BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Here, There & Everywhere

Closed Thread

Old Dec 18, 2003, 07:01 PM   #281
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

Default Re: Minor Irritants X

Quote:
Originally Posted By LittleDarlin909:
the saga continues [img]graemlins/images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

i decided to make christmas presents for everyone this year--gift bags with homemade cookies, brownies, candy, and the like. i underestimated my skill and ended up spending about 8 hours, finishing around 2 in the morning. that was irritating in itself. however, i then got up at 6:30 to clean up the mess in the kitchen before my parents woke up. as i was cleaning, i tripped over the bags containing the gift bags. in the process, i squished most of the baked goods and slammed my thumb on a chair and broke it. . .
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Oh no! If that happened to me I think I'd cry, if I had that kind of bad luck! Take care of that thumb, Claire, hope it gets better soon!
Old Dec 18, 2003, 07:06 PM   #282
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

Quote:
PS: i'm sorry so many of you are having problems with buses [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I have another complaint about the buses today... the bus that takes me from school to our new bus station (we had a new bus station near my house that opened this week) gets there at about 3:32, which is 2 minutes later than my connecting bus comes and I always miss it. So it means I have to wait another 18 minutes for the next bus, which isn't fun in the cold weather. [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

I'm going to try and get my learners license over the Christmas holiday, though, and then hopefully get my license in February or March and can cut down on the time I have to spend on the dumb bus!
Old Dec 19, 2003, 04:40 PM   #283
LittleDarlin909
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted By beatlelover45223:
How very sweet of you to make those gifts from the heart,fall over them, break your thumb and still be so upbeat and charming about it, what great gifts and a story your friends and family will get from you this year, that's so sweet
[img]graemlins/angel2.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">ha, well, you didn't hear me when i did it! believe me, i said some very non-christmas words [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] that reminds me. . .when we were decorating the house, my mother was unpacking the nativity scene and began getting all emotional [img]graemlins/images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] "aww! so sweet! awww! i love this time of year! F**K! BABY JESUS JUST GAVE ME A SPLINTER!"

*sigh* christmas is not the season of choice in my family. bah humbug [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old Dec 19, 2003, 04:45 PM   #284
Magill
Sun King

Quote:
"F**K! BABY JESUS JUST GAVE ME A SPLINTER!"
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I don't know whether to [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] or [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] . So, I'll laugh instead. [img]graemlins/laugh5.gif[/img]
Old Dec 19, 2003, 04:58 PM   #285
Clark Kent
Sun King

I hate that song "Santa Baby." The seductive, alluring delivery from whatever female songstress is singing it, demands that we suspend belief and start thinking of Santa as some kind of sex god/symbol.
Old Dec 19, 2003, 06:29 PM   #286
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted By Magill:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By LittleDarlin909:
"F**K! BABY JESUS JUST GAVE ME A SPLINTER!"
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I don't know whether to [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] or [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] . So, I'll laugh instead. [img]graemlins/laugh5.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">My first instinct was to [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
Old Dec 19, 2003, 07:28 PM   #287
abbeysoul9
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted By Clark Kent:
I hate that song "Santa Baby." The seductive, alluring delivery from whatever female songstress is singing it, demands that we suspend belief and start thinking of Santa as some kind of sex god/symbol.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Yah that song is annoying. I also despise BRUCEEE's song Santa Clause is Coming to Town... I cringe everytime he *chuckles* during that song! Hey, I love BRUCEEE but that song is the pits.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 12:46 AM   #288
beatlelover45223

Quote:
the saga continues [img]graemlins/images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

i decided to make christmas presents for everyone this year--gift bags with homemade cookies, brownies, candy, and the like. i underestimated my skill and ended up spending about 8 hours, finishing around 2 in the morning. that was irritating in itself. however, i then got up at 6:30 to clean up the mess in the kitchen before my parents woke up. as i was cleaning, i tripped over the bags containing the gift bags. in the process, i squished most of the baked goods and slammed my thumb on a chair and broke it. . .

