BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Old Aug 18, 2010, 09:22 AM   #21
taxgirl
Sgt. Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by maribeatlecrazy View Post
Yes, sure! I didn't mean to say Paul was a saint or anything like that. I just mentioned Linda's case because it's much more dificult to find men who accept a woman like Linda than the other way round.
That is silly and not true imo. If you find your true love it really doesn't matter how many men of women there were before...
This is just 'Devil's Radio'
Old Aug 18, 2010, 11:47 AM   #22
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal View Post
Well, so was I! I don't see why 'the public' should hold an opinion one way or the other. It's nothing to do with them.
Oh, phew! I kept searching for an opinion I could not find!

Nope, still nothing!
Old Aug 18, 2010, 01:22 PM   #23
oldbeatlechick
Sun King

Quote:
Well, so was I! I don't see why 'the public' should hold an opinion one way or the other. It's nothing to do with them.
Exactly, nothing to do with anyone else.

Quote:
Don't get your knickers in a twist over nothing. Wait till I post something truly controversial.
You?? .......post something controversial Hib NEVER!!!!!

We didn't all get into music for a job! We got into music to avoid a job, in truth - and get lots of girls.
Paul McCartney
oldbeatlechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2010, 02:40 PM   #24
maribeatlecrazy
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgirl View Post
That is silly and not true imo. If you find your true love it really doesn't matter how many men of women there were before...
Well, maybe we had different life experiences. I'm speking for myself: it's not easy to find men who don't care about how many guys his wife/girlfriend went to bed with in the past.

Take a sad song and make it better =)

maribeatlecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2010, 03:51 PM   #25
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

A person is NOT their past and people change all the time. So what if they'd known others before meeting each other? Like what's the big deal about that?

Paul and Linda were open and honest with each other and they loved and cared about each other and that is what makes for a rock solid relationship.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2010, 05:19 PM   #26
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:
Don't get your knickers in a twist over nothing. Wait till I post something truly controversial.
lol ~ OK, I will... but make it really juicy, ok? (j/k)

But to those who say it has nothing to do with "the public"... I agree if you mean it's not for us to tell Paul what to do, but we can have opinions and share those opinions in public forums... Paul is, after all, a public figure, is he not?

I truly don't understand why people object if we the public comment on the decisions made by public figures... or if we comment on a posted article that criticized a public figure. I mean, who the hell really cares what we think about Paul's love life anyway? It's just fun to talk about...

Paul + Linda 4evah! Peace y'all...

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Last edited by Maia 66 : Aug 18, 2010 at 05:32 PM.
Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2010, 05:57 PM   #27
hibgal
Sun King

Quote:
Silly or not, in many societies it's still true! There's one set of rules for men and another for women. Probably not so much where you and I live but still reality in other parts of the world.

Not to be nitpicky but, doesn't Devil's Radio have to do with gossip? Sorry but I can't see the connection between social mores and idle talk.

Sometimes I dream in colors
It always happens when
I find myself with others
Who don't pretend
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2010, 08:07 PM   #28
FPSHOT
Sun King

Quote:
Silly or not, in many societies it's still true! There's one set of rules for men and another for women. Probably not so much where you and I live but still reality in other parts of the world.
Comparing that might create a loooong conversation. For example, in certain parts of the world it's been a common issue for many centuries and still today, that a man has women as his wives even living under the same roofs in numbers large enough to set up a women's football team, whereas 'where you and I live' it's a criminal offence.

Quote:
Not to be nitpicky but, doesn't Devil's Radio have to do with gossip? Sorry but I can't see the connection between social mores and idle talk.
It's mainly about gossip but not entirely and here at Links has become a common description for also certain 'news stories'.

Last edited by FPSHOT : Aug 18, 2010 at 08:07 PM.
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2010, 08:21 PM   #29
hibgal
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSHOT View Post
Comparing that might create a loooong conversation. For example, in certain parts of the world it's been a common issue for many centuries and still today, that a man has women as his wives even living under the same roofs in numbers large enough to set up a women's football team, whereas 'where you and I live' it's a criminal offence.
Exactly. Making this a short conversation ; in a perfect world there would be one set of rules for everyone but, since we're not living in a perfect world, there isn't.

Quote:
It's mainly about gossip but not entirely and here at Links has become a common description for also certain 'news stories'.
That may be so, but we weren't talking about Linda/Paul per se at this point but male/female moral expectations - weren't we?

It always happens when
Who don't pretend
Old Aug 18, 2010, 08:28 PM   #30
FPSHOT
Sun King

Quote:
Exactly. Making this a short conversation ; in a perfect world there would be one set of rules for everyone but, since we're not living in a perfect world, there isn't.
In my view, setting up rules will often create problems.

Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:07 PM   #31
AeolianCadence
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
I'm convinced Paul loved her for the right reasons, as she loved Paul.
If she hadn't passed away they would still be together imo.
I agree, taxgirl. It's hard for me to believe they would have stuck together as they did if it had been about the fame and/or the money.
AeolianCadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:25 PM   #32
Legs
Sun King

Typical "current" " news" article from the daily nailed.
Not worth the spam folder even.

It's something that criticises, comments on something from over 40 years ago, above all it's about someone who isn't here anymore? Add lots of speculations So how can you discuss and comment on it as it being the full truth.

I can only see this article being in bad taste, and nothing more.

