BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Abbey Road

Old Feb 16, 2002, 08:51 AM   #1
kama#9
Fool On The Hill

Default \"I Me Mine\" (book)

I've been reading the Playboy interviews with John, and read how upset he was that George did not mention him once in his book "I Me Mine". I was wondering, assuming this is true, if George ever said why he made no mention of John? I have not read George's book, so I don't know anything about it, or whether or not he mentioned the other Beatles at all. Anyone have any info?
Thanks
Kama

------------------
kama#9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2002, 02:09 PM   #2
Hari's Chick

Default Re: \"I Me Mine\" (book)

George did refer to this interview and John's saying this. He said somewhere that John said he (George) had idolized him or some such...which George kind of scoffed at. I think he thought John was ego-tripping on it. George kind of blew it off, like John got mentioned as much as the other Beatles did, so he should 'get over it' (my words..not his! Maybe FPSHOT would have the actual quotes...).

------------------
"There is nothing that isn't part of the complete whole. When the little 'i' merges into the big 'I' then you are really smiling!"
Hari's Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2002, 03:17 PM   #3
Cecilia
Old Brown Shoe

According with Paul's biography, "Many years from now", George only mentioned John about six times in the whole book...but Paul was mentioned even less than that. I have not read the book either, but apparently it's true.

------------------
"No sign of love behind the tears, cried for no one..." Paul McCartney, 1966
Cecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2002, 03:37 PM   #4
FPSHOT
Sun King

This story about John having this comment is not quite according to the facts.

I have the book, and again had a look.

Both John (11 times) and Paul (9 times) are mentioned throughout the book. Various references there are, both in the 'story', so part 1, as in the stories about the songs, part 2.

Do realise, that the book is about George and by George. The story is about 62 pages, and is about George's youth, his personal life, his love for Formula One, his marriages and houses, and ofcourse some history from the Beatles. But certainly not a book like the Anthology book. Just a personal book.

I believe John over-reacted, and wonder if he even read the book. He is most certainly mentioned in a good way, but maybe John expected some You're The Greatest words.

George has reacted to this, I don't have it here just so quickly, but he did not pay much attention to it. Probably for the reason as described here.

------------------
George about 'Revolver' June, 1967;
When we first did it, we were really knocked out by most of the tracks, but, by the time the record was issued, we were a bit fed up with it, looking towards the new one

[This Message Has Been Edited By FPSHOT On February 16, 2002 04:38 PM]
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2002, 07:27 PM   #5
kama#9
Fool On The Hill

Thanks for clearing things up.
In the Playboy interview, John implies he
read the book and also says he's not mentioned even ONCE, so based on the replies I just read, sounds like he was over-reacting and possibly did NOT read the book. Being mentioned 11 times is nothing to scoff at if you ask me, especially since this was a book about George, as you said FPSHOT. I've heard that the book is being re-released any time now, so I look forward to reading it for myself soon.
Kama

------------------

[This Message Has Been Edited By kama#9 On February 16, 2002 08:29 PM]
Old Feb 16, 2002, 07:28 PM   #6
kama#9
Fool On The Hill

Thanks for clearing things up.
In the Playboy interview, John implies he
read the book and also says he's not mentioned even ONCE, so based on the replies I just read, sounds like he was over-reacting and possibly did NOT read the book. Being mentioned 11 times is nothing to scoff at if you ask me, especially since this was a book about George, as you said FPSHOT. I've heard that the book is being re-released any time now, so I look forward to reading it for myself soon.
Kama

------------------
Old Feb 16, 2002, 07:31 PM   #7
kama#9
Fool On The Hill

Sorry for double post. Don't know how that happened.

------------------