BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Jul 16, 2006, 02:13 PM   #21
eppylover
Apple Scruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie
The Daily Mail is a god awful right wing paper, i wouldn't believe anything they write.
So they're the British Press equivalent of Bill O'Reilly, I'd guess! That figures.

The Daily Mail, trying to stir up crap. How would THEY know if he's getting upset about it? Did they get into his head?

Good chance, then, that it's not "revenge" ... So I'd take all the Clapton "stressing-out" text with a shaker of salt.
Who knows? Eric might have been cool enough and honest enough to give his blessing to Pattie to reveal naughty details.

Or *evil snicker* maybe she IS finally getting revenge on those damn MEN! We won't know until the book comes out.

As Lennon made perfectly clear to us, the Beatles were right bastards. But we love 'em anyway, because it comes with the territory:
The bigger the genius, the bigger the quirks.
eppylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2006, 05:26 PM   #22
Weeping Guitar
Mr. Moonlight

Send a message via AIM to Weeping Guitar Send a message via MSN to Weeping Guitar

The thing is with private lives is that they should be kept private. People, whether famous or not, have all slept with people they regret sleeping with, have all done things they know to be wrong, fallen in love with people they shouldn't have etc, but because the majority of us aren't in the public eye, we aren't judged, because people don't know our life stories.

Now as for what went on back then, and who slept with whom, it was the 1960's, in London. These were the Beautiful People. It was the era of free love. Young, talented, wealthy people having the time of their lives.

The circumstances and the morality of the times have to be taken into account. Society has become less open about sex, because of AIDS etc. Free love is now seen as irresponsible. Drugs are seen as stupid, and music . . . well what can I say? We're criticising and judging the pioneers of the modern music scene!

Come on guys! These people are supposed to be our heroes!!

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead
Weeping Guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2006, 08:38 PM   #23
FPSHOT
Sun King

I tend to believe that this Daily Mail article has quite some fantasy in it.

I do not know Pattie, but what I have heard and read about her I can not imagine that she will write a nasty book about her life with George and Eric. There are quite some examples where her love for George is shown to still exist. I do not know about Eric though, their marriage I think was overshadowed by Eric's lifestyle maybe. Maybe not.

But whichever way, I tend not to believe the quotes by 'sources' and 'friends'. Like what the article says about George at the time Eric got involved with Pattie; I find that very non-realistic. George has expressed in many occasions how he reacted to their relation and his split up from Pattie and the way it is described by the Daily Mail now is to me just false.

Maybe it is best to wait for Pattie's book and not speculate based on these types of newspaper articles.

Yet, I do realise that they were no saints or pussycats, the wife swapping (LOL that is a quote) was not rare in the 60's I think...but ...I also believe that many celebrity journalists are known to have more imagination than Walt Disney.

Last edited by FPSHOT : Jul 18, 2006 at 09:33 PM.
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2007, 07:36 PM   #24
instant karla
Sgt. Pepper

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04062007...a_pagesix_.htm

April 6, 2007 -- THE inside story of how Eric Clapton sneakily stole his pal George Harrison's first wife, Pattie Boyd, has finally been revealed. In her upcoming autobiography, "Wonderful Tonight," Boyd, a former London model, says her 10-year storybook marriage to the beloved Beatle collapsed after she received an unexpected love note from Clapton. "One day, I got a letter in the mail. It was written on a piece of paper torn out of a copy of the novel 'Of Mice and Men,' " writes Boyd, the inspiration both for Harrison's most famous song, "Something," and for Clapton's "Layla." "In tiny, scrawly, little handwriting it said, 'Dear Pattie, I have always loved you and this is breaking my heart. All I want is to be with you.' So I showed it to George, who just dismissed it. Early that evening, the phone rang and it was Eric. He said, 'Did you get my letter?' " Boyd launched into an affair with the guitar great and eventually dumped Harrison to marry "Slowhand" in 1977. That marriage would last 11 years, and through it all Clapton remained friends with Harrison, up to the Beatle's untimely death in 2001.
instant karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2007, 07:45 PM   #25
instant karla
Sgt. Pepper

Default coming 08-23-07

http://www.hodderheadline.co.uk/inde...k=105720&best=

Wonderful Today: The Autobiography of Pattie Boyd

Pattie Boyd Penny Junor
ISBN 13: 9780755316427 ISBN 10: 0755316428
Publisher: Headline 23/8/2007
£20.00 RRP Hardback

