BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Here, There & Everywhere

Closed Thread

Old Mar 17, 2003, 05:37 AM   #1
Harb83
Co-Admin Geezer

Default War Is Imminent...

Well, it's less than 3 hours before war will be declared on Iraq.

Blair and Bush will be going ahead despite not having the backing of the UN. This is making a mockery of what they were set up for in the first place. The war will NOT be justified and is therefore illegal.

But can we see Bush and Blair brought up for war crimes? After all, they are ordering the slaughtering of the innocence without the go-ahead from the people who have the final say.

If the evidence against Saddam was go fantastically conclusive, howcome it hasn't managed to persuade the UN into giving justification towards it?

Saddam has even shown that he is willing to disarm! Those small missiles (that only barely broke the missile fly limits) are in the process of being disarmed. Some may think that George was trying to weaken Saddam before going in?

It's all very scary stuff, and without UN backing then Bush and Blair can be seen as nothing more than war criminals. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Let's pray that the final hour is productive in a pacifistical way.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 07:33 AM   #2
jtal909
Sun King

Default Re: War Is Imminent...

Saddam has been giving up only enough to keep this charade going. there is not one country who does not believe that he is not hiding his arsenal. It would take years to flush out these weapons, and in the interim, could make their way into belligerent hands. Saddam is not giving them up like he agreed to in the first Gulf War treaty.
Unfortunately, it is going to take a war to show his true intentions.
He has already threatened terrorism all over the world.
If the UN had stood together on disarming him, it might have worked, rather than encourage him to spin his web of lies and deceit.

I really am not pro war, but it is so plain to me that Saddam has to go, for the future of world peace. I don't have the answers but I stand behind the President's decisions for national and international security.

[size="1"][ Mar 17, 2003, 07:41 AM: Message Edited By: jtal909 ][/size]
Old Mar 17, 2003, 07:43 AM   #3
Tim
Sgt. Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted By jtal909:
[QB
I really am not pro war, but it is so plain to me that Saddahm has to go, for the future of world peace. I don't have the answers but I stand behind the President's decisions for national and international security.[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I don't.
I see an Islamic Republic. backed by Iran and al-Qaeda, teh truks and varied other Iraqi groups committing genocide on teh Kurds (every time the USA intervenes in Iraq the Kurds get slaughtered),
Osama getting more of what he wants (a destabilzed region), Isreal destroyed, tons of US soldiers getting killed (the Iraqi CITIZENS have sworn to kill American servicemen--including those who hate and wish to see Saddam out).
Bush is worse than even Caligula.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 11:40 AM   #4
leonardobeat
Dr. Robert

Send a message via MSN to leonardobeat

Just another sad day.

When I think of war, I don't think of Saddam or Bush and his two little doggies (you know what I mean).

I think of all those parents who will lost their childrens and all those childrens who will lost their parents. All these people who will lost their jobs in all the world.
I wonder who wins when there are a war?

I want someone to come and tell me that the war is necessary.

Today is Iraq, what about tomorrow?
Old Mar 17, 2003, 01:32 PM   #5
Rocky Rabbit
Nowhere Man

I am not pro-war in any situation but the bottom line is Saddam Hussein needs dealt with now and has been getting away with murder for far too long.
Tim, sorry but your points are just the extreme that could happen(Very Extreme in some points) and can only be said to be speculation and scare mongering.War is never good but is sometimes neccessary!
Old Mar 17, 2003, 02:26 PM   #6
Harb83
Co-Admin Geezer

Apparently, during the Gulf war, Saddam's army didn't kill a single soldier. All casualities were the Americans and friendly-fire.

That's what I was told. Don't know if it's true though.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 02:31 PM   #7
Rocky Rabbit
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted By Harbidge:
Apparently, during the Gulf war, Saddam's army didn't kill a single soldier. All casualities were the Americans and friendly-fire.

That's what I was told. Don't know if it's true though.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Yes I'm sure that is true.The only casualities I remember there being was from so called friendly fire.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 05:11 PM   #8
Darkaardvark
Day Tripper

He is talking now..
Old Mar 17, 2003, 05:26 PM   #9
Maggie Mae
Mr. Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted By Harbidge:
Well, it's less than 3 hours before war will be declared on Iraq.

Blair and Bush will be going ahead despite not having the backing of the UN. This is making a mockery of what they were set up for in the first place. The war will NOT be justified and is therefore illegal.

