BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Abbey Road

Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:40 AM   #1
Dr Winston
Day Tripper

Default The Ultimate Beatles iPod Collection

If I had the money, I would. :) Limited Edition Ultimate Collector's Box: Beatles' Video iPod Set
Old Jun 11, 2009, 09:17 AM   #2
J van E
Nowhere Man

I wouldn't. They don't tell the iPod is empty and you have to rip all the cd's yourself (the old ones, not the new remasters) in order to get them on that iPod. And the inscription is done by a third party company who can inscript anything you want on your own iPod (for a lot less money too, probably). Nothing special about it. It's just an ordinary iPod that's inscripted by another company and put in a box together with all the old cd's...
J van E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:26 AM   #4
Harb83
Co-Admin Geezer

62hofner -

The Beatles are the most eagerly anticipated and one of the last groups to join iTunes so, naturally, anything linking the two is going to be a 'hot' item.

And because they're not on iTunes their songs can't be preloaded onto the player. At least as to my understand.
Harb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:52 AM   #5
J van E
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62hofner View Post
If the CD's that are included aren't the remasters, then what's the point of this?

Not sure as to the "why" of this set.
This set was released last year, exclusively by Bloomingdale, when there wasn't a (official sign) of the remasters. If they'd known the remasters would come, they wouldn't have made this 'special' box.
J van E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 12:10 PM   #7
62hofner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbidge View Post
62hofner -

The Beatles are the most eagerly anticipated and one of the last groups to join iTunes so, naturally, anything linking the two is going to be a 'hot' item.

And because they're not on iTunes their songs can't be preloaded onto the player. At least as to my understand.
Yeah, I get it.... now that I realize that this is not a "new" set - that it was released a year ago.
62hofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2009, 02:20 PM   #8
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

Yeah I remember saying that's nice for someone who's A) got a lot of money and B) doesnt already own all those. I have all those cds and ripped most all the songs I wanted from them to my MP3 player already. Now if they sold a Beatles iPod that came with all the music already on it maybe I'd consider it, if I had the money

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2009, 05:51 PM   #9
heyjude
Wild Honey Pie

A beatles-themed ipod would be cool, not a skin or something removable but the body itself being beatlized, maybe with a picture wrapped around as the "colour" of the ipod.
We reckoned we could make it because there were four of us. None of us would've made it alone, because Paul wasn't quite strong enough, I didn't have enough girl-appeal, George was too quiet, and Ringo was the drummer. But we thought that everyone would be able to dig at least one of us, and that's how it turned out.
- John Lennon
heyjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2009, 09:11 AM   #10
MaccaGirl2891
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via MSN to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via Yahoo to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via Skype™ to MaccaGirl2891

I put all of my Beatles CDs onto my iTunes and it recognized them. I just don't have the album covers on it.
George Harrison - 2/25/1943--11/29/2001
Michael Joseph Jackson - 8/29/1958--6/25/2009
MaccaGirl2891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2009, 09:20 AM   #11
Gary910
Little Child

I have both monos and stereos on my iPod. Albums, singles.

Also, every solo album, except the avant garde albums. I also have every solo single A sides and B sides.

My iPod as been Beatleized in my opinion. Nothing is Beatleproof.
Gary910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2009, 08:27 AM   #12
JonnyBeatle
Fool On The Hill

I plan on making my own ultimate Beatles iPod ... except I don't have an iPod but another brand of MP3 player (same thing just half the price) ... as soon as I get the two box sets on 9/9/9. It's pretty cool that the two box sets will really have every single Beatles mix ever originally released in the '60s.
JonnyBeatle is offline   Reply With Quote