BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Closed Thread

Old Mar 14, 2005, 02:54 PM   #21
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinluv182
Susan, why such negativity towards Heather? As a mother I would think that you would back up what seems to be her opinion that motherhood can be a thankless job at times. The article doesn't note how much she loves motherhood, but it does note how much she loves her child, and isn't it more important for her to love her child rather than the idea of motherhood, anyways? And there's really no point in being bitter towards celebrities for having the money to afford nannies. I have seen plenty of pictures of Paul and Heather with Bea, and it looks to me like they are very hands on parents.

If it's true that Heather is pregnant, I wish them nothing but the best. I think they are excellent parents, and here's to a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
I'll tell you "why such negativity towards Heather." Because I honestly do not for one second believe that SHE is doing any "raising" of that baby. *I* am a hands-on mother. I gave up my job to raise my son, though we could ill afford it. Motherhood is just a thankless job to those of us who RAISE OUR OWN CHILDREN. I have absolutely NO ONE to leave my child with if I get sick or have to go someplace or need time for myself or to be alone with my husband -- we don't have a nanny, we don't have grandparents that are constantly available, we can't afford babysitters -- it all falls on ME while my husband works 12-14 hour days, unlike Heather, who can get all the help she wants whenever she wants it if baby becomes too much for her. Oh, and by the way -- I DO love motherhood...as well as my child.

Those pictures of Paul and Heather with Bea are all very carefully planned, don't think it's indicative of the way "life with the Maccas" is every single day. Those are photo ops...who do you think that kid is with when Paul's in the studio or on tour and Heather's working at her charitable causes? Certainly not with either of them. And if they both work as much as they seem to and say they do, all those pictures that make you think they're so "hands on" are just a drop in the bucket of time they could spend with that child.

I am not bitter that she has a nanny, I think that's great, but I wish she'd just come clean and be honest that she might not doing all the raising. Do you honestly think she changed poopy diapers or got up for 2 AM feedings? I sincerely doubt it, if the nanny was available to do it for her, or if she could make Paul get out of bed first.

I wish them all the best and hope they have a healthy child, that is all anyone can hope for. But I will not take back my opinion that this woman is full of crap about how much she loves being a mother when she actually SAYS that "work seems like a holiday" compared to raising her own kid. Because I'll tell you one thing -- I wouldn't trade TEN of the best jobs in the world for ONE SECOND of being with my son!

More power to her if she'd rather spend time at "work." (As if motherhood ISN'T!!)

I knew I shouldn't have said anything, because EVERY SINGLE TIME I (or anyone else) says something about how much they don't like Heather, we get told off. Well, Erin, you've said often and virulently how much you don't like Yoko, so I guess we're even now.
"And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in all the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual." - John Steinbeck

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." - Anais Nin

Last edited by HMVNipper : Mar 14, 2005 at 03:14 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 03:15 PM   #22
beatlelover45223

Lightbulb

I do wish them a healthy baby, but I am kind of in Susan's corner on this, I wish I thought it was the true love that Paul & Linda had, but I highly doubt that was Heather Mills intent, I think she was a heat seeking McCartney missle, she got to Paul at perhaps his most vulnerable time of life, that is my perception from what I read.

~ Nancy ~
Old Mar 14, 2005, 03:32 PM   #23
matt5
Old Brown Shoe

Congratulations to Paul and Heather

make a country dream come true
Old Mar 14, 2005, 04:36 PM   #24
hrddysnt47
Nowhere Man

Send a message via AIM to hrddysnt47

amen susan.

http://flaming-pie.net

http://allisonart.org

reporter: what's your ambition?
barry wom: i'd like to be a hairdresser. or two. i'd like to be two hairdressers.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 04:55 PM   #25
MaccaGirl2891
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via MSN to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via Yahoo to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via Skype™ to MaccaGirl2891

CONGRATS!!!!! YAY!!!!
George Harrison - 2/25/1943--11/29/2001
Michael Joseph Jackson - 8/29/1958--6/25/2009
Old Mar 14, 2005, 05:20 PM   #26
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Congratulations and that is wonderful news.

Susan raised valid points.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
Old Mar 14, 2005, 05:28 PM   #27
erinluv182
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to erinluv182

Ok, Susan.... there is no need to go off on me. I think people are reading far too much into this little article. And I don't have kids, but I know plenty of mothers who work and mothers who also stay at home with their kids (including my mom who stayed home to raise me). I have great respect for both of these types of mothers because neither one is an easy job. I feel Heather was saying what any first time mother experiences, which is the incredible exhaustion that comes with being the mom of a baby. Just last week one of my coworkers, Ericka, who has a newborn came into work talking about crying the night before because her daughter wouldn't go to sleep and Ericka was sooo tired and frustrated that she cried. Motherhood is hard, and I suspect that it is hard for Heather as well. Yes, she does have nannies to help her out, but I don't think it's fair to make huge assumptions about what Heather does and doesn't do, especially based on not so credible sources like tabloids, where most of this negative stuff seems to come from. I highly doubt that you would appreciate someone you don't even know criticizing how you raise your child, so why criticize Heather when all you have is a smattering of information on how she is raising Bea? And another thing, I have huge doubts about Paul wanting to raise Bea in a way so totally different from how he has raised his other children. And I doubt this because it is so ingrained in him. Look at the pictures and footage of Paul with Julian. The guy loves kids.

