BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Nov 26, 2013, 05:28 PM   #1
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Default Louise cut off from harrison will

Poor Louise.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...pport-her.html
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2013, 07:38 AM   #2
hibgal
Sun King

I must say I don't understand some people. Not that I buy the 'I don't care' bit from Louise because if she truly didn't care she would never have mentioned it and it wouldn't have become known, BUT, it still makes Olivia come across like a greedy b****h. Whatever George wrote in his will, for a measly $2000 a month, out of an estate that still makes millions every year, Olivia could buy a load of brownie points. It's not like it's in any way an exorbitant amount. Hey, I bet anything Olivia easily spends $2000 on a pair of shoes.

Sometimes I dream in colors
It always happens when
I find myself with others
Who don't pretend
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2013, 01:27 PM   #3
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Although I may not score points with others on this, I love Louise. She was such a little French girl, all right!

I think Louise is a good hearted person, very much Louise French's daughter. Louise could use a little help from her friends and a Harrison hug.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Nov 27, 2013 at 01:28 PM.
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2013, 06:00 PM   #4
fellowgardener
Nowhere Man

I'm not familiar with the Daily Mail but glancing over it's online site, most of it seems to be about celebrities and gossip. There were actual news stories also, but I didn't get a good feel for it. Just my opinion of course. I've never read it. Where did they get this story and if it came from Louise, why would she be commenting on it if she has no hard feelings? A "no comment" would be the best thing if she were approached about the topic. Also, I don't think Olivia would take away $2000/month from an 82-year-old woman. That's only pennies to the total she and Dhani are worth. I don't think George would be so cruel to have payment stopped if there was any to begin with. We don't know what went on in the personal life of George.

Last edited by fellowgardener : Nov 28, 2013 at 07:06 PM.
fellowgardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2013, 03:29 AM   #5
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

In the book Do You Want to Know a Secret, Louise stated that George stopped speaking to her in the late 70s over her use of his music on her radio show. He didn't speak to her again until just before he died.

That contradicts this account of him giving her money starting in the 1980s
Old Nov 29, 2013, 10:29 AM   #6
Hari's Chick

I know George gave her permission to use "Save the World" when she was beginning an environmental group. It was call D.R.O.P. I forget what that stood for, lol, but it was really cute. She promo'd it at Fest.

When I met her, she was so sweet, and it meant the world to me. She gave me a big hug I'll never forget.

I don't know if this story is true or devil's radio. I hope it's not true because if it were... that's just sad.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 12:57 PM   #7
CWW
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal View Post
I must say I don't understand some people. Not that I buy the 'I don't care' bit from Louise because if she truly didn't care she would never have mentioned it and it wouldn't have become known, BUT, it still makes Olivia come across like a greedy b****h. Whatever George wrote in his will, for a measly $2000 a month, out of an estate that still makes millions every year, Olivia could buy a load of brownie points. It's not like it's in any way an exorbitant amount. Hey, I bet anything Olivia easily spends $2000 on a pair of shoes.
Yet you don't know of what George and Louises relationship was like and how he was furious about how he felt she exploited him and her relationship to him..that is why out of his vast fortune he only gave her a few hundred dollars a week, which is pretty generous considering if you ask me..

I wouldn't be so quick to judge Olivia or George on this one. They were never close and George felt like he had been exploited/taken advantage of for money, so perhaps understandable why they are not keen to keep dishing more and more out.

Louise has made a lot of money both on her own and using her beatles connections. She would also get a pension..

She has an axe to grind speaking publically about this and the castle and "rich and heartless" comments I feel speak volumes. I actually feel Sorry for Olivia over this. If she is happy and proud to stand on her own two feet she should do it!

"take me to the river, drop me in the water..."
- David Byrne
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2013, 05:26 PM   #8
CWW
Wild Honey Pie

Also of course this would mean George didn't leave her anything in his will..So its George Not Olivia doing it..Louise seems nice, but there are 2 sides to it and she is the ONLY Beatle sibling to make money off flaunting her connection to her brother, other than Johns Half sister who didn't really know him..Take from that what you will..

