BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Old May 07, 2006, 01:46 AM   #1
liverpool-lad
Nowhere Man

Default paul split rumours

Anything in this

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html
liverpool-lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2006, 03:32 AM   #2
Harb83
Co-Admin Geezer

It's also in the News of the World

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/stor...ws/news1.shtml
Harb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2006, 05:48 AM   #3
Lynner

Oh yeah, those are really reliable sources.
Lynner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2006, 07:00 AM   #4
Harb83
Co-Admin Geezer

*laughs* If it's in a tabloid then it's got to be true!

Oh look, martians have landed, Elvis is alive and Posh Spice is a really talented singer...

Oh, and Britney Spears is still a virgin.

Last edited by Harb83 : May 07, 2006 at 07:01 AM.
Harb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2006, 08:12 AM   #5
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

Actually...though I realize these articles are from tabloids and so I will wait for further info in more "reliable" publications, one has to consider that when more than one tabloid is reporting this kind of thing, chances are there is some modicum of truth to it. Not that it is necessarily as bad as they are saying, mind you, but when several tabloids glom onto a story like this one, even when they don't reveal their "sources," there's got to be some kind of veracity, however minimal.

Just remember how many other tabloids printed articles like these about other celebrities for months, even years, and then it turned out to be very much the truth -- e.g., Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston, Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, Angelina Jolie and every pre-Brad paramour, and even the latest bash-ups like Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards and Heather Locklear and Richie Sambora. On average, tabloids seem to report these kinds marital problems 4-7 months before the papers are actually filed.

I sincerely hope that these rumors are untrue, but let's just say that if they eventually turn out not to be I will not be terribly surprised.
"And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in all the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual." - John Steinbeck

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." - Anais Nin
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2006, 08:48 AM   #6
BeatlesFan4life
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMVNipper
Actually...though I realize these articles are from tabloids and so I will wait for further info in more "reliable" publications, one has to consider that when more than one tabloid is reporting this kind of thing, chances are there is some modicum of truth to it. Not that it is necessarily as bad as they are saying, mind you, but when several tabloids glom onto a story like this one, even when they don't reveal their "sources," there's got to be some kind of veracity, however minimal.

Just remember how many other tabloids printed articles like these about other celebrities for months, even years, and then it turned out to be very much the truth -- e.g., Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston, Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, Angelina Jolie and every pre-Brad paramour, and even the latest bash-ups like Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards and Heather Locklear and Richie Sambora. On average, tabloids seem to report these kinds marital problems 4-7 months before the papers are actually filed.

I sincerely hope that these rumors are untrue, but let's just say that if they eventually turn out not to be I will not be terribly surprised.
I agree with HMVNipper about the rumor of paul mccartney's marriage being ruined. I think that the rumors are not true.
BeatlesFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2006, 11:24 AM   #7
Zimmerman The Gnome
Sun King

"Yesterday a friend of the couple told us: "The marriage is definitely in difficulties. They've had one hell of a barney".

Great Journalism as ever!
Old May 07, 2006, 12:17 PM   #8
.Psychedelic.Stars.
Taxman

Hah. I don't know what to think.
Old May 07, 2006, 12:18 PM   #9
Georgie Girl
Sun King

They don't have to prove that the split is truth, only that
someone said it. That's their defense against libel.

Personally, I don't believe that Tom and Katie have even met.

The west is
the best.
Georgie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2006, 12:21 PM   #10
Zimmerman The Gnome
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie Girl

Personally, I don't believe that Tom and Katie have even met.
Haha!
Old May 07, 2006, 01:11 PM   #11
Magill
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMVNipper
My thoughts exactly. Laugh if you will at the tabloids, but a lot of times they are the first ones with the facts. Errrmm...not that I actually read such rubbish...
Old May 07, 2006, 01:34 PM   #12
Georgie Girl
Sun King

We just like to look at the pictures! No, really!

