BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Closed Thread

Old Nov 19, 2007, 09:04 AM   #341
Asha
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal View Post
It doesn't really matter whether Stella is a veritable angel or the Devil incarnate, what Heather fails to understand is that dissing on her former husband and inlaws, while not doing them any good, harm people's perception of her more than anyone elses. I don't know if she thinks making them look bad would make her look better but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Dragging up minor incidents, some that happened three years ago!, only make Heather look small and spiteful. What if Stella don't want to give her a rebate? What if she doesn't want to donate perfume? Big deal. Get over it, Heather!
Oh I agree with what you're saying. It doesn't help her relations with the entire McCartney family when she disses any of them. That's very true. I was just reading the above article & just saying that Heather can't act like Stella is "picking" on her, ya know? I'm just saying Stella is like that with anyone who gets near her father. But yeah... NOW? Yeah I think Stella is probably MORE likely to want to protect her father from Heather & with Stella's personality, I don't see her giving Heather any great discounts. & what's odd is, why does Heather think she should get one? I mean, Stella has a business to run. I really hate when my family just assumes I have time to do my job for them, free of charge. My time is valuable & materials cost money.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 03:13 PM   #342
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asha View Post
Stella has ALWAYS been very close to her father & very protective of him. I don't doubt that Heather experienced things she thought were "mean" or "evil", but Stella isn't singling out Heather. It's just Stella being Stella & not wanting people to take advantage of her father.
Well said!
Old Nov 20, 2007, 05:34 AM   #343
Lucy

Heather Mills' latest bizarre rant: 'Why don't we drink milk from rats and dogs?'
Last updated at 09:51am on 20th November 2007

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1773

Making a point: Heather Mills at the poster launch
During another typically bizarre day for Heather Mills, the former model yesterday urged people to try drinking milk from rats and dogs to help save the planet.

Media-shy Heather started off by storming out of a radio interview with London's LBC station.

She then drove a gas-guzzling Mercedes 4x4 to Speakers' Corner in Hyde Park to speak about ecological matters - and kept the engine running for part of the morning.

Once there she proceeded to launch into an extraordinary ecological rant and exhorted the assembled crowds to try drinking rat's milk instead of cow's milk in a bid to save the planet from deforestation for livestock.

She said that livestock created far more carbon emissions than transport, so we should go vegan - someone who eats no meat or dairy produce - or at least find something else to put in tea or coffee.

At Speakers Corner in Hyde Park she said: "There are many other kinds of milk available. Why don't we try drinking rats' milk and dogs' milk?"

Vegan Mills was supposed to be launching a poster campaign for an animal welfare charity.

Yet some observers couldn't help wondering if Heather Mills had a different aim in mind - embarrassing her estranged husband Sir Paul McCartney.

For the billboard posters she unveiled yesterday were initially covered over by adverts for the National Domestic Violence Helpline featuring a woman with a black eye.

Miss Mills has previously claimed that she was assaulted by the former Beatle during their marriage.

Last year she even hinted that she was applying for an occupation order, which is commonly used in domestic violence cases to decide who keeps the family home.

Mixed message: A domestic violence poster covered the Viva! billboard
Read more...

Heather Mills unleashes new tirade against Stella McCartney

Last night animal charity Viva! insisted it was merely a coincidence that its billboards had been covered up by the domestic violence posters.

A spokesman said: "They were for an old campaign that is nothing to do with us."

The violence posters were eventually removed to reveal the Viva! billboards featuring Miss Mills, which accuse the meat and dairy industry of helping to fuel global warming.

But still the 39-year- old former model wasn't clear of controversy. She provoked accusations of hypocrisy after she arrived at the launch at Speakers' Corner in Hyde Park in a gas-guzzling Mercedes 4x4 - and kept the engine running for part of the morning.

One of the posters features Miss Mills writhing in a gold sequinned dress with the slogan: "Hey Meaty, you're making me so hot!"

The second poster shows Miss Mills - whose leg was amputated after a motorbike hit her as she crossed a street - sending herself up with the logo: "You haven't got a leg to stand on!"

The slogan is aimed at those who claim to be environmentally-aware but also eat meat.

Controversial: One of the ads for the Viva! campaign fronted by Heather Mills

Steamy: The billboards are likely to have drivers stopping in their tracks

Viva! director Juliet Gellatley said: "Meat and dairy animals are the second biggest cause of greenhouse gases at 18 per cent compared to 13.5 per cent from all the world's different modes of transport combined."