- David Byrne
Old Dec 03, 2013, 02:11 PM   #9
beatlebangs1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Yet you don't know of what George and Louise's relationship was like and how he was furious about how he felt she exploited him and her relationship to him..that is why out of his vast fortune he only gave her a few hundred dollars a week, which is pretty generous considering if you ask me..

I wouldn't be so quick to judge Olivia or George on this one. They were never close and George felt like he had been exploited/taken advantage of for money, so perhaps understandable why they are not keen to keep dishing more and more out.

George, as we know was a very private person. He didn't like the limelight and even said that he wanted to be successful, but he never said he wanted to be famous. Louise, on the other hand is not such a private personality and so I can readily and easily see where this could lead to problems between the two.

I would not come down hard on Olivia; I don't think she is any of those negative things. In fact, I love and have the deepest respect for her. Since I don't know the family dynamics and how she and her sister-in-law interacted or IF they interacted, it is not my place to say or judge. Again, none of us here knows the whole story and if there is any germ of truth in this article, more will be forthcoming. Again, I say wait and see and let's not rush to judge.

Louise has made a lot of money both on her own and using her beatles connections. She would also get a pension..

She has an axe to grind speaking publically about this and the castle and "rich and heartless" comments I feel speak volumes. I actually feel Sorry for Olivia over this. If she is happy and proud to stand on her own two feet she should do it!
There is justice on both sides. While CWW makes good points above, I take the position that since I don't know any of them personally, I will not judge. I will say this: it is unfortunate if it is true and if not, it is unfortnate that such an article was printed.

Louise, unlike her brother was very much publicity oriented. She has said in more than one interview that as a child, she drew a picture of herself performing on stage. In 1964, she was photographed at the Finch Lane Bus Conductors & Drivers Club with the senior Harrisons. Harry had a publicity side as well - he enjoyed acting as MC at the Club. That has been reported in Hunter Davies' book and in others. Harry himself said in an interview in or about 1967-68 that he enjoyed being an MC, announcing the local acts such as comedians and other performers at the club.

However, and this is a big HOWEVER, I honestly don't think Louise was trying to take advantage of anyone or hurt anyone. I get the sense that Louise really loved her brothers, the Harrison boys and, because of her personality, which is to enjoy the limelight, George and his success provided her with that open door. I do think, as Hari's Chick pointed out above, Louise and the "Harrison hug" are for real. I do think Louise is sincere there. She is an environmentalist and I think she really wants to make earth a better place.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Dec 03, 2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2013, 03:04 PM   #10
Hari's Chick

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 View Post
I do think, as Hari's Chick pointed out above, Louise and the "Harrison hug" are for real. I do think Louise is sincere there.
I agree, BB! She was so sweet to me. It meant the world to me, that hug. She also signed my little cartoon George doll. :) I think that hug made me smile for a week! And she was down to earth, that's the thing. I've met Olivia, Pattie, Lou, and Dhani. Dhani was the loveliest and most down to earth... very sweet person. After Dhani, Lou was the warmest. Must be in the Harrison genetics. :)
Old Dec 06, 2013, 05:53 PM   #11
CWW
Wild Honey Pie

I am not saying Lou is a bad person per say..yes she is an Enviromentalist and also a Self Realisation/Yogananda follower so she DID have a lot in common with George.

I think maybe cause of the age gap and George's shyness/aversion to publicity they had some MAJOR issues.

It is hard not to see her beatle tribute bands and hard days night hotel things as tacky and advantageous. Given how George was so almost anti Beatlemania and dismissive of the fabs in later years, its even worse...

The interview Lou gave - she should never said what she did..maybe they twisted and took stuff out of context and just foccused on 1% of what she said. I am sure they did - but its just BAD, regardless..She should never have said it and just shut up if asked about it. Timing on his anniversary is so bad...

