BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Not Only A Northern Song

Old Jan 22, 2002, 05:15 PM   #1
Glen V
Day Tripper

Default \"1964\" The Tribute To The Beatles

The Mrs and I purchase tickets to the stage show "1964", The Tribute To The Beatles. This group will be performing at the Paramount Theatre in Denver, Colorado on Saturday, January 26, 2002 8:00pm mst. The local Oldies radio station KOOL 105 is sponsoring the show. Has anybody from the Beatlelinks seen this show or has any input..? I am taking my two sons (ages 16 & 13) along with our daughter (age 11) to this tribute "1964" show to make it a family affair and experience some "Beatlemania". I also understand this "1964" Tribute is not endorsed by or affiliated with APPLE CORPS. Any comments..? Thanks,

------------------
Glen V.
Glen V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2002, 07:01 PM   #2
alliesun
Bulldog

Default Re: \"1964\" The Tribute To The Beatles

Glen - I don't know much about "1964"... only that they cover the bands "Ed Sullivan" era. I'm not a big tribute band fan, with the exception of one: The Fab Four. They were picked over a bunch of other tribute bands to recreate some tracks for the Linda McCartney Story a few years ago by Capitol Records and will be playing at the Paramount Theater in Denver on March 22nd. If you get a chance to catch their show - let me know what you think. All in all, I hope you have a blast! Give us a full report when you return!

------------------
alliesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2002, 08:07 PM   #3
Jongo McHarrison
Nowhere Man

I saw them perform here in Winnipeg in April of 1993 and they were fantastic. I can't remember how deep the song list went into their careers, but they opened with 'From Me to You', played 'She Loves You' and I'm assuing more than that. In addition to wearing the Pierre Cardin suits, they also mimicked the personalities - one guy who wanted to know the name of the cover band shouted out in the middle of the show "Who are you guys?" and the John Lennon impersonator responded "You haven't been paying attention very well have you?". They also ran about the stage snapping pictures of the audience. If you've seen 'Beatlemania' you should have a good idea of where to set your expectations. Of course, I have no idea if the line up of the group has changed since I saw both groups in 1993 and 1994. But yeah, '1964' should let you "experience some 'Beatlemania'" (unless by putting Beatlemania in quotation marks you were speaking in code for drugs or something). There's a great Beatles cover band here called Free Ride, but I'd still love to hear how the show went since I'd love to see these guys again.

------------------
Jongo McHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2002, 04:59 AM   #4
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

Glen,

I've seen 1964 a couple of times and, honestly, I haven't been that impressed with them. But they're probably the best known Beatles tribute in the U.S. and most people seem to think they're fabulous, so hopefully you'll have a great time! I thought their George and John were quite good, but that their Paul was pretty weak, and since I'm a McCartney fan, that was kind of a problem for me! Plus I'm spoiled, living in Chicago, as we have a number of very good Beatles tributes here in town, one of whom I like better than 1964. (Of course, they have a strong "Paul"! That's probably why!)

In any case, have a great time!

------------------
I go back so far, I'm in front of me...
Rellevart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2002, 05:45 PM   #5
biglou114
Bulldog

Send a message via AIM to biglou114

ive been to 2 tributes. John Enthiwile and alan parsons. And Beatlemainia

------------------
"Life is very Short and there's not time"
- We Can Work It Out
biglou114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2002, 11:47 PM   #6
bearkat77
Administrator

Glen, I've seen 1964 once at a local university. They put on a good show. Their repertoire deals with the touring years - 1963-1966. If it's the same members I saw, don't be surprised by the one who does Paul.

------------------

Bearkat77's Beatlemaniac Page
Bearkat77's Tribute to John Lennon
Bearkat77's Tribute to Ringo Starr
bearkat77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2002, 03:29 PM   #7
alliesun
Bulldog

Glen - how was the concert? Any updates?

------------------
alliesun is offline   Reply With Quote