Earlier, Miss Mills had stormed out of an interview with Nick Ferrari on LBC radio. Things got off to a bad start when Ferrari asked her about TV and magazine interviews in which she complained about her treatment by the media and said her marriage had driven her to the brink of suicide.

Miss Mills retorted: "Shall I fall asleep now or do you want to get on with talking about global warming?" before making snoring noises.

She added: "You don't know me as a person. To have an opinion about somebody you've never met before is pretty superficial."

Ferrari responded: "I can have an opinion on murderers, on corrupt politicians. I don't have to meet them all."

And Miss Mills hit back: "I am not a murderer or a paedophile. I am a charity campaigner. To put me in the same bracket as those is exactly why I've been treated like one."

Speakers' Corner: Heather Mills addresses a crowd of photographers and journalists at the launch of a poster campaign by animals charity Viva!

Eco-warrior? Heather turned up at Hyde Park in this environmentally UN-friendly 4x4

After several more clashes, Miss Mills said: "Just cut him off" and walked out.

• Sir Paul has joined a campaign to save a post office near one of his homes which faces closure under Royal Mail plans.

"It is a vital part of community life and should be saved for future generations to cherish," he said in a statement read to protesters in Heswall, Wirral.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 09:33 AM   #344
kmac
Old Brown Shoe

Barbara Walters and The View's views.

Last edited by kmac : Nov 20, 2007 at 09:44 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 02:55 PM   #345
Lucy

Thanks Kmac.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 04:39 PM   #346
Asha
Sun King

Oh thanks so much, Kmac!
Old Nov 20, 2007, 07:57 PM   #347
hibgal
Sun King

Once again Heather wins the Sabotage Yourself award for the third week running!
Old Nov 20, 2007, 09:50 PM   #348
VersusBatman
Sun King

I totally agree with the women on The View. If you are getting death threats, you don't announce it to the world. That's like putting a bullseyes on your rear end.

You know someone ticked of Babs if she tells people what a horrible person they were. Usually Babs kisses up to celebrities.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons

Last edited by VersusBatman : Nov 20, 2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 10:55 PM   #349
ABCKO
Old Brown Shoe

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh...

Her milk comments...

Yes, fine... let's ALL of us immediately stop drinking milk. But how many millions of cows would we then have to slaughter for lack of utility ?

Why don't we then drink rat's milk, cat's milk, dog's milk (she asks) ?

Ever tried milking one of those, Heather ? And how many cats, dogs, or rats would you need to milk to get the equivalent of one cow's milking ? Oh, I am sure that she wouldn't then complain about THOSE animals getting milked ?

Besides, now that I think about it... last I heard, milking a cow doesn't "hurt" it in any way, does it ?

Also, if milk drinking is such an "human" aberation, then how come just about every species of animal feeds their milk to their young ?

Heck, if you want to go all out, even vegetation is a form of life... so I then guess that it's also a "sin" to eat vegetables and fruits ?

Man, she's getting too nutty... even for PETA !

Go ahead Heather, get plastered on wine (or whatever else) and then come and tell me that I'm a Blue Meanie, for drinking... milk !

It's like anything else, even if she was 100% (instead of - 100000%) right about this, just the fact that it is coming from her would ruin any positive effect such a message might have.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 11:01 PM   #350
ABCKO
Old Brown Shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersusBatman View Post
I totally agree with the women on The View. If you are getting death threats, you don't announce it to the world. That's like putting a bullseyes on your rear end.

You know someone ticked of Babs if she tells people what a horrible person they were. Usually Babs kisses up to celebrities.

Like I've said before, if she's in such danger and trouble... then why in god's name doesn't she "pull out" of the bright lights ? *

* She doesn't have to pull a "Howard-Hughes-like-reclusion" on us (though it would be fine with me !), just keep her fowl mouth shut for a long while...

I mean, she's supposedly distraught with bad press and threats, yet, EVERY CHANCE SHE GETS (and THEN some !), she pours gasoline on her own fire !