Pattie Boyd was the Queen of the Sixties and beyond…a drop-dead gorgeous model, photographer, and the inspiration for the timeless songs Something, Layla and Wonderful Tonight. Her story is one of drama, struggle and, ultimately, affirmation, but her struggles `against addiction, tragedy, infertility` were lived with two of the twentieth century`s greatest musical icons: her husbands George Harrison and Eric Clapton.
Now, after 40 years, she tells her extraordinary story. From growing up in Kenya in a privileged but broken home, becoming a sixties supermodel, working with David Bailey and Ozzie Clarke, and meeting the Beatles, to marriage to George and then Eric, to the accidents and brushes with tragedy – her own and Eric`s – this is a mesmerising human story.
Written with the acclaimed biographer and journalist Penny Junor, WONDERFUL TODAY is rich and raw, it is funny, heartbreaking and heartwarming. Written with the acclaimed biographer and journalist Penny Junor, WONDERFUL TODAY is rich and raw, it is funny, heartbreaking and heartwarming
Old Apr 06, 2007, 07:48 PM   #26
FPSHOT
Sun King

Well if this is the "inside story" which this so called newsreport back then referred to it shows again how the media can act at times. I can not see anything nasty in this?

Thanks for posting.

FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2007, 07:33 AM   #27
instant karla
Sgt. Pepper

Default update: book release august 21

http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/n...-memoirs_N.htm

(this is just part of the article)

The memoir that could outsell all of them isn't written by a rocker. On Aug. 21, Harmony Books will publish Wonderful Tonight by Pattie Boyd, model and former wife of George Harrison and Eric Clapton. First printing: 500,000. Boyd inspired Harrison's Something and Clapton's Layla.

"She is Layla," says DeCurtis, "and she was at the center of one of the major romantic triangles in the history of rock 'n' roll. Absolutely she'll have an audience."
Old Jul 01, 2007, 01:06 PM   #28
eppylover
Apple Scruff

*sigh*
The pathetic one-track-mind eppylover
still wonders how much Brian content is included
in this much-anticipated Pattie Boyd book.

(click pics for much larger Brian-y goodness)

The pestering eppypromotional christine shall now leave y'all alone again for awhile...
Old Jul 02, 2007, 09:54 AM   #29
oldbeatlechick
Sun King

I have pre-ordered both "Wonderful Tonight" and "Wonderful Today" both by Pattie Boyd, from Amazon, both are out 24th August!! looking forward to a good read!

“We didn't all get into music for a job! We got into music to avoid a job, in truth - and get lots of girls.”
Paul McCartney

Last edited by oldbeatlechick : Jul 02, 2007 at 09:55 AM.
oldbeatlechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2007, 01:44 PM   #30
eppylover
Apple Scruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbeatlechick View Post
I have pre-ordered both "Wonderful Tonight" and "Wonderful Today" both by Pattie Boyd, from Amazon, both are out 24th August!! looking forward to a good read!
That rocks! Wheeee!
Old Jul 02, 2007, 04:34 PM   #31
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

I pre-ordered them as well. I admit that I will be very interested to see what she has to say.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 03, 2007, 10:09 AM   #32
EnchantingLennon
Dr. Robert

I preordered the American version, Wonderful Tonight. I'm sure there will be one day that I'll get Wonderful Today to see if there's any difference in the two books, like photographs or whatnot. I'm sure they will be the same, except if the paperback version comes out and edits some content out like what happened with Cynthia's book, John. I am looking forward to Pattie's book- it's something to look forward to over a boring nothing-special summer!

I don't really buy much into the Daily Mail...what's up with the sexual fascination between John and Pattie? Other then what happened at the 1967 Magical Mystery Tour party, I never heard anything else. I would guess that the Daily Mail are just trying to stir something up in the rumor mill. I will wait for what Pattie will have to say for herself of her relationship with George, Eric, John, Ringo, Cynthia, and Maureen especially about the bed-hopping experiences.
EnchantingLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 03, 2007, 10:25 AM   #33
eppylover
Apple Scruff

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantingLennon View Post
I will wait for what Pattie will have to say for herself of her relationship with George, Eric, John, Ringo, Cynthia, and Maureen especially about the bed-hopping experiences.
WHOA ~ Enchanting, aren't you the licentious little wench! Hahaa
Old Jul 03, 2007, 10:27 AM   #34
EnchantingLennon
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by eppylover View Post
WHOA ~ Enchanting, aren't you the licentious little wench! Hahaa
Well it's true- Pattie's the better person to write about it, not the Daily Mail who wasn't there to witness any of it!
EnchantingLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 03, 2007, 11:16 AM   #35
eppylover
Apple Scruff

I just wonder if our sweet Pattie will feel she's above mentioning very much of that sort of thing.