geez, talk about instant karma! oh well, could be worse. it's my right thumb at least and i'm mostly lefthanded. i'm also providing my friends with a good laugh! as long as i can bring a little joy into the lives of others [img]graemlins/blush5.gif[/img]

PS: i'm sorry so many of you are having problems with buses [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">How very sweet of you to make those gifts from the heart,fall over them, break your thumb and still be so upbeat and charming about it, what great gifts and a story your friends and family will get from you this year, that's so sweet
[img]graemlins/angel2.gif[/img]
Old Dec 20, 2003, 09:51 PM   #289
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted By abbeysoul9:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By Clark Kent:
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Yah that song is annoying. I also despise BRUCEEE's song Santa Clause is Coming to Town... I cringe everytime he *chuckles* during that song! Hey, I love BRUCEEE but that song is the pits.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Yeah, those songs aren't at the top of my list either. I was listening to a radio station here today that was playing Christmas music, and I heard seven songs in a row that were absolutely TERRIBLE! My uncle and I were both sitting there and cringing. The songs themselves weren't bad, it was the artists that were brutal. One song that was particularly ugly was one by Diana Ross... Silver Bells, I think. Normally I love the Supremes but this one Christmas song sounded worse than a cat being murdereed... [img]graemlins/angry9.gif[/img]
Old Dec 21, 2003, 04:53 PM   #290
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

I'm not sure if this would really be an irritant... but I just got back from babysitting with my sis this afternoon and I am so exhausted! It was for a family I've never sat for before, they had two little girls aged 1 and 3. Normally I think they're really good, but today they hadn't had a nap and were really cranky and tired. The 1 year old spent the first 45 minutes crying, and the older one kept talking back. Then there was this green paint incident...

My sister and I let them do some fingerpainting when the mom first left, and then after they were done we cleaned them and the table up, and played downstairs for a bit. But 30 minutes before we left the kids found the paint upstairs again and when we weren't looking the 1-year-old squirted it all over the table, and rubbed her hands in it, and then proceeded to rub her hands in her hair and on her face and on her shirt... by the time my sis and I found her and started to wash her up, the 3-year-old got into it and rubbed it all over HER face. Somehow it got everywhere, someone stepped in it and spread it over every floor in the top level, it was covering everyone's clothes, the table, the walls, the bathroom mirror, all the countertops... oh God, it took my sis and I over half an hour to clean up the kids and the floor, there was still a lot splattered around by the time the mother got back.

For those of you who are parents, I HAVE SO MUCH ADMIRATION FOR YOU RIGHT NOW!

I have to babysit again tonight, for a different family... I hope they're super good, because I'm sure I'm going to fall asleep!

[size="1"][ Dec 21, 2003, 04:54 PM: Message Edited By: DizzymissLizzy909 ][/size]
Old Dec 21, 2003, 05:58 PM   #291
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Quote:
Originally Posted By DizzymissLizzy909:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By abbeysoul9:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By Clark Kent:
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Yah that song is annoying. I also despise BRUCEEE's song Santa Clause is Coming to Town... I cringe everytime he *chuckles* during that song! Hey, I love BRUCEEE but that song is the pits.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Yeah, those songs aren't at the top of my list either. I was listening to a radio station here today that was playing Christmas music, and I heard seven songs in a row that were absolutely TERRIBLE! My uncle and I were both sitting there and cringing. The songs themselves weren't bad, it was the artists that were brutal. One song that was particularly ugly was one by Diana Ross... Silver Bells, I think. Normally I love the Supremes but this one Christmas song sounded worse than a cat being murdereed... [img]graemlins/angry9.gif[/img]
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I agree with you both.

"Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire" pisses me off so much. First of all, roasting chestnuts smell like scorched socks. I can't stand "Rudolf" and I never liked "Silver Bells," especially the Supremes' version. "Ring Christmas Bells" is darned annoying and I think it sounds like a high pressure nervous attack.

I'm tired of "Jingle Bells."

