BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Paperback Writer

Old Apr 26, 2014, 02:03 AM   #81
jonesingjay

Hello!

I've updated Words Of Love. You can catch up on previous chapters at the archive.

Words Of Love is the story of George Harrison's budding relationship with Annette Grant, one of the member's of the black girl group The Debutantes. The Beatles befriend the girls during their Christmas shows of 63' into early 64'. This story takes place during the events of The Nearest To My Heart, but Words Of Love is focused on George and Annette.

Words Of Love - Chapter Eleven - 8mm Memories - George and Annette do a bit of sight seeing and document it. They also make a promise to each other, and don't allow an interruption to ruin their time together.
jonesingjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2014, 11:17 PM   #82
jonesingjay

BONUS CONTENT

From The Nearest To My Heart/Words Of Love universe featuring John/Cynthia.

Up Your Sleeve - John plays a dirty trick on Cynthia.
Old May 08, 2014, 04:05 AM   #83
jonesingjay

Hey!

I've updated Words Of Love. You can catch up on previous chapters at the archive.

Words Of Love is the story of George Harrison's budding relationship with Annette Grant, one of the member's of the black girl group The Debutantes. The Beatles befriend the girls during their Christmas shows of 63' into early 64'. This story takes place during the events of The Nearest To My Heart, but Words Of Love is focused on George and Annette.

Words Of Love - Go To Bat - George proposes an idea to a hesitant Brian. Annette panics at the thought of being thrust into the spotlight.
Old May 08, 2014, 06:41 PM   #84
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

We know the boys weren't bigots. Of all the Beatles to be attracted to and involved with black women, I always figured it would be George!

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2014, 01:14 AM   #85
jonesingjay

The Beatles sure didn't discriminate. Words Of Love / The Nearest To My Heart was somewhat inspired by The Beatles friendship with the Ronettes. John was involved with Ronnie, and George with Estelle, nothing serious just enjoying each other's company.

I wanted to explore that dynamic in these stories. These three young men (including Paul) in these stories, interested in women of another race and pursuing that relationship. It's one of the things lacking in Beatles Fan Fiction that I hope to see more written about.

Thanking you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it.
Old May 20, 2014, 10:28 AM   #86
jonesingjay

Hello, everyone!

Words Of Love has been updated. You can catch up on previous chapters at the archive.

Words Of Love - Chapter Thirteen - It’s a Bit Shakespearean, Isn’t it? - Annette stands her ground. George exercises restraint.
Old May 27, 2014, 07:04 AM   #87
jonesingjay

Hello!

Words Of Love has been updated. You can catch up on previous chapters at the archive.

Words Of Love is the story of George Harrison's budding relationship with AnnetteGrant, one of the member's of the black girl group The Debutantes. The Beatles befriend the girls during their Christmas shows of 63' into early 64'. This story takes place during the events of The Nearest To My Heart, but Words Of Love is focused on George and Annette.

Words Of Love - Chapter Fourteen - Fish N' Chip Paper Part 2 - Annette feels uncomfortable in the spotlight. George has a tough decision to make.
Old Jun 02, 2014, 05:30 AM   #88
jonesingjay

Hi.

Words Of Love is the story of George Harrison's budding relationship with Annette Grant, one of the member's of the black girl group The Debutantes. The Beatles befriend the girls during their Christmas shows of 63's into early 64'. This story takes place during the events of The Nearest To My Heart, but Words Of Love is focused on George and Annette.

Words Of Love - Chapter Fifth-teen - Mishegas! - A thwarted performance leaves Annette shaken. George doesn't feel like he has anyone on his side.
Old Jun 07, 2014, 05:47 PM   #89
PiperTempleton
Fool On The Hill

I just wanted to say that I'm new to this forum and have just started reading "The Nearest to My Heart" this week. I just completed Chapter 8. I left an anonymous (by mistake!) comment on your site. It's such an intimate, intricate read and really places the reader right there with the characters. I love the period details. I look forward to reading more.

