BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Paperback Writer

Old Jul 02, 2001, 09:04 PM   #1
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964
Default Beatle Parodies

We all remember laughing at the 1965 Flinstones' parody of the Beatles ("She Said Yeah, Yeah, Yeah" by the 4 Insects) and many of us can think of other Beatle parodies in 60s culture. Gilligan's Island had a spurious knock off of the Beatles and even those silly Castaway Girls got into the spirit of the times (1965) with their rock debut as the "Honeybees." In the early episodes of "Three's Company," John Ritter's character Jack has a really cool Beatle poster on his bedroom wall.

I wonder what current Beatle parodies crop up on TV today...maybe the South Park gang play "ookymouth" with a Beatle of their choice, perhaps? (I confess, I never liked "South Park" and only caught that episode at someone's house because the host is an avid follower).

Malcolm in the Middle (a good show) might attend a school Beatle party, you know, a cultural awareness thing. Maybe the Friends gang hosts a Beatle themed party and somebody does a song parody or better still, a good rendition of a song we all love?

It just goes to show you what a far reaching and permanent influence the Beatles had on just about EVERYTHING.

Ain't that great?

------------------
Then we will remember things we said today. Yeah.
-- Beatles, 1964

BB1964

[This Message Has Been Edited By beatlebangs1964 On July 02, 2001 10:07 PM]
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 03, 2001, 05:30 AM   #2
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper
Default Re: Beatle Parodies

The Simpsons is FULL of Beatle references...there's even a site that lists them, but I don't know the URL offhand. I'll try to find it and post it later...but they make reference to the Beatles in nearly every episode!

Also, did anyone see the Powerpuff Girls episode called "Meet the Beat-Alls?" Hysterical -- full of references and song titles and other funny stuff!

I'm sure there are many other programs...and BTW, Beatlebangs, I remember that cool Beatles poster on Jack's wall in "Three's Company!" Made me feel better 'cause I had the same one on MY wall!

------------------
Rooftop Sessions - The Finest In Beatles-Related Fiction. July 2001 Issue up now! About.com BEST OF THE NET, April 2001! www.rooftopsessions.com
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 03, 2001, 05:39 AM   #3
ImaginePeace78
Dr. Robert

Send a message via AIM to ImaginePeace78 Send a message via Yahoo to ImaginePeace78

I hate to admit this, but I used to watch "Full House" when it was still on the air. They had a few Beatles references in some episodes. I don't watch the show now. Yep, the Simpsons has a ton of them, the writers must be Beatles fans. I love that show. I remember watching AMC one day and they had a movie on from 1965 called "the Girls at the Beach". The plot was was that the Beatles were supposed to show up, but didn't so an all-girl group somewhat parodying the Beatles did. They performed and then, I think, the Beach Boys showed up. I haven't seen the movie in a long time. I might've gotten it mixed up with something else...
All You Need Is Love,
Kristi

------------------
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one..." ~John Lennon

Kristi's Writing Desk
ImaginePeace78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 03, 2001, 02:41 PM   #4
MaccaGirl
Taxman

The show on WB Kids, Historia! is full of Beatle references/parodies. The last one I saw had a part where they were talking about Rosa Parks and the Alabama bus boycott and they were singing a song on the bus about moving back. Then there was a little Oriental girl next to a taller Caucasian guitar player who was playing feedback. The song stopped for a moment and the girl stopped wailing and said, "When I grow up I'm going to be a singer and change my name to Yoko Ono", then she contiued wailing.
In the same episode, they had moved on to talking about the American Revolution and the tune Revelution was playing very softly in the background and they had George Washington, Paul Revere and John Adams standing next to each other while Pepper (a hyper red haired girl that is also an autograph hound) runs up and says, "Hey you're not the Beatles! Where's Ringo?!?!"
I've always seen at *least* 2-3 Beatle references in each show and they always make me giggle so I suggest watching it if you want a laugh.
Cheers!

