BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Sep 25, 2004, 09:54 AM   #1
Ana_Lennon
Old Brown Shoe

Send a message via MSN to Ana_Lennon
Default Remember John

In johnlennonforum.com we want to do something really special for John. I'd love if Beatlelinkers join too!

His birthday is coming up, October 9th- so we thought that it might be nice to do something for that. This is the idea: It's a kind of "event" for him:

*On October 9th, we'll dress in white as a symbol for peace, and to remember John's birth, John's love and work. We'll also write something to remember him everywhere we can. And finally, we'll light a candle in his honour.

For more details, Click here
Ana_Lennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2004, 10:00 AM   #2
Pepperland Kamer
Dr. Robert

Default Re: Remember John

Im going to wear my John shirt with him in front of the statue of liberty on oct 9...its white,..that would count right?
and maybe on dec 8 ill wear my black shirt with the pic of him in his famous NYC pose

Joe
Pepperland Kamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2004, 10:03 AM   #3
Ana_Lennon
Old Brown Shoe

Of course! that would be great. there are no rules to follow: If it's white, it counts

Yeah, there's also an idea about december 8th. Here it is:

*On December 8th, we'll dress in black to show that he's still with us in our hearts, because we remember him. And we'll also remember everything for us during his life. We'll also light a candle in his honour
Old Sep 25, 2004, 10:06 AM   #4
donnamariemoreno27
Mr. Moonlight

Send a message via AIM to donnamariemoreno27

I will be at his STAR in Hollywood in front of Capitol Records wearing my WAR IS OVER-IF YOU WANT IT t-shirt w/ a candle to light later on in the evening...a bunch of us gather there every year...

Donna~

P.S.-oh yeah Capitol is so sweet too, they donate a cake for his b-day as well...
donnamariemoreno27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2004, 10:24 AM   #5
Roxy Starkey
Sgt. Pepper

Send a message via MSN to Roxy Starkey

I gotta find a nice white t-shirt, you see it's my birthday party that day too.

I'll light a candle (not the one in the cake, other) and I'll listen to their songs.
Roxy Starkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2004, 10:31 AM   #6
twovirgins
Sun King

sounds like a nice idea
twovirgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2004, 10:49 AM   #7
angelgodiva
Bulldog

I traditionally burn a candle for John on both those days, and I say a special prayer for his family.
I also write a letter to him and then burn it; sometimes I post the contenes here, sometimes not.
It is a nice idea, thank you for sharing it.
angelgodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2004, 10:59 AM   #8
Ana_Lennon
Old Brown Shoe

It would be great if we can foment this idea, so a lot of people learn it and also do it (if they want)
Old Sep 26, 2004, 07:53 PM   #9
LovinLennon909
Taxman

I always wear white on Oct 9, and I usually bake a cake, burn a candle, and write a letter to John. On Dec 8, I always wear black, burn a candle, and write a letter. I usually have a little cry, as well.
LovinLennon909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2004, 03:21 AM   #10
scott500
Apple Scruff

I'll dig out the old white shirt with the pic on it the same as Ana's avatar, my mum bought for me when she went to the Cavern. It has 1940 - 1980 under the pic.
scott500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2004, 06:41 PM   #11
lizzydarci
Fool On The Hill

Donna-- you'll be at John's star on Hollywood blvd. on Oct 9th? I live in the area, around what time will people be there? I'd love to join in... if not, I'll stick to my original plan for his big 64th b-day: an all night movie/music fest in rememberance.
lizzydarci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2004, 09:43 PM   #12
donnamariemoreno27
Mr. Moonlight

[ QUOTE ]
dizzylizzydarci Posted:
Donna-- you'll be at John's star on Hollywood blvd. on Oct 9th? I live in the area, around what time will people be there? I'd love to join in... if not, I'll stick to my original plan for his big 64th b-day: an all night movie/music fest in rememberance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh cool DLD...I really hope you can make it! Well the event/vigil starts at 12 noon, I will be there around 11:30, but I'm sure there will be people there way BEFORE then...so basically come anywhere between 11:00-12 noon

Donna~
Old Oct 03, 2004, 08:10 AM   #13
BeatlesScruff
Mr. Moonlight

[ QUOTE ]
Ana_Lennon Posted:
In johnlennonforum.com we want to do something really special for John. I'd love if Beatlelinkers join too!

