BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Oct 17, 2004, 12:59 AM   #21
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper
Default Re: Why is it like that????

[ QUOTE ]
BeatlesScruff Posted:
[ QUOTE ]
Sadie4 Posted:
[ QUOTE ]
BeatlesScruff Posted:

[ QUOTE ]
Johnny-Girl Posted:
They look at you with "Oh my God!"-eyes, and in the worst cases they start calling you 'necrophile'. It's odd really.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> Wow! I'm not the only one! People always find it funny to call me a necrophiliac!!! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> Incredible! I can't believe it!! he same happens to me. When I say I love JOHN madly, people tell me I'm crazy, that I'm a necrophilioac and all that crap. They can't understand JOHN is alive for me and I love him soooo muchhhh!!!! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> That is EXACTLY what I feel! John is living in my heart, mind and soul. John is my husband in my heart, mind, and soul, and world, and bahhH!!!!! everywhere!!! But people cannot see that!!! And I am NOT a necrophilioac coz if he's living, ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... There isn't a way.................. I LOVE YOU JOHN!!!!!!!!!! AND PEOPLE ARE SOOOOO DISREPECTFUL, IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY!!!!!!! But I always have to take up for you, always!!!!! You are my life, Johnny!!

Tiff Lennon </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not calling anyone here a necrophile, because God knows I love John too. But I must say that there's a difference between loving what he was ABOUT, and what he was LIKE, and spending one's time pining for a man who's been dead for 24 years. I NEVER let my feelings for John (which are VERY real, let me tell you) stop me from having a real life, a real husband, a real child and a real, fulfilling relationship. I find it really sad when young girls, people who would be young enough to be John's GRANDDAUGHTERS if he was alive, spend their time pining after him instead of living the life they have ahead of them and finding real, living males to spend their lives with.

No, no one here is a necrophile because they have strong feelings for John. He inspires that in people, even now. But even fantasy "sex" with a corpse is pretty goddamn cold in the long run...fantasy is fine, but trust me when I say that reality is so much better. I would not trade my real, living, breathing, ATTAINABLE husband and my beautiful, wonderful, gorgeous child for all the John Lennons in the world, thanks very much. And I DO love him -- I just keep it in perspective.
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2004, 01:01 AM   #22
Johnny-Girl
Day Tripper

Location: Locked up in my room with John... doing naughty things.
Send a message via MSN to Johnny-Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Johnny-Girl

[ QUOTE ]
BeatlesScruff Posted:
[ QUOTE ]
Sadie4 Posted:
[ QUOTE ]
BeatlesScruff Posted:

[ QUOTE ]
Johnny-Girl Posted:
They look at you with "Oh my God!"-eyes, and in the worst cases they start calling you 'necrophile'. It's odd really.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> Wow! I'm not the only one! People always find it funny to call me a necrophiliac!!! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> Incredible! I can't believe it!! he same happens to me. When I say I love JOHN madly, people tell me I'm crazy, that I'm a necrophilioac and all that crap. They can't understand JOHN is alive for me and I love him soooo muchhhh!!!! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> That is EXACTLY what I feel! John is living in my heart, mind and soul. John is my husband in my heart, mind, and soul, and world, and bahhH!!!!! everywhere!!! But people cannot see that!!! And I am NOT a necrophilioac coz if he's living, ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... There isn't a way.................. I LOVE YOU JOHN!!!!!!!!!! AND PEOPLE ARE SOOOOO DISREPECTFUL, IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY!!!!!!! But I always have to take up for you, always!!!!! You are my life, Johnny!!

Tiff Lennon </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

It all sounds sooooo familiar.
I dunno, a lot of people are just stupid, I guess. It's all a matter of respect... I am not saying everybody should like the fact that I love John so deeply, but there's just no need for calling me a necrophiliac or stuff like that.

Thanks for your replies, girls.
Johnny-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2004, 02:02 AM   #23
Legs
Sun King

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno, a lot of people are just stupid, I guess. It's all a matter of respect...

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling people stupid is respectful how?
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2004, 03:11 AM   #24
Johnny-Girl
Day Tripper

[ QUOTE ]
Legs Posted:
[ QUOTE ]
I dunno, a lot of people are just stupid, I guess. It's all a matter of respect...

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling people stupid is respectful how?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I haven't got much respect for people who don't treat me with respect. So that's where I'm coming from, calling them stupid. I try to treat everybody equally and with respect, but if they can't do the same thing with me, then they're not worth my time.