I'm glad I'm not the ONLY one who doesn't like Bruce Springsteen's annoying "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town." It makes ME cringe, too!

BTW, I never thought of Santa as a sex symbol. "Santa Baby" is, IMHO sending out an inappropriate message and yeah, the Supremes' "Silver Bells" DOES sound like a cat being tortured and killed.
Old Dec 21, 2003, 06:02 PM   #292
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

I'm tired of hearing this new wave sounding "Feels Like Christmas" because the singer sounds like she's whining.

I love Christmas, but I get tired of hearing certain carols incessantly. Please give me the Messiah: Halleluia Chorus ANY day!

The early 60s girl groups doing Christmas carols. Then again, I don't care for the girl groups in the first place.

Punk/new wave and disco and rap versions of Christmas carols don't appeal to me.

I never liked "A Christmas Carol." The first time I saw it, I was 6 and thought it was about ghosts and dying. I even had nightmares about it. Why are there dozens of remakes of that same story and how many times can it keep on being rehashed? All the other Christmas stories are one and in some cases have sequels, but I don't know of ANY other story that has been run into the ground by repetition like "A Christmas Carol."
Old Dec 21, 2003, 06:22 PM   #293
Cecilia
Old Brown Shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted By beatlebangs1964:

I never liked "A Christmas Carol." The first time I saw it, I was 6 and thought it was about ghosts and dying. I even had nightmares about it. Why are there dozens of remakes of that same story and how many times can it keep on being rehashed? All the other Christmas stories are one and in some cases have sequels, but I don't know of ANY other story that has been run into the ground by repetition like "A Christmas Carol."
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Wow. I think that it's one of the best Christmas stories ever made.
Old Dec 21, 2003, 07:46 PM   #294
motherTheresa
Old Brown Shoe

[quote]Originally Posted By beatlebangs1964:
Quote:

"Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire" pisses me off so much. First of all, roasting chestnuts smell like scorched socks.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">i used to work for a guy named Chet....so the
girls in the office & i had a little fun twisting
that song into "Chet's nuts roasting on
an open fire....." [img]graemlins/musicnotes.gif[/img] *

[img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
Old Dec 21, 2003, 11:58 PM   #295
shyGirl
Sun King

Doing retail during Christmas sucks.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 12:37 AM   #296
PaulsPrincess
Bulldog

I have to close at work tonight which means I probably won't get home until almost midnight. [img]graemlins/sad2.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ Dec 21, 2003, 12:38 PM: Message Edited By: PaulsPrincess ][/size]
Old Dec 22, 2003, 06:25 AM   #297
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted By Cecilia:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By beatlebangs1964:

<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Wow. I think that it's one of the best Christmas stories ever made.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Actually, I agree with you, BB! My parents used to show me the Disney Christmas Carol with Mickey Mouse and I always hated THAT! It always scared me. I don't like any other version I've seen either... hehe, I'm a bit of a humbug, aren't I? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old Dec 22, 2003, 08:42 AM   #298
Magill
Sun King

[quote]Originally Posted By motherTheresa:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By beatlebangs1964:
Quote:

"Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire" pisses me off so much. First of all, roasting chestnuts smell like scorched socks.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">i used to work for a guy named Chet....so the
girls in the office & i had a little fun twisting
that song into "Chet's nuts roasting on
an open fire....." [img]graemlins/musicnotes.gif[/img] *

[img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh7.gif[/img]
You could use also those nuts in the holiday Chet's Mix for the office party! [img]graemlins/afraid4.gif[/img]
Old Dec 22, 2003, 04:44 PM   #299
Magill
Sun King

When you see one of the corporate VP's walk into the local McDonald's for lunch, it's not a very good sign that the annual bonuses will be paid out this year. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] *sigh*
Old Dec 22, 2003, 07:28 PM   #300
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

Wrapping Christmas gifts... it's the thing I hate most about the Christmas season. I struggled for half an hour this evening trying to wrap my sister and friend's gifts, and the paper is all crinkled and ripped. [img]graemlins/angry9.gif[/img]
Closed Thread