But can we see Bush and Blair brought up for war crimes? After all, they are ordering the slaughtering of the innocence without the go-ahead from the people who have the final say.

If the evidence against Saddam was go fantastically conclusive, howcome it hasn't managed to persuade the UN into giving justification towards it?

Saddam has even shown that he is willing to disarm! Those small missiles (that only barely broke the missile fly limits) are in the process of being disarmed. Some may think that George was trying to weaken Saddam before going in?

It's all very scary stuff, and without UN backing then Bush and Blair can be seen as nothing more than war criminals. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Let's pray that the final hour is productive in a pacifistical way.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I had a huge argument with a friend on the bus afterschool today about this very thing, only you've managed to say everything I wanted, but couldn't, say!

Can I print this off and show it to her?

I completely agree -- if the UN was so convinced of Saddam's guilt, they would have given the go-ahead ages ago. But they didn't, Bush and Blair got impatient and now they're going in no matter what anybody says. Granted, Hussein should have been deposed or whatever years ago. That still does not justify military action now.

But Bush and Blair will not go up on war crimes trials if they start this illegal war.

Why?

Don't get me started on the mockery this has become. It makes me sick to my stomach. All we can do is stand back and watch as this war goes on, with or without our support... .
Old Mar 17, 2003, 06:14 PM   #10
shyGirl
Sun King

Just to let everyone know, this will be the only topic that will be about the war. Any other topic that pertains to the war will be closed. And since this is of course a very sensitive subject and tempers will flare up, if it gets too out of hand and too hostile around here, I will not hesitate to close it.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 07:13 PM   #11
jtal909
Sun King

Saddam's disarming is a joke and an insult to the international community. whenever things got tough he managed to find some missle buried in the sand. He's made a fool of the UN, which is made up of countries that each have their own agenda, and that is why they could not agree on this issue which in turn gave Saddam the encouragement to play his little find the weapons games.
For crying out loud, Libya is in charge of human rights! What's up with that? Where is the credibility? that's what I want to know.

As much as all these liberal cliches' about how wrong it is to attack a regime that has refused to honor a cease fire agreement by building weapons of mass destruction, who has a history of hating the United States, and a history of associating with terrorists, and who will undoubtedly sell and instruct these weapons to terrorists, (not to mention the horrific human rights violations), are hard not to comment on, I don't believe I have anything more to say on the subject except can you imagine a 9/11 with germs and chemicals?
Old Mar 17, 2003, 07:31 PM   #12
leonardobeat
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted By jtal909:
Saddam's disarming is a joke and an insult to the international community.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">George's and Saddam's fight is an attack to their people and an attack to the human dignity.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 09:23 PM   #13
Prelly
Nowhere Man

Well he's giving saddam 48 hours to get out. I think thats good. they need a new leader who doesnt have rape rooms making parents watch their children being raped, or torcher chambers. they should be free. I think this war is good. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old Mar 17, 2003, 10:48 PM   #14
leonardobeat
Dr. Robert

I must be a moron because I can't understand all your reasons. [img]graemlins/thinker.gif[/img]

Hussein ignores what UN says. Bush wants to be the only one who does. He did it in fact. He doesen't care what the UN says unless they say "God bless America"

Hussein kills people in his country and Bush wants to do it in all the world, even if they are innocent.

How many people died in Afghanistan after S/11? How many innocents? The most, though.

These are my thoughts about George Bush:

"YOU KILLED THOUSAND OF INNOCENTS IN AFGHANISTAN BUT WHERE THE HECK IS BIN LADEN????"

"YOU'LL KILL MORE INNOCENTS THIS TIME IN IRAQ. I HOPE YOU DON'T EXCHANGE HUSSEIN'S FREEDOM FOR OIL"

"YOU ARE AN HYPOCRIT, YOU, WHO SAY THAT THE OTHER MONSTER IS A KILLER WHEN YOU ARE ONE TOO"

"YOU, WHO TALK ABOUT HUSSEIN'S WEAPONS WHEN YOURS ARE BIGGER"

"YOU WHO PRETEND BEING THE WORLD'S PROTECTOR WHEN YOU DESTROY THE WORLD'S ECONOMY WITH YOUR GAMES"

"YOU, WHO DIDN'T EVEN GET TO BE PRESIDENT WITHOUT THAT HELP FROM YOUR BROTHER IN FLORIDA"

"YOU, WHO WOULDN'T BE NOBODY IF YOU WEREN'T AN EX-PRESIDENT'S SON"

"YOU, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. YOU CAN DECEIVE YOUR PEOPLE BUT THE REST OF THE WORLD KNOWS YOU AS YOU REALLY ARE"

"ARE YOU ABLE TO SLEEP IN PEACE WHEN ALL THE WORLD IS WORRIED BECAUSE YOUR CAPRICES???"

