BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Oct 13, 2004, 02:10 AM   #1
McCartneyGirl909
Wild Honey Pie

Send a message via Yahoo to McCartneyGirl909 Send a message via Skype™ to McCartneyGirl909
Default Why is it like that????

My classmate saw the pic of John Lennon inside my wallet and start acting like she felt loathsome of having John as one of my crushes. What do you think they're like that???? I mean, John Lennon in the 'Help!' era was oh.... so cute...
McCartneyGirl909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 02:16 AM   #2
beatlemad
Taxman

Default Re: Why is it like that????

People react like that because he is from a time that has passed.People tend to have crushes on people who are relevant now.I'm not saying thats right but thats the way I see it.
beatlemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 05:19 AM   #3
McCartneyGirl909
Wild Honey Pie

Send a message via Yahoo to McCartneyGirl909 Send a message via Skype™ to McCartneyGirl909

But... to think... John Lennon is physically attractive too!!!They're liking much the today's popular people!!!
McCartneyGirl909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 05:54 AM   #4
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

[ QUOTE ]
McCartneyGirl909 Posted:
But... to think... John Lennon is physically attractive too!!!They're liking much the today's popular people!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you completely McCartney Girl, but you also have to remember that John Lennon has been dead for the past 24 years, and to your friends, who are young (young enough to be his granddaughters if he was alive), he's not worth considering attractive.

I'm not saying that's right, but it is understandable -- you seem to have the right idea, though -- that someone could have been attractive and could still be considered to have been so even if he's gone. I mean, not only do I think John was really sexy and attractive, I think Cary Grant was, and he's from an even older era and is also dead...I think it makes no difference, handsome is handsome...but your friends can't see past the fact that John, to them, is something bygone.

Hope that makes sense, and don't let them get to you.
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 08:54 AM   #5
LovinLennon909
Taxman

It isn't fair, is it? Marilyn Monroe is still regarded as one of the sexiest women ever, and that's perfectly acceptable. But to find John Lennon sexy or attractive (which I do) is almost taboo; it makes you subject to ridicule and scorn.
LovinLennon909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 09:22 AM   #6
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

[ QUOTE ]
LovinLennon909 Posted:
It isn't fair, is it? Marilyn Monroe is still regarded as one of the sexiest women ever, and that's perfectly acceptable. But to find John Lennon sexy or attractive (which I do) is almost taboo; it makes you subject to ridicule and scorn.

[/ QUOTE ]

And it shouldn't -- he WAS one of the sexiest men ever. Ask any Beatles fan. Hell, ask other people...any woman with EYES will tell you he was pretty damn sexy!

There's no accounting for taste...
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 01:46 PM   #7
ringo_rama
Old Brown Shoe

As a teenage guy, I can vouch for that with Marilyn Monroe. She died about 35 years before me and my friends were born, but she's still a major hottie in our eyes.
ringo_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 02:58 PM   #8
ImaginePeace78
Dr. Robert

Send a message via AIM to ImaginePeace78 Send a message via Yahoo to ImaginePeace78

I visited my cousin this past weekend and she was saying, "Don't you like any guys now?" (i.e. the casts of Friends). I told my cousin, not really. I don't care if he's been gone for 24 years, John is still No. 1 on my list. My family has been asking me that (about the Beatles--don't you listen to anything else, or 'when are you going to move on?') Please. I can't believe they still ask me questions like that and I've been a fan for 10 years!
-Kristi
ImaginePeace78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 05:00 PM   #9
Dr. Dreamer
Mr. Moonlight

Because, thankfully everyone is different. Like anything (and it seems especially true of how a person looks to others) it is subjective. You'd just hope others could appreciate another point of view- agree to disagree and respect you for it. Another touchy subject is politics...
When somebody I know comments like John's the most unattractive man they've ever seen- I just ignore them... and their politics.
Besides there's alot more to the man than his looks and unless you inform yourself about him as a person- inside- you'll know those who only look at the surface just don't "get it" about why John enchants and excites us. Well- enough from me
Dr. Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 06:16 AM   #10
Johnny-Girl
Day Tripper

Location: Locked up in my room with John... doing naughty things.
Send a message via MSN to Johnny-Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Johnny-Girl

[ QUOTE ]
LovinLennon909 Posted:

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my, I know ALL about it. They look at you with "Oh my God!"-eyes, and in the worst cases they start calling you 'necrophile'. It's odd really.
Johnny-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 09:32 AM   #11
Apple Scruff
Sun King

[ QUOTE ]
LovinLennon909 Posted:

[/ QUOTE ]

I find him SO sexy! And handsome.

But, in truth, Marilyn is regarded as such because that's basically what she was- a sex symbol. No offense to anyone, but I never considered her much of an actress, though her screen presence was tremendous. Her reputation is based almost entirely on her looks, and then many of the affairs she had with high-profiled men like Dimaggio, Arthur Miller, Yves Montand, and Kennedy. So...I wouldn't be too insulted that John isn't taken on just face-value.

All I know is that, if anything, despite how handsome I do find him, I want him to be regarded first and foremost as one of the most amazing, peerless singers and songwriters who ever lived. And I think he pretty much is, don't you think?
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 01:59 PM   #12
PotatoBeatle
Apple Scruff

I used to wonder if I was a weirdo for having crushes on rockers from the past like John. I don't care anymore because I know that I have peers that will agree with me that he was attractive as well as a brilliant soul, so it's not weird at all. I have crushes on 3 famous and brilliant guys from "old" bands. Including John, I find Joe Strummer and Paul Simonon from The Clash attractive. (My other favorite band ) God rest John and Joe's souls. All three guys, when they were young, were gorgeous, and brilliant artists and beautiful minds. I wish I wasn't born in the wrong decade, I would've loved to see both bands. And to have been around when all the quality music was still being made would be something I wish I could've experienced as it was happening.

