BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Closed Thread

Old May 31, 2006, 03:35 AM   #1
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper
Default McCartney’s soon-to-be ex looks for a little help from her friends

For what it's worth...I don't think she'll get that much sympathy, personally...

And don't completely discount the National Enquirer -- frequently they break stories that turn out to be the truth. (Because I know this will spark yet another discussion of tabloids.... )

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/mor...ticleid=141523

[size=4]McCartney’s soon-to-be ex looks for a little help from her friends
[/size]
By Inside Track
Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Lady Heather Mills McCartney reportedly believes that her failed marriage to rock ’n’ roll royalty Sir Paul McCartney makes her heartache comparable to the late Princess Diana and Prince Charles’ deep-sixed marriage.
Pish posh, we say!
The former lingerie model-turned-activist is said to be negotiating a Princess Di-style sit-down with England’s ITV’s Sir Trevor McDonald, reports ThisisLondon.com.
Anglophiles may remember the gobs of sympathy the Princess of Wales elicited when she spilled the intimate details of her ruined royal relationship with telly presenter Martin Bashir.
Lady McCartney, dubbed a “gold-digger” in the London tabloids and now fighting her famous hubby for custody of their daughter, Beatrice, 2, feels the need to spin her side of the story.
But insiders expect the booted Beatle bride might not garner the same spin success as England’s Queen of Hearts considering that Diana was more popular than her husband was - or ever will be.
Heather contends she and her good deeds for landmine victims and baby seals were overshadowed by her husband’s celebrity. Ya’ think?
Friends of the 63-year-old singer hold strong to their suspicion that Mills’ fiery temper - and not McCartney’s fame or the meddling media - caused the couple’s demise.
“He tried everything to make their marriage work,” a source told the National Enquirer. “He took insults and swallowed his pride just to smooth over their violent rows. This guy is idolized by millions of women, but he lost his heart to one who humiliated him.”
It could be Heather’s growing reputation for rage that is pushing her to appear on television as a vulnerable victim. An ITV source said: “Heather wants to give her side of the story and knows Sir Trevor and is a fan of his. She thinks he would give her a relatively smooth ride compared to other interviewers.”
She may get an easy interview with Sir Trevor, but considering Paul McCartney’s super-powerful divorce lawyer, Nicholas Mostyn, she’ll need to save her energy for court.
Mostyn is renown for his specialty in representing wives seeking massive settlements from wealthy husbands.
“He’s the best in Britain,” an insider told the Enquirer. “Paul got him before Heather could.”
"And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in all the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual." - John Steinbeck

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." - Anais Nin
Old May 31, 2006, 04:39 AM   #2
BeatlesFan4life
Dr. Robert

I think she just trying to get a lot of attention.

Last edited by BeatlesFan4life : Jun 01, 2006 at 05:15 AM.
Old May 31, 2006, 08:13 AM   #3
Cream Tangerine
Dr. Robert

Beotch. She just CAN'T live without the attention....
Old May 31, 2006, 08:29 AM   #4
beatlegirl9977
Sgt. Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMVNipper
“He tried everything to make their marriage work,” a source told the National Enquirer. “He took insults and swallowed his pride just to smooth over their violent rows. This guy is idolized by millions of women, but he lost his heart to one who humiliated him.”
Boy, do I agree with that. Yeah, ok, maybe I'm biased, but any time I saw Paul and Heather interviewed together or during any kind of public interactions, it seemed like Heather showed a total lack of respect towards Paul. And I'm not trying to compare her to Linda or Jane or anyone else--I'm comparing her to any other functional relationship out there. You don't cut down your spouse/sig. other in public, you just don't. And if she was doing it jokingly or whatever, jeez, she sure doesn't know how to handle sarcasm without making it look like she's skewering him.
Old May 31, 2006, 06:33 PM   #5
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

BG, that was very well said.

I am not on anyone's side nor am I uniquely biased towards Paul (although I've had nothing but the deepest respect for Paul since I was a young child). My impression was that Paul, ever the family man, saw a chance at enjoying love again and was ready to take that step. Unfortunately it did not work out.

Keeping this general, I agree that it is never a good idea to cut down your spouse/partner/significant other in public. Privacy and all that. It does not reflect well on the cutter and that kind of behavior sadly gets the rumor mills going and the presses' juices flowing.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
Old Jun 01, 2006, 03:23 AM   #6
ABCKO
Old Brown Shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream Tangerine
Beotch. She just CAN'T live without the attention....
Heather and Paris Hilton would make for the perfect couple... LOL
Old Jun 01, 2006, 05:16 AM   #7
BeatlesFan4life
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCKO
Heather and Paris Hilton would make for the perfect couple... LOL
I agree with ABCKO. They would make a perfect couple.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 07:05 PM   #8
FanBird1
Fool On The Hill

