BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Bootleg Network

Old Mar 23, 2006, 01:17 AM   #1
subhajit_2k
Little Child

Default Dr Ebbetts... ignore if done to death

Ok, I've read reams and reams of posts across several forums about how absolutely amazingly good the Dr Ebbetts discs are. But like many others, I haven't a clue about how to reach the Doctor for orders or get hold of his catalogue.
Any information in this regard and about Dr Ebbetts would be very very welcome.
subhajit_2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 02:33 AM   #2
Legs
Sun King

Believe me, nothing on this section is done to death.
I've seen this question asked on the bootleg zone forum, but the very hypcrotic answer is that they don't give out info on where to buy bootlegs.
I've received a few of his titles in trades, but don't know where to get hold of originals.
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 02:57 AM   #3
subhajit_2k
Little Child

Hey Legs, good to hear from you again :-).
I read most of the stuff at BZ forum as well. So the way out is setting up trades with people, huh? I don't mind CDR copies but then the risk of fakes/badly burnt discs remains. Is there a Dr Ebbetts FAQ kind posted anywhere?
And if possible pass on your trade list please.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 03:29 AM   #4
AMBOISVERT
Dr. Robert

An article on Dr Ebbetts [and related phenomena] was just posted over in "bird." check it out and maybe it will get you somewhere.

Tony

AMBOISVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 04:42 AM   #5
rubbersoulster_mel
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to rubbersoulster_mel Send a message via Yahoo to rubbersoulster_mel

Also, if you don't feel the need to have original discs, there's generally quite a bit of Dr Ebbetts stuff out there if you don't mind downloading from torrents.

Umm, not that I ever do such a thing... uh, sure, right… I never do that kind of thing.

Someone from the office rang me up and said, 'Look, Paul, you're dead.' And I said, 'Oh, I don't agree with that.' - Paul McCartney
rubbersoulster_mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 07:37 AM   #6
subhajit_2k
Little Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMBOISVERT
An article on Dr Ebbetts [and related phenomena] was just posted over in "bird." check it out and maybe it will get you somewhere.
Tony
Could you post a link to it, please? Couldn't find a topic related to Ebbetts in And Your Bird Can Sing.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 07:39 AM   #7
subhajit_2k
Little Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbersoulster_mel
Also, if you don't feel the need to have original discs, there's generally quite a bit of Dr Ebbetts stuff out there if you don't mind downloading from torrents.
Umm, not that I ever do such a thing... uh, sure, right… I never do that kind of thing.
Thanks. Im not much into torrents, though have been trying out Dimeadozen and Pirate Bay. Are there some other sites you can suggest? Maybe over PM if you mind posting here. Thanks.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 08:08 AM   #8
AMBOISVERT
Dr. Robert

Sorry, of course. Here it is. It starts out talking about EMI/Capitol/Apple, and gets into Dr Ebbets et al, later on.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/dr...4549611,00.html

Tony

Old Mar 23, 2006, 09:04 AM   #9
Legs
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhajit_2k
Thanks. Im not much into torrents, though have been trying out Dimeadozen and Pirate Bay. Are there some other sites you can suggest? Maybe over PM if you mind posting here. Thanks.
Maybe a pm to me to. I thought about trying torrents also, but not sure where to start and how it all works.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 04:16 AM   #10
AMBOISVERT
Dr. Robert

Actually if anyone would like to offer a primer on torrents and such, I for one would be very interested, and this seems like just the forum for it. Maybe a new thread or a sticky?

Tony

Old Mar 24, 2006, 04:49 AM   #11
rubbersoulster_mel
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to rubbersoulster_mel Send a message via Yahoo to rubbersoulster_mel

Quote:
Actually if anyone would like to offer a primer on torrents and such, I for one would be very interested, and this seems like just the forum for it. Maybe a new thread or a sticky?

Tony
I agree... that would be a great idea. Yesterday, as I was sending a PM about this subject I realized that it's one of those things I mostly understand but couldn't really explain well if my life depended on it!!

Someone from the office rang me up and said, 'Look, Paul, you're dead.' And I said, 'Oh, I don't agree with that.' - Paul McCartney
rubbersoulster_mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 06:25 AM   #12
Legs
Sun King

Quote:

Tony
Yes, anyone feel free to start a new topic about torrents. I can make it sticky later on when it takes off.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 09:01 AM   #13
subhajit_2k
Little Child

Ok i'll share whatever I know about Torrents from reading up and personal experiences. But I'm posting that on the dedicated Torrent thread (i think), Teach Me Torrents.