That said if i was ever given the chance to meet Lou of course id take it..i have no doubt she is an amazing person, she is a Harrison afterall :)

- David Byrne
Old Dec 06, 2013, 05:56 PM   #12
CWW
Wild Honey Pie

And yes BB i agree, none of us KNOW for SURE as we are not the people concerned. So it is speculation, but i am pretty sure its along that path..

George took good care of his brothers financially i know that.

- David Byrne
Old Dec 06, 2013, 06:13 PM   #13
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post

The interview Lou gave - she should never said what she did..maybe they twisted and took stuff out of context and just foccused on 1% of what she said. I am sure they did - but its just BAD, regardless..She should never have said it and just shut up if asked about it. Timing on his anniversary is so bad...
Aww, she's just hurt though. And really, she is just being honest which is also in the Harrison style. George could be quite blunt.
Old Dec 06, 2013, 08:15 PM   #14
bobdude
Dr. Robert

This article seems a bit sensationalistic. Made to sell papers and get the wags a talkin'! It worked because I saw this story all over the internet. That damn heartless Beatle! LOL!
I suppose it could be true, but isn't her brother the guy that helped to relieve an entire nation? Does it seem reasonable that he'd help a country, but let his sister suffer? Or anybody for that matter? I think the BS meter is a bit high on this one! JMO! Maybe Lou was trying to bolster attendance for her 'Boys'?
As HC mentioned in an earlier post, I am leaning towards the Gossip, Gossip side of this arguement.
As Paul wrote many years ago..... his son is working for the Daily Mail. It's a steady job, but he wants to be a Paperback Writer!

Time to Wilbury Twist again. Well there ain't never been nothing quite like this...........
Old Dec 11, 2013, 05:15 AM   #15
beatlebangs1964

It may just be D****'s Radio. Bob made good points above and so did Hari's Chick and CWW.

In 1964 a similar story about John and Freddie Lennon was published. The article was a moaner about how John's father was a dishwasher while his son was a household name. You have to take stories like this with a pillar of salt and not just a grain. Like George, keep an open mind.

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Dec 11, 2013 at 05:15 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 02:27 PM   #16
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

So thats what this was all about. I saw the headline a few weeks ago but didnt get a chance to find out what the article said. Thats sad, if true. But if it is true, I wonder why its coming out over 10 years later?

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2014, 03:33 AM   #17
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdude View Post
. Does it seem reasonable that he'd help a country, but let his sister suffer? Or anybody for that matter? .
Actually, with my knowledge of activist, I'd say yes. It does make sense. activist can be very cruel to people around them but nice to strangers. Hence the song, Easy to Be Hard from Hair
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:10 AM   #18
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfittoy View Post
Actually, with my knowledge of activist, I'd say yes. It does make sense. activist can be very cruel to people around them but nice to strangers. Hence the song, Easy to Be Hard from Hair
Most people aren't George...
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:27 AM   #19
hibgal
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari's Chick View Post
Most people aren't George...
Well, Olivia isn't George either.

Of course the article is published for sensation as most news are, even in reputable papers, which this isn't. It doesn't follow there's no truth in it. In bare facts I believe it - Louise was left out of George's will and the pension he gave her died with him.

Why now? Look at the date! In connection with the anniversary of George's passing some journalist (I used the word loosely) went through old news articles related to him to see if there was anything newsworthy to be had and decided to make a follow-up. Note that Louise doesn't complain or anything but of course she answered honestly about not getting a pension. She isn't the one making a Big Deal out of it.

As to why this wasn't written into George's will. Who knows? At the time of writing his will he probably expected Louise to predecease him. She's many years older than he after all. Later on, when it was clear his own death was imminent, he was probably too ill to think of or changing it or hoped Olivia would continue the payments anyway without him writing it down.

The one coming out of this looking bad is Olivia but, then again, what else to expect for a woman who put up razor wire so the neighborhood cats can cut themselves to pieces? I cannot see GEORGE doing anything to harm animals (especially cats) thus!

Sometimes I dream in colors
It always happens when
I find myself with others
Who don't pretend
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2014, 02:02 PM   #20
Hari's Chick

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal View Post
Well, Olivia isn't George either.
There's only one George!