BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Old Jan 14, 2005, 09:05 AM   #41
erinluv182
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to erinluv182
Default Re: McCartney mistaken for Lennon, Mrs. Macca has a hissy!

[ QUOTE ]
EnchantingLennon Posted:
I admit, if it's true, that it was pretty hissy for Heather to get to the poor teenager. But then, I can't help but to see her point- see a kid running up to them and mention John's name probably scared her. With all those wackos out there (mostly with the intitals of MDC and MA), it's no wonder why she got so quickly defensive.

Oh, in case you don't know, forgot, or very new to learning about the Beatles, MA is the intials of the guy who stabbed George Harrison...

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point. I hadn't even considered this. I spose if you were married to a Beatle, things like this would give you certain amount of fright over the public. You never know what kind of psychos are out there, unforrtunately.
erinluv182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 01:09 PM   #42
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

[ QUOTE ]
HMVNipper Posted:
Well, there's hope yet -- my son, who is six, and most of his classmates, ALL know who the Beatles are! Now, Jamie I can understand, he's MY kid, after all...but what was surprising to me is how many of the other kids in his class are familiar with their music and can identify them. Other parents, who know that I'm a Beatles person, come up to me and tell me "oh, my kids LOVE the Beatles, it's so cool!"

So...I don't think it's totally hopeless -- maybe some ill-informed people aren't sure who they are or what they sing, but I figure if a class of first-graders knows, then there are more people out there who do than who don't.

(And yes, Frightwolf, I have heard people say that "Mrs. Robinson" is a Beatles song too -- I personally am boggled that people can mix up the Beatles and Simon and Garfunkel, but like I said, there isn't much you can do for the misinformed except correct them, I guess... which it is our duty to do as Beatles fans! )

[/ QUOTE ]

Susan,

You've taught Jamie well. Hats off and kudos to whoever has been exposing his classmates to culture.

My little nieces are Beatle aware and the older one said during Thanksgiving that "a crazy man shot John on the street" and that she knew I was sad because "George died from a bad cancer." She can identify the early moptop Beatles. It warms my yeah, yeah, yeah heart.

You just can't escape that Beatle influence - not that you'd WANT to...
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 01:23 AM   #43
HariScruff_00
Wild Honey Pie

[ QUOTE ]
Pepperland Kamer Posted:
That story may be true, but it sounds too perfect for all the Heather bashers and tabloid headlines. Of course if it really did happen then a big frown for Heather

[/ QUOTE ]

this article was reported by ContactMusic.com correct? Contactmusic.com is a tabloid website.
too bad there wasn't a confirmation article from the New York Post. or better yet, the National Inquirer.

Not everything they report is false, but a number of their articles are just rumor mongering. as FPSHOT said, the Devil's Radio! some of the stories that may have some truth to them are so obviously twisted or splashed with misleading headlines.

one of my favorites (mainly b/c it turned out to be BS) was when they reported that Olivia Harrison was, without question, going to sell Friar Park. it was a foregone conclusion according to the article. they even had direct quotes from Olivia. and look how accurate that turned out to be.

remember when Paul collapsed in the studio recently? obviously i wasn't there so i don't know what actually happened but other reputable news sources made it sound like Paul "collapsed" as a joke, in fun after a long session. contactmusic.com's version made it sound like it was much more serious, like he had almost died or something.

FWIW they're also churning out the "McCartney Angry with Ono's Beatles Song Ban" story, whether you choose to believe that one or not.

and this one is a classic:
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlf...love%20me%20do
well, i guess the story was true, so to their credit they didn't really fabricate anything. the only problem is that album came out in 1998! so much for NEWs.

there have been several others over the last few years.

anyway, just wanted to note a **Readers Beware**
HariScruff_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 06:33 AM   #44
L'Angelo Misterioso
Bulldog

This reminds me of a thing that happened few years back here during a television broadcast from Wimbledon tennis tournament. While the players were on a break the camera spotted Paul in the audience and one of our infamous tv-commentators rushed to say: "And in the audience you can also see John Lennon enjoying the game."

Aaaargh!!!
L'Angelo Misterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 08:24 AM   #45
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Good point, L'Angelo. It just goes to show you that you really cannot believe everything that gets reported.

As for the reporter who named the wrong former Beatle, it is extremely poor reporting to even mention seeing John Lennon since John is no longer living. Good grief!
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 10:03 AM   #46
L'Angelo Misterioso
Bulldog

Excactly BB. You can't trust everyting you hear on telly these days can you?
L'Angelo Misterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 04:27 PM   #47
Celebrian
Bulldog

Can't say I believe half the junk that is out there regarding the McCartneys.

LOL, Devil's Radio, indeed!
Celebrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 02:42 PM   #48
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

[ QUOTE ]
HariScruff_00 Posted:
[ QUOTE ]
Pepperland Kamer Posted:
That story may be true, but it sounds too perfect for all the Heather bashers and tabloid headlines. Of course if it really did happen then a big frown for Heather

[/ QUOTE ]

this article was reported by ContactMusic.com correct? Contactmusic.com is a tabloid website.
too bad there wasn't a confirmation article from the New York Post. or better yet, the National Inquirer.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty funny -- the ORIGINAL article WAS in the New York Post!

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/37899.htm

But as has been said, any article from the Post is only fit to wrap fish or line a birdcage...I don't trust any article that quotes unnamed "sources" and comes from such a questionable excuse for "journalism."
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 12:01 AM   #49
MaccaTwst9
Mr. Moonlight

Send a message via AIM to MaccaTwst9 Send a message via Yahoo to MaccaTwst9

You know.. lol, this thread just makes me want to laugh, seriously.

This could be a freaking tabloid just out to pound heather.
Heather is a remarkable woman who does unselfish things for the world, and as far as her comment goes if this little scene even happened at all (gotta love the media).. she was probably trying to protect her husband's feelings, being shes quite aware that they were best friends and all.

Anyways, this is just one of them little petty trying to make a few bucks - article.
MaccaTwst9 is offline   Reply With Quote