Caitie, I'm surprised about you say that this is a good war. You obviously haven't childrens and you don't know what is like to be between a gun and the wall with any place to hide in, I dont know it either but at least I try to figured it out and I'm scared.
Old Mar 18, 2003, 01:57 AM   #15
anurag
Wild Honey Pie

Send a message via Yahoo to anurag

Give peace a chance. [img]graemlins/peace.gif[/img]
Old Mar 18, 2003, 03:34 AM   #16
BrazilianFlag
Bulldog

Bush might have all the reasons of the world to attack Iraq - Saddam Hussein is a criminal and must be dealt with for the world's sake - but making a fool of the UN and its inspectors is NOT the right way to do this.

This war is illegal. It might be for the right reasons (whatever they are), but is still illegal.

Can anyone inform me, please, if the first war against Iraq (Bush Snr.) was backed bty the UN? I can't remember that.
Old Mar 18, 2003, 04:07 AM   #17
IWantToTellYou
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to IWantToTellYou

What I do not understand about the Americans os why all of a sudden, they have a huge hate on again for Saddam?

Whatever happened to the "War On Terror"? I think that everyone was behind the US in that "war".

It seems that Bush gave a half-assed job in trying to find Osama Bin Laden, and now, he's tired of that game...It was too hard. Bush needs a better and more exciting game!

I totally disagree with what Bush and Blair are doing. If they go in (which they will) without the UN's consent, it'll make the world a worse place. It will give other countries ideas, that what the US and Britain are doing right. China can invade India, or Taiwan for instance...With not consent.

The UN is there because we want to treat every human being, as such, even if they are radical. It is not fair that they will be bombing innocent people to get their target.

This is not going to be good...For anyone.

I for one am so happy that I live in Canada...I think we are one of the best countries in the world. I love it here...And I am glad we are not going to war without the UN's consent!

Go Canada!
Old Mar 18, 2003, 04:36 AM   #18
L'Angelo Misterioso
Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted By BrazilianFlag:
Can anyone inform me, please, if the first war against Iraq (Bush Snr.) was backed bty the UN? I can't remember that.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Yes it was.
Old Mar 18, 2003, 04:37 AM   #19
Harb83
Co-Admin Geezer

jtal, Saddam may have made a "fool of the UN", but the whole business of it being set up was to justify conflicts in order to keep them legal. This is the same UN that don't fully believe that Saddam is hiding weapons of mass destruction.

I see the arguement that Saddam must be eliminated because he is a threat to his country and is killing members of his own population. Ermm.... Isn't that what Robert Mugabi is doing? He is currently starving his entire country (which may be considered mass genocide). Are George and Tony eliminating him? No! The biggest threat Tony could give them was to urge British cricketers not to play there for a world cup match.

I don't disagree that Saddam should go. He himself has proved that. However, by going into an unjustified war we are just meddling with another countries politics which I don't agree on. What would happen if (for instance) Japan didn't agree with Americas politics regarding execution? Would they line troops around Canada and Mexico and give George 48 hours to leave the country?

It's been 11 years since the Gulf. As someone said before, it's been peaceful up until George get's into office then suddenly saddam becomes a huge threat to world peace that must immediately be eliminated. If he's been building these weapons for so long, why didn't George Sr or Bill Clinton intervene?

I'm sorry, but the only evidence I've seen that Saddam is harbouring weapons of mass destruction were those illegal missiles that only just breached the borderline. And Saddam has destroyed over 70 of the 120 found in 2 weeks.

Don't think I'm taking Saddams side. I'm just a pacifist who's trying to look at both sides of an arguement here.

But until the UN give full backing to the war I will always view this as an illegal war and will therefore brand George and Tony as war criminals.

[size="1"][ Mar 18, 2003, 04:38 AM: Message Edited By: Harbidge ][/size]
Old Mar 18, 2003, 04:40 AM   #20
Harb83
Co-Admin Geezer

Oh, and Maggie, you can print out whatever you like [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread