BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Old Jun 01, 2006, 01:57 PM   #1
Love Fest1969
Apple Scruff

Send a message via MSN to Love Fest1969 Send a message via Yahoo to Love Fest1969
Default AARP Cover

Did anyone else see the May/June cover of AARP? The reason why I'm asking is because Paul McCartney is on the cover and it looks like he haves green or blue eyes. When I first saw it I was kinda shocked because I know Paul haves brown eyes. Maybe its just me but I think he looks like he have blue or green eyes on the cover.
Old Jun 01, 2006, 02:34 PM   #2
Harb83
Co-Admin Geezer

Sounds like a "Paul is Dead" clue to me!
Harb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 02, 2006, 09:41 AM   #3
child of nature
Nowhere Man

Paul has hazel eyes--the perfect combination of green and brown! Watch the "Fool On The Hill" sequences from Magical Mystery Tour--the green is noticable in the close-up shots.

When I saw Paul in concert from the front row, I could see how green is eyes were, especially with that red shirt he was wearing.

For some uncommon Beatles/Lennon photos, bootleg reviews, screen caps, etc., please visit:
Watching Rainbows: Photos and Commentary
child of nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 02, 2006, 09:53 AM   #4
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

I was going to say...Paul has hazel eyes, they do change depending on the lighting.

My husband's eyes are hazel too, though his are blue/grey. He calls it his "amazing mutant ability!" Unfortunately, not enough of one to get him into Dr. Xavier's school, though.......
"And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in all the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual." - John Steinbeck

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." - Anais Nin
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 02, 2006, 09:54 AM   #5
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

I'm going to move this to Red Rose Speedway, btw...
"And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in all the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual." - John Steinbeck

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." - Anais Nin
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 02, 2006, 11:01 AM   #6
Pepperland Kamer
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMVNipper
I was going to say...Paul has hazel eyes, they do change depending on the lighting.

My husband's eyes are hazel too, though his are blue/grey. He calls it his "amazing mutant ability!" Unfortunately, not enough of one to get him into Dr. Xavier's school, though.......

My friend has green eyes that change color to brown and blue depending on the light. Its so subtle I didn't even notice it till he pointed it out.

In the Anthology DVD, on the close up of Paul singing Hey Jude his eyes really look green there.

But it's alright, Ma, it's life, and life only.

Nothing Is Beatle-Proof!!
Pepperland Kamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 02, 2006, 06:57 PM   #7
beatlegirl9977
Sgt. Pepper

I remember seeing a picture about a year ago where Paul's eyes were either green or blue-looking.... My aunt is actually dropping off her copy of the AARP magazine to me on Sunday, so I'll have to give it a look!
beatlegirl9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2006, 11:40 AM   #8
beatlegirl9977
Sgt. Pepper

Ok, got the magazine... His eyes definitely look startlingly green on the cover and kinda green in the photo in the magazine. Like anyone else with hazel eyes, sometimes it all depends on what light they're in and what color they're wearing for it to seem like their eyes change color.
beatlegirl9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2006, 03:10 AM   #9
Maccarock
Fool On The Hill

Hi, everybody! Could any of you post here this photo. I'd like to see it too.:))
Maccarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2006, 10:00 AM   #10
BeatlesFan4life
Dr. Robert

Great information about the AARP cover.
BeatlesFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2006, 12:30 PM   #11
MaccaGirl2891
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via MSN to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via Yahoo to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via Skype™ to MaccaGirl2891

My grandparents gave that magazine to me. Great story inside!
I'll see if I can scan the cover of the magazine.
George Harrison - 2/25/1943--11/29/2001
Michael Joseph Jackson - 8/29/1958--6/25/2009
MaccaGirl2891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2006, 03:05 PM   #12
SilverBeatle
Little Child

Yep. I have hazel eyes and at times my wife will tell me they look really green, other times brown.
SilverBeatle is offline   Reply With Quote