BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Old Mar 17, 2008, 06:16 AM   #1
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy
Exclamation It's over - Paul & Heather are divorced

...I thought it might be appropriate to post this on a thread of it's own.

IT IS ALL OVER!

Mills awarded 24.3m settlement

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7300931.stm

Heather Mills has been awarded 24.3m in her divorce settlement with estranged husband

Speaking outside London's High Court, Ms Mills said she was "glad it's over" and "it was an incredible result to secure mine and my daughter's future".

As part of the deal, Ms Mills will receive 14 million for herself and 2.5 million to buy a house in London.

The couple failed to reach an agreement in court last month, leaving the judge to determine the final figure.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 06:37 AM   #2
Lucy

Another article...

Heather Mills launches astonishing court rant after winning 24.3m divorce payout

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...e_id=1773&ct=5

Heather Mills launched an astonishing tirade on the steps of the High Court today as she emerged triumphant after securing a multi-million pound pay day.

The former model took the opportunity to round on Sir Paul McCartney, the judge, the media and her many critics.

While Sir Paul McCartney initially offered 15.8 million, Miss Mills eventually reached a settlement of 24.3 million in the divorce deal.

The lump sum of 16.5 million is made up of a sum of 14 million as the capitalised figure for her income needs, which the judge assessed as 600,000 per annum, and a sum of 2.5 million for her to buy a property in London.

Financial provision for Beatrice is 35,000 per year, with Sir Paul agreeing to pay for her nanny and her school fees.

Heather Mills launched an astonishing tirade after securing 24.3 million in London today

Surrounded by a throng of reporters she said that the settlement secured her own future and that of her and Sir Paul's daughter Beatrice - as well as her charities.

Describing herself as a "campaigning girl" she called on people to represent themselves in court but urged couples to do their best to resolve their problems immediately.

She said: "I'm so glad it's over, it was an incredible result in the end to secure mine and my daughter's future and that of all the charities that I obviously plan on helping and making a difference with - because you know it has been my life for 20 years.

The former model addressed the media on the steps of London's High Court today
"Obviously the court do not want a litigant in person to do well, it's against everything that they ever wish, so when they write the judgment up they're never going to make it look in favour.

"But all of you that have researched know that it was always going to be a figure between 20 and 30 million, Paul was offering a lot less than that, which you'll see in the judgment, and very much last minute to put me and Beatrice sadly through this ... incredibly sad."

Miss Mills insisted her parting from her own lawyers Mishcon de Reya had been amicable but said the firm wanted to charge her an extra 600,000 to do the trial, "which could easily go to charity".

But she lashed out at Sir Paul's legal representative Fiona Shackleton, who she said had "handled this in the worst manner you could ever, ever imagine".

Scroll down for more...

Sir Paul McCartney simply said 'thank-you' as he left the court this afternoon
Miss Mills claimed: "She has called me many, many names before even meeting me when I was in a wheelchair."

Urging others to follow her example and represent themselves, she cited "the power of one" and insisted "the Law Courts do not want me to say this".

"I really hope me and my daughter are able to have a normal life now."

"I wanted the judgement to be kept private. Paul wants it to be made public, he's always wanted it to be made public."

"Paul wanted Beatrice to go to state school. He's got what he wanted."

The rant continued: "What the judge has also said is that Paul is only worth 400 million. Everyone know that he has been worth 800 million for the past 15 years."

"Paul has always wanted it public because he wants to look like generous Sir Paul."

When asked whether Paul has been cruel, she said: "I can't say that for the sake of my daughter, but my sister does."

"I just want to thank everybody especially my sister for being so supportive for me."

Sir Paul left the court quickly, saying simply "thank-you" as he waved to the cameras.

The judge found that the total value of all the husband's assets, including his business assets, was about 400 million.

There was no evidence at all before him that he was worth 800 million.

The judge found that although the parties met in 1999 and formed a relationship, the parties did not cohabit from March 2000, but did so from the date of the marriage (June 11, 2002).

The parties separated in April 2006. The length of the marriage was just under four years.

The judge refused to permit either party to raise as an issue the alleged conduct of the other on the broad ground that it was irrelevant.

Showdown: Sir Paul McCartney arrives for his high court showdown, as does estranged wife Heather Mills, at the High Court, in London today
The judge, in undertaking the exercise prescribed by Section 25 of the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973, decided that the needs of the wife were a factor of magnetic importance.

Earlier, Sir Paul arrived at court 34 at 10.15am and was followed shortly by Miss Mills. He was wearing a dark grey overcoat and she wore a grey, blue and green three-piece suit and blouse.

Ms Mills swept past massed ranks of media photographers and cameramen in a black limo, accompanied by four advisers.

Judgement day: McCartney with high-powered lawyer Fiona Shackleton who has been in charge of the protracted and tense settlement negotiations
In a sharply-tailored brown and blue trouser suit with a bright red shirt, she strode purposefully into the building with her blonde hair flying.

Ahead of the settlement agreement, Heather has apparently backed down and agreed to stop her public attacks on Sir Paul.

She has stripped her website of a short film of the paparazzi 'hounding her', removed pictures of the couple together and taken down her blog.

Only a link remains to the website with a notice saying "website coming soon".

The warring couple spent six days in court last month in an acrimonious battle to decide the slice Miss Mills should have of the former Beatle's purported 825 million fortune after four years of marriage.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 06:47 AM   #3
Jerry
Webmaster Of BeatleLinks

Send a message via AIM to Jerry

Incredible. I feel like throwing my computer across the room. But in an attempt to be civilized, I'm going to stay silent on this one.