------------------
It Takes one to know one ~Linda McCartney
Listen to her daddy's song, making love is wrong~ Back Seat of My Car
Venus and Mars are alright tonight!!!
MaccaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 03, 2001, 04:24 PM   #5
HMVNipper
Sun King

There was also a whole episode of Animaniacs that was a parody of "AHDN." Story consisted of Yacko, Wakko and Dot running from their fans at an Animation Convention...the opening scene was EXACTLY like the opening of AHDN, it was a scream!

And the episode of Pinky and the Brain where they run into a group that is obviously supposed to be the Beatles at the ashram of a meditation teacher...along with Frank Sinatra and Mia Farrow, and the consort of one of the "Beatles," one Yoyo Nono!

I'm still looking for that Simpsons web address...but I betcha I can come up with more stuff I've seen...

------------------
Rooftop Sessions - The Finest In Beatles-Related Fiction. July 2001 Issue up now! About.com BEST OF THE NET, April 2001! www.rooftopsessions.com
Old Jul 03, 2001, 09:38 PM   #6
bearkat77
Administrator

To me, the best parody ever was the Rutles. Eric Idle, of Monty Python fame, was the brains behind this masterpiece.

And another funny one was the ad for Cartoon Network not that long ago. Several characters were running from their fans the way the Beatles did in AHDN.

------------------

Bearkat77's Beatlemaniac Page
Bearkat77's Tribute to John Lennon
Bearkat77's Tribute to Ringo Starr
bearkat77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2001, 04:35 AM   #7
MaccaGirl
Taxman

Another Beatle parody is found in "My Date With The President's Daughter", a movie on the Disney channel. Will Fridel and someone are in this botique and she (the president's daughter) persuades him to buy this jacket that resembles one that John wore. She tells him that it looks great and his response is - "Yeah, if I was dating someone named Yoko."
For some reason Yoko seems to be the subject of all the parodies/references, well almost all.

------------------
Listen to her daddy's song, making love is wrong~ Back Seat of My Car
Old Jul 04, 2001, 01:19 PM   #8
darkhorse
Sun King

HMVNipper, click here and you will find a page, which is, I'm sure, the one you're looking for. It's great!

I also loved that Pinky & The Brain episode!

------------------
"You know the more it changes,
The more it stays the same"
darkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2001, 06:51 PM   #9
HMVNipper
Sun King

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By darkhorse:
HMVNipper, click here and you will find a page, which is, I'm sure, the one you're looking for. It's great!

I also loved that Pinky & The Brain episode!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you, thank you, Darkhorse...you're a gem!

------------------
Old Jul 05, 2001, 06:11 AM   #10
beatlebangs1964

yeah, thanks!

------------------
-- Beatles, 1964

BB1964
Old Jul 05, 2001, 01:19 PM   #11
darkhorse
Sun King

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By HMVNipper:
Thank you, thank you, Darkhorse...you're a gem! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're welcome.

------------------
"You know the more it changes,
The more it stays the same"
darkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2001, 12:27 PM   #12
beatlebangs1964

Ringo and George were guest stars on two separate episodes of the Simpsons.

My favorite episode was Marge and her crush on Ringo. That was so cool.

------------------
-- Beatles, 1964

BB1964
Old Jul 08, 2001, 02:24 PM   #13
jtal909
Sun King

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By beatlebangs1964:
Ringo and George were guest stars on two separate episodes of the Simpsons.

My favorite episode was Marge and her crush on Ringo. That was so cool.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paul and Linda were also in an episode about vegeterianism if I remember correctly.

------------------
"We're just a band. First Paul joined, then George joined, and then Ringo joined!"
jtal909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2001, 12:26 AM   #14
MaccaGirl
Taxman

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By jtal909:
Paul and Linda were also in an episode about vegeterianism if I remember correctly.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, on the condition that Lisa, stayed veggie.

------------------
~"She's a baby in the morning time when the sleep is in her eyes."