BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Paperback Writer

Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:55 AM   #1
johncharles
Nowhere Man

Default Great Beatles Fan Fiction Writers: Past and Present

I enjoy a good story, but the heyday of Beatles fan fiction seems to be over. Which is a shame because there are some talented writers out there who aren't getting the recognition they deserve.

What writers of Beatles fan fiction stories do you enjoy? I think the best writer currently updating (on an irregular basis but the updates are worth the wait) is Terri she has a great site here.

She's a real talent with an interesting mix of genres. She can write it all and on top of it the stories are good quality. Currently she's writing quite an interesting George mystery story that involves murder and sex. And, the other story she's writing while it does have angst is a completely different genre. She also wrote this really great Paul story that will give you chills. It's no fluff piece.

She's go this great ability to take actual Beatles history and add other non canon elements seamlessly.

Who are your favorite fan fiction writers past and present?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:13 PM   #2
infogal
Little Child

Terri is indeed a very superb, sublime and talented writer. I like some of the authors from McLennonLand but haven't had a chance to catch up.
infogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:26 PM   #3
johncharles
Nowhere Man

Terri is the bees knees! LOL. I really do enjoy her stuff. I've looked through some of the stuff on McLennonLand on LJ. It didn't take long for them to accept my membership request. I'm not a big fan of slash. I lean more toward the het pairings, but slash seems to be more popular these days or at least more active. Any writers by name I should check out?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:33 PM   #4
infogal
Little Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncharles View Post
Terri is the bees knees! LOL. I really do enjoy her stuff. I've looked through some of the stuff on McLennonLand on LJ. It didn't take long for them to accept my membership request. I'm not a big fan of slash. I lean more toward the het pairings, but slash seems to be more popular these days or at least more active. Any writers by name I should check out?
I like jpgr1963 and beagle-agent, I also like some of the writers who use Beatles actual history and the geniune lingo they used.
I wish Jonesingjay would write more! Lots of potential there!
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:41 PM   #5
johncharles
Nowhere Man

Those are some good ones.

jonesingjay has moved onto strictly het stories, and recently posted on BFFD over on LJ.

And, knowing Beatles history and using English slang correctly is a nonnegotiable must I'd say.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:48 PM   #6
infogal
Little Child

Couldn't agree with you more there, JC. Couldn't agree more! ;)
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:10 PM   #7
SF4-EVER

Aviva Rothschild (who's here as ShowTunes) is currently writing a sequel to With Strings Attached. I'm lucky enough to get to read chapters as she finishes them, and it's quite a twisty story.

My novella, Lyon's Legacy, about a scientist traveling back to the TwenCen to visit her fictional rock star ancestor, is now available as an e-book from Amazon, B&N, and Smashwords and in paper from CreateSpace and Amazon.
SF4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:23 PM   #8
infogal
Little Child

Aviva is still writing? I need to check back then! Yes!

Hey nice to see YOU, Sandra! Are you still writing in the science-fiction genre? I would love to read more of your stuff. Not that I'm pushing you or anything. :p But more please!

Last edited by infogal : Dec 19, 2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:29 AM   #9
johncharles
Nowhere Man

What's 'With Strings Attached' about?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:06 PM   #10
SF4-EVER

Infogal, I don't think Aviva's posted chapters of her new work yet, but she's made a lot of headway with it. I think she'll finish it much faster than she did WSA.

As for my own work, yes, I still write fantasy and SF. As a matter of fact, I've gone indie. I've rewritten Move Over Ms. L. and published it as Lyon's Legacy. (I've changed John's name and several other details, but a fan should still see the Lennon influence.) It's available as an e-book and in paperback. The sequel will be published next year.

Johncharles, With Strings Attached is a fantasy set in 1980. Basically, the Beatles are brought to an alien world, and while they aren't happy to see each other at first, they have to work together before they can return home. But singing/playing together isn't enough, and all four will be changed on many levels even before they begin their quest--I can say no more. ;)

My novella, Lyon's Legacy, about a scientist traveling back to the TwenCen to visit her fictional rock star ancestor, is now available as an e-book from Amazon, B&N, and Smashwords and in paper from CreateSpace and Amazon.

Last edited by SF4-EVER : Dec 20, 2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:27 AM   #11
johncharles
Nowhere Man

'With Strings Attached' does sound like an interesting concept and certainly one I've never read about before.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:14 AM   #12
SF4-EVER

You can read a sample of WSA here: http://www.rationalmagic.com/Strings/Strings.html. The full version is available as both a paperback and in Kindle format.

Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:13 AM   #13
johncharles
Nowhere Man

Thanks, for the link.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:11 PM   #14
infogal
Little Child

Yes thank you for the link! I am truly glad to hear that you are still writing Fantasy & Sci-Fi. Your work is inspiring and very well written. See you around on the sci-fi side!
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:14 PM   #15
larainefan
Little Child

http://eleanorrigby-66.livejournal.com/2025.html

I hope that link works, my favorite story was Dark Horse, I wish Eleanor would come back to the community and write again. This is the story of George and Paul as orphans, who meet up with saviours John and Richard, it's a love story at the end. Also, Ria (Rainydaymare) wrote an excellent story called Inmate where George is in an institution and John is his doctor, but she has since deleted everything, a shame, because she wrote so poetically.
larainefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 07:59 PM   #16
infogal
Little Child

Dark Horse is her most popular work, because everyone likes that work especially. Yeah she is missed, and while I understand her reasons for getting away, I hope she'll return because she is good. I never thought her stuff was mere angst, but as you said; very poetic.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:17 AM   #17
johncharles
Nowhere Man

Quote:
but she has since deleted everything, a shame, because she wrote so poetically.
That's a shame she deleted her work.