I'm sure there are many interesting Beatle memories she has ~ ones that don't relate to sex ~ that haven't been written about yet.

We shall see!
Old Jul 03, 2007, 04:39 PM   #36
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeping Guitar View Post
The thing is with private lives is that they should be kept private. People, whether famous or not, have all slept with people they regret sleeping with, have all done things they know to be wrong, fallen in love with people they shouldn't have etc, but because the majority of us aren't in the public eye, we aren't judged, because people don't know our life stories.

Now as for what went on back then, and who slept with whom, it was the 1960's, in London. These were the Beautiful People. It was the era of free love. Young, talented, wealthy people having the time of their lives.

The circumstances and the morality of the times have to be taken into account. Society has become less open about sex, because of AIDS etc. Free love is now seen as irresponsible. Drugs are seen as stupid, and music . . . well what can I say? We're criticising and judging the pioneers of the modern music scene!

Come on guys! These people are supposed to be our heroes!!
Well put, Weepy and because we admire them does not give us the right to judge them. Most of us don't even know them personally, but that does not quell our interest.

Given the times and being young, rich and famous and having the world at your feet, it is only natural to indulge to excess; to push the envelope and enjoy as much of life's perks as possible.

I'm all for honoring privacy as well. In the case of public figures whom we admire, it is only natural that we would find them interesting and that they have had similiar or even vastly unusual life experiences is all the more to pique our collective interest.

There is nothing wrong with finding them interesting or enjoying books of this ilk (although Sadie/Sally, I agree with you about The Daily Mail - it is tabloid trash)! - it is, however important to keep in mind that we are reading about the lives of real people and it is best to reserve judgment and keep an open mind.

*edited in* I did a check on Amazon.com and the book is entitled "Wonderful Tonight" and no record exists of a title "Wonderful Today."

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Jul 03, 2007 at 04:41 PM.
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 05, 2007, 06:08 PM   #37
instant karla
Sgt. Pepper

Default excerpt from the book

Pattie Boyd: 'My hellish love triangle with George and Eric' - Part One
Last updated at 08:21am on 5th August 2007

(i'm not posting the excerpt here... it's long (in 2 parts), with lots of good pictures, and a video interview at the end.

here's the link to the article in its entirety:

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/...n_page_id=1879

Last edited by instant karla : Aug 05, 2007 at 06:09 PM.
Old Aug 05, 2007, 06:25 PM   #38
Hari's Chick

When I met Pattie at her art exhibit she seemed like a lovely woman and even giggled to me girlishly taling about how attractive George was in the print I purchased. When George's name arose, her eyes welled with tears. During the entire exhibit, she played only Harrisongs... not a single Clapton song. Now she trashes on George and even stoops low enough to say EC is a better guitar player. *sigh*

I've entirely changed my opinion of Pattie, sadly.

My favorite parts are where Patti~

1. says she was not actually suicidal, but just in case picked out the fashion style/dress she would pick if she ever were suicidal

and

2. this line... "I was furious. I went straight out and dyed my hair red."

Poor George, no wonder he was lonesome in that marriage.

If any of what she asserts is even truth, I must say she and Eric look sadly like drama kings/queens. I found Eric's letters to Patti laughable and Patti gullable.

George, however, looks beautifully human. I understood his every emotion as depicted in the story. I understood his frustrations and reactions. Pattie was obviously not supportive of George spiritually. She bitterly recounts his meditation hours as times he was "obsessed" and "ignoring her". I wonder if she will include how she felt rejected when George decided for spiritual reasons to be celebate. Repeatedly in the exerpt she says George would deny her accusations and call her paranoid. It made me wonder how many of her accusations are bitter grapes for his self imposed celebacy.
Old Aug 05, 2007, 06:34 PM   #39
Hari's Chick

By the way, I am not implying George was a saint. What I do think is that we have only one vague reference of a houseguest before EC sought involvement with Pattie. At that point, she says George felt all was fair, so to speak. Pattie repeatedly calls EC's drivel "exciting". Looked at carefully, a lot is revealed about Pattie herself.

Just my .02 cents.
Old Aug 05, 2007, 06:45 PM   #40
instant karla
Sgt. Pepper

Default an exerpt for eppylover

Pattie Boyd: George had to ask Brian Epstein for permission to marry me
By PATTIE BOYD - More by this author » Last updated at 10:34am on 5th August 2007

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/...n_page_id=1773