BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products



Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 06, 2006, 04:39 AM   #61
FPSHOT
Sun King
 
FPSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04, 2000
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 31,563



Default

Nah....try again Pinky...
__________________
"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by Nature"
- George Harrison


FPSHOT is offline  
Old Jun 06, 2006, 04:45 AM   #62
FPSHOT
Sun King
 
FPSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04, 2000
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 31,563



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMVNipper
A small follow-up to the story, btw. I should point out that the "yeah, right" comment was in the article, it is not an editorial comment by me.
Thanks for the edit...oops....additon , Nipper
__________________
"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by Nature"
- George Harrison



Last edited by FPSHOT : Jun 06, 2006 at 04:46 AM.
FPSHOT is offline  
Old Jun 06, 2006, 04:48 AM   #63
Lynner
Moderator
 
Lynner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 13, 2001
Location: Elmwood Park, IL USA
Posts: 12,505



Default

Looks like this is going to be one we all will never agree on this topic - or on Heather, but let's try to stick to the topic. I know we all have strong opinions(cuz we keep voicing them! ) but let's keep our disagreements to the topics and not to the posters' themselves.
Lynner is offline  
Old Jun 06, 2006, 05:01 AM   #64
HMVNipper
Sun King
 
HMVNipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 26, 2001
Location: New York City, USA
Posts: 11,672

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper
Default

I will not have anyone tell me that I'm not a fan of Paul's after thirty-one years. I care very much about Paul, more than anyone here even realizes, and it pains me and makes me ashamed for him that he has to go through this stuff at the mercy of a liar and con-artist that he, unfortunately, married. Linda is spinning in her grave.

As for Paul's "request," it was directed at the press, not the fans. Like he thought the press would listen...gimme a break. I highly doubt he's so naive that he really believes his fans are not talking about this or that he would fault us for doing so.
__________________
"And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in all the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual." - John Steinbeck

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." - Anais Nin

Last edited by HMVNipper : Jun 06, 2006 at 05:12 AM.
HMVNipper is offline  
Old Jun 06, 2006, 05:47 AM   #65
twovirgins
Sun King
 
twovirgins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 11, 2004
Posts: 6,083

Default

im spinning in my grave
__________________
War is over if you want it
twovirgins is offline  
Old Jun 06, 2006, 05:55 AM   #66
twovirgins
Sun King
 
twovirgins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 11, 2004
Posts: 6,083

Default

May 20, 2006 -- Paul McCartney.com

A MESSAGE FROM PAUL

One of the worst aspects of going through what Heather and I are currently going through is the malicious spreading of rumours and made up facts that is happening in some areas of the media.

The best help people can be to us is to not believe these stories and ignore the painful articles that we are having to endure. Our colleagues are doing their best to help us. We are all finding this aspect of these very difficult times most disturbing.

Your support in this would be much appreciated.
__________________
War is over if you want it
twovirgins is offline  
Old Jun 06, 2006, 05:58 AM   #67
Georgie Girl
Sun King
 
Georgie Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 31, 2005
Location: Sinkhole, Texas
Posts: 17,132

Default



"I never said she was a saint!"




"It's okay, darling, we'll
get you canonnized yet!"
__________________

The west is
the best.
Georgie Girl is offline  
Old Jun 06, 2006, 06:02 AM   #68
Magill
Sun King
 
Magill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 02, 2002
Location: Back to where I once belonged
Posts: 13,597

Default

Thanks for the levity, GG.
__________________
That WAS you buzzin'! You naughty boy!
Magill is offline  
Old Jun 06, 2006, 06:08 AM   #69
Georgie Girl
Sun King
 
Georgie Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 31, 2005
Location: Sinkhole, Texas
Posts: 17,132

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magill
Thanks for the levity, GG.
You're welcome!
Time for a smile, said I.
__________________

The west is
the best.
Georgie Girl is offline  
Old Jun 06, 2006, 06:54 AM   #70
Hari's Chick
Moderator
 
Hari's Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 11, 2002
Posts: 13,049


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magill
Uh-oh. *WHOOOOSH!* It seems you missed my point, altogether. When one is faced with no-other-option, really they have not explored the many-other- options. Which, really, she had. Like, I hear that McDonald's is an equal opportunity employer. Looks to me as though she likes to super-size things.
I completely disagree here. For one thing, many prostitutes come into that way of life before they are of 'hiring age' by McDonalds. But I am glad (honestly, no sarcasm intended) that you have never been in or seen lives where this is necessary.

