BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Old May 29, 2003, 06:45 PM   #1
MissusLennon
Dr. Robert

Default Sheffield Concert!!

Tonight was the best night of my life!

We arrived at Heathrow airport in the late morning (UK time), and went over to Abbey Road, where I kissed the zebra crossing twice and got my mum to take pics of me crossing and also on the stairs to the studio.
We then drove to Nottingham to unpack and get ready to go to Sheffield.

I got to the arena early, and met up with the guy I bought the ticket from, to pay for it and get the ticket.
Waited in line for a looonng time, finally got in, and found my seat (which wasn't as far away from the stage as I thought it would be).
The concert was quite delayed, but when the pre-show thing finally started, I realised I was in the same building as Paul Mc-freakin-Cartney!!!!

The pre-show was great, but I wanted it to end so I could see and hear my Paulie =P
Finally, the opening chord struck and there he was, in the same room as me, looking great in a long sleeved red t-shirt and blazer (which he later took off saying "it's getting hot in here" which ended up in whistles and cheers as he took it off in a play-stripping manner =P)
As soon as Hello Goodbye started, I was awestruck. I seriously envied the people that were right up against the stage though, they could've touched him if they wanted!
He told great stories (my personal favourite was about a massuse in Tokyo - I won't spoil it for the ones going to the Liverpool show on Sunday), and played quite a few different songs that weren't on the US set list.
She's Leaving Home was done beautifully, as were Michelle and several others.
Paul forgot the words to the middle section of You Never Give Me Your Money, and improvised a very funny line (which I can't remember now)

The concert ended, Paul and the band went off stage, the lights went out (mostly) and the crowd cheered (VERY loudly) for a few minutes, and they came back on, did two songs and then the concert was really over...except the crowd cheered again like mad, and on they came and finished up with Hey Jude (the audience sang the na na nas in key with no instruments other that drums, it was beautiful to sing with Paul =D) and Sgt Pepper Reprise/The End.

Before he sang "Heather", Paul said they had exciting news (the crowd cheered like mad, so he didn't have to elaborate)

As predicted, I stared and screamed my head off, but I'm really surprised, I didn't cry!
Not even during Here Today or Something!
I think I was in too much shock.

After the show, I bought a pack of stickers (2)
and a great sleeveless top (28)
Expensive, but worth it =)

I want to go to the Liverpool show SO badly, but I haven't got the money =(

Have fun, everyone!

The man sure does put on a great show
(the explosions and fire during Live and Let Die are unforgettable)
MissusLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2003, 07:37 PM   #2
EasternBird
Old Brown Shoe

Send a message via MSN to EasternBird
Default Re: Sheffield Concert!!

Awesome! Sounds like you had a great time! It must be especially cool to see Paul perform in the UK. And that's so cute that Paul announced his "exciting news" at the concert. [img]graemlins/teeth1.gif[/img]
EasternBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2003, 03:35 PM   #3
MissusLennon
Dr. Robert

I have a necklace now with a stone from abbey road on it =)
I will treasure it all my life.

Now...anyone got spare tickets for the liverpool show they'd be willling to sell for between 5p and 6? [img]graemlins/wink3.gif[/img]
You'd also have to be able to drive me there from Nottingham at least 12 hours before the show so I could get right in front.

(I can try can't I?)
Old May 31, 2003, 05:35 PM   #4
lennon4
Paperback Writer

Send a message via AIM to lennon4

Glad you had fun at the concert! Yeah, that Tokyo massuse story is great, isn't it? LOL! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

-lennon4
lennon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 01, 2003, 05:31 PM   #5
MissusLennon
Dr. Robert

Something that was cute (I forgot to type it before) is that while I was waiting for the guy I bought the tic from, a mum and daughter came past me, the girl (who looked about 7 years old)
was enthusiastically singing "Getting Better"!
It made me grin.