Cheers!
Piper :)
PiperTempleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2014, 06:10 PM   #90
jonesingjay

No worries about the anonymous comment. I replied to it at my site as well. Thank you for taking the time to read The Nearest To My Heart and leave a comment as well. It means a great deal to me when readers take the time to share their thoughts. I appreciate that very much.

I'm glad that you're enjoying the story. I do try my best to get the details of the time correct as well as the characterizations. It's nice to know that readers think I'm getting it right because the details mean a lot to me.

I do have a sequel to The Nearest To the Heart that is currently in progress. Words Of Love is George and Annette's story told during the events of The Nearest To My Heart. I just thought I'd mention it if you were interested in checking it out. Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave me a message.
Old Jun 09, 2014, 06:19 AM   #91
jonesingjay

BONUS CONTENT

From The Nearest To My Heart/Words Of Love universe featuring John Lennon and Annette Grant.

Bedfellows - John and Annette make a life changing decision.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 06:51 AM   #92
jonesingjay

Hello, everyone!

I've updated Words Of Love. You can get caught up on previous chapters at the archive.

Words Of Love is the story of George Harrison's budding relationship with Annette Grant, a member of The Debutantes a black girl group. The lads befriend the girls during The Beatles Christmas Shows of 1963 into early 1964.

This story takes place during the events of The Nearest Of My Heart, but the focus of Words Of Love is on George and Annette.

Words Of Love - Chapter Sixteen - A Decent Proposal - George and Annette's time together is coming to a close.

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to check in on this thread and read the story. I'd especially liked to thank those of you that leave feedback here and over at the site where the story is hosted. It means a great deal to writers who post their stories to a public forum to know what readers think.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 06:46 AM   #93
jonesingjay

That's a wrap! Hey, guys. Words Of Love has come to an end. You can catch up on all the previous chapters at the archive.

I want to thank everyone who followed this story. I want to especially thank those of you that took the time to comment here and over at the site where I host the story. It means a great deal to writers who post to public forums that you've taken the time out to let them know what you think about what they are sharing.

Words of Love is the story of George Harrison's budding relationship with Annette Grant, a member of the black girl group The Debutantes. The Beatles befriend them during the Christmas shows of late 63' into early 64.

This story takes place during the events of The Nearest Of My Heart, but the focus is on George and Annette.

Words Of Love - Chapter Seventeen - The Future's Not Ours To See/Epilogue - Que Sera Sera - The end could be a beginning for George and Annette. George's outlook is optimistic.

I've enjoyed writing Annette and George's story. I might revisit them somewhere down the road again.

I've got an upcoming project in the works. It'll be a story centered around Ringo, set during the early 60s BEFORE he joined The Beatles. Here is a preview of that story Deputized For Lunchtime.

Once again, thank you!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 05:45 PM   #94
jonesingjay

Hello, everyone! For those of you still following this thread I have a new story to share with you. It's a Ringo centered story. So, for fans of Ringo or those looking to read something a bit different you might like this story.

Not Fade Away - Prologue - The Frightened City - Ringo Starr, a young man from the Dingle, one of Liverpool's poorest and roughest neighborhoods has made a good life for himself. A steady gig with Rory Storm and the Hurricane's, a car and money in his pocket. He's feeling restless though. Will befriending Joan Cohen, a young woman of mixed race, change the course of his life?
Old Aug 04, 2014, 06:59 PM   #95
jonesingjay

Over 10,000 views! That's incredible! Thank you to everyone who takes the time to check this thread. I appreciate it quite a lot. I want to say a special thank you to those of you who've taken the time to comment here and also the other places I post my stories. Feedback means a great deal to writers who post on public forums.

Here's some BONUS CONTENT! Straight out of The Nearest To My Heart/Words Of Love universe.

Untitled - The balance of George's home life is upset.

Last edited by jonesingjay : Aug 04, 2014 at 07:00 PM.
Old Aug 09, 2014, 10:03 PM   #96
jonesingjay

Hey!

