BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Abbey Road

Old Nov 02, 2001, 02:22 AM   #1
McCharlenstar
Dr. Robert

Default DO YOU belong to a Fab4 Club?

A little SURVEY,please. Do you belong to a Beatles Fan Club? If so,which one and where is it located? If not,have you ever thought about joining one? Thank you in advance all you cool"BEATLELINKERS"!!!

------------------

I belong to "Beatle Fans Unite" in Illinois.
[This Message Has Been Edited By McCharlenstar On November 02, 2001 03:23 AM]

[This Message Has Been Edited By McCharlenstar On November 02, 2001 03:25 AM]

[This Message Has Been Edited By McCharlenstar On November 05, 2001 02:22 AM]
McCharlenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 02, 2001, 06:34 AM   #2
Harb83
Co-Admin Geezer

Default Re: DO YOU belong to a Fab4 Club?

I don't, but I'd like to.

------------------
Paul is Dead - The Conclusive Evidence
The Definitive Introducing the Beatles Authentification Guide
Harb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 02, 2001, 08:44 AM   #3
darkhorse
Sun King

Ditto.

------------------
"Their eyes can't hope to see the beauty that surrounds them" ~
George Harrison, 1970
darkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 02, 2001, 10:19 AM   #4
Beatleboy
Wild Honey Pie

Send a message via AIM to Beatleboy Send a message via MSN to Beatleboy

I don't belong to any fan club, but maybe one of these days, I'll join one.

------------------
"Turn off your mind. Relax and float downstream."
-The Beatles, 1966
Beatleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 02, 2001, 12:20 PM   #5
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

I don't know that fan clubs are as important as they used to be because of things like Internet news groups, e-mail lists and discussion forums like this one. I used to belong to a number of fanzines, but now by the time you get/read their publications, the information isn't timely anymore. And I think I feel more of a sense of community with other fans in a forum like this where the responses are more immediate.

I guess that's the longwinded answer to your question!

------------------
Hey, don't you know that I'm....always going back in time....
Rellevart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 02, 2001, 11:11 PM   #6
**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By darkhorse:
Ditto.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto ditto.

------------------
"If not for you my sky would fall, rain would gather too
Without your love I'd be nowhere at all, I'd be lost if not for you"
Old Nov 03, 2001, 04:20 PM   #7
alliesun
Bulldog

i've never been a member of a fan club. i agree with rell's point though - i don't really feel like i need one when i have access to things like this forum.

------------------
alliesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2001, 06:33 PM   #8
Lynner

Not now I'm not. I used to belong to Paul's Fun Club for a while. It was a good club.

------------------
Lynner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2001, 09:35 PM   #9
bearkat77
Administrator

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By Rellevart:
I don't know that fan clubs are as important as they used to be because of things like Internet news groups, e-mail lists and discussion forums like this one. I used to belong to a number of fanzines, but now by the time you get/read their publications, the information isn't timely anymore. And I think I feel more of a sense of community with other fans in a forum like this where the responses are more immediate.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you on this, Rell. Why don't we start our own fan club?

------------------

Bearkat77's Beatlemaniac Page
Bearkat77's Tribute to John Lennon
Bearkat77's Tribute to Ringo Starr
bearkat77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2001, 10:55 PM   #10
McCharlenstar
Dr. Robert

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By Rellevart:
I don't know that fan clubs are as important as they used to be because of things like Internet news groups, e-mail lists and discussion forums like this one. I used to belong to a number of fanzines, but now by the time you get/read their publications, the information isn't timely anymore. And I think I feel more of a sense of community with other fans in a forum like this where the responses are more immediate.

I guess that's the longwinded answer to your question!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point. I really enjoy the club that I'm in,the only problem is that it is too far away to be active on a local basis. The publications are FANtastic and you will NEVER meet a BIGGER Beatles fan than the Lady that runs this Club. For $14.00 bucks a year, you can't beat it!!! They started this Club almost 10 years ago thinking "Who would be interested"? and now they have members all over the World!!

------------------

[This Message Has Been Edited By McCharlenstar On November 03, 2001 11:56 PM]
Old Nov 03, 2001, 11:05 PM   #11
McCharlenstar
Dr. Robert

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By Harbidge:
I don't, but I'd like to.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are interested,check this out!
www.skyboom.com/beatlesfansunite

I think that you will enjoy the Show!!!

------------------
Old Nov 03, 2001, 11:09 PM   #12
McCharlenstar
Dr. Robert

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By bearkat77:
I agree with you on this, Rell. Why don't we start our own fan club?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

INTERESTING idea with possibilities.

------------------
Old Nov 03, 2001, 11:13 PM   #13
McCharlenstar
Dr. Robert

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By alliesun:
i've never been a member of a fan club. i agree with rell's point though - i don't really feel like i need one when i have access to things like this forum.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It might be a cool "Addition" to your Beatles activities, while not replacing the internet forums.(?)

------------------
Old Nov 03, 2001, 11:16 PM   #14
joe
Taxman

i was a member in the St. Louis Beatle Fan Club for a few years, but never could go to any of their functions.

------------------
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 04, 2001, 01:38 AM   #15
FPSHOT
Sun King

I am a member of the Dutch Beatles Fanclub "Beatles Unlimited" a fanclub since November 1963 with members from all over the world.

They have annual events where "Beatles People" come, like former band members of Wings, Beatles wives, producers etc. to speak and where auctions take place and the usual trading markets and tribute bands.