But everybody, let's try to handle this nice and easy, there's no need to state the obvious and start the bashing all over again.

Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2008, 07:03 AM   #4
Lucy

Why did she have to go and say all that stuff? Why not just walk away?
Old Mar 17, 2008, 07:09 AM   #5
Jerry
Webmaster Of BeatleLinks

Send a message via AIM to Jerry

Yes, exactly. I guess she wants to get in the last word as they say. But time will be the cure here. Paul will remain one of the most admired men in the entire world, for the rest of his life, and well well beyond. But who will care about Heather even a few days from now?

Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2008, 07:12 AM   #6
joenamherst
Dr. Robert

HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA ,HA,HA,POOP, OOPS!
Old Mar 17, 2008, 07:14 AM   #7
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

If what she says, that she wants a "normal life", is true, hopefully she'll take her money and go off somewhere and stay out of the limelight. However, somehow I doubt we've heard the last of her.

Unfortunately.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 07:26 AM   #8
Legs
Sun King

I'm glad for the both of them it's over. Wheter she gets more then she deserves or not isn't really important.

Hopefully Beatrice will spend lots of times with both her parents.
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2008, 08:15 AM   #9
Asha
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legs View Post
I'm glad for the both of them it's over. Wheter she gets more then she deserves or not isn't really important.

Hopefully Beatrice will spend lots of times with both her parents.
Well said, Legs!
Asha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2008, 08:32 AM   #10
Lucy

I just can't believe she had the nerve to ask for 125 million. Even if he had offered 25 million before all of this Court business, would she have accepted on the basis that she thought she would be up for an extra 100 million?

Ohh well, don't ask don't get I suppose!
Old Mar 17, 2008, 10:24 AM   #11
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
But who will care about Heather even a few days from now?
*raises hand*

Old Mar 17, 2008, 10:44 AM   #12
beatles fan
Sun King

Apprently I have heard that with this Itunes download thing, Paul shall get a large sum of money from it, but that means Heather could then return to the court and request more money!! I hope this isn't the case!!

"Hi i'm John Lennon and I play the guitar and sometimes I play the fool"- Live at the BBC

http://www.jpgr.co.uk/r6213_c.jpg
beatles fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2008, 01:11 AM   #14
hibgal
Sun King

From what I understand, the money in question were Paul's present capital worth as well as the money he made during their marriage. That is from June 2002 - April 2006. Any money resulting from the iTunes release would be made after the separation and although Heather could sue (Please don't! ) for more, she would have a difficult time justifying why she should be entitled to any of his present earnings.

Personally I feel, rant or no, that the woman should do herself AND Us a service and She must know, in fact, she herself says she does, that talking only make the situation worse, so why do it? Sure, she's entitled to her opinion but is it really smart to go public with it when her experience to date says emphatically NO?
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2008, 01:39 AM   #15
BadLittleKid
Paperback Writer

She'll be famous for just this. What a misery.

- Biggles
BadLittleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2008, 04:48 AM   #16
peacenyc2004
Apple Scruff

It was sad to see her have to have the last word in at her press conference and bash Paul again and again verbally to hordes of press members--and the statements about Beatrice flying business class or in coach as opposed to First Class as if doing so will be the worst sacrifice Heather Mills can imagine; tacky to the bitter end. And all for a less than 5-year "relationship" that she clearly knew was going to end this way from the start of it. Clinically narcissistic borderline personality. Does she not ever stop to remember her daughter will hear and read every single detail of this and about her statements on her Father? Does she seriously believe children don't pick up vibrations from their parents? Paul really paid a high price for this error in judgment and his rushing through his grieving process--and I hope he shall listen to his Children hereafter if embarking on a new relationship down the road as children often possess great insights (I hope he shall find true love again one day). Hopefully it is the last of hearing about the Embellishment Drama Queen and her "charity" work which has been a minimal part of her life for the past decade--hosting parties with one's famous husband is not exactly doing field work. Flying somewhere overnight for photo ops and leaving just as quickly is not really slogging it out in charity work. What she does in a year for charity, Brad Pitt and other do unassumedly or anonymously in one single day. Emphasis on the word "anonymously". Heather does it for outside validation and for attention--and that does not work well for charity work as we are seeing. Selfless is not exactly what springs to mind when I think of HMills. So sad, all of this. Well perhaps Bea will turn out to be a more enlightened version of her parents.
peacenyc2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2008, 06:58 AM   #17
Kelli
Day Tripper

I'm just so glad it's over. Maybe now Pauly can begin to move on.

Somehow, though, it seems like Heather will always be around.

Yay.

Last edited by Kelli : Mar 18, 2008 at 07:00 AM.
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2008, 07:45 AM   #18
hibgal
Sun King

Default The complete verdict

If you want to read the court ruling, all 58 pages, they're available online in pdf format at this link:

Case no FD06D03721
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2008, 08:48 AM   #19
Beatle Corinne
Wild Honey Pie

Good lord, I hope this woman will just go away finally and leave everyone in peace - and for godsakes, please don't come back to the US!

My Beatle Covers

My Homepage

My Poetry
Beatle Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2008, 12:09 PM   #20
Kelli
Day Tripper

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I just came up with it and frankly, I'm very proud of it.

To the tune of Maggie Mae:

Oh, dirty Heather Mills
She has given me the chills
And shell never live with Pauly anymore
Oh, the judge he guilty found her
Of robbing a Beatle founder
That dirty, soft gold-digging Heather Mills
Tis the land of stupid fools
Shes returning to
Forty-eight point six
That was her pay

Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote