BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Bootleg Network

Old Sep 06, 2011, 08:38 PM   #1
Dr. Robert

Default Decca...For the Millionth Time..

Legs/Serena/any other bootleg experts please help. I have I don't know how many copies and downloads of the New Year's Day blah blah blah in my collection. This past year especially there have been several new releases that are the "best of the best", speed corrected, "as good as 'Anthology'", etc. and because I'm a dumb ass and am always looking for the best quality, I end up downloading them or buying them as in the past. Here is another one just posted. Help. Please.

Nevermind The Tremeloes ... Here's The Beetles
EAC FLAC IMAGE + CUE & LOG
HQ Art
*Fake* Decca (2011)
45-F, 11486

01 - Money (That's What I Want)
02 - The Sheik of Araby
03 - Memphis Tennessee
04 - Three Cool Cats
05 - Sure To Fall
06 - September In The Rain
07 - Take Good Care of My Baby
08 - Till There Was You 11-18-52
09 - Crying, Waiting, Hoping
10 - To Know Her Is To Love Her
11 - Besame Mucho
12 - Searchin'
13 - Like Dreamers Do
14 - Hello Little Girl
15 - Love of The Loved
16 - We Hoped We'd Passed The Audition

OU Comments: This is the new 'HBNL' source. True intro to "Money" and "Hello Little Girl", possible longer outros to some songs (haven't fully compared). Basically this was one of the 1st dubs from the master edit reel which was possibly used for the bootlegs that came out in the 70s. Though just google this title and you might find out more about this material from other forums. This is as good as it gets though people might argue. Can this source be remastered? Should it?
Beetle people who have heard this already say: "Get this NOW! It cannot possibly be improved upon. As far as Decca Tapes go, all other issues are now officially obsolete."
"Sounds really good!"
"Congratulations on this! I did some very careful listening to "Like Dreamers Do" from about a half dozen sources and this one not only seems the best, it is amazingly close to the Anthology version."
"Sounds incredible."
"Thank you for this. Finally got a chance to do some in-depth analysis on this, and it is indeed better than what I thought was previously the best source.. Plus, yours is at the correct speed!"

Last edited by 834 : Sep 06, 2011 at 08:39 PM.
834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2011, 10:41 PM   #3
hibgal
Sun King

I might be wrong but I THINK 834 might be asking whether he should get it in addition to all the other similar bootlegs he already has or pass it up.

Sometimes I dream in colors
It always happens when
I find myself with others
Who don't pretend
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2011, 11:06 PM   #4
Serena

The best would be in the ear of the beholder, so I don't think accurately tell you if it's 'truly' worth it, the 'proof' is in the link

Although I Hope We Past the Audition from Purple Chick has been sufficient enough for me, I would still strongly recommend this release. Such a massive sweep of grains to reveal a more refreshing and crystallized surface! Somebody well 'Febreezed' this up! Almost sounds like you're standing right in front of them (almost) I recommend headphones for better experience.

Last edited by Serena : Sep 06, 2011 at 11:08 PM.
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2011, 11:11 PM   #5
hibgal
Sun King

Thanks, Serena. I'll give it a stab!

Sometimes I dream in colors
It always happens when
I find myself with others
Who don't pretend
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2011, 04:38 AM   #6
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal View Post
I might be wrong but I THINK 834 might be asking whether he should get it in addition to all the other similar bootlegs he already has or pass it up.
Correct Hib and thanks for understanding my apparantly difficult post. The info I posted above was for the download, and I wanted to see if any of you have a favorite 'best' issue of the Decca recording because there are so many. Anyways, I downloaded it last night in FLAC and I guess the next thing is to A/B the versions I have. I just like getting people's opinions about different bootlegs and these days with the different software out there, they are continually being 'remastered', upgraded, etc.
Old Sep 07, 2011, 10:39 AM   #7
Serena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 834 View Post
Correct Hib and thanks for understanding my apparantly difficult post. The info I posted above was for the download, and I wanted to see if any of you have a favorite 'best' issue of the Decca recording because there are so many. Anyways, I downloaded it last night in FLAC and I guess the next thing is to A/B the versions I have. I just like getting people's opinions about different bootlegs and these days with the different software out there, they are continually being 'remastered', upgraded, etc.
Although it is a nicely remastered release, it's also quite superfluous. I suppose in terms of the Beatles particularly, someone will never be satisfied with what's out there and will always be on the search 'the best.' Quite alright though, dissatisfaction is a natural attribute of humans among many desires.