Also, people who think McDonald's can support them (and maybe their kids) while they drive their suv's to drop Johnny off at a suburban daycare filled with enrichment activities are not living in a true poverty stricken situation. Life is not always so rosey. I could give heaps of real life examples, but it would be off topic.

And as an aside, I see more wrong with cutting down the rainforest and killing cows to support McDonalds than in posing for a magazine which every part is consensual.
__________________
Hari's Chick is offline  
Old Jun 06, 2006, 06:58 AM   #71
FPSHOT
Sun King
 
FPSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04, 2000
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 31,563



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMVNipper
As for Paul's "request," it was directed at the press, not the fans. Like he thought the press would listen...gimme a break. I highly doubt he's so naive that he really believes his fans are not talking about this or that he would fault us for doing so.
One can talk.....and one can talk....

Paul ...and let's not forget Heather...will understand there is talk about this...but there are many ways to talk....
__________________
"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by Nature"
- George Harrison


FPSHOT is offline  
Old Jun 06, 2006, 07:43 AM   #72
Hari's Chick
Moderator
 
Hari's Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 11, 2002
Posts: 13,049


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magill
Uh-oh. *WHOOOOSH!* It seems you missed my point, altogether.
Oh, I forgot to say, it wasn't that I missed your point... I just could not follow the logic because it was contradictory. You proposed two opposing tautological statements as support for your position. That's where you lost me..
__________________
Hari's Chick is offline  
Old Jun 06, 2006, 08:01 AM   #73
FPSHOT
Sun King
 
FPSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04, 2000
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 31,563



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynner
Looks like this is going to be one we all will never agree on this topic - or on Heather, but let's try to stick to the topic.
The topic...I think I lost what it is about to be honest...."Bash #9"?
__________________
"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by Nature"
- George Harrison


FPSHOT is offline  
Old Jun 06, 2006, 08:58 AM   #74
MonaMe577
Bulldog
 
MonaMe577's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 23, 2002
Location: California
Posts: 2,128
Default

So basically, if anyone says anything--ANYTHING--other than, "Oh, poor Paul and Heather, I wish them both the best," then it's considering bashing? 300 posts of the exact same message...what a boring thread that would be.

Look, not everyone here likes Heather, and some are more vocal about it than others. The former Lady Mccartney has been caught in a lie, and while none of us can say exactly why she told it in the first place, people are going to have opinions--opinions which they have every right to express. I haven't read anything particularly vicious or unfounded in this thread (and I hope it stays that way!) But simply expressing a negative opinion, saying something like "Heather lied and lying is wrong; therefore, Heather is wrong," isn't bashing, and I hope that's not what's being implied.

Besides, doesn't it make for a much more interesting discussion, all these varied opinions? That's what makes this board so great: we DON"T all think the same way. Vive la difference!
__________________


"They're just a passing phase, symptoms of the uncertainty of the times and the confusion about us. I hope, when they get older, they'll get a haircut." -- Billy Graham, on the Beatles
MonaMe577 is offline  
Old Jun 06, 2006, 09:05 AM   #75
twovirgins
Sun King
 
twovirgins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 11, 2004
Posts: 6,083

Default

yeah diversity is a good thing, and no ones opinions are better than anyone elses good point Mona.We are all equals here
__________________
War is over if you want it
twovirgins is offline  
Old Jun 06, 2006, 09:20 AM   #76
beatlegirl9977
Sgt. Pepper
 
beatlegirl9977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 23, 2001
Posts: 4,783

