BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Paperback Writer

Old Feb 11, 2005, 06:42 AM   #41
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964
Default Re: March 2005 Issue of Rooftop Sessions is UP!

[ QUOTE ]
justanothergirl Posted:
Yay! this is a great issue. Starr Trek by Lisha Goldberg is the funniest thing! I love it

[/ QUOTE ]

Lisha is a genius...Did you read "I Was Conned, By George!" She has written a number of brilliantly funny stories that had me laugh so hard I was wiping tears out of my eyes, like the one about George's e-mail and the eBay war and then there was the cool senior lady who won a date with Ringo, and on a more serious note, "The Writing's On the Wall." That is a deeply moving story that I cannot recommend highly enough.

I also love her Halloween party story where George was "a travel agent" for Bangladesh and then there was the John Lennon story....heck, just read the stories in the archives. You will be uncovering a plethora of treasures!

Last edited by HMVNipper : Mar 01, 2005 at 03:47 PM.
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 10:33 AM   #42
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

Yay! I'm so excited, I gotta check it out!

lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 02:45 PM   #43
BeatleBabe21
Mr. Moonlight

Send a message via AIM to BeatleBabe21
Default Re: February 2005 Issue of Rooftop Sessions is UP!

[ QUOTE ]
beatlebangs1964 Posted:
[ QUOTE ]
justanothergirl Posted:
Yay! this is a great issue. Starr Trek by Lisha Goldberg is the funniest thing! I love it

[/ QUOTE ]

Lisha is a genius...Did you read "I Was Conned, By George!" She has written a number of brilliantly funny stories that had me laugh so hard I was wiping tears out of my eyes, like the one about George's e-mail and the eBay war and then there was the cool senior lady who won a date with Ringo, and on a more serious note, "The Writing's On the Wall." That is a deeply moving story that I cannot recommend highly enough.

I also love her Halloween party story where George was "a travel agent" for Bangladesh and then there was the John Lennon story....heck, just read the stories in the archives. You will be uncovering a plethora of treasures!

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOVE her storys...she has talent, she has...
BeatleBabe21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 10:16 PM   #44
Loving Lennon
Apple Scruff

thats great, going there now

Loving Lennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 02:54 AM   #45
Maxine
Dr. Robert

Great issue! Iīm so totally hooked on Nowhere Man and Paulīs Boxers, I can hardly wait for the March issue.

Last edited by HMVNipper : Mar 01, 2005 at 03:48 PM.
Maxine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 04:49 AM   #46
beatlebangs1964

Yeah...I eagerly await each issue. The stories you listed above are excellent...

Please join me in a rousing request for more George stories!

Old Feb 14, 2005, 06:16 AM   #47
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

I read Lisha's "Starr Trek" last night and laughed my head off. What a GREAT read! Excellent issue!

DizzymissLizzy909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2005, 07:12 PM   #48
BeatleBabe21
Mr. Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964
Yeah...I eagerly await each issue. The stories you listed above are excellent...

Please join me in a rousing request for more George stories!
mmhmmm....how about a "George Rooftop Sessions"?...

"I'm not the Beatles. I'm me. Paul isn't the Beatles...The Beatles are the Beatles. Separately, they are separate." -John Lennon

**AUBREY**
Old Feb 25, 2005, 05:38 AM   #49
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatleBabe21
mmhmmm....how about a "George Rooftop Sessions"?...
I can't run stories I don't have, people. If no one submits George stories that are up to the standards set out in the Guidelines, I don't have any to run. So if you want to see more, write them and submit them for consideration, don't just grouse about it, okay? Because frankly, it makes me really uncomfortable when people keep saying they want more of this or more of that on a continual basis and I can't do anything about it. I know you aren't trying to be nasty or bug me or anything when you say things like this, but think about it from my point of view -- I do the absolute best I can to present my zine every single month (for five whole years now), and all I'm hearing is "I want more of" something I can't provide? Let's just say it doesn't make me feel too good, like the rest of the zine is somehow inadequate, which is something I know is not so.

I'm sorry, I just had to say something about this at long last...I don't want to discourage people from making suggestions, but honestly -- don't you think if I HAD a ton of George stories, I'd be running them? I can't please all of the people all of the time, sorry.

I didn't mean to deliver a sermon here -- but please try to see it from my point of view as editor, okay? You want stories about a specific Beatle, write them. Submit them for consideration. The worst that can happen is that the story won't be suitable, and even then I'm not an ogre.

I'll get off my soapbox now...and no, I'm not angry at anyone, so please don't feel like I was picking on any of you. Just explaining.
"And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in all the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual." - John Steinbeck

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." - Anais Nin

Last edited by HMVNipper : Feb 25, 2005 at 05:39 AM.
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 06:22 AM   #50
beatlebangs1964

Thumbs up

Susan is right. That is only fair. I admit to being guilty as charged.