Last edited by Legs : Aug 18, 2010 at 11:09 PM.
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:35 PM   #33
Legs
Sun King

Quote:
That would be boring, but maybe I misunderstood.
But why must there be one set of rules everywhere. And what must these set of rules be? The values we hold here in the west?

However since we live here in the west and not in any of these other societies, and Paul does, and Linda did as well. I can only comment on things seeing it in our light of day, with our values.

Then it's really of no concern how many people you had before getting married, before you find the right one. 100 before is nothing, 1 during is a lot.
Unless you are having a free relationship or whatever.

Quote:
That may be so, but we weren't talking about Linda/Paul per se at this point but male/female moral expectations - weren't we?
Also but not only and always. The original article anyway is gossip.

Last edited by Legs : Aug 18, 2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:42 PM   #34
Legs
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by maribeatlecrazy View Post
Well, maybe we had different life experiences. I'm speking for myself: it's not easy to find men who don't care about how many guys his wife/girlfriend went to bed with in the past.
You have a point, but I am sure you will agree that's not the faulth of the wife/girlfriend. Paul cleary didn't have any problems,
and there is really not much that can be said further imo.

Last edited by Legs : Aug 18, 2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 11:22 PM   #35
hibgal
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legs View Post
But why must there be one set of rules everywhere. And what must these set of rules be? The values we hold here in the west?
I think we're talking in circles. maribeatlecrazy said that in her society male and female sexual experience is judged by different standards. taxgirl said that it's silly and untrue. I disagree. In most of the world there's that double standard. I guess things got a bit confused with the introduction of FP's ladies football team.
Quote:
Also but not only and always. The original article anyway is gossip.
I agree with that.

It always happens when
Who don't pretend
Old Aug 18, 2010, 11:24 PM   #36
FPSHOT
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legs View Post

However since we live here in the west and not in any of these other societies, and Paul does, and Linda did as well. I can only comment on things seeing it in our light of day, with our values.

Then it's really of no concern how many people you had before getting married, before you find the right one. 100 before is nothing, 1 during is a lot.
Nice, Legs I would not want to have to manifest the rules/habits of for instance the jungle people.

Finding the right one can also happen after getting married btw. Source; the numbers of divorces.

Old Aug 19, 2010, 02:45 AM   #37
maxeythecat
Nowhere Man

Oh ferfuckssake, here we go again.......I dunno about you guys, but the maneating groupie baggin' her quarry story just never really washed with me. I never trusted anything that sounded so self servingly vindictive that still repeated 40 years on with virtually the same dialogue still ever-so-conveniently intact. Besides, knowing Mac as we all do (well, not in the literally sense of course, but jut the fact that we know he were'nt no pushover back then when it came to women and who the hell he wanted to be with), the last thing a Northerner of good sound male chavinist stock like him would do would be to chuck a glamourous creature like the redhead in favour of a "groupie". I mean come ON folks! A Scouser, even with one as well known as Paul wasn't about to settle on a bubble headed mantrap...like Danny Fields said, women were at his side by HIS choice and leasure, not the other way around. Besides, did'nt that stupid "I'm gonna marry a Beatle" story finally get reputed by the guy who was actually responsible for starting it? Namely Pete Townshend? AT HER MEMORIAL SERVICE?? And those quotes supposedly by Nat Weiss etc.....um, edited down and taken out of context just a wee bit?? How boring to rehash rearrange and distort what's already been in print a thousand times just to write a book and claim that it's your own "hard earned research"....how boring indeed.
maxeythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2010, 02:52 AM   #38
maxeythecat
Nowhere Man

And the declaration of whoa, she had 20 lovers in 2 YEARS....so the fuck WHAT??? Its the 60s ya dope!! The Sexual Revolution, the Free Love Hippie days, the Summers of LOVE ya dumb hicks! How in all honesty can you possibly compare the attitudes about ANYTHING back then with what's going on today??? Not only is that supid but irresponsible and downright ridiculous.
maxeythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2010, 05:14 AM   #39
hibgal
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxeythecat View Post
Its the 60s ya dope!! The Sexual Revolution, the Free Love Hippie days, the Summers of LOVE ya dumb hicks! How in all honesty can you possibly compare the attitudes about ANYTHING back then with what's going on today??? Not only is that supid but irresponsible and downright ridiculous.
Maybe not exactly the words I would chose myself but that's true too. Lots of people lived like that back then (well, some still do) and Linda's lifestyle wasn't by no means considered excessive of the era. Besides, the testimony of time - nearly 30 years of marriage - can't be sneezed at and should be enough to prove that she had what it took to keep Paul happy.

And maybe she said she was going to marry Paul before she met him. How unusual. Seems like half the girls in the 60s said the same thing and some are still saying it today!

It always happens when
Who don't pretend
Old Aug 19, 2010, 06:20 AM   #40
hibgal
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia 66 View Post
Paul is, after all, a public figure, is he not?

I truly don't understand why people object if we the public comment on the decisions made by public figures... or if we comment on a posted article that criticized a public figure.
That's another thing. Who decides when somebody loses all their common human rights and privacy to become a public figure? Can you appeal the judgment? I can see when it come to political figures that there should be a certain transparency; after all they're supposedly working for the common good. I don't see why this should be extended to their private lives unless it directly affects their carrying out of duties. I do NOT at all understand how this public figure crap can apply to a person doing nothing more than writing and performing music!

It always happens when
Who don't pretend