BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Act Naturally

Closed Thread

Old Jul 25, 2009, 06:25 AM   #141
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

Yeah the spaghetti scene is a little gross but I find it funny. I enjoy watching MMT once in a while.

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
Old Aug 13, 2009, 09:25 PM   #142
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

AHDN. Where do I start? George falling during the opening scene; underdressed George shaving the mirror (and yes, I caught you ogling the man, ladies ); George dancing with that feather; George and the grotty shirts; George's flawless deadpan deliveries; George singing my favorite song in that movie, "I'm Happy Just to Dance With You;" close-ups of George and his beautiful wavy hair...wait! Oh, that's right! There were 3 OTHER Beatles in that film!

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
Old Sep 21, 2009, 09:29 AM   #143
beatlegirlbelle
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 View Post
AHDN. Where do I start? George falling during the opening scene; underdressed George shaving the mirror (and yes, I caught you ogling the man, ladies ); George dancing with that feather; George and the grotty shirts; George's flawless deadpan deliveries; George singing my favorite song in that movie, "I'm Happy Just to Dance With You;" close-ups of George and his beautiful wavy hair...wait! Oh, that's right! There were 3 OTHER Beatles in that film!
Must.Watch.AHDN.Now....

Last edited by beatlegirlbelle : Sep 21, 2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 03:13 PM   #144
ImOnlySleeping1966
Fool On The Hill

Its got to be Help! it was an amazing movie, i like all of there movies of course but i thought that Help! was the one with the most adventure in it rather than a long music video which they are not singing all the time if you know what i mean.

"I don't believe in killing whatever the reason!"

"God is a concept by which we measure our pain".

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."

"You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate."

JOHN LENNON R.I.P 1940-1980
Old Oct 10, 2009, 05:25 PM   #145
Reverend Rock
Wild Honey Pie

This may sound a little sacreligious, but honestly, I'm just not that into the movies.

I thought Help was a little cooler than A Hard Day's Night. That's pretty much reverse of what film critics think, I know. I liked the weirdness of it. In a way, it seemed to foretell where they were going as a band. It hinted at psychedelia and had a sense of the surreal about it.

"There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be."
Old Oct 14, 2009, 05:56 AM   #146
beatlebangs1964

The Beatles in quasi-incognito was a preview of how they would look in 1968-70.

George was too damn fine for words in that movie and he stole every damn scene he was in. Girls, I KNOW you loved the part when George lost his shirt in that men's loo. I caught you ogling the man, you racy lot!

Oh, and we can't forget how damn sexy George was when he sang "I Need You." (I didn't like tat ugly straw hat he wore). Wait, there was the part when at the Palace, George notices a whirly thing coming through the stomach of some portrait! And then there was the part when George looosened the tire on some fool's car and freed Ringo from the trunk! And then that scene with George on the bicycle.

AHDN was and continues to remain my favorite Beatle movie. I think it's fun and I love quoting and singing along.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Oct 14, 2009 at 05:57 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:15 PM   #147
beatlelover45223

Exclamation

Quote:
The Beatles in quasi-incognito was a preview of how they would look in 1968-70.

George was too damn fine for words in that movie and he stole every damn scene he was in. Girls, I KNOW you loved the part when George lost his shirt in that men's loo. I caught you ogling the man, you racy lot!

Oh, and we can't forget how damn sexy George was when he sang "I Need You." (I didn't like tat ugly straw hat he wore). Wait, there was the part when at the Palace, George notices a whirly thing coming through the stomach of some portrait! And then there was the part when George looosened the tire on some fool's car and freed Ringo from the trunk! And then that scene with George on the bicycle.

AHDN was and continues to remain my favorite Beatle movie. I think it's fun and I love quoting and singing along.
Let us not forget the Beatles boarding the tank in Help

~ Nancy ~
Old Oct 31, 2009, 10:20 PM   #148
Kait_Sing
Fool On The Hill

Default Re:

Quote:
I did not know I had hormones until I saw George Harrison in AHDN. ;)
Old Nov 19, 2009, 08:08 PM   #149
beatlebangs1964

George Harrison was very sexy and the master of good deadpan.

Paul McCartney said that George's natural father, Harold Sr. had a deadpan expression when he was on the job. He had to stay focused on what he was doing as transporting people made him responsible for their safety. No doubt the deadpan delivery was a gift from Harold Sr. along with the beautiful wavy hair and ectomorphic body build; Harrison nose and deep-set Harrison eyes.

Kait, we can't forget the French cheekbones and deep, penetrating ocular intensity Lou passed on to George. Damn, that Beatle sure was FINE! George stole the whole damn show!

Old Dec 03, 2009, 06:21 AM   #150
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

Quote:
Girls, I KNOW you loved the part when George lost his shirt in that men's loo. I caught you ogling the man, you racy lot!
Everytime I watch that bit I wish it happened to John too. But then, I guess if I want that I have to watch John in the bath in AHDN...