The west is
the best.
Old May 07, 2006, 07:42 PM   #13
erinluv182
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to erinluv182

I really hope that this all isn't true. If it is, Heather might be in line to be more disliked than she already is.

Once you go Macca, you never go bacca.
erinluv182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2006, 09:00 PM   #14
beatlelover45223

here's a link for what Contact Music had posted

http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed....age_07_05_2006

and the article:
SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY'S wife HEATHER has hit back at media reports the couple's marriage is in trouble, branding the rumours "total rubbish". The former model is furious with reports she and the former BEATLE are living apart, claiming she is merely resting after having surgery on her partly-amputated left leg five weeks ago (APR06). The animal rights activist claims the media started the rumours after she refused to allow pictures to be taken of her until she recovers from the surgery. She says, "Paul and I are very much together. We will one hundred percent sue on this because it is total rubbish. "Someone has put a contract on me to get a picture, which is quite sick. I have been called by one of the paparazzi guys who said that they called Paul and said if you give me a picture of her we won't chase her but if she doesn't we will. That is sick. "I am keeping my head down until I can recover properly because I don't want to give them a picture. "Paul and I are together one hundred percent. I will see him soon - I see him all the time. I can't wait to sue because I will make a fortune for my charity."
07/05/2006 14:24

I do hope that this is not the way Heather worded anything
re: her and Paul's marriage, sounds kind of "dumb" as presented.

~ Nancy ~
beatlelover45223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2006, 10:20 PM   #15
angelababy
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Actually...though I realize these articles are from tabloids and so I will wait for further info in more "reliable" publications, one has to consider that when more than one tabloid is reporting this kind of thing, chances are there is some modicum of truth to it.
Only one tabloid has glommed onto, though: the News of the World. Heather did her interview with the Sunday People. Any other online articles have all quoted the News of the World.

Quote:
Just remember how many other tabloids printed articles like these about other celebrities for months, even years, and then it turned out to be very much the truth -- e.g., Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston, Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, Angelina Jolie and every pre-Brad paramour,
That's the problem, though, they printed them for years until they became true. With the divorce rate as it is, if you took a group of your friends and predicted for years that they would break up then odds are you'd be right in several incidents. It doesn't involve actual truth or observance on your part, it's just the law of averages. It's even more true for celebrities. It didn't take a genius to guess that Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob or Charlie and Denise would break up, for example. Or any of the above people, really. I could predict now that Angelina and Brad, "there's trouble in paradise!" I have no way of knowing but do I get something if in 5 years they do break up? The tabloids have predicted the same for several other couples who as of yet are still married, but no one remembers those because people only remember "accurate" predictions (that's why fake psychics make so much money). The tabs had Paul and Heather fighting before the wedding and saying that they wouldn't get married...lo and behold they did.

I remember how, for at least ten years, the American tabloids talked about Katharine Hepburn's "brave last days" and how she was dying...ten years before she actually did. It's quite clear the tabloids had no information aside from the fact that Hepburn was old and had to die sometime, so they predicted it over and over again until it was true. Johnny Carson got the same deal, Loretta Lynn is getting it now. They've been doing it for 15 years with Annette Funicello and she hasn't kicked the bucket yet.

To be fair, I think the report is true in that I'm sure they had an argument. In fact, I bet they've had several. Even Paul and Linda had arguments. There was an account in some book, maybe from Angie McCartney, who said that once she called the house and one of the kids picked up. She asked where Paul and Linda were and she got the answer, "Oh, they're out in the field arguing." Paul then drove up to Liverpool to visit his dad and calm down. Quite frankly, I think that's the best way you can have an argument when you're married: get it away from the kids, and if need be go off separately for a little while and cool down.

