BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Here, There & Everywhere

Old Mar 20, 2004, 12:04 PM   #1
Ana_Lennon
Old Brown Shoe

Send a message via MSN to Ana_Lennon
Default Love Stories

I just wanted to know your love stories:

How did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend?
How did your husbaund/wife propose marriage?
Do you miss an ex boyfriend/girlfriend?

Come on, tell us your story [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ Mar 20, 2004, 01:05 PM: Message Edited By: Ana_Lennon ][/size]
Ana_Lennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2004, 01:18 PM   #2
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper
Default Re: Love Stories

Sure, I'll tell mine! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I got a second chance with my husband.

I met him about 15 years ago, when I was dating someone else who was his friend. When I broke up with Howard, Jim asked me out. We dated for a while, but at the time, though we really enjoyed each other's company and loved spending time together, we thought that the fact that I am Jewish and he is Catholic was a big, insurmountable hurdle. Eventually, we stopped dating, though the parting was amicable and we remained friends and would even see each other now and again at various social occasions involving mutual acquaintances.

By 1995, I had moved to Yonkers, New York (after having lived all over the place in the ensuing six years), and one day I got a call from Howard (who had moved back to his native Columbus, Ohio, and with whom I was still friends too). We were talking, and he mentioned that Jim lived in Yonkers too. I said, "no he doesn't, he lives in Manhattan," because the last time I'd see Jim (which had been a couple of years at that point) he was living at home with his folks. Howard told me that Jim had moved to his own place in Yonkers, and I said, "well, yeah, okay, but Yonkers is a big place -- he probably doesn't live anywhere near me." Howard said he wasn't sure, but that he bet Jim wouldn't mind if I got in touch with him, and he gave me Jim's phone number.

I hesitated calling him -- I wasn't even sure if he was still single, and of course I had neglected to ask Howard that! I was afraid a wife or girlfriend would pick up the phone! But eventually I did call, and when Jim picked up I said, "Hi Jim, this is a blast from your past..." It turned out that he lived not five minutes away from where I was living, and I invited him to my place for coffee one evening.

Jim came over a couple of days later, and the rest, as they say, is history. We started seeing each other again, and realized that the formerly "insurmountable obstacle" of different religions was not as big a problem as we thought, and we had so much in common and enjoyed each other's company so much that we decided we could make it work. We were married just over a year and a half later.

I realize how lucky I am, too -- if Howard hadn't called me, and if I hadn't had the guts to call, and if Jim hadn't been willing to talk to me...my life would be so different, and a lot less happy. We have been married for 7 1/2 years and have a beautiful son, and we are very, very happy. When I think about what I could have lost...but I didn't lose it, and for that I am forever grateful.

Great topic, Ana! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2004, 02:06 PM   #3
chaitanya
Sgt. Pepper

Love,love,love...great post indeed !

Ok I'll go with mine.

After my divorce I've had some relationship,some
important,some not.

One day I was in my mother's home and after lunch
I was on her balcony taking a rest and watching the world goin' by,suddenly I noticed that on the
near balcony two blondes chicks are looking at me and laughing,mmm who are they ?

I am a quite shy guy,so I came back in the house
to change the cd's playing,when someone knocked at the door...'my friend ask if you'd like to take a coffee or whatever with her tonite',said the blonde at the door,can't believed my ears,ehm 'Yes,sure,no problem',I said.

The blonde's chick friend was Claudia,from that nite,we started to see each other every day and nite,and after two years she became my wife.

so...beware of italian coffee...(and balconies)it's magic !!! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

p.s. hope that my english is not to bad to understand...

[size="1"][ Mar 20, 2004, 03:07 PM: Message Edited By: chaitanya ][/size]
chaitanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2004, 07:20 PM   #4
HeyBeatle
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HeyBeatle Send a message via MSN to HeyBeatle

My story is sort of amusing at least it is to me.

I met my now boyfriend when my best friends friend invited the two of us to join her for lunch with a group of her friends. We at with them once and then eventually it became a regular activity down to "assigned" seats that each person always sat in.

After awhile I started to get a crush on one of the guys in the group, not my now boyfriend, but he had a girlfriend. So, for some reason I let it slip to my best friend that I had a crush on someone in our group and she wanted to know who it was. I didn't want to say I had a crush on the guy with the girlfriend so I mentioned Scott's name instead and mentioned the other guy as an afterthought.