Btw, you find it normal then, people calling me necrophiliac? Cuz that's what I was talking about. And I don't think that is very respectful. Thank you very much.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 03:16 AM   #25
Johnny-Girl
Day Tripper

[ QUOTE ]
HMVNipper Posted:

I'm not calling anyone here a necrophile, because God knows I love John too. But I must say that there's a difference between loving what he was ABOUT, and what he was LIKE, and spending one's time pining for a man who's been dead for 24 years. I NEVER let my feelings for John (which are VERY real, let me tell you) stop me from having a real life, a real husband, a real child and a real, fulfilling relationship. I find it really sad when young girls, people who would be young enough to be John's GRANDDAUGHTERS if he was alive, spend their time pining after him instead of living the life they have ahead of them and finding real, living males to spend their lives with.

No, no one here is a necrophile because they have strong feelings for John. He inspires that in people, even now. But even fantasy "sex" with a corpse is pretty goddamn cold in the long run...fantasy is fine, but trust me when I say that reality is so much better. I would not trade my real, living, breathing, ATTAINABLE husband and my beautiful, wonderful, gorgeous child for all the John Lennons in the world, thanks very much. And I DO love him -- I just keep it in perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if this is also directed at me, the one who started about being called necrophiliac. Anyhow, I just wanted to say that I know what you mean.
I haven't got a relationship right now, and I am not really looking for it at this time either. But, I do like to keep my eyes open somehow.
But also, a bit of fantasy in my life isn't doing ME any harm. That's all I wanted to say.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 05:09 AM   #26
HMVNipper
Sun King

[ QUOTE ]
Johnny-Girl Posted:
[ QUOTE ]
HMVNipper Posted:

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if this is also directed at me, the one who started about being called necrophiliac. Anyhow, I just wanted to say that I know what you mean.
I haven't got a relationship right now, and I am not really looking for it at this time either. But, I do like to keep my eyes open somehow.
But also, a bit of fantasy in my life isn't doing ME any harm. That's all I wanted to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Johnny-Girl, it wasn't in response to anything you said. I think you have things well in perspective. I quoted Tiff, actually, because when she says "John is my husband in my heart, mind, and soul, and world" it scares me. Tiff, honey, you're a beautiful young girl -- pining for a dead man is sad, if that's all you're doing. And comments like that make me believe that you are spending all your time mooning over a man who could never be yours except in fantasy. (And NO, I am not putting you down or not understanding, I do understand...) He couldn't even be yours even if he was alive, honey, he'd be SIXTY-FOUR YEARS OLD and in all likelihood, married to his soul mate, Yoko, or to some woman of a certain age...and that age would NOT be a girl young enough to be his granddaughter.

A bit of HEALTHY fantasy is a good thing, but it must be kept in perspective. And I don't think that ANY person answering this thread is a necrophile, because it's about people not understanding that you have strong feelings for John, and God knows I've had people say that to me too. I'm a lot older than most of the people who answered in this thread -- I am probably old enough to be most of your mothers -- and I heard that kind of talk when he was ALIVE, for God's sake, that he was old enough to be my father and what the heck was I doing! I totally understand about fantasizing about John (I'm MARRIED and I do!), but when he becomes your "one and only" at the age of 15 or 16 and you stop looking for love in the real world, it's just sad. All I can say is that I hope those who are so obsessed grow out of it a little bit -- it's okay to love the guy and love him a lot, and it can be VERY, VERY real, but don't let it stop you from enjoying LIFE!
Old Oct 17, 2004, 07:48 PM   #27
ringo_rama
Old Brown Shoe

Not to be harsh, but to be honest, no guy will want to be with you if you can't get over the fact that John (or any deceased other celebrity) is dead. Yes, it is a shame, and I wish he was still alive. But thinking that you are married to John, or that being obsessed with a dead man (albeit a very great person) is better than the real deal, you'll probably be living a very lonely life.

Now, alive celebrities are a whole different ballgame. I just know that Liz Phair is holding out for me, so I have to do the same for her.
ringo_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2004, 09:01 PM   #28
PotatoBeatle
Apple Scruff

I agree with the whole keeping things in perspective thing. Don't let imagination consume and take over life, you gotta go out and live. It's definitely one thing to find the qualities in John attractive and realizing that it's impossible to have him, as opposed to truly believing that he's already yours. I like the qualities in John, so I prefer and seek out guys my age in real life that have the same qualities as he did. I dig funny, artistic, guitar-playing , intellectual, and unique guys. And not to mention brown hair, brown - eyed guys!