Also, think of the stories we've been enjoying. Rooftop Sessions did not get to be the high caliber work it is for nothing. Any story you read will be of high caliber, regardless of featured Fab or genre.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
Old Feb 26, 2005, 05:55 PM   #51
BeatleBabe21
Mr. Moonlight

I agree...I was just goofing around...I very much enjoy all of the storys, I didn't mean to start anything..

"I'm not the Beatles. I'm me. Paul isn't the Beatles...The Beatles are the Beatles. Separately, they are separate." -John Lennon

**AUBREY**
Old Feb 28, 2005, 02:57 PM   #52
lonely_rubber_peppers
Nowhere Man

Send a message via MSN to lonely_rubber_peppers

Can't wait for the new issue....no matter what's in it! :)
lonely_rubber_peppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2005, 03:30 PM   #53
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper
Exclamation March 2005 Issue of Rooftop Sessions is UP!

Hello Readers!

Well, it's March 1st, and time again for another new issue of ROOFTOP SESSIONS, the monthly e-zine featuring the finest in Beatles-related fiction on the Web. With this March issue, we usher in our SIXTH YEAR of presenting you with the highest-quality Beatles fan fiction available, and feature three stories and a new poem. I believe that this makes Rooftop Sessions the longest-running Beatles fanfic 'zine on the internet, and I would like to thank every one of you for your support and enthusiasm over the years, support and enthusiasm that has made our success possible. We are nothing without our readership, and you are all greatly appreciated!

Before I announce this month's issue, I would like to address an issue that has arisen recently. Many, many readers have expressed a desire to see more stories about a particular Beatle featured in each issue. As much as I would like to accommodate reader requests for more George stories, or Paul stories, or John stories, etc., I can't run what I don't have. Believe me when I say that I do not sit on submissions -- if I have them, I run them, usually within a month or two of receiving and accepting them. If I am not putting stories about your favorite Beatle in the issues, the only thing I can suggest to those of you who want them is that you write them and submit them for consideration. While I cannot guarantee publication until I read the work, I can tell you that the worst that can happen is that your story might not be suitable in accordance with the standards set out in our Guidelines, and even then, I'm not an ogre if I have to turn something down. Honestly, I'm a nice person! ;) So don't be shy -- read the Guidelines (available at http://www.rooftopsessions.com/guidelines.htm ) and our Frequently Asked Questions (at http://www.rooftopsessions.com/FAQ.htm ), write a story, and submit it for consideration. Who knows, you might be the next new author to be featured in the pages of Rooftop Sessions!

And now, we proudly present our March issue, ushering in our sixth year!

"Nowhere Man - Part 9" by Angel Godiva - John's closely guarded secret is discovered -- and the people of Harmony rally around him.

"Paul's Boxers - Part 4" by Elizabeth Darcy - Charley takes Paul up on his offer to help her nab Nathan, but she doesn't count on falling for the wrong man...

"Starr Trek - Part 2" by Lisha Goldberg - There are some very strange goings-on happening in outer space...

"1960s" by Helen Marketti - A poem reflecting on a turbulent time.

As usual, the URL is http://www.rooftopsessions.com -- please do consider writing to the authors; email links appear at the end of every story for you to contact them, and it is really terrific if you take the time to comment.

Enjoy the March issue, and thank you all again for making Rooftop Sessions the most successful Beatles fan fiction website on the 'net!

Susan Ryan
Publisher and Editor-in-Chief

Last edited by HMVNipper : Mar 01, 2005 at 03:33 PM.
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2005, 04:28 PM   #54
lonely_rubber_peppers
Nowhere Man

Send a message via MSN to lonely_rubber_peppers

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lonely_rubber_peppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2005, 08:33 PM   #55
beatlebangs1964

Thumbs up

As usual, I am DELIGHTED with this month's high caliber works!

I love it!

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

Old Mar 01, 2005, 08:35 PM   #56
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

Oh boy, I'm so excited to read part 2 of "Starr Trek" but i have to wait until tomorrow. It'll be tough.
Old Mar 02, 2005, 08:50 AM   #57
beatlebangs1964

Thumbs up

I like the idea of having just one thread for the monthly issues. This makes sense and we can check any and all statements about the issues in one thread. Hats off to this decision!

Hats off to Rooftop Sessions!

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Mar 02, 2005 at 08:51 AM.
Old Mar 02, 2005, 09:51 AM   #58
BeatleBabe21
Mr. Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964
Hats off to Rooftop Sessions!
I second that!...

**AUBREY**
Old Mar 08, 2005, 05:55 AM   #59
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

I just checked it out! It has some great stories!

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2005, 10:26 AM   #60
beatlebangs1964

Talking

That's all you're gonna get, Luvr! Great stories are the ones that get accepted!