BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Abbey Road

Old Jan 29, 2015, 03:33 PM   #1
pjwstory1002
Fool On The Hill

Default Did you attend any Beatles' shows in the 60s? Please share

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I've looked through a lot of the threads here just in case there were any with regard to those of you who got to see the Beatles when they toured the US in the 60s. Sadly, I didn't find much, just a few mentions here and there.

I'm interested in any show experience, however, I'm particularly interested in anyone who went to the following shows:

Boston Garden - Boston, MA 9/12/64
Cow Palace - San Francisco, CA 8/19/64 I think this is the one where fans rushed the stage
Candlestick Park - San Francisco, CA 8/29/66

Also, did anyone go to the closed circuit showings of the filmed 2/11/64 Washington DC show either in San Jose, CA Fox Theater on 3/15/64 or anywhere else it was presented?

I'm looking for first hand stories of those shows. I'm in the research stages of a book idea and the Beatles' shows, especially those above, are pivotal moments in my characters lives.

Short of anyone here having those incredible experiences, does anyone know of any other resource material with first hand stories out there I could use, books, articles, reviews, etc.? That also would be really helpful, but certainly your own personal experience(s) is much preferred! How was the anticipation for you? Where did you sit/stand? Could you hear/see the band? Were you screaming with everyone else or were you just amazed by it all? If you were at the Cow Palace show, when did the fans rush the stage, beginning, middle or end of show? Any other incidents at any of the shows you attended?

Thank you for any help you can lend, and any and all stories are most welcome!

Read more: http://beatleforum.proboards.com/thr...#ixzz3QGADdqj3
pjwstory1002 is offline   Reply With Quote