Go out and Carpe Diem!
PotatoBeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2004, 12:41 AM   #29
HMVNipper
Sun King

[ QUOTE ]
PotatoBeatle Posted:
I agree with the whole keeping things in perspective thing. Don't let imagination consume and take over life, you gotta go out and live. It's definitely one thing to find the qualities in John attractive and realizing that it's impossible to have him, as opposed to truly believing that he's already yours. I like the qualities in John, so I prefer and seek out guys my age in real life that have the same qualities as he did. I dig funny, artistic, guitar-playing , intellectual, and unique guys. And not to mention brown hair, brown - eyed guys!

Go out and Carpe Diem!

[/ QUOTE ]

See, there ya go! I will absolutely acknowledge that all the qualities I found (and still find) attractive in John led me to the man I married, who posesses so many of the same wonderful qualities! My husband is handsome, sexy, intelligent, witty, honest and kind, with a quirky and unique sense of humor. (Gee, does THAT sound like anyone else we admire around here? ) But if I'd stopped moving on when I was 14 and had spent my life pining for John, a man I could never have in reality, I'd be very much alone right now. (And once John was dead...well...what's the point in saving oneself for a dead guy? I was 19 when he died -- and I knew I wasn't cut out to be alone and loveless for the rest of my life!)

What I DID do was realize that I wanted the same kinds of qualities I found attractive in John in a man who was attainable. Don't get me wrong -- there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with loving John a lot, and I think that those of you who have friends who put you down for finding him attractive should tell them where the heck to go! But the unfortunate reality is that John IS dead -- so since you can't have HIM (and you couldn't if he was alive, either), keep your eyes open for a guy who reminds you of him...you'd be surprised how many very wonderful LIVING guys there are around who have all those wonderful Lennonesque qualities!
Old Oct 18, 2004, 03:04 AM   #30
Sadie4
Wild Honey Pie

[ QUOTE ]
HMVNipper Posted:
[ QUOTE ]
BeatlesScruff Posted:
[ QUOTE ]
Sadie4 Posted:
[ QUOTE ]
BeatlesScruff Posted:

[ QUOTE ]
Johnny-Girl Posted:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tiff Lennon </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> Hey! And who says I'm not having a eral life? I have a boyfriend whom I love so much and I am getting married next year, but he knows JOHHN is the real love of my life, and he knows I'm with him because I can't be with JOHN. JOHN is the only man I'll always love, and he's the gorgeous man on Earth. he's a bit jealous, yes, of course, but he must take it or leave it. </font>
Sadie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2004, 03:37 AM   #31
HMVNipper
Sun King

[ QUOTE ]
Sadie4 Posted:
[ QUOTE ]
HMVNipper Posted:

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> Hey! And who says I'm not having a eral life? I have a boyfriend whom I love so much and I am getting married next year, but he knows JOHHN is the real love of my life, and he knows I'm with him because I can't be with JOHN. JOHN is the only man I'll always love, and he's the gorgeous man on Earth. he's a bit jealous, yes, of course, but he must take it or leave it. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have a very healthy attitude, Sadie. I will always love John too, and my husband understands that and has no problem living with "the other man." It's when John TAKES THE PLACE of a real person that it gets into the realm of questionable. I do not think you are doing that at all.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 12:43 PM   #32
ringo_rama
Old Brown Shoe

[ QUOTE ]
HMVNipper Posted:My husband is handsome, sexy, intelligent, witty, honest and kind, with a quirky and unique sense of humor. (Gee, does THAT sound like anyone else we admire around here? )

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know you gals admired me that much!
ringo_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2004, 01:10 PM   #33
HMVNipper
Sun King

[ QUOTE ]
ringo_rama Posted:
[ QUOTE ]
HMVNipper Posted:My husband is handsome, sexy, intelligent, witty, honest and kind, with a quirky and unique sense of humor. (Gee, does THAT sound like anyone else we admire around here? )

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know you gals admired me that much!