They also organize Liverpool trips for the annual Beatles week.

They issue 6 magazines per year, about 60 pages each, with news, articles, bootleg info, books/CD's review.

Their website is at http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/beatlunl/hoofd.htm

------------------
Been close to the edge, hanging by my fingernails
I've rolled and I've tumbled through the roses and the thorns
And I couldn't see the sign that warned me -
Nelson Wilbury
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 04, 2001, 03:21 AM   #16
Wogew
Fool On The Hill

I am a member of the Norwegian Beatles fanclub "Norwegian Wood" (website: http://www.norwegianwood.org ) and I am really glad I am.
Point 1: Reading major reference articles is far easier on paper than on a screen.
Point 2. With issue no. 1 this year, all paying members were sent an official promo CD with a Lennon interview.
Point 3. We are also presented with a membership pin, if we wear these, we get in touch with each other when we see other people wearing one.
Point 4. Whenever a Beatle is holding a concert in our vicinity, the fanclub will try to obtain tickets to be sold to members. Lots of members have been saved by this, as solo Beatle concerts are quick sellouts. The fanclub provided tickets to their members when Paul was here in 1989 and 1993, and to Ringo's concert in Gothenburg, Sweden in 1992, as well as arranging a trip to go and see Paul's concert in Frankfurt in 1993.
Point 5. When Yellow Submarine was re-released in 1999, the fanclub was invited to a cinema in Oslo, where they could watch the movie edition of the film. All members got in to see the movie free of charge.
Point 6. This year, EMI has invited the fanclub to stage a "listening night" in several cities in Norway to listen to the new Paul album "Driving Rain" weeks in advance of the release. I attended one such event, and they were showing live footage of Paul in the studio alongside the music.
Point 7. United makes stronger. The fanclub has obtained special discount prices on Beatles related material for our members. Such items include books, calendars and videos.
Point 8. Re-reading older issues of the fanclub newspaper is a trip along memory lane. Add some music to that, and you have a pleasent evening at home!
Point 9. Every time a new issue of the fanclub newpaper hits the mailbox, is christmas eve!
Point 10. You may advertise in the newspaper and communicate and trade with other collectors, many of whom do not have an internet connection.
There are a zillion other points that can be made about why one should belong to a Beatles fanclub, too many to list here. What else can I say? Join a fanclub!!!

------------------
all the best
Wogew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 04, 2001, 06:48 AM   #17
alliesun
Bulldog

hmmm... very good points from many of the fine members of beatlelinks... i may have to re-think this whole fan club scene...

------------------
alliesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 04, 2001, 08:28 AM   #18
ImaginePeace78
Dr. Robert

Send a message via AIM to ImaginePeace78 Send a message via Yahoo to ImaginePeace78

I'm a part of a Beatles fan club called "Beatles Fans Unite" (it's from the Chicago Area). I also subscribe to a magazine called 'Beatlefan' and I'm think about subscribing to 'Daytrippin' magazine too.
-Kristi
P.S. Oh, I used to be a member of Paul's 'Fun Club' until it closed down.

------------------
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one..." ~John Lennon

Kristi's Writing Desk
ImaginePeace78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 04, 2001, 06:59 PM   #19
Beatleicious
Taxman

I've never been a part of a fan club... but it sounds like fun.

------------------

my site: http://kstarz.4mg.com/
Beatleicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 04, 2001, 09:16 PM   #20
McCharlenstar
Dr. Robert

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By Wogew:
I am a member of the Norwegian Beatles fanclub "Norwegian Wood" (website: http://www.norwegianwood.org ) and I am really glad I am.
Point 1: Reading major reference articles is far easier on paper than on a screen.
Point 2. With issue no. 1 this year, all paying members were sent an official promo CD with a Lennon interview.
Point 3. We are also presented with a membership pin, if we wear these, we get in touch with each other when we see other people wearing one.
Point 4. Whenever a Beatle is holding a concert in our vicinity, the fanclub will try to obtain tickets to be sold to members. Lots of members have been saved by this, as solo Beatle concerts are quick sellouts. The fanclub provided tickets to their members when Paul was here in 1989 and 1993, and to Ringo's concert in Gothenburg, Sweden in 1992, as well as arranging a trip to go and see Paul's concert in Frankfurt in 1993.
Point 5. When Yellow Submarine was re-released in 1999, the fanclub was invited to a cinema in Oslo, where they could watch the movie edition of the film. All members got in to see the movie free of charge.
Point 6. This year, EMI has invited the fanclub to stage a "listening night" in several cities in Norway to listen to the new Paul album "Driving Rain" weeks in advance of the release. I attended one such event, and they were showing live footage of Paul in the studio alongside the music.
Point 7. United makes stronger. The fanclub has obtained special discount prices on Beatles related material for our members. Such items include books, calendars and videos.
Point 8. Re-reading older issues of the fanclub newspaper is a trip along memory lane. Add some music to that, and you have a pleasent evening at home!
Point 9. Every time a new issue of the fanclub newpaper hits the mailbox, is christmas eve!
Point 10. You may advertise in the newspaper and communicate and trade with other collectors, many of whom do not have an internet connection.
There are a zillion other points that can be made about why one should belong to a Beatles fanclub, too many to list here. What else can I say? Join a fanclub!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WELCOME WOGEN!!THANKS FOR YOUR POST!! Lots of good info.

------------------