The odd turn of events is that once I started to think about it I started to realize I liked him. So in my incredibly odd way I started flirting with him and we began talking on instant messenger (awww how romantic...I know [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) and through the course of two weeks we were eventually talking for six hours a night.

A week before spring break we were talking online and I mentioned how bored I would be at home. He asked how far home was from school (he lived in a house off campus) and I said that it was an hour and ten minutes away. He said that that was only a day trip away. I giddly relayed this to my two roommates and one of them replyed "You had better ask him to come visit you over break or I will hold you down and have Mel type it for you!"

And so, in one of the most brave things I've ever done I asked him to visit and he agreed to come (later on he said he hadn't expected me to do so) So he agreed to come visit on the upcoming tuesday. We saw one another off on the friday before break and then that monday night we were talking online and I let it slip that I thought I liked him as more than a friend. This was followed by a prolonged silence and my first heart attack [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] then he replies with a huge smilie face and said he felt the same way.

He came the next day and I greeted him at the door as nervous as can be and noticed his hands were shaking. Seeing that made me feel so much better. We spent the whole day doing fun things and he ultimately ending up spending the night on the couch and we spent the next day together as well. That was 362 nearly 363 days ago and I have never been as happy for so long as I have been this past year. [img]graemlins/inlove5.gif[/img] *

I love him so much!
HeyBeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2004, 07:55 PM   #5
Sarandipity
Dr. Robert

Ahhh, what great timing! My three year anniversary is on Monday!

My romance began as one of those twisted high school (fiendish) thingies. I met K.C. a little over three years ago, when I just so happened to be dating someone else. I had just turned 16, and it was one of those miserable February days in Indiana... Made worse only by the fact that I had band practice after school.

My then boyfriend, Tom, and I were having a rather large argument that afternoon, and he was irritated by the fact that he had to take K.C. home after practice. We locked K.C. in his car, and bickered back and forth in the parking lot for awhile. Finally, he took me home. By then I was already well aware of how good-looking this boy in the car was. When Tom got out to grab my bags from the trunk, K.C. asked me, jokingly, "So, are you going to marry him?" Of course I said no. And in response, K.C. said, "Well that's because you're going to marry me." Little did I know...

About a month later *I* asked *him* to go to a movie with me. Bowling, too! Har, har. And I suppose that the rest, as they say, is history. Since then, we've been through our ups and downs just like everyone else... Nevertheless, three years and still going strong! Our relationship has grown and matured a lot over the years -- it's HAD to -- and we've never been better. I have no doubt in my mind that this is the man I will marry. Guess I just lucked out and found him early!

Yaaaay... This is a fun topic. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ Mar 20, 2004, 08:58 PM: Message Edited By: Sarandipity ][/size]
Sarandipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2004, 09:16 PM   #6
Beatlesgal
Bulldog

Default Post deleted by Jerry

Beatlesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2004, 04:10 AM   #7
Beatle Neil
Apple Scruff

Well, I am very very touched and I don't know what to say other than give my side of the story.
Indeed it is true we met thru this very forum after Bria PM'd me. She was using words most females her age have never heard where I come from....you had to admire her. [img]graemlins/inlove2.gif[/img] As our conversations online became a daily routine I soon noticed how attentive she is and how she remembers everything I tell her. I really didn't think girls that age could be that smart. Truth is, for the first couple of months or so.....I actually thought she was older than me....I just assumed she was by the general way she spoke and how knowledgeable she obviously was. [img]graemlins/inlove2.gif[/img] We very nearly missed out on each other becoming partners as at that time I'd been heartlessly discarded and just forgotten about by a girl from Oregon called Erin who had promised to marry me and I really honestly did not think I would ever love again.......all my hope was gone......and Bria's friendship was the only thing to sustain me thru it. She has no idea how smart she is. She constantly lavishes these compliments and kind words upon me but it doesn't seem to occur to her how it takes such an exceptional human being to capture the imagination of someone as sharp and wise as she says I am.
We are indeed two of a kind......I hope this explains why once and for all.
[img]graemlins/inlove2.gif[/img]
I love you Bria!!!!!!
Beatle Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2004, 04:36 AM   #8
BrazilianFlag
Bulldog

Lovely stories, everyone [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Here's my share.

I met Luis five years ago, at college - at the second month of classes. I started to work as a monitor for the college's website, and he was my co-worker. He had already graduated and was starting his postgraduation, and he seemed the most handsome and funniest fella I had ever met.

