BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:05 PM   #1
Youngfab4fan
Apple Scruff

Default Thoughts about Dhani and thenewno2...

Hey guys.

Everywhere I see people write: "Oh my god, Dhani looks so much like George!!" or something. Well, at the beginning when I "got to know" Dhani, I had the same thoughts, but some day, I realised, that he bears hardly resemblance to George. Really, I can't see any alikeness (anymore)!
And the worst is, when people write this kind of things onto the Instagram or Facebook pictures. When I read such comments... It's horrible, because in this moment I imagine, how Dhani could feel, when he reads those comments. He must feel like... I don't know what, but really bad. And then, I feel bad too. People should stop writing this...
And I guilt out, because of my nick name in Instagram (same like here). How it has to be, when half of your fans know you, because of your father!?!
I don't even know, if I appreciate their music. I don't know, if I really like it, or if I just "like" it, because it's Dhani.

Well, these are my thoughts about the whole thing.
I ask you: How are your thoughts about this?

Love, Youngfab4fan
Ringamazing!
Also Dhanilicious!
Youngfab4fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:57 PM   #2
johncharles
Nowhere Man

Dhani considers his dad to have been his best friend. I don't think he'd necessarily feel bad that people look at him and see a strong resemblance to his father.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:14 AM   #3
Youngfab4fan
Apple Scruff

Gosh.
I totally forgot this quote of Dhani:

"People see my face, they hear my voice, and I know, they're thinking about my father. That's OK - he was a great man."
Ringamazing!
Also Dhanilicious!

Last edited by Youngfab4fan : Sep 07, 2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 02:27 AM   #4
Youngfab4fan
Apple Scruff

Okay, here is a good example:

Posted on a picture of thenewno2 in Facebook.
3 Likes!!! Can't understand this!
Ringamazing!
Also Dhanilicious!

Last edited by Youngfab4fan : Sep 09, 2012 at 02:28 AM.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 11:12 AM   #5
kattatude
Apple Scruff

I think Dhani looked more like his father when he was younger...not as much now. I think he resembles both his mom and dad - a nice mixture.

I definitely like George's music better...actually I LOVE his music. I do like a couple of songs on the new thenewno2's latest release. Their styles of music are different, and Dhani is finding his own way. Kudos to him!

Of course, I don't know Dhani, so I can only speak my thoughts. I don't think he is resentful of his father. IMO, it's a great compliment to be compared to George Harrison.
That is not what you are here for

George Harrison - Beware of Darkness
kattatude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 01:46 PM   #6
Zimmerman The Gnome
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngfab4fan View Post
Okay, here is a good example:

Posted on a picture of thenewno2 in Facebook.
3 Likes!!! Can't understand this!
Its natural, get over it. Its never going to be any different for any famous offspring.

Im sure Dhani has better things to do than read facebook crap anyway!
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:24 AM   #7
Youngfab4fan
Apple Scruff

You're all so right! I overacted with the comparison thing. (By the way, in spite of everything I love the word "compharrison" )
Ringamazing!
Also Dhanilicious!
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:34 PM   #8
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

I do agree that Dhani looks less like George now then he used to.

as far as the sentiments, I think Dhani has run the gamut of every emotion regarding those and if he's got any enlightenment, should come to peace with it eventually. (Though I can't speak for him)

What I do hate are little fangirls jumping over anyone for mentioning his dad in any way. I got jumped on for having George in my avatar on Facebook by some of the fangirls. Now, they're controlling avatars.
I saw a guy who mentioned seeing Dhani ride past on a bike get screamed at for violating his privacy. What?

When Dhani got married, I asked about a public picture as was standard with many famous weddings. the rabid little fangirls crucified me claiming he's private. (Private enough to put the pictures up on Vogues website and in their magazine, giving me the last laugh)

Each of these fangirls referred to themselves as 'real fans' and claimed the rest of us weren't for sharing their sentiments.

so, so some up my point, if you're a fangirl ready to jump on any George fan, just chill. It ain't cool nor is it right. And Dhani knows how to defend himself if he chooses. He's a grown man. (and he may not share your sentiment either so don't speak for him)
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:10 AM   #9
MrKite
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfittoy View Post

What I do hate are little fangirls jumping over anyone for mentioning his dad in any way. I got jumped on for having George in my avatar on Facebook by some of the fangirls. Now, they're controlling avatars.
Didn't you say it was Julian's staff on fb who contacted you after you were banned from commenting on his page? I thought it was them who wanted you to take your avatar down as it was not alright...*puzzled*

I never had problems with being controlled there.

This is drama from facebook, I think you should leave it out of here.

Last edited by MrKite : Sep 12, 2012 at 07:11 AM.
MrKite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:37 AM   #10
hibgal
Sun King

Default We're not stupid

We've all know by now that you don't like misfittoy, MrKite, so you can lay off the sniping. It's become a thumping bore! Contribute something positive instead.

Sometimes I dream in colors
It always happens when
I find myself with others
Who don't pretend
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:13 AM   #11
Youngfab4fan
Apple Scruff

Please, stop starting a quarrel. Or at least, argue in a "quarrel-thread" or something, I don't care!

