BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Mar 22, 2004, 02:51 AM   #61
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

Default Re: Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame

sounds great! I can't wait to get it from my friend today!
sourmilkpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2004, 03:34 AM   #62
AnotherGirl83
Wild Honey Pie

It sounds like it was a great show. Nice that VH1 showed it, I haven't seen anything about it on German TV (then again, I don't constantly have it on...).
It's lovely that George was inducted by people who were special to him. :-)
AnotherGirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2004, 05:31 AM   #63
Hari's Chick

Oh, I forgot to mention,Olivia also said if George were there that he would no doubt like to thank many people, and loved many people in that room that night. But she said she was going to limit her thank you's on George's behalf to one man in the room who really stood out, and whom George loved so much... and that man was Neil Aspinall. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ Mar 22, 2004, 06:32 AM: Message Edited By: Hari's Chick ][/size]
Hari's Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2004, 09:22 AM   #64
I luvgeorge
Fool On The Hill

Anybody watch the award ceremony last night? I watched it twice so far, but I skimmed thorugh most of it except the parts where they inducted George. Saw Lee Lee Sobieski with Sean Lennon, and also Yoko giving Olivia a peck on the cheek, nice to see.

Still can't get over how mesmerized I am when I watch Dhani in action, so eerily like his dad.
And tell me what you thought about the finale, with Prince and everyone doing While my Guitar gently Weeps. I knew Prince could play, but he was wailing on that guitar.
Am I living under a rock, or does anyone know why Eric Clapton wasn't there on stage anywhere?
I luvgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2004, 01:53 PM   #65
IMeMine1969
Sgt. Pepper

Send a message via AIM to IMeMine1969

I watched it last night, and thought that it was awesome! Tom and Jeff's speeches were great, and so were Dhani and Olivia's acceptance speeches [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] *And the performances were amazing! Prince really was awesome on WMGGW! WOW!

Altogether, it was a great show!

[img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img] * [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img]
IMeMine1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2004, 02:30 AM   #66
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

I watched last night and my comments......

So that is Jackson Brown!! If I had known the songs I would have understood all the hoopla! I loved Bruce's speech as did my daughter.

I am not a fan of Kid Rock at all but I thought he did very well inducting Bob Seger. I felt it came from the heart. Being from 'just north' of Detroit as well Bob has been in my life a bit as well. I never realized how cute he was when he was very young tho!

I thought George's induction was fantastic! All the things said before ring true. It did bring a few tears. The only 'negative' thought I had was thinking that it was kinda 'odd' to pick one of George's Beatle songs to play during his solo induction. It was just a fleeting thought and I just went back to enjoying the love that appeared as they played the song. Good stuff.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 04:47 AM   #67
FPSHOT
Sun King

Eric Clapton has said why he did not speak at the R&R hof

Clapton said he decided not to do it because he's getting ready for his next round of tour dates, and also because it's time someone else talked about Harrison. "On one hand, I have a lot of work to do," Clapton said. "I have slightly different personnel in the band, so it needs a proper input. And on the other hand, I think it will be befitting for someone else to do that induction. I mean, I think I've just been over-associated with George's memory, you know? There's no other reason than that--I just think that someone else needs to share in it."

Having said that, Clapton is very happy that Harrison is being honored, and he said the last couple of years have shown how important Harrison really was. "The best thing that came out of his passing was that we all got to remember exactly what he'd contributed, you know, as much as any of the other guys--and maybe more so," Clapton said, "because it was an individual achievement. You know, Lennon and McCartney's one thing, and Paul is one thing, and John's one, but I think George--in my opinion, I found him, his work the most accessible, and the strongest, for me to tune in to."

http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=217287
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2004, 05:28 AM   #68
Hari's Chick

Thanks, FPSHOT. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I think it was beautiful having his WIlbury buddies induct him anyways. EC...I see him a such a 'focused' guy, in that he wrapped up so much emotion in the package of the Concert for George...then moves on. Kinda I believe he did the same following the passing over of his son. He has been through so much. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

But I am also happy EC wasn't there, because had he been there, no doubt he would have been playing the solo for WMGGW and we would not have seen Prince do it. The radio staions here were talking about it yesterday, Prince's screaming guitar work.

Even they had a little small clip between segments and it shows Dhani backstage looking and he asks someone where Prince is and Dhani said, "I wanna give him a hug". [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I really like what EC recognizes in George's solo works. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Hari's Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2004, 07:16 PM   #69
Savoy Truffle
Paperback Writer

I agree very much with all you've said HC and I'm kind of glad EC didn't do it either tho he would have been a great choice. But we've heard many times what he can do with the solo for WMGGW so it's great to get a new and different perspective. And also like EC said to give someone else a chance, especially to say some words about George. He was very right there. Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne loved George so much too and I'm sure they were thrilled to have been asked.

And it's very nice to see in print Eric's words about George's solo career.
Savoy Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2004, 07:56 PM   #70
biglou114
Bulldog

Send a message via AIM to biglou114

Only 9 more years till the Wilburys could be inducted.
biglou114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2004, 03:54 AM   #71
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

I looked through some past topics and didn't find it, but anyone know why Paul and Ringo weren't there or involved? Or did I miss something? I thought it was great that Yoko was there, but it made Paul and Ringo's absence greater. Just curious.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 05:16 PM   #72
SoftTouch
Nowhere Man

It was truly a blessing and so *deserved* for George to be inducted. I agree (as usual) with HC's comments, but my own would include:

1) Olivia - Everytime I see her she is more beautiful from the inside out, strong, full of love, and was a perfect match for George!

2) Dhani - Wow, beyond words, I can't wait to see what life brings him and what additional gifts he will bring to others...he's already done so much, for us especially here at CP!

3) Tom Petty - so obvious what a true friend he was to George. I loved when he said "George loved guitars, he loved Dhani and Olivia...etc." Fabulous, Tom, thanks from the bottom of My heart!

4) Prince never sounded better on guitar! George, as usual, brings out the BEST in us...
SoftTouch is offline   Reply With Quote