We started to talk one afternoon and we ended up talking about music. He said that he loved the Beatles, and I jumped from my seat: "So do I! I even been to Abbey Road and all!". He was amazed when I told him that, because he had a bumper stick on his car that pictured the four lads crossing the famous street. That settled him as a very speacial man to me, but since I never believed in love at first sight, I just thought he was a decent friend.

Three days later, he asked me out - there was going to be a 50's themed dance at a local union hall, and he wanted me to be his pair -after all, "you like the Beatles too, I think you'd enjoy the party". Turns out that the ball was suspended (the band didn't come because they were not paid) and we ended up chatting all night, driving in his car. That settled it, the Beatles were guilty on charge for getting me into that car into that man I seemed to be head over heels with, I thought.

One week after, he asked whether he could be my boyfriend. Sure I said yeah -I'd regret forever if I didn't. That was five years ago today. We plan on getting married, spend the rest of our lives together. One thing is certain - we'll play some Beatle tunes on the ceremony. After all, if it was for them, Luis would have never asked me out and all of this would have never happened...
BrazilianFlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2004, 07:18 AM   #9
Magill
Sun King

I'm sure most members here know the story of Magill & Blackguard, so I'll spare everyone the details. [img]graemlins/smile2.gif[/img] But I will answer your questions anyway, Ana. Just for fun.

How did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend? At the Capitol Records Beatle bulletin board site, about two years ago. He liked my raw and edgy personality. (I've mellowed since then [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) And I liked his dry wit, his candor and intellect. I'm so glad we didn't meet on a dating site. We were just being ourselves while adoring the Beatles...and it worked! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
How did your husband/wife propose marriage? Quite extemporaneously during my weekend stay in NYC. We knew we were in love the whole time, but meeting face to face confirmed it. We had the best time together and it just felt natural.
Do you miss an ex boyfriend/girlfriend?
Hee! I need coffee. I read this wrong. Do I miss an ex-boyfriend? I'd give that a firm "nope". None of my ex's compares or even comes close to what Vince means to me. [img]graemlins/inlove2.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ Mar 21, 2004, 08:50 AM: Message Edited By: Magill ][/size]
Magill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2004, 07:45 AM   #10
SF4-EVER

I met Eugene when we were in undergrad. I actually got to know his roommate Pat first, although all three of us were in the "Biocore" program. (This is a set of science and math classes designed for people with majors in biochemistry, molecular biology, etc.). Pat and I went out for a while; we even went to a dance together. This led to me getting to know some of Pat's other friends better. Eugene and I started to plan a surprise birthday party for Pat and another guy, and before I knew it, we were having three-hour phone conversations. (Good thing dorm-to-dorm calls were free.) The more I got to know Eugene and Pat, the more I preferred Eugene over Pat. I think Pat realized this too. Eugene wound up asking me out very early one morning after we'd spent the entire night talking in the hallway. That was nearly fourteen years ago. We've had a lot of ups and downs since then. Most of the time we've been in a long-distance relationship because of grad school, vet school, or a job. We even went for six months without seeing each other when I was in D.C. But now we live much closer to each other and see each other regularly, twice a week. [img]graemlins/inlove3.gif[/img] We both want to get married, though I'm still waiting for the acutal proposal. Not that I ever mention that to him or anything.... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Oh, and Pat found someone else and got married, though Eugene and I have lost touch with him.
SF4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2004, 08:16 AM   #11
Ana_Lennon
Old Brown Shoe

Lovely stroies!! [img]graemlins/inlove2.gif[/img] *. I enjoyed every of them. It's incredible to see how lucky you are to find the correct person. You can feel the love when you read them.

Go on telling me your stories! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old Mar 21, 2004, 07:15 PM   #12
Blackguard
Paperback Writer

Magill is right, it was extemporaneous when I proposed. We both knew we were right for each other. And I had no idea I was about to propose before I did it. I asked her and I realized I was asking her when I was doing it. It was very much without rehearsal of the words. They flowed naturally at the moment and she had this smile on her face while she was listening to the words. Her smile came from within and so did my question. And her answer was a quick and simple one word reply.

Do I miss any other old girlfriends? Why should I.
Blackguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2004, 02:30 AM   #13
george_on_cloud9
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted By Ana_Lennon:
How did you meet your boyfriend?