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaMe577
So basically, if anyone says anything--ANYTHING--other than, "Oh, poor Paul and Heather, I wish them both the best," then it's considering bashing? 300 posts of the exact same message...what a boring thread that would be.
Makes sense to me!
beatlegirl9977 is offline  
Old Jun 06, 2006, 09:26 AM   #77
Harry
Nowhere Man
 
Join Date: May 13, 2006
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twovirgins
yeah diversity is a good thing, and no ones opinions are better than anyone elses good point Mona.We are all equals here
I agree however there are ways of saying things, some of the posts seem particularly spiteful.
__________________
Maturity is knowing when to be immature.
Harry is offline  
Old Jun 06, 2006, 09:45 AM   #78
Asha
Sun King
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2004
Posts: 30,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaMe577
Look, not everyone here likes Heather, and some are more vocal about it than others. The former Lady Mccartney has been caught in a lie, and while none of us can say exactly why she told it in the first place, people are going to have opinions--opinions which they have every right to express. I haven't read anything particularly vicious or unfounded in this thread (and I hope it stays that way!) But simply expressing a negative opinion, saying something like "Heather lied and lying is wrong; therefore, Heather is wrong," isn't bashing, and I hope that's not what's being implied.
It's true that not everyone here likes Heather. In fact, probably more than you know because as you did point out, many of us are not very vocal about it. I for one could agree with so much that's been said here & I actually made a bet that it wouldn't last more than so many years, etc, too. The reason I'm not more vocal about it is because Paul asked that we give them their peace. & for that reason, I've been trying to let it be.

As for Heather lying or whatever... All I can honestly say is, while it may very well be true that she lied or whatever, I can't say it first hand. I mean, she's never told me a lie, personally. Therefore I have to go on things based on what she has said. Not things that are written about her or she's quoted as saying in print... but what she actually says (for example "Larry King", etc where I actually see & hear her say it.) Believe me, I've been able to form my own opinion of her just by her actions & statements on TV.

As for the rest, I take everything with a grain of salt. This just comes from years of reading about famous people & actually knowing some of the people the press writes about. I can say first hand that the press twists so much. This is well known & I'm fine with it. Just know that, recognize it & accept it. I'm not saying the press is lying... but as I've said in this forum before, there is always more to the story than we know.

Meanwhile, it's fine to discuss this if you want. Everyone is different & can do whatever they want. But some posts do come across as though people are enjoying it & all the speculation & sitting on the edge of your seat hoping it will get ugly, is more like gossip. These threads have a commonality where if you just wish them well, you're sort of "ignored" & the gossip & speculation continues. So it's not really a discussion if that makes sense.

I may not like Heather, but I don't wish her misery in anyway. If I say that, I'm considered a "fan" of hers. It's not that I'm a fan. I just care about people in general & having seen things from the celebrity side, I feel for them. I just care enough about Paul & respect his request that I don't feel right fueling the gossip side of it, if that makes sense. I would love this to be a discussion... I just don't see it as being one for the most part.

Just my opinion. Not pointing fingers, attacking or anything else.

Peace
Asha is offline  
Old Jun 06, 2006, 09:48 AM   #79
Harry
Nowhere Man
 
Join Date: May 13, 2006
Posts: 253
Default

Hoorah for Asha! Well said young lady!
__________________
Maturity is knowing when to be immature.
Harry is offline  
Old Jun 06, 2006, 09:58 AM   #80
FPSHOT
Sun King
 
FPSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04, 2000
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 31,563



Default

Nice one Asha
__________________
"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by Nature"
- George Harrison


FPSHOT is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Advertisements

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Features
Search Links

  Advanced Search
Category Jump



BeatleMail

FREE E-MAIL
@ BEATLEMAIL.COM


Username


Password




New User Sign-Up!
Lost Password?
Beatles History




Donate
The costs of running our database and discussion forum are steadily rising. Any help we receive is greatly appreciated. Click HERE for more information about donating to BeatleLinks.
Extras
» Chat Room
» Current News
» Monthly Contest
» Interviews Database
» Random Site
» Banner Exchange
» F.A.Q.
» Advertise
» Credits
» Legal
» Contact Us
Copyright © 2000-2020 BeatleLinks
All Rights Reserved