I can't really find any modern day rockstars or actors really really attractive, I don't know why. They really just seem one sided, and they really don't have opinions on important issues. They just seem to be just there to look fabulous but thats it. If the guy is realistically good looking and has a brain, then I love it! These Abercrombie models, don't impress me at all, they're too fake. lol
PotatoBeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 03:46 PM   #13
LovinLennon909
Taxman

[ QUOTE ]
PotatoBeatle Posted:
These Abercrombie models, don't impress me at all, they're too fake. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

And effeminate! That's why John Lennon is my epitome of male perfection. He had a beautiful mind, and personified sex. He was a MAN, if you know what I mean.
LovinLennon909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 06:21 PM   #14
ringo_rama
Old Brown Shoe

[ QUOTE ]
LovinLennon909 Posted:
He was a MAN, if you know what I mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

As proven by the Two Virgins cover.
ringo_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 06:33 PM   #15
1964andtheWalrus
Apple Scruff

[ QUOTE ]
Johnny-Girl Posted:
They look at you with "Oh my God!"-eyes, and in the worst cases they start calling you 'necrophile'. It's odd really.

[/ QUOTE ]

People go way too far trying to annoy Beatle fans.
1964andtheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 08:23 PM   #16
PotatoBeatle
Apple Scruff

[ QUOTE ]
People go way too far trying to annoy Beatle fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of young people in general who like "older" music get made fun of. It's so stupid. I don't get why someone would want to waste their time by putting down someone else's likes in music. There's no point.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 06:27 PM   #17
BeatlesScruff
Mr. Moonlight

[ QUOTE ]
Johnny-Girl Posted:
They look at you with "Oh my God!"-eyes, and in the worst cases they start calling you 'necrophile'. It's odd really.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> Wow! I'm not the only one! People always find it funny to call me a necrophiliac!!! Sick. People think it's odd and strange to even like the music of the past. Some critize you in public but yet, got behind closed doors and do it themselves! So sad! And to even think a guy is hot from back then, it's utterly discusting to them. Well some can think John Travolta is/was hot and get by with it, I suppose because he's still WITH us psychically!!! My having a HUGE obsession with the Beatles make it even worse! People who have not even heard their music shout out obscene things about them when not knowing anything! How horrible is that?!?! And what I don't understand is this: some guys can listen to the Beatles but when I do, it's a big thing... Well, I guess because I am damn well proud of it and show that aspect of my life clearly everyday! I don't know.... But people are extremely rude and NASTY about it! People have said the rudest and meanest things to me. Well too bad I am not like you!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will never be, I don't ever want to be!!!!!!!!!! Ha.

THE BEATLES FOREVER. I WILL ALWAYS BE A BEATLES FAN, NOT MATTER WHAT IS DONE TO ME OR SAID TO BE REGARDING THE MATTER. NOTHING WILL STAND IN MY WAY!!!!!!

Tiff Lennon </font>
BeatlesScruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 10:42 PM   #18
PotatoBeatle
Apple Scruff

This is so funny that this happened around the time of my posts here. Earlier tonight, my only ex boyfriend from 4 years ago who I dumped after only going out w/ for 3 weeks criticized me for "Living in the past" because I told him that my desktop (which has a picture of The Beatles and Clash on it) was attractive. Talk about jealousy! My God I think I can distinguish between the past and present, it's possible to find someone from the past good looking. People......geeeez!!!
Old Oct 16, 2004, 06:30 AM   #19
Sadie4
Wild Honey Pie

[ QUOTE ]
BeatlesScruff Posted:

[ QUOTE ]
Johnny-Girl Posted:

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> Wow! I'm not the only one! People always find it funny to call me a necrophiliac!!! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> Incredible! I can't believe it!! he same happens to me. When I say I love JOHN madly, people tell me I'm crazy, that I'm a necrophilioac and all that crap. They can't understand JOHN is alive for me and I love him soooo muchhhh!!!! </font>
Sadie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 07:47 PM   #20
BeatlesScruff
Mr. Moonlight

[ QUOTE ]
Sadie4 Posted:
[ QUOTE ]
BeatlesScruff Posted:

[ QUOTE ]
Johnny-Girl Posted:

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> Wow! I'm not the only one! People always find it funny to call me a necrophiliac!!! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> Incredible! I can't believe it!! he same happens to me. When I say I love JOHN madly, people tell me I'm crazy, that I'm a necrophilioac and all that crap. They can't understand JOHN is alive for me and I love him soooo muchhhh!!!! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> That is EXACTLY what I feel! John is living in my heart, mind and soul. John is my husband in my heart, mind, and soul, and world, and bahhH!!!!! everywhere!!! But people cannot see that!!! And I am NOT a necrophilioac coz if he's living, ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... There isn't a way.................. I LOVE YOU JOHN!!!!!!!!!! AND PEOPLE ARE SOOOOO DISREPECTFUL, IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY!!!!!!! But I always have to take up for you, always!!!!! You are my life, Johnny!!

Tiff Lennon </font>
BeatlesScruff is offline   Reply With Quote