Come on, tell us your story [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Ok, I'll tell mine too! I can remember very well!

"It was the last days of October 2002 (Saturday, actually), and I was sick with a cold. Suddenly my neighbour and girl friend called me to go out for an afternoon coffee, and she tells me that she haves a friend that wants to introduce me. So, with my stiify nose, I went out. We met, and she introduced me to him.

After we met, I think that he started to like me, until February 2003, Valentine's Day, we went to Karaoke, with my Mom and another friend. That day we started to change glances, writing to each other nice messages on the Mobile Phone, and finally the truth had to be revealed...

On the 25th of February 2003, he proposed to me to Dating! Geez! It was the Happiest Day of my Life, until now!

We are dating now for a Year and 1 month! And still going Well!" [img]graemlins/inlove3.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ Mar 22, 2004, 03:31 AM: Message Edited By: george_on_cloud9 ][/size]
george_on_cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2004, 03:26 AM   #14
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

These are all lovely stories. I will tell mine.

There were no sparks, no romantic ventures and it wasn't love at first sight. I met my husband (so I am told because quite honestly it doesn't stand out in my memory) late one night in a 24 hour coffee shop. He came in with his college buddy and my friend (we were seniors in high school) who worked there was to lazy to seat them in the main part of the restaraunt, because they were the only customers, so they sat in the 'back' with us.

We continued to 'bump' into one another there and began dating. Some time later (maybe a year) he 'hypothetically' asked me to marry him. I hadn't given it the slightest thought. But in the next few months we became engaged.

We are soul mates, we compliment each other fantastically, it is just right. I am often reminded just how lucky I was that he found me.

As for missing past boyfriends? Even after almost twenty-two years of marriage my first one comes to mind on occassion. I think it's because I was pulled away from him at the young age of 13 and it just never was a finished relationship. Nothing serious mind you just a curiousit thing.

Well for any of you that read that boring story, That is my story.
sourmilkpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2004, 12:45 PM   #15
Ana_Lennon
Old Brown Shoe

This is the "Love" topic, so I'll ask your help:

You've seen in several posts that I name my ex boyfriend Diego. Well, what is happening is that I love him, and he loves me. But we had had a terrible argument and finally we split up.

These last days we had lots of conversations, and we could fix those little "holes" between us, you know what I mean.

Now I don't know how to ask him to be my boyfriend again. I want to do it in an very "schoking" way. I should't do it, because he cut the relationship the last time, so everybody says that he has to come back. But I'm not proud.

Any ideas??

PD: Go on telling the stories, they're so sweet [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ Mar 22, 2004, 01:48 PM: Message Edited By: Ana_Lennon ][/size]
Old Mar 22, 2004, 01:20 PM   #16
chaitanya
Sgt. Pepper

Ana,love is the most complicated thing in life,and in the same time the simplest.

If he loves you ,he'll come back...and if you love him you'll tell him.

...if not,time will tell...

That's the way it goes,at least in my opinion.
chaitanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2004, 02:13 PM   #17
Sarandipity
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted By chaitanya:
Ana,love is the most complicated thing in life,and in the same time the simplest.

If he loves you ,he'll come back...and if you love him you'll tell him.

...if not,time will tell...

That's the way it goes,at least in my opinion.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I have to agree with this. Very good advice here! Love is such a complicated thing...
Sarandipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2004, 04:07 PM   #18
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

...yet so simple
sourmilkpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2004, 01:51 AM   #19
Beatlesgal
Bulldog

Default Post deleted by Jerry

Beatlesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2004, 06:59 AM   #20
Magill
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted By Beatlesgal:
In my opinion, life's its own pathfinder...what happens is meant to...what doesn't happen isn't meant to. As painful as that philosophy can be sometimes, it typically holds true. You most certainly should never automatically dismiss each new opportunity though, because every new opportunity holds an entire chain of possibilities with it. Remember what George said, "If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." That's my life's philosophy, and it's worked so far. Even the most painful parts of my past have contributed to bringing me to my destiny. Everything happens for a reason, and sometimes that reason surpasses the logic of even the greatest minds. So my advice would be to accept either outcome as what's supposed to happen. Realize that better things may await you a few more steps down life's road, so you have lots to look forward to. Life is full of possibilities as well as pain...but it's potential far outweighs its burden.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Very wise words. [img]graemlins/clap3.gif[/img]
Magill is offline   Reply With Quote