BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > And Your Bird Can Sing

Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:13 PM   #1
Colonel Angus
Dr. Robert

Default 45 rpm/7"s

I know really nothing about these and think I'm gonna start collecting them. Thus far my crown jewel is a Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields promo w the trumpet at the end. What are the coolest and rarest 45's to collect? I just picked up Help! because of it's distinction of being a different vocal. Not really rare or valuable but I just wanted it. I kinda just started by trying to get all the recordings on Rarities. Anyone want to espouse their knowledge of collecting 7"? Tips, pointers, cautionary tales, anything at all. I'm all ears.
Colonel Angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 06:59 AM   #2
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
I know really nothing about these and think I'm gonna start collecting them. Thus far my crown jewel is a Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields promo w the trumpet at the end. What are the coolest and rarest 45's to collect? I just picked up Help! because of it's distinction of being a different vocal. Not really rare or valuable but I just wanted it. I kinda just started by trying to get all the recordings on Rarities. Anyone want to espouse their knowledge of collecting 7"? Tips, pointers, cautionary tales, anything at all. I'm all ears.
That's a good idea

I only collect rare LP's, picture-discs and bootleg CD's, but no 45's. I'm afraid, I can't tell you which are the coolest and rarest. Hopefully, there are some other members in this forum who will be able to give you tips for 45's.

Snoopy
Snoopy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:48 PM   #3
Colonel Angus
Dr. Robert

This was an exciting day w the announcement of the recall on this Love Me Do release. Everyone went crazy and people that received the 45 made a lot of money. But this is what I think it boils down to. The disc is really not collectible at all. It's the same disc we've been issued for decades. Just remastered w Andy White on drums. The real collectible still remains the Ringo recording. Thanks to this screw up.
Colonel Angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 01:14 PM   #4
El Gos Coix
Wild Honey Pie

I've got some fifteen 7" records (both singles and EPs) from Spain, most of them first editions, and a few less from the rest of the world, apart from a couple of new releases (like the anniversary edition of 'Love Me Do' or the four 2011 Record Store Day singles). I don't think any of them is specially rare, but my favourite one is the German release of 'Sie liebt dich' b/w 'Komm, gib mir deine Hand'. To me, the coolest to collect are those with the cooler sleeves. Anyway, I use this as a general guide, although I have more specific books for certain countries, just to know a bit about what I'm buying.