If Heather doesn't want to say, "yeah, we had a barney," then I completely understand, because they're not obligated to notify the press everytime they, as a married couple, argue. Every married couple who argues is not on the verge of divorce (it's often the other way around). I have no reason to disbelieve the other details of Heather's story, because we know from other reports from last month that she and Paul were in Los Angeles, that she just had surgery, and that they just got back to Britain (reports had Paul touring the Cirque de Soleil facilities last week). So I more likely believe her story that she's been in Hove only since the weekend and not since last week. The tabloid's anonymous reports of "well, we saw Heather at a bank but didn't see Paul with her!" seem like tenuous evidence at best: running errands without a spouse is grounds for suspicion? Plus I'm sure Paul is perfectly capable of going to his own house without alerting the greater community, so no "sightings" of him seem like grasping at straws. I remember being surprised when Paul said after Linda's death that they had used helicopters to transport her at times; if he can use choppers in New York City without it getting out I think he can manage to get to a house.

As for the News of the World's rebuttal of why Heather would use the Hove house which would be easier to attract photographers while the Peasmarsh house is secluded: there may be all sorts of reasons. The Hove house was Heather's before Paul's and is smaller, so it may be easier for her to get around and may have been adapted already for disabled use (which a large country farmhouse may not have been). Maybe it's nice weather at the moment and she wants to be near the ocean, maybe she wants to be closer to her sister (who is also her personal assistant). Maybe it was a simple as: Heather needed help with Beatrice during her recovery, but Paul had business he needed to do in London, so Heather decided to go to their beachhouse for the weekend because her sister could help her with the baby. I know if it were me, I wouldn't want to ask my sister to pack up and stay at a house an hour's drive away when I could just stay in a perfectly good house that I own around the corner from her. I would presume the McCartneys keep their own stuff at their Hove house and thus probably don't need to pack a lot, and Heather could call Fiona and have her come over in five minutes if she needed her - without Fiona having to be away from her own home. Maybe there's something in Hove (stores, doctor, rehab, medical care) that Heather needs and so she wants to be closer to a city with a minimum of travel) instead of in the country. Or it may be as simple as Heather said: she wanted to avoid the paparrazzi. If she knew someone was stalking out their haunts in Peasmarsh it would make sense that she would feel safer in Hove to throw them off the trail: she could have gone to London, too, which is even more of a photographer's territory, but as long as they don't know she's there, she can avoid them. Paul had three years' experience avoid the paps when Linda was ill and they hardly ever got a photo of her.

ETA: Looks the NoTW report inspired a pap to get a photo of Heather on crutches walking to her car in today's Sun.

Last edited by angelababy : May 07, 2006 at 10:49 PM. Reason: more info
angelababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 08, 2006, 03:18 AM   #16
Siobhan
Old Brown Shoe

So suddenly having an argument or spending a couple of days away from your spouse, for whatever reason, means you have to be splitting up or getting a divorce. Hmm, I must tell my husband

As far as I know the News of the World is the only tabloid runing this story, the others are just publishing Heather's denial. Anything printed in TNOTW should be taken with a huge pinch of salt.
Old May 08, 2006, 05:39 AM   #17
Georgie Girl
Sun King

Welcome to Beatlelinks, BTW, Angelababy!

Your first post was a doozy, hope there will be more!

The west is
the best.
Old May 08, 2006, 06:23 AM   #18
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

I always wonder who these so-called "close friends" are who are constantly leaking these types of rumours to the media? If they're actually good buddies of theirs, you'd think they'd let the celebrities release a statement when they were ready instead of spreading around stories? Hope Paul and Heather are still very happy together, and this'll be the last we hear of these rumours.
Old May 08, 2006, 07:45 AM   #19
Zimmerman The Gnome
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzymissLizzy909
I always wonder who these so-called "close friends" are who are constantly leaking these types of rumours to the media.

Its just a phrase they use when making stuff up and have no direct quote from someone.
Old May 08, 2006, 07:46 AM   #20
Cream Tangerine
Dr. Robert

Interesting. Since I can't get piccies of the woman on a wheelchair I'll look for the next best thing that'll sell... YES! Tell the world they're splitting up! That ought to sell us some copies even if its a load of bunk!
British tabloids... Ugh. Disgusting.