The Ringo Starr centered story 'Not Fade Away' has been updated. You can read the prologue here.

'Not Fade Away' is the story of Ringo Starr, a young man from the Dingle, one of Liverpool's poorest and roughest neighborhoods has made a good life for himself. A steady gig with Rory Storm and the Hurricane's, a car and money in his pocket. He's feeling restless though. Will befriending Joan Cohen, a young woman of mixed race, change the course of his life?

Not Fade Away - Chapter One - Funny Running Into You - Ringo contemplates his future, makes a date and Joan gets a model.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:09 PM   #97
jonesingjay

Hello, everyone!

It's not an update. Unfortunately, it is a warning to those of you who use Wattpad. Recently, I was notified by a follower of my writing, that a user on Wattpad by the screen name of LuvMeDoU is posting my story 'At First Sight' on Wattpad and passing it off as her own.

I want to let those of you who do use Wattpad that I have no affiliation with this poster, and haven't given them my consent to repost my story.

LuvMeDoU Profile

Here is a link to the 'At First Sight' archive. You'll see that I first started posting this story three years ago.

Feel free to spread the word, and let others know that I only have one Wattpad account I post from. Jonesingjay Official Profile.

I don't have anything to do with the LuvMeDoU account, nor do I approve of them using my content and passing it off as there own. Thank you.

They are also passing off the other posted works as there own. If you know the authors of those stories. Please, alert them if you're inclined to do so.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:30 AM   #98
jonesingjay

Hi guys.

I have two updates for you. The first one is about my story 'At First Sight'. Recently it had been brought to attention that my story was being posted by LuvMeDoU on Wattpad, taking credit for my story. The wonderful staff at Wattpad quickly resolved the situation, and my story was removed. The other two stories, 'The Purple Tattoo' and 'Blowin' In the Wind' also might be the works of other writers. If you know the authors of these stories, please alert them to their content being used without their permission. Thank you.

Now, onto a story update! Another chapter of the Ringo Starr centered story 'Not Fade Away'. You can get caught up on previous chapters at the archive.

'Not Fade Away' is the story of Ringo Starr, a young man from the Dingle, one of Liverpool's poorest and roughest neighborhoods has made a good life for himself. A steady gig with Rory Storm and the Hurricane's, a car and money in his pocket. He's feeling restless though. Will befriending Joan Cohen, a young woman of mixed race, change the course of his life?

Not Fade Away - Chapter Two - Ringo No. 1 - Ringo and Joan meet up for their first studio session.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 10:57 PM   #99
jonesingjay

Hello!

The Ringo Starr centered story 'Not Fade Away' has been updated. If you're new to this story or need a refresher you can check out the archive.

For those of you who are new to this thread and story let me give you a brief summary of what 'Not Fade Away' is about.

It's the story of Ringo Starr, a young man from the Dingle, one of Liverpool's poorest and roughest neighborhoods has made a good life for himself. A steady gig with Rory Storm and the Hurricane's, a car and money in his pocket. He's feeling restless though. Will befriending Joan Cohen, a young woman of mixed race, change the course of his life?

Not Fade Away - Chapter Three, Part One - Ringo is confronted by his past and possible future. Which is the catalyst for a life changing decision. Joan feels she's known for the wrong reasons.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 12:36 PM   #100
jonesingjay

Hi, guys! The Ringo Starr centered story 'Not Fade Away' has been updated. If you're new to this story or need a refresher you can check out previous chapters at the archive.

For those of you new to this thread and story let me give you a brief summary of 'Not Fade Away'.

It's the story of Ringo Starr, a young man from the Dingle, one of Liverpool's poorest and roughest neighborhoods has made a good life for himself. A steady gig with Rory Storm and the Hurricane's, a car and money in his pocket. He's feeling restless though. Will befriending Joan Cohen, a young woman of mixed race, change the course of his life?

Not Fade Away - Chapter Three, Part Two - Trading Up - Ringo and Joan feel each other out. Ringo delivers bad news to a friend.