[/ QUOTE ]

Old Oct 20, 2004, 01:49 PM   #34
BeatlesScruff
Mr. Moonlight

[ QUOTE ]
HMVNipper Posted:
[ QUOTE ]
Johnny-Girl Posted:
[ QUOTE ]
HMVNipper Posted:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Johnny-Girl, it wasn't in response to anything you said. I think you have things well in perspective. I quoted Tiff, actually, because when she says "John is my husband in my heart, mind, and soul, and world" it scares me. Tiff, honey, you're a beautiful young girl -- pining for a dead man is sad, if that's all you're doing. And comments like that make me believe that you are spending all your time mooning over a man who could never be yours except in fantasy. (And NO, I am not putting you down or not understanding, I do understand...) He couldn't even be yours even if he was alive, honey, he'd be SIXTY-FOUR YEARS OLD and in all likelihood, married to his soul mate, Yoko, or to some woman of a certain age...and that age would NOT be a girl young enough to be his granddaughter.

A bit of HEALTHY fantasy is a good thing, but it must be kept in perspective. And I don't think that ANY person answering this thread is a necrophile, because it's about people not understanding that you have strong feelings for John, and God knows I've had people say that to me too. I'm a lot older than most of the people who answered in this thread -- I am probably old enough to be most of your mothers -- and I heard that kind of talk when he was ALIVE, for God's sake, that he was old enough to be my father and what the heck was I doing! I totally understand about fantasizing about John (I'm MARRIED and I do!), but when he becomes your "one and only" at the age of 15 or 16 and you stop looking for love in the real world, it's just sad. All I can say is that I hope those who are so obsessed grow out of it a little bit -- it's okay to love the guy and love him a lot, and it can be VERY, VERY real, but don't let it stop you from enjoying LIFE!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> Now I feel, instead of Johnny-Girl, that your response was partially directed towards me. I have been through this with you and several other people in the past. I will only review this one last time, in public for furthermore curiousity with my "obsession", when I say silly things that seem unlikely to possiblely ever happen, please know that I am well aware of it. It's like I have two sides on me, one completely intact to reality and another which is living in the fantasy world, happy and just down right crazy, in a sense. However, though I have two sides to me which I am sure that many of us have, I do know the truth, I am still open to any guy that may come my way, and I am darn-right proud of it. Thank you for listening and if you felt that what I had just said was mean, it wasn't. I am only trying to explain myself to those, not only you, who doesn't understand. Do not allow my posts to scare you because I was serious about it, you would surely know it. But once again, thank you for your concern.

Tiff Lennon </font>
BeatlesScruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2004, 02:00 PM   #35
BeatlesScruff
Mr. Moonlight

[ QUOTE ]
HMVNipper Posted:
[ QUOTE ]
Sadie4 Posted:
[ QUOTE ]
HMVNipper Posted:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have a very healthy attitude, Sadie. I will always love John too, and my husband understands that and has no problem living with "the other man." It's when John TAKES THE PLACE of a real person that it gets into the realm of questionable. I do not think you are doing that at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> Well then you have every reason to believe that my "obsession" is healthy, as well as positive, too. Because I feel exactly the same way as Sadie4 feels deep within. Since this is the internet afterall, we cannot really hear the tone being used in our responses, which is why a lot of arguements get started. Anyway, I have had a bunch of boyfriends in my time but I am still looking. Besides, I am still young and I do not really need a boyfriend right now. I can still have my fun "with" John, go to school, work and things like that. I am not really ready for a relationship, a serious one anyway, and I shouldn't have to be. I am waiting for "the one" and I am being patient (SP?). Besides, I am having family problems as it is and I surely do not want to end up with a guy like my dad. So I have to be careful. This has made me extremely paranoid but I have to try and over come it. See, like I said, this is the internet. Nor do we know our lives at home, our living conditions, etc... I do not have an unhealthy obsession but I do know someone who does. And I think it's partially due to her living conditions and the way she feels.

Tiff Lennon </font>
BeatlesScruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2004, 02:29 PM   #36
HMVNipper
Sun King

I meant nothing insulting, Tiff. Really. But as you point out, this is the internet, and those of us who do not know you personally are understandably likely to interpret "John is my husband in my heart, mind and soul" as something kind of scary!

Nor did I say you should be ready for a real relationship. You are young, you SHOULD take your sweet time and not rush into anything if you are not comfortable with it. But neither should you let "love" for John Lennon prevent you from finding the real thing someday, when you are ready. You can still love John and have a real, fulfilling relationship with a nice guy who is nothing like your father. (And I relate to that more than I care to divulge here on these forums -- let's just say that I married a man who is NOTHING like my father and I'm damn glad I did.)

My point is, don't let John take the place of something real in your life. You can love him and still have all the things you want in reality too, someday. I oughta know, I have both.

There was NO insult intended, believe me.