Once you go Macca, you never go bacca.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 05:34 PM   #28
Hari's Chick

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMVNipper
But I will not take back my opinion that this woman is full of crap about how much she loves being a mother when she actually SAYS that "work seems like a holiday" compared to raising her own kid. Because I'll tell you one thing -- I wouldn't trade TEN of the best jobs in the world for ONE SECOND of being with my son!

I think I know how she mean it, maybe. I feel the same in that... "work" (meaning here a job one gets paid for) does seem like a holiday in some respects compared to raising a child. When you are changing diapers, soothing babies, and teaching them important little things they need to know... you are enmeshed. It is out of love a mother becomes enmeshed? But still, for "working Moms" (you know how I mean that) I suspect it would be a break in the action to go to where the worst you can be is fired, lol. Jobs mostly are reward/punishment theory ... we do a good job to be rewarded, not because we actually CARE that our job function is done to 100% each day. (workaholics excluded) But in Motherhood, we CARE that we do everything just so because we WANT everything EXACTLY to our liking and expectations.

I don't know...I thought it was cool Paul and Linda neveer had a Nanny (I read that, is that true?), but now...George and Olivia DID. I know they adore Dhani, so... ?? Are all people with Nannies 'ditching their kids'? I don't think so.

Life is all about balance I think and some people can balance within the framework of "I am with my kids every day, all day" and others would want more outside life, some Moms I know have said they'd go crazy being at home all the time with the kids. I think so long as the Nanny is *loving* and *well monitored* then there is nothing wrong with working outside the home for whatever reason?

Just thoughts, I am not telling off the Heather "disagreers", everyone has their own opinions...

I think it is cool if Heather is pregnant, though. The more little Paul's the BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on you cute Beatle, more more more!!!!! hahahaha Paul is SUCH a neat Dad....
Old Mar 14, 2005, 05:34 PM   #29
pepperland67
Dr. Robert

Quote:
I'll tell you "why such negativity towards Heather." Because I honestly do not for one second believe that SHE is doing any "raising" of that baby. *I* am a hands-on mother. I gave up my job to raise my son, though we could ill afford it. Motherhood is just a thankless job to those of us who RAISE OUR OWN CHILDREN. I have absolutely NO ONE to leave my child with if I get sick or have to go someplace or need time for myself or to be alone with my husband -- we don't have a nanny, we don't have grandparents that are constantly available, we can't afford babysitters -- it all falls on ME while my husband works 12-14 hour days, unlike Heather, who can get all the help she wants whenever she wants it if baby becomes too much for her. Oh, and by the way -- I DO love motherhood...as well as my child.

Those pictures of Paul and Heather with Bea are all very carefully planned, don't think it's indicative of the way "life with the Maccas" is every single day. Those are photo ops...who do you think that kid is with when Paul's in the studio or on tour and Heather's working at her charitable causes? Certainly not with either of them. And if they both work as much as they seem to and say they do, all those pictures that make you think they're so "hands on" are just a drop in the bucket of time they could spend with that child.

I am not bitter that she has a nanny, I think that's great, but I wish she'd just come clean and be honest that she might not doing all the raising. Do you honestly think she changed poopy diapers or got up for 2 AM feedings? I sincerely doubt it, if the nanny was available to do it for her, or if she could make Paul get out of bed first.

I wish them all the best and hope they have a healthy child, that is all anyone can hope for. But I will not take back my opinion that this woman is full of crap about how much she loves being a mother when she actually SAYS that "work seems like a holiday" compared to raising her own kid. Because I'll tell you one thing -- I wouldn't trade TEN of the best jobs in the world for ONE SECOND of being with my son!

More power to her if she'd rather spend time at "work." (As if motherhood ISN'T!!)

I knew I shouldn't have said anything, because EVERY SINGLE TIME I (or anyone else) says something about how much they don't like Heather, we get told off. Well, Erin, you've said often and virulently how much you don't like Yoko, so I guess we're even now.
Susan, I think you have a lot of negativity towards a lot of people on this forum. I've noticed that a lot of times you jump on people right away, when they haven't done anything to you. I just don't understand why you find it necessary to blast everyone with a different opinion from yours. And as far as typing in all caps goes, I seem to remember a time when you warned people not to do that b/c it meant that you were shouting at them. Oh, and I liked your little comment about how every time we see a picture of Paul and Heather, it's obviously a planned moment and not random. So, does that mean that they planned the whole set-up with Heather telling off the reporter? yes! what a great "photo-op" that was! I've held back about saying anything about your posts for a long time, but it's gotten to the point where I think that someone needs to speak up.

