BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Abbey Road

Closed Thread

Old Jun 09, 2002, 09:39 AM   #2
Sgt.McCartney
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to Sgt.McCartney
Default Re: free bootlegs 3 !!!

I WANT IT!
I WANT IT!

------------------
"If Hitler were alive today, the German girls wouldn't let him bomb London if the Beatles were there."
- Anonymous, date unknown
Old Jun 09, 2002, 10:18 AM   #3
biglou114
Bulldog

Send a message via AIM to biglou114

I Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed Bootlegs

------------------
I Just can't wait until the rerelease of AHDN on DVD
Old Jun 09, 2002, 01:07 PM   #4

People who want to be included in the mailing list, please send me a mail with your nickname and e-mail adress.
Make sure you understand the rules and check out the links please !! Read everything written, especially in the free boots 2 topic. I know it's a lot to read but it might help in the future when you will be able to get free Beatle-boots !! Aprox. 70 people all over the world already were succesfull and received free discs without even having to pay P&P.
http://www.bootlegzone.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=182

Alex

------------------

Old Jun 13, 2002, 08:23 AM   #5

There are now over 70 Titles available for the August give-away.
Fellow traders promised me to include over 70 more. That means this give-away will have a total amount of discs of over 150 !!
Still, I didn't receive much feedback from this forum's members.

If anyone has a question, feel free to drop me a line at:

mereal@home.nl

This is for real and absolutly free !!

Alex

------------------

Old Jun 13, 2002, 09:20 AM   #6
Jerry
Webmaster Of BeatleLinks

Send a message via AIM to Jerry

Well, maybe if you used our forum for something other than advertising you might get some more people interested. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's pretty much true.

------------------
Fearless Leader - BeatleLinks.net
Old Jun 13, 2002, 10:15 AM   #7

Well Jerry, I would not say this is an advertisement. I'm not trying to sell anything. But ok, I got the message. If you don't like these kind of messages posted on your forum, this will be my last concerning the give-away. I thought I was doing a good thing. It was and is, a huge succes on the forum I started this and I just thought why shouldn't this be done on another forum and let their members profit from it too.
I think you build a great site with lots of members and I don't want to do anything you don't want me to.
I wish you and all members lots of luck with this forum.

Stay healthy;

Alex

------------------

Old Jun 13, 2002, 10:27 AM   #8
Jerry
Webmaster Of BeatleLinks

Well, let's see. In 3 posts, all you did was try to get our users over to your forum. It doesn't matter if you're selling something or giving stuff away for free. Either way, they leave here and go to your forum - I'd call that an advertisement. I never said don't come back, we'd just like to see you contribute.

------------------
Old Jun 13, 2002, 10:46 AM   #9
Jerry
Webmaster Of BeatleLinks

I've added a few lines to the registration agreement...
http://www.beatlelinks.net/cgi-bin/u...i?action=agree

Hopefully, this won't come up again in the future.

------------------
Old Jun 13, 2002, 04:15 PM   #10

You're still talking about advestising, this means you do NOT want your members having a chance to get free boots. This is a sick thing to do. We're all in it for the music I think. This is a chance for someone who doesn't have a large boot list to get something he doesn't own. What kind of person are you Jerry and what do you want ??
Do you want to control everything or do you want your members getting a large boot collection ??
I just wanted to inform your members about the thing I'm doing which I think is great.
Again I would like to ask you a question, are you a human being ???
You being webmastering doesn't make you our or anybody's Lord.

By the way, it is not my Forum. It's just a great Forum and maybe you're jealous. The forum I talk about is where people come with serious questions. Not with games saying WHO AM I ?? and then asking for a song or name !! I'm still thankfull about the pic you gave me but I want you to remember; every Forum is existing because fans of the Beatles want to share important knowledge and want to be able to ask eachother questions about the group we love.

I still do love our guys (Beatles) and I want everyone to have a piece of the cake.
Don't spoil it Jerry !!!

------------------

[This Message Has Been Edited By alexwheely On June 13, 2002 04:25 PM]

Old Jun 13, 2002, 04:16 PM   #11
**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By alexwheely:
this will be my last concerning the give-away. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guess not.

------------------
NEWS FLASH:
I am the walrus. No really, I am.
Ultimate Beatle Board
Bandontherun's Beatles Page

Old Jun 13, 2002, 04:19 PM   #12
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes it sounds neat, but maybe he wouldn't be so mad if you posted relevant things in other topics. And he didn't say he's our Lord. But he's the leader of this place, so if you want to stay here, you'd better listen to him.

------------------
NEWS FLASH:
Ultimate Beatle Board

Old Jun 13, 2002, 04:28 PM   #13

to Bandontherun;

unbelievable you're saying this !!
Are you going to kick me out ???
Who do you think you are ??
I guess you didn't understand one word about what I'm trying to do, but iguess that's ok. Maybe you aren't smart enough.

------------------

[This Message Has Been Edited By alexwheely On June 13, 2002 04:30 PM]

Old Jun 13, 2002, 04:32 PM   #15
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

Alex, if you are here to make trouble, you'd better watch it.

Bandontherun didn't say ANYTHING out of line. You have been a "member" of this forum for one day. You have NO idea how it works, or you would not be arguing like this. Your posts are nothing but advertising for your own website, and unless you are planning to contribute in some other relevant way to the forums, this is not welcome. If you become a contributing member of our discussions, THEN you might be allowed to mention your own site and your giveaways with impunity, but to come here and do nothing but talk about yourself and your own website does not make ANY of us believe you are doing more than trying to lure people away from Beatlelinks.

Jerry is a VERY fair and thoughtful webmaster. But he's still in charge of this place, and he has rules by which all members must abide. And the moderators, myself included, will help him by defending these rules as well. If I were you, I'd stop arguing and start thinking about WHY we're all telling you that your posts smack of advertising.

Enough said.

------------------
Rooftop Sessions - The Finest In Beatles-Related Fiction. June 2002 Issue Now Up!

"O superb! O Manhattan, my own, my peerless! O strongest you in the hour of danger, in crisis! O truer than steel!" -- Walt Whitman
Old Jun 13, 2002, 04:34 PM   #16

What do you mean;'"what is this supposed to mean"

to: HMVNipper

I agree; Jerry is a great webmaster who takes care of his members. We had some E-mail conversation inwhich I asked for someting. We agreed. He's done his best by any means.

you wrote:
Alex, if you are here to make trouble, you'd better watch it.

How do you know I wanted to make trouble !
I you shortsighted or something ??
I just want every Beatle-fan to have a piece of the cake.
The only thing I did which wasn't nice was to take (through the links) you people to another forum. Which DOES NOT MEAN I wanted to take you there to stay. Jerry does a good thing and I do want him to keep up the good work. I think your response was just to stick some feathers. No webmaster will fall for that if he's honest !!
I feel like being treated like a criminal. I just had good intentions !

Jerry I think you are honest ! If you think this is something based on a misunderstanding, please inform your members. If not; get this topic out of your forum and unsubscribre me. I'm sorry if the members wull not be able to get a piece !!!
------------------

[This Message Has Been Edited By alexwheely On June 13, 2002 04:51 PM]

Old Jun 13, 2002, 04:36 PM   #17
**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By alexwheely:
to Bandontherun;
Are you going to kick me out ???
Who do you think you are ??
I guess you didn't understand one word about what I'm trying to do, but iguess that's ok. Maybe you aren't smart enough.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. No. I can't. But Jerry can and I think he might soon.
2. I think I'm bandontherun.
3. I understand what you're saying. You want to give away bootlegs, and that's fine but contribute to the other threads and I'd give your site a chance.
4. I'm smart and I think most others here will agree. Unfortunately, you're not one of them, but I've got about 100 others on my side, I feel pretty good.

------------------
NEWS FLASH:
Ultimate Beatle Board

Old Jun 13, 2002, 04:46 PM   #18
Jerry
Webmaster Of BeatleLinks

Here ends the lesson. That would be the lesson on how to completely alienate an entire group in less than 24 hours. Bye.

------------------
Closed Thread