Anyway, I still find it all too redundant. The Beatles have been bootlegged and remastered to death and it's becoming some sort of an elusive drug. Unfortunately we don't see enough of this attention for other artists that well deserve a 'tune up,' or at least not nearly as much. I do admire the challenge though of what many think they can ameliorate, but I'm usually more intrigued with a little twist added, such as what any outfake, mash-up or "Tuned to a Natural E" release has offered. But the Beatles do have a limited catalog that can only be distributed so many times. Still everyone is on the search for their real 'hidden treasures;' however, these can probably only be released and authenticated by Paul, Ringo and maybe George Martin themselves and thus cannot be naturally bootlegged.

Nevertheless, I will still politely listen to whatever 'new' someone has to offer, but will remain satisfied with the renditions I have already acquired; Purple Chick, Silent Sea and Dr. Ebbett all have been sufficient enough for me, I've never purchased an official remastered release because of them. Good luck to those still anxiously searching for 'the best!' I hope someday you eventually reach your peak of satisfaction.

Old Sep 07, 2011, 11:01 AM   #8
Dr. Robert

It's the never ending search, kind of like trying to figure out the meaning of life or something, but my heart jumps a little when there is something 'new' out there. A few months back I downloaded the "Studio Session" sets and I can't tell much difference between those and Silent Sea/Purple Chick, just a few added remixes and that's about it. You were wise to stay the Ebbetts/Purple Chick course because it doesn't get any better than those really and frankly I prefer them the Remasters in most cases.

Last edited by 834 : Sep 07, 2011 at 11:01 AM.
834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2011, 10:32 AM   #9
moptop
Fool On The Hill

Default Never Mind The Tremeloes... Here's The Beatles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena View Post
Although it is a nicely remastered release, it's also quite superfluous. I suppose in terms of the Beatles particularly, someone will never be satisfied with what's out there and will always be on the search 'the best.' Quite alright though, dissatisfaction is a natural attribute of humans among many desires.

Anyway, I still find it all too redundant. The Beatles have been bootlegged and remastered to death and it's becoming some sort of an elusive drug. Unfortunately we don't see enough of this attention for other artists that well deserve a 'tune up,' or at least not nearly as much. I do admire the challenge though of what many think they can ameliorate, but I'm usually more intrigued with a little twist added, such as what any outfake, mash-up or "Tuned to a Natural E" release has offered. But the Beatles do have a limited catalog that can only be distributed so many times. Still everyone is on the search for their real 'hidden treasures;' however, these can probably only be released and authenticated by Paul, Ringo and maybe George Martin themselves and thus cannot be naturally bootlegged.

Nevertheless, I will still politely listen to whatever 'new' someone has to offer, but will remain satisfied with the renditions I have already acquired; Purple Chick, Silent Sea and Dr. Ebbett all have been sufficient enough for me, I've never purchased an official remastered release because of them. Good luck to those still anxiously searching for 'the best!' I hope someday you eventually reach your peak of satisfaction.
Sorry Serena , you are quiet wrong about Never Mind The Tremeloes... Here's The Beatles it is not a remaster reissue it is the first HQ presentation of the Tape used to make the famous Deccagone Singles. It has not been tweaked/remastered it is a newly released source that has not been flattened by the record plant.

It is not only an upgrade but a very clear upgrade and a CORE choice and the only reason that it will become superfluous is that on the 50th Anniversary a previously unreleased Tape is to be released which is better again. Indeed from the material I have heard it is vastly superior to the Anthology limited releases.