"Sometimes the things that you liked the best and that have meant the most to you are the things that meant nothing at all to you when you first heard or saw them." - Bob Dylan
Old Mar 14, 2005, 05:37 PM   #30
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legs
Let's hope she's pregnant then, otherwise I am Heather.
HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Old Mar 14, 2005, 05:38 PM   #31
Hari's Chick

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyRoad69
A Little Bet

Which day in September is their child probably born?
A) 12
B) 13
C) 24
24th! It will be a Libra like John!
Old Mar 14, 2005, 05:43 PM   #32
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

Quote:
I knew I shouldn't have said anything, because EVERY SINGLE TIME I (or anyone else) says something about how much they don't like Heather, we get told off.
Susan, you raised some good points to think about, but I'm still sticking pretty adamantly to another opinion. It kind of seems that every time any sort of topic is opened about Heather, there are always comments made where people have to bring up all of her negative characteristics. (I don't mean just what you have to say, btw.) I understand that she's not perfect, but I don't see why that's a reason for people to constantly attack her and criticize her for one thing for another, especially when the topic was opened about some good news for the couple.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 06:06 PM   #33
NaomiMcCartney
Paperback Writer

Send a message via Yahoo to NaomiMcCartney

I think nobody should get all hot headed when it comes to good news. Even if you don't seem to like Heather or agree on how she raises her daughter, she has a right to decide what's best for her daughter. And like Erin said you shouldn't go by what the tabloids say, most of what they say isn't true anyway. I find it hard to judge someone unless I actually know them.

Last edited by NaomiMcCartney : Mar 14, 2005 at 06:07 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 06:31 PM   #34
Lynner

All - remember, we don't even know if this is true or not!
If anyone wants to start a thread on what kind of mother (and I picked that term on purpose ) they feel Heather is, go right ahead.
This topic is about a report that Heather is pregnant. IF you're happy about it - cool - post that. If you think it sucks - post that, too. If you don't like the way a member states his/her opinion, please pm them about it. Anyone who receives said pm, please respond. Anyone who wants to pm me - I'm all ears.

As for the topic - hey, what they do is their business. Me? I'm tickled when anyone that wants to have a baby and can take care of one (either alone or with help) has one. So, if the rumors are true - yay for them. Hope it's healthy!

Last edited by Lynner : Mar 15, 2005 at 03:35 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 08:55 PM   #35
Savoy Truffle
Paperback Writer

Quote:
You'd look funny pregnant, Legs!
And not to mention that you'd make medical history too!
Old Mar 15, 2005, 12:09 AM   #36
AnyRoad69
Banned

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/radar/...name_page.html

from the Sunday Mirror
Old Mar 15, 2005, 02:46 AM   #37
HMVNipper
Sun King

Okay, this is all I am going to say further here.

Sorry if you feel I "went off" on you, Erin, but honestly...how come it's okay to criticize Yoko nastily but not say a single word about Heather not being a saint? However, I do apologize if you feel I was being rude to you personally, because I most certainly was not, I was just answering your question that you posed directly to me about why I said what I did. I am sorry if I came on strongly, but I have some very strong opinions about Heather, clearly unpopular ones with some people.

And Amanda, no, I do not have "negativity towards a lot of people on these forums." I know that Erin is your friend, and I do not blame you for standing up for her, that is very kind of you. But I was simply pointing out my opinion, and also that Erin has gone off on Yoko many times without challenge.

As for using caps, I don't type entire posts in caps, because THAT is shouting. Typing occasional words in caps is emphasis, e.g., like using italics., but is less trouble than typing in the italics command.

I never said I didn't wish Paul and Heather a healthy child and good luck. I still do. And now I will just have to remember never to say anything at all about them ever again, because I'm so "negative," apparently. More power to them, and to those who worship them, I'm not discussing this further. When their child is born, I'll offer congratulations.
"And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in all the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual." - John Steinbeck

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." - Anais Nin

Last edited by HMVNipper : Mar 15, 2005 at 03:06 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 02:53 AM   #38
HMVNipper
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynner
All - remember, we don't even know if this is true or not!
If anyone wants to start a thread on what kind of mother (and I picked that term on purpose ) they feel Heather is, go right ahead.
This topic is about a report that Heather is pregnant. IF you're happy about it - cool - post that. If you think it sucks - post that, too. If you don't like the way a member states his/her opinion, please pm them about it. Anyone who receives said pm, please respond. Anyone who wants to pm me - I'm all ears.

Lynn, I felt a public apology to Erin was necessary as well as an explanation, hence the post above. In future, this will be taken care of in PM.

Old Mar 15, 2005, 03:46 AM   #39
Lynner

Thanks, Susan!
Old Mar 15, 2005, 05:45 AM   #40
Feef_The_Hippy
Rocky Raccoon

Send a message via AIM to Feef_The_Hippy Send a message via MSN to Feef_The_Hippy

I refuse to be negative or positive towards Heather as I do not know her personally, I don't know how she runs her life behind closed doors so I feel it is unfair to judge her or anybody in a similar position.

However, should the rumor be true and Heather is pregnant again, then I said good luck and congratulations.

The groovy Ringo Starr on his fellow Beatle and friend, the late great, George Harrison
Closed Thread