BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Closed Thread

Old Oct 31, 2007, 08:40 AM   #141
Hari's Chick

If Paul wanted to be a bit of a gentleman, he should step up to the plate and tell his fans and the press to stop dogging Heather and to give her a break. Heather being in this state cannot be good for their daughter, and I'd hope Paul would find it worth it in the broader picture to come to Heather's rescue a bit here. He has the power to change the situation, as I see it, and he is the only one who does.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 09:32 AM   #142
I am the Paulrus
Bulldog

Watch the Heather Mills interview from GMTV here:
http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=24657
Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:59 AM   #143
BrazilianFlag
Bulldog

Re: GMTV show, a side note - comparing yourself to Princess Diana does not win you any points, really.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 12:16 PM   #144
Legs
Sun King

I don't think she was comparing herself to the likes of Princes Diana, she is refering to the way the press are treating her and others.

As for Paul coming to rescue her, I don't agree that there is anything he can do. I don't think there is more that he can do, since press and fans won't listen anyway.I don't think it's fair to demand that Paul should do more to protect Heather. I think Heather herself can do a lot more to prevent the press from coming after her, like staying away from t.v. shows, takeing the money Paul is offer her and be done with the divorce already.

Last edited by Legs : Oct 31, 2007 at 12:17 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 01:02 PM   #145
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy

I have to say her little impersonation of Paul walking into court cracked me up!
Old Oct 31, 2007, 01:42 PM   #146
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legs View Post
As for Paul coming to rescue her, I don't agree that there is anything he can do. I don't think there is more that he can do, since press and fans won't listen anyway.I don't think it's fair to demand that Paul should do more to protect Heather. I think Heather herself can do a lot more to prevent the press from coming after her, like staying away from t.v. shows, takeing the money Paul is offer her and be done with the divorce already.
Do you think it is fair to expect her to absorb all the press flings her way and not say a word in her own defense? I think that is an unfair expectation. And I do think Paul's fans would listen if he asked them to stop, I do. Maybe not *all* fans, of course, but many would. They need to produce a united front because ultimately, splintered or not, they are family.

I love Heather. She may be my very fave of all the Beatle wives. But she is spunky and raw honest so that puts most people off.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 01:43 PM   #147
Hari's Chick

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
I have to say her little impersonation of Paul walking into court cracked me up!

That was great!
Old Oct 31, 2007, 02:07 PM   #148
Legs
Sun King

Paul already asked fans and press to stop, I don't know on how many different ocasions. I am not saying that Heather should not say a word in her defense, but the way she does it and what she says and does, doesn't help matters.

As for favourite beatle wifes, I guess I don't care enough to have favourites. I don't really think in terms of favourites anyhow. But I quess I like Olivia,Pattie Linda, Jane, Barbara and Yoko better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari's Chick View Post
Do you think it is fair to expect her to absorb all the press flings her way and not say a word in her own defense? I think that is an unfair expectation. And I do think Paul's fans would listen if he asked them to stop, I do. Maybe not *all* fans, of course, but many would. They need to produce a united front because ultimately, splintered or not, they are family.

I love Heather. She may be my very fave of all the Beatle wives. But she is spunky and raw honest so that puts most people off.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 02:20 PM   #149
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

Quote:
Do you think it is fair to expect her to absorb all the press flings her way and not say a word in her own defense?
Oh heck no, she has the right to say anything in her own defense that she wants. But if you go on national TV and scream and yell and cry, you're conducting your own personal life in public, so you can't really expect the media to respect your privacy if it doesn't look like YOU respect it.

Not saying that's fair or right, but it's kinda the way it is. A lower profile might do her wonders.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 02:22 PM   #150
VersusBatman
Sun King

Quote:
Paul already asked fans and press to stop, I don't know on how many different ocasions. I am not saying that Heather should not say a word in her defense, but the way she does it and what she says and does, doesn't help matters.
I looked around the internet and it's not just Paul fans saying mean things about Heather. What more can Paul do to stop watercooler talk?

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
Old Oct 31, 2007, 02:23 PM   #151
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellevart View Post
Oh heck no, she has the right to say anything in her own defense that she wants. But if you go on national TV and scream and yell and cry, you're conducting your own personal life in public, so you can't really expect the media to respect your privacy if it doesn't look like YOU respect it.