Role on January .
moptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2011, 01:45 PM   #10
Serena

What I meant was that all it essentially is it's another sound enhanced re-release or source of the same session, nothing on there is completely new and unheard of. As for it being the CORE choice, that will vary with each listener by preference or desire; but for the collector who has or needs everything, this will still no doubt be a commended selection.

Last edited by Serena : Nov 06, 2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2011, 02:58 PM   #11
moptop
Fool On The Hill

Default Decca

Quote:
What I meant was that all it essentially is it's another sound enhanced re-release or source of the same session, nothing on there is completely new and unheard of. As for it being the CORE choice, that will vary with each listener by preference or desire; but for the collector who has or needs everything, this will still no doubt be a commended selection.
I agree in that it is a session that has been heard before, but I would challenge anyone to say that Never Mind The Tremeloes is not the best version yet.

The improvement is vast . If any one hasn't yet got this title check it out and see what you think.
Old Nov 06, 2011, 05:32 PM   #12
Serena

Between all the Decca releases I've heard, I would agree that this one sounds by far the best; but how much longer until this one is swept away by the next big thing? It's hard to keep up with these upgrades and constantly replacing the old one. I'd be satisfied with this one enough, but I'll consider staying open for the next one.

Old Nov 07, 2011, 02:11 PM   #13
moptop
Fool On The Hill

Default Decca Upgrade

Quote:
Between all the Decca releases I've heard, I would agree that this one sounds by far the best; but how much longer until this one is swept away by the next big thing? It's hard to keep up with these upgrades and constantly replacing the old one. I'd be satisfied with this one enough, but I'll consider staying open for the next one.
January 2012

Last edited by moptop : Nov 07, 2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old Nov 07, 2011, 02:32 PM   #14
Dr. Robert

Serena's obviously content with what she has, and that's great. I will always upgrade no matter how many times. I like these types of discussions Moptop because I like to know as much information as I can and an opinion rather than the usual 'it's in the ear of the beholder' which tells me nothing. EVERYTHING is in the ear of the beholder--that goes without saying. Thanks for your input Moptop--I appreciate what you have to say--it's substantive, not general, and that is refreshing.
Old Nov 07, 2011, 07:26 PM   #15
Serena

Sorry, I wish I could speak of this in more depth, but perhaps my lack of interest in this area goes to my lack of interest in Beatles music lately or for the same reasons I don't upgrade on electronic devices very much either. It's true, there should be more to discuss than what is personally heard, but lately I've had a hard time getting pass the basic track, I guess many are just better listeners than I am. I would be thrilled to death if more collections and upgrades of demos, outtakes and so forth could surface for other artists, but I suppose I feel I've reached a certain peak for Beatles material, hopefully someday I can be re-instigated.

Old Nov 08, 2011, 09:33 AM   #16
Legs
Sun King

At this moment I am listening to Dr. Ebbets latest version of the Decca tapes, The Beatles - The Audition DA-6211. Realy enjoy that one and I already think it's a great sounding version. But then before I got the Dr. Ebbet's version I always liked the Yellow Dog speed corrected version, still hesitate to get rid of it even tho it's only a cd-r copy.
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2011, 01:37 PM   #17
moptop
Fool On The Hill

Default Dr Ebbetts vs Never Mind The Tremeloes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legs View Post
At this moment I am listening to Dr. Ebbets latest version of the Decca tapes, The Beatles - The Audition DA-6211. Realy enjoy that one and I already think it's a great sounding version. But then before I got the Dr. Ebbet's version I always liked the Yellow Dog speed corrected version, still hesitate to get rid of it even tho it's only a cd-r copy.
Legs you are listening to a version ripped from the Deccagone singles .

The Tape which was copied and left with the record plant/shack to make the Deccagones is available on Never Mind The Tremeloes.

I know that chasing upgrades can be very tiresome and sometimes for little gain.

Not this time check it out it's a small but very worthy download.

Unless you are going to wait until January for an earlier source.

There is also an alternate lineup.