I don't read tabloids as stories are written (even if the article is true) to SELL THE MAGAZINE!!!!
The writers are not sympathetic to anyone's situation and do not care if they hurt the subject of the article in the process!
I think Paul and Heather will work this out between themselves in regard to custody (most likely to be joint!), etc...I don't think they can stayed married at this point. It is a family situation, and they are going to do what's best for them!
Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:15 AM   #9
Harry
Nowhere Man

Lets face it whatever she does you guys will find a reason to slag her off.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 04:25 AM   #10
Loka
Nowhere Man

She almost feeds us with reasons to dislike her - for what she does to Paul, what topics she involves him in. I think that no one really has to go searching for reasons to slag her off.
I´ve never imagined to see the name "McCartney" in relation to "sex scandal". I´d rather like to read in the "Rolling Stone" about him, but this woman is the reason why he´s in the tabloids and can´t get out.

If she hadn´t done all this and lied to him about it (what she obviously did, ´cause he´s believing it has been glamour pics and a lover´s guide and all that, poor blind guy) I wouldn´t care for her sins of youth, honestly.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 04:40 AM   #11
beatlebangs1964

Heather has done nothing to any of us and I don't dislike her nor feel any reason to do so. What has she done to Paul? She gave him another chance at love; she's the mother of their daughter; she provided him with some years of marital happiness. Why do others insist on making her sound like a bad person? She's not. I don't think it is my place to judge her. It is one thing to talk about her public behavior, but it is an entirely different matter to decide she's a bad person.

The name "McCartney" is not limited to Paul's immediate family. There's this kid named Jesse McCartney who is no relation to Paul who appeals mainly to the middle school set. Just seeing the name "McCartney" in relation to a tabloid article, (yeah, one naturally does automatically think "Paul" whenever they see "McCartney" and I'm no exception), but it doesn't always follow that it is about Paul McCartney.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

Old Jun 14, 2006, 07:57 AM   #12
Harry
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loka
She almost feeds us with reasons to dislike her - for what she does to Paul, what topics she involves him in. I think that no one really has to go searching for reasons to slag her off.
I´ve never imagined to see the name "McCartney" in relation to "sex scandal". I´d rather like to read in the "Rolling Stone" about him, but this woman is the reason why he´s in the tabloids and can´t get out.

If she hadn´t done all this and lied to him about it (what she obviously did, ´cause he´s believing it has been glamour pics and a lover´s guide and all that, poor blind guy) I wouldn´t care for her sins of youth, honestly.
he was on our radio and in the press saying that he knew about the pictures before they even got married and had seen them, so who is the liar?

I wonder how many prostitutes Paul shagged in his life time........

I am so amazed that the people on here judging must live or have lived such pure holier than thou lifes.

Last edited by Harry : Jun 14, 2006 at 08:00 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 09:44 AM   #13
Magill
Sun King

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry
I wonder how many prostitutes Paul shagged in his life time........
I seriously doubt that Paul McCartney has *ever* paid for *it*. Even back in the Hamburg days. He was the "cute" Beatle. Remember?

Last edited by Magill : Jun 14, 2006 at 09:44 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 06:26 PM   #14
beatlebangs1964

And he was the one who wrote and sang "Can't Buy Me Love."

What gets me is that we are all in agreement about how bad the tabloids are in smearing a person. How is raking Heather over the coals here any different?

Old Jun 14, 2006, 06:27 PM   #15
erinluv182
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to erinluv182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magill
I seriously doubt that Paul McCartney has *ever* paid for *it*. Even back in the Hamburg days. He was the "cute" Beatle. Remember?
Well,I can't for the life of me find it, but there is a part in "Many Years from Now"where Paul says one night that he slept with a prostitute and after they were done she requested her payment and Paul was very offended and refused to pay her,as he didn't know she was a prostitute. And offended he should be! Any girl who ever got to sleep with him should count her lucky stars,not demand payment!

There are quotes where John claims there are pictures of him crawling out of whore houses, but (no offense to John) some of his interviews aren't the most believable because for a lot of the 70s he was trying to paint the worst possible picture of the Beatles. So who knows.

Once you go Macca, you never go bacca.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 06:32 PM   #16
beatlebangs1964

Perhaps with that kind of thing, it's just best to let it be.

Since we all feel pretty much the same way about tabloids, I still don't see how dissing Heather on these boards is any different. I agree with Harry - I for one think it is mean to slag her off and now, while she is going through a divorce seems an especially inopportune time. She is not a bad person -- all right, perhaps many disagree with whatever decisions she's made in the past, but so be it. I think it's time to stop throwing stones. Again, this is not directed towards any individual. This is just a general statement.

Old Jun 14, 2006, 06:36 PM   #17
Lynner

Closing this one and asking that folks continue on in the topic dedicated to Heather. Thanks!

Last edited by Lynner : Jun 14, 2006 at 06:36 PM. Reason: typos!
Closed Thread