BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > New Products > Rock Band

Old Sep 11, 2009, 05:44 PM   #21
JonnyLytnin
Rocky Raccoon

I generally don't tackle the drums on these games but I'll give 'em a go for sure. Ringo will probably have me in fits and then my brain will explode!
JonnyLytnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 10:29 AM   #22
GooGooGooJoob
Fool On The Hill

I'm absolutely terrible at all of the Rock Band and Guitar Hero games, but I have to say that The Beatles Rock Band is such a blast. Knowing all the songs inside and out definitely helps!

The song choices for the first release are pretty good, but I can't wait for them to release the rest of the albums! I wish we didn't have to wait until December for Rubber Soul!

As a side note, did anybody see Dhani on Conan O'Brien a few nights ago? I found it interesting that the fact that he's George's son was mentioned VERY briefly and then not talked about again. I had no idea how much he was involved in the game-- cool!
Old Sep 12, 2009, 03:20 PM   #23
mluque125
Paperback Writer

Send a message via AIM to mluque125

Jonny, I love playing drums it's so much fun, definitely give it a try! Especially on expert you will go nuts!

I really can't stop playing this game, it's SO MUCH fun. Can't wait until I get all the achievements if I ever do

Inspiration, move me brightly.
Light the song with sense and color;
Hold away despair, more than this I will not ask.
mluque125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 03:22 PM   #24
mluque125
Paperback Writer

Quote:
I'm absolutely terrible at all of the Rock Band and Guitar Hero games, but I have to say that The Beatles Rock Band is such a blast. Knowing all the songs inside and out definitely helps!

Yeah knowing all the lyrics has really really helped me. I can sing on expert - except all Ringo songs, I have to go down to medium for those.

The most fun I have is when I play drums and sing at the same time or play guitar and sing at the same time.

Old Sep 12, 2009, 09:10 PM   #25
scouseofdistinction
Day Tripper

Does this game require you to unlock songs? I finished playing all of the songs (only through Quick Play) and I noticed that a few of them were missing like "The End," etc.

Does anyone know how to get all of the songs?
scouseofdistinction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 10:57 PM   #26
Serena

You have to play story mode to unlock all the songs, and All You Need is Love is an additional download.

Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2009, 02:06 AM   #27
Ivan P
Nowhere Man

Got the complete band set yesterday and am loving it. Just got through story mode on lead guitar. A couple songs seemed a bit weak on guitar - I'm Looking Through You and Yellow Submarine, for example, but they're going to be great on drums. I also love the animations and the set pieces when it introduces a new gig, the representation of their entire career is great.

I have all my other music games (Guitar Hero, previous Rock Band games, etc) on PS3, but picked up the 360 edition so that I can download all that great extra content coming up.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 09:29 AM   #28
JonnyLytnin
Rocky Raccoon

I Picked up the Gretsch Duo Jet last night because George is my favorite Beatle. Since I started playing these games a few years ago I have preferred the feel of the Guitar Hero guitars to those of Rock Band but after playing the Hofner Bass and seeing how much firmer all of the buttons and the strum bar feel I decided it was time to give the Gretsch a try.

After playing a couple setlists I decided that overall the Gretsch could be my favorite fake guitar yet. My only issue w/ it is that it's too easy to activate star power/Beatlemania.

I had a Beatles Rock Band party last night w/ three of my friends. Two guitar players and two singers. We had an absolute blast! I never knew some of those harmony parts to I Am The Walrus (Oompah, oompah, stick it up your jumper) and I always thought in Come Together John was whispering "shoop" before and between verses. Never knew he was saying "Shoot me", which I find very eerie.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 09:54 AM   #29
karolaa
Fool On The Hill

Hello everyone:)

I bought the game a few days ago but here, in Poland, guitars and drums are unavailable (I think - I haven't seen them anywhere). I'm still waiting for it... I don't like singing:)

My sister was singing "Come Together" and I also didn't know about "Shoot me", every time I heard "shoo".
karolaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2009, 02:59 PM   #30
feelfab
Dr. Robert

My son in law got it; we played some Thursday--great, great fun. And like some have said, knowing the songs helps a lot, 'cuz I'm ususallly pretty bad on the other rock band songs. The whole fam is coming over tonight to play. Looking forward to it.
feelfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2009, 07:33 PM   #31
JonnyLytnin
Rocky Raccoon

Just bought "All You Need Is Love" as a downloadable song. Another great song for sure. It appears as though they have combined the guitar parts w/ some of the violin parts and trumpet parts to make the guitar gameplay more challenging. Anybody else get it? If so let me know if I'm right.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 09:05 PM   #32
Serena

Yes, I have All You Need Is Love as well. I don't like like playing the horn parts as a guitarist...

Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:52 PM   #33
mluque125
Paperback Writer

Just got the lefty guitar achievement! I bought All You Need Is Love as well, I think it's a nice addition. Can't wait for the rest of the downloads though.

Old Oct 22, 2009, 02:19 PM   #34
BeatlesFan4life
Dr. Robert

I hope to get the game by christmas time this year for the Wii. I cant wait to play the game.
BeatlesFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 02, 2009, 04:52 AM   #35
OzBeatleFan
Apple Scruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatlesFan4life View Post
I hope to get the game by christmas time this year for the Wii. I cant wait to play the game.
Same here. I SO have to get this game!!

"Rock on George for Ringo one time"
OzBeatleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2010, 07:47 PM   #36
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

My boyfriend just went out and bought the game 2 days ago. We played it for several hours last night, and I think it's a blast. I am rarely into video games, and have played regular Guitar Hero maybe once or twice in the past. However, I do find Rockband a huge amount of fun (although, I think it's simply because it's the Beatles. Any other group I wouldn't want to spend hours sitting in front of the tv).

Oh, and I have a new respect for Ringo lol. I realize Rockband isn't the same as playing a real instrument - but in the game the drums sure are tough!