More and more, she makes me think of "Feeding the fire" (by Genesis):

Every stone that's thrown must fall to the ground
But you don't give a thought to where they might come down
You are feeding the fire over which you'll be roasted
Old Nov 20, 2007, 11:24 PM   #351
VersusBatman
Sun King

Quote:
Yes, fine... let's ALL of us immediately stop drinking milk. But how many millions of cows would we then have to slaughter for lack of utility ?
We can let them roam free and exaust the vegitation so the deer can starve to death.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
Old Nov 20, 2007, 11:25 PM   #352
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

With regard to mammals, including humans feeding their young milk...many years ago, someone told me that infants need milk in order to survive. Lactation is a natural source of survival.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
Old Nov 20, 2007, 11:27 PM   #353
VersusBatman
Sun King

Milk helps control my blood sugar.

Old Nov 21, 2007, 04:55 AM   #354
erinluv182
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to erinluv182

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 View Post
With regard to mammals, including humans feeding their young milk...many years ago, someone told me that infants need milk in order to survive. Lactation is a natural source of survival.
Uck. I hate to even come across as defending Heather, (which I'm not, just for the record) however...breast milk and cow's milk are two very different things. Human babies either have breast milk or formula, and as far as I know they can't handle having cow's milk when they're that small.

Once you go Macca, you never go bacca.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 05:45 AM   #355
Asha
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinluv182 View Post
Human babies either have breast milk or formula, and as far as I know they can't handle having cow's milk when they're that small.
Hey Erin... Just an FYI...

I was an adopted baby. I never had breast milk ever as I was immediately removed from the room my mother was in. Back in the old days there wasn't "formula" like today. My adopted mother warmed cows milk & that's what I drank from the beginning. I think that they've found over the years that formula or breast milk is easier for human babies to digest. So it's rare today to find very young babies drinking cow's milk. However, I'm sure in some parts of the world, cow's milk or goat's milk is still used.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 05:55 AM   #356
hibgal
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinluv182 View Post
Uck. I hate to even come across as defending Heather, (which I'm not, just for the record) however...breast milk and cow's milk are two very different things. Human babies either have breast milk or formula, and as far as I know they can't handle having cow's milk when they're that small.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Bangs meant cow milk for calves and human milk for humans, not necessarily that newborn babes should drink cow milk, which, btw, is only hard to digest for those with a intolerance to it.

The whole argument is skewed. Rats are in many ways the scourge of the Earth. They carry disease, Black Plague anyone?, they eat and contaminate food supplies. I don't know the amount of milk a rat gives but they are omnivores, as opposed to cows who are vegetarian, and I would think keeping enough rats to produce the same amount of milk as a cow does would not lead to any environmental gains.

Anyway, and I don't want to start a controversy here so please ignore if this offends you, I cannot agree with the "death to all domestic animals" creed as this would harm vegans as well as meat eaters. We need the manure (yes, the greenhouse gas producing offals) to enrich the soil so we can grow vegetables in it! Even if we ALL stopped eating meat today we would still need the cows and the pigs and the chickens etc. to produce manure for our crops. Think of it this way. At least manure is natural; to create artificial fertilizer we need to mine the earth, just to make a substance which use can and does have a negative impact on the environment. While the cows are turning grass into manure they are also manufacturing a highly nutritious, protein rich food that we can use. If that's not efficient I don't know what is. Really, if we were to remove those that are most responsible for the release of greenhouse gases we'd have to kill off the human race.

Seriously, Heather could have said so many other things, given arguments that made sense to people! Not talking about drinking rat milk but maybe about the so called factory farming with its small cages, its battery of growth hormones and antibiotics, whatever. Something that makes sense to the average Joe, not just preaching to the converts. Then perhaps she could do some good here. Oh, and one more thing. For the next save the Earth type rally: Please leave your gasguzzling greenhouse gas spewing 4x4 at home, Heather!
Old Nov 21, 2007, 06:01 AM   #357
Lucy

Is it just me or does the image of a rat with milking apparatus attached to it's nipples a bit of a crack up?!
Old Nov 21, 2007, 06:02 AM   #358
Asha
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
Is it just me or does the image of a rat with milking apparatus attached to it's nipples a bit of a crack up?!
Haha! I had the same thought a little while ago!
Old Nov 21, 2007, 07:48 AM   #359
Roxy Starkey
Sgt. Pepper

Send a message via MSN to Roxy Starkey

Would you like to do it too?

You and I, country dreamer
Old Nov 21, 2007, 09:02 AM   #360
VersusBatman
Sun King

lol!

Well according to the movie "Meet The Parents" you can milk just about anything with teats.

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Nov 21, 2007 at 06:08 PM.
Closed Thread