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
Old Dec 31, 2009, 04:02 PM   #151
MsRingoBingo
Fool On The Hill

Send a message via AIM to MsRingoBingo
Default Tie

i think its a tie between Help! and A Hard Day's Night. both amazingly good
Old Dec 31, 2009, 06:25 PM   #152
the ninth walrus
Old Brown Shoe

Send a message via Yahoo to the ninth walrus

for me its a tie between hard days night and help

there's nothing like an afternoon of drinking homemade butter milk and listing to old music.

sǝɯıʇ ʇɐ ǝɟıl

me i'm part Irish
Old Feb 04, 2010, 03:03 PM   #153
Maia 66
Sun King

Bump

There is absolutely no doubt that A Hard Day's Night is far and away the best Beatles movie. It's a film classic!

I enjoy the others because I love the boys, but c'mon... AHDN is the only one that's actually a good film. Y'all may enjoy Help!, but even Richard Lester admits it's not much of a film...
Old Feb 04, 2010, 03:46 PM   #154
george<3
Dr. Robert

Quote:
AHDN. Where do I start? George falling during the opening scene; underdressed George shaving the mirror (and yes, I caught you ogling the man, ladies ); George dancing with that feather; George and the grotty shirts; George's flawless deadpan deliveries; George singing my favorite song in that movie, "I'm Happy Just to Dance With You;" close-ups of George and his beautiful wavy hair...wait!
That's why ADHN is my favorite! And yes, I was ogling and drooling over the boy with the wavy hair! The shaving scene is sexy.

The power of magic, Beatley, Georgeous rainbows COMPELS you!!

Last edited by george<3 : Feb 04, 2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2010, 04:40 PM   #155
BeatleNut9
Wild Honey Pie

I suppose I would put YS at the bottom of my list only because it's not technically anything they were involved in [with the exception of the ending, of course]. I do think it's fabulous, though, and I really love it!

LIB would probably be next to last only because it's not always easy to watch. I love the film and wish it would officially be released because it definitely is worth seeing, but the tension is a bit hard to watch too often. When I'm in the mood for a movie, I'm usually not looking to get upset. I watch LIB whenever I'm in the mood to see the reality of that time for them and to see them behind the scenes.

I really love the other three, but I think H! and AHDN might be my top two only for sentimental reasons. I wasn't allowed to see MMT until I was old enough to handle the strip club scene, but H! and AHDN were always childhood favorites!

I have a hard time comparing H! and AHDN. I really don't know if I could ever permanently choose which one is my number one favorite.
Old Feb 04, 2010, 04:49 PM   #156
the ninth walrus
Old Brown Shoe

Send a message via Yahoo to the ninth walrus

and now i declare help as the best movie i ever seen

there's nothing like an afternoon of drinking homemade butter milk and listing to old music.

sǝɯıʇ ʇɐ ǝɟıl

me i'm part Irish
Old Feb 07, 2010, 02:54 PM   #157
GoodmorningJude
Apple Scruff

I say A Hard Days Night and so does the rest of my family. We own it on DVD and my dad just rocks out to it. Magical Mystery Tour was hard to follow at times but I like the 'trippy' feel of it. Help! was cute and silly, another great movie!
“You are all geniuses, and you are all beautiful. You don't need anyone to tell you who you are. You are what you are. Get out there and get peace, think peace, live peace, and breathe peace, and you'll get it as soon as you like.” - John Lennon

"And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on you moving.."
Old Feb 07, 2010, 03:05 PM   #158
george_on_cloud9
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by george<3 View Post
That's why ADHN is my favorite! And yes, I was ogling and drooling over the boy with the wavy hair! The shaving scene is sexy.
And HELP! ? Don't forget there are also lots of good stuff in there!

The bathroom scene!

Favorite Beatle: George (1943-2001)

Favorite Beatle year(s): 1966, 1967*, 1968

(*1967 was the year that My Guy was born... my favorite Guy...)

My Quote for George:
"A Butterfly Flying Around Me Saying Goodbye!"
(29/11/2001)
God Bless You, George... Love ya...

"GEORGE ! You just give me stripes, moustache and a smile... cause You're So Fine!"

Song to remember the Past: "In My Life"

Just call me Cloud or GOC9
Old Feb 07, 2010, 04:28 PM   #159
george<3
Dr. Robert

How could I forget?!?

The power of magic, Beatley, Georgeous rainbows COMPELS you!!
Old Mar 01, 2010, 09:46 AM   #160
Miss Nani Moonlight
Nowhere Man

Location: in the center of a big beatle group hug...nah, i wish.

okay i love the beatles, but paul MUST have been stoned when he came up with the idea for magical mystery tour.

although...i DO LOVE the end scene when they are dancing in those white suits! i can never stop laughing at that...the way they are stepping...god i love that part!!!

anyway thier best was a hard days night. i LOVE LOVE LOVE help as well but it seemed just a little too scripted to me whereas AHDN seemed natural.

they are both two of the funniest movies ive ever seen, however. the first time i saw them i watched them over and over. i dont believe i watched anything else for a month!

oh but they both have incredibly sexy scenes. the bathroom scene in help...mmmmmm....

and then when George is shaving, in that tight t shirt!!! he looks so good :)

Last edited by Miss Nani Moonlight : Mar 01, 2010 at 09:47 AM.
Closed Thread