Not saying that's fair or right, but it's kinda the way it is. A lower profile might do her wonders.
... but she didn't scream or yell? She shed a few frustrated tears... I think that's allowable? It's honest...?

She was in the public eye before Paul, for her charity work. I hope she continues to do all that. She was the one fighting for the dog and cat fur trades to stop (more than any other celebrity). Gotta love her for that.

Last edited by Hari's Chick : Oct 31, 2007 at 02:24 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 02:27 PM   #152
VersusBatman
Sun King

Quote:
She was in the public eye before Paul
Really? I had no clue who she was until she married Paul.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
Old Oct 31, 2007, 02:27 PM   #153
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersusBatman View Post
I looked around the internet and it's not just Paul fans saying mean things about Heather. What more can Paul do to stop watercooler talk?

Maybe I missed his efforts, but I have not really read a lot from Paul saying to back off Heather. They could be photographed together, acting friendly... visuals help people sometimes. I dunno.

He has not done much, imo. I love Paul, and I hold him up as a class act, which is why I feel he could do more.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 02:29 PM   #154
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersusBatman View Post
Really? I had no clue who she was until she married Paul.
Yeah, they even met where she was at a function as a guest speaker on disability, I believe? She was animal rights, disability rights, all that... before Paul, yeah.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 02:32 PM   #155
VersusBatman
Sun King

Quote:
I love Paul, and I hold him up as a class act, which is why I feel he could do more.
Like what? How would he be able to stop people sitting around the office or coffee shops taliking about Heather? He could post something in the newspapers or online, but in the end people still have free agency to do as they please.

Old Oct 31, 2007, 02:46 PM   #156
Legs
Sun King

Quote:
Yeah, they even met where she was at a function as a guest speaker on disability, I believe? She was animal rights, disability rights, all that... before Paul, yeah.
That was at an anti land mines convention. I don't think she was involved with animal rights at all before she met Paul. Not that it all really matters.

If you got to love Heather for what she did regarding dog furr you certainly got to love Paul for what he does for animal rights, protecting the enviroment and lots of other activities.

And I do think that Paul does the best he can under the circumstance, what do you expect of him during a divorce. He hasn't spoke out against Heather, he asked fans to not say anything bad etc.

Last edited by Legs : Oct 31, 2007 at 02:46 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 04:05 PM   #157
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Quote:
And I do think that Paul does the best he can under the circumstance, what do you expect of him during a divorce. He hasn't spoke out against Heather, he asked fans to not say anything bad etc.
It is to his credit that he has not said anything negative about Heather. Divorce is usually traumatic and it is sad that Heather is under public scrutiny. I think both Hari's Chick and Legs have raised excellent points.

When a person is in a public position and speaks publicly, it is only natural that others will discuss that person and what they said. Others here have said that if Heather keeps a lower profile, her head below the parapet, so to speak perhaps that will make things go easier for her.

I saw the interview today and I thought it was sad yet understandable that she has reached the level of frustration that she has. The press has been a right bastard to her and legally she cannot discuss her case.

Until I have traveled a mile down her long and winding road, I don't feel I am in any position to judge her. I am not saying that anybody else has; I am just keeping it to me and how I feel.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Oct 31, 2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 08:11 PM   #158
hibgal
Sun King

The best thing Heather could do is stop listening to her sister! It's pretty clear that Fiona hates Paul. If Heather behaves badly at times, Fiona is sure to make it worse. Nothing Paul can do (even if willing and why he should be willing to speak up for somebody that wants to squeeze money out of him is something I'll never understand) will ever combat all the negative Fiona does. "My sister cried her eyes out" Heather said and obviously made Heather feel she had to take on the world again. I'm not surprised the woman's under strain but far from all of it is put their either by Paul, the divorce or the media.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 08:24 PM   #159
Esmirelda
Sun King

Heather's point of view in video:

http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=24657

Another one:
http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?t...nnel=174424221
Old Nov 01, 2007, 02:04 AM   #160
BrazilianFlag
Bulldog

Quote:
I don't think she was comparing herself to the likes of Princes Diana, she is refering to the way the press are treating her and others.
You're right, Legs. But the word "Diana" is a trouble magnet in that island. Especially if you are complaining about the press heat. People tend to make the comparison and it's impossible to win the argument, even if you have a point - and I'll concede she had, on what concerns the press.
Closed Thread