Well, back to the topic: Thanks for the answers. Now I don't have this thoughts anymore. You made it plain to me.
Ringamazing!
Also Dhanilicious!
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:00 PM   #12
MrKite
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal View Post
We've all know by now that you don't like misfittoy, MrKite, so you can lay off the sniping. It's become a thumping bore! Contribute something positive instead.
Sorry...I just asked her a regular question. I remember her saying that it was Julian's staff who told her to take down the avatar. And now she says something else...what is wrong with that question then?
And....why do you assume that I hate her? I barely wrote six comments and only two were directed at her. Get at other people's throat, hibgal. You are not a mod.

Besides: the mods asked to keep out the FB drama here....but she brings it up again and again. THAT is boring....I am not here to read about her personal imaginary problems all the time.

Last edited by MrKite : Sep 13, 2012 at 12:03 PM.
MrKite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2012, 01:13 PM   #13
infogal
Little Child

Thumbs up Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKite View Post
Sorry...I just asked her a regular question. I remember her saying that it was Julian's staff who told her to take down the avatar. And now she says something else...what is wrong with that question then?
And....why do you assume that I hate her? I barely wrote six comments and only two were directed at her. Get at other people's throat, hibgal. You are not a mod.

Besides: the mods asked to keep out the FB drama here....but she brings it up again and again. THAT is boring....I am not here to read about her personal imaginary problems all the time.

Well said Mr.Kite. Julian is a really decent, nice guy. Dhani's "fangirls" that I know are really sweet and lovely people (I know, not that it matters -they've all been lumped together anyway). If that sounds like I'm defending him or them against all the negativity, so be it.

Just offering some positivity FOR those who get bashed and bashed. It's in my nature to defend the unjustly accussed.

And I have to protest the "we're not stupid" bit with the "contribute something positive". Um, yeah real positive there. *eyeroll*

Last edited by infogal : Sep 13, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
infogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:46 PM   #14
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Didn't you say it was Julian's staff on fb who contacted you after you were banned from commenting on his page? I thought it was them who wanted you to take your avatar down as it was not alright...*puzzled*

I never had problems with being controlled there.

This is drama from facebook, I think you should leave it out of here.
Both parties had issues with my avatar.

and rabid baby fangirls are a given in many fangirls and they're the same from fandom to fandom.
I do have friends there too
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:47 PM   #15
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Well, back to the topic: Thanks for the answers. Now I don't have this thoughts anymore. You made it plain to me.
I'm glad. But I will confess, I deliberately didn't wear my one Beatles shirt to Dhani's concert when I went. I would now though.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:48 PM   #16
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by infogal View Post
.And I have to protest the "we're not stupid" bit with the "contribute something positive". Um, yeah real positive there. *eyeroll*
it was quite positive. but then, the argument stops now by request of the other members.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:51 PM   #17
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:
.Besides: the mods asked to keep out the FB drama here....but she brings it up again and again. THAT is boring....I am not here to read about her personal imaginary problems all the time.
If you actually read my posts, I reiterated multiple tales of things that didn't happen to me with twos fangirls but that I witnessed happening to other people relating to their admiration of George in twos webpages.

that was relevant to the original poster's sentiments she was expressing. And it wasn't all happening to me. go back and read it. (I'll ignore the 'imaginary comment' out of politeness)
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:58 PM   #18
Hari's Chick

Quote:

I was glad you posted this topic, Youngfab4fan. Similar thoughts crossed my mind. Dhani posted a photo of himself holding up some new tennis shoes/sneakers. They were really colorful and each side had a bear. People began to speculate if George would like Dhani's new shoes! Some were saying yes, others no. I thought an argument would break out. That was so ridiculous it was Pythonesque. A few girls began to say that George doesn't need to be mentioned in *every* post. I agree with that. George will never, God love him, be here to shop for shoes with Dhani. Nor is it likely the first thing they will discuss in heaven. Why call that to Dhani's attention? The whole thing gets sad making.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:10 AM   #19
Youngfab4fan
Apple Scruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari's Chick View Post
I was glad you posted this topic, Youngfab4fan. Similar thoughts crossed my mind. Dhani posted a photo of himself holding up some new tennis shoes/sneakers. They were really colorful and each side had a bear. People began to speculate if George would like Dhani's new shoes! Some were saying yes, others no. I thought an argument would break out. That was so ridiculous it was Pythonesque. A few girls began to say that George doesn't need to be mentioned in *every* post. I agree with that. George will never, God love him, be here to shop for shoes with Dhani. Nor is it likely the first thing they will discuss in heaven. Why call that to Dhani's attention? The whole thing gets sad making.
I saw this shoes (on Instagram). But where did you read about the George thing? Haha, I think they will have really better things to discuss in heaven :D
I don't mind, when people now and then mention George, but in every picture? That's annoying.
Ringamazing!
Also Dhanilicious!
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:58 PM   #20
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy

I saw thenewno2 on Wednesday night and I thought they were great. Dhani is a great frontman and he comes across so well. They played and sounded amazing; even stuff that I bet is frigging hard to recreate live sounded good. He looked amazing and it was hard to take my eyes off him.