His birthday is coming up, October 9th- so we thought that it might be nice to do something for that. This is the idea: It's a kind of "event" for him:

*On October 9th, we'll dress in white as a symbol for peace, and to remember John's birth, John's love and work. We'll also write something to remember him everywhere we can. And finally, we'll light a candle in his honour.

For more details, Click here

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you soooooo much for telling us!!!!! Ahhh!! I used to post there all the time and now I have nooooo time! So I only post at SOME places.. BUT OMG... JOHN'S BIRTHDAY IS 6 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ohh JohN!! I love yoU!!!

Tiff Lennon
BeatlesScruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2004, 05:37 PM   #14
mccartneymaniac
Dr. Robert

what a nice way to remember him i bet he would like that very much maybe someday the day will be honored as apeace day or something to recall all he did for the world through his songs
mccartneymaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2004, 09:40 PM   #15
lizzydarci
Fool On The Hill

Donna... I work in Pasadena and I *do* work this Saturday, but I swear to god I can make it from Pasadena to Hollywood in fifteen minutes flat (my super-special-secret-shortcut! the 134 to forestlawn drive to barham blvd to highland and hollywood-- easy!) Just in case I make it, I'll be wearing a black beatles tank top. And if not... blame it on my boss.
lizzydarci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2004, 04:00 AM   #16
BeatlesScruff
Mr. Moonlight

Bad thing - I work on Saturday. I am going to try and work an extra day during the week just so that I can get off on Saturday and celebrate. I will go out somewhere and show off my Beatleness!! Well *caughs* My JOHN LENNONNESS!!!

Tiff Lennon
BeatlesScruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2004, 09:43 AM   #17
Ana_Lennon
Old Brown Shoe

Tiff, I like the idea that you posted on johnlennonforum . Post it here too!
Old Oct 04, 2004, 12:03 PM   #18
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

Gee...on John's birthday I am going to be wearing my regular clothes, taking my son to a classmate's birthday party, spending the day with my family and staying as FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE from Strawberry Fields. (Too many sickies, weirdos and bizarros for my taste on that day and December 8, thanks...I can go there any time I want and prefer to avoid it on "anniversaries.")

I sometimes light a candle for John on his birthday, and I ALWAYS remember him in my own way on the anniversary of his birth. I would absolutely rather celebrate his life than mourn his death. However, I also always burn a memorial candle for him on the anniversary of his death, because, being Jewish, that is what we do to remember a deceased loved one. I usually go out and buy a special memorial candle and burn it for 24 hours on December 8. I would do that for a member of my own family, and that is why I do it for John, because I consider him such. In fact, I feel closer to John than I do to most of the people to whom I am related.

A nice idea for some kind of "world" celebration on John's birthday, but I'm afraid it's a bit difficult for me to participate this year, anyway...
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2004, 12:20 PM   #19
donnamariemoreno27
Mr. Moonlight

[ QUOTE ]
dizzylizzydarci Posted:
Donna... I work in Pasadena and I *do* work this Saturday, but I swear to god I can make it from Pasadena to Hollywood in fifteen minutes flat (my super-special-secret-shortcut! the 134 to forestlawn drive to barham blvd to highland and hollywood-- easy!) Just in case I make it, I'll be wearing a black beatles tank top. And if not... blame it on my boss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok...DLD I really hope you can make it SO I will look out for you-but don't drive 'crazy/fast' to get there tho, it'll still be going till 2:00pm...

Donna~
Old Oct 04, 2004, 03:53 PM   #20
ImaginePeace78
Dr. Robert

Send a message via AIM to ImaginePeace78 Send a message via Yahoo to ImaginePeace78

On John's birthday this year, I'll be in Chicago visiting my cousin and looking at bridesmaid dressses (she's getting married in March, 2005). I'll think of John that day, I do every day.
-Kristi
ImaginePeace78 is offline   Reply With Quote