BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Oct 08, 2011, 02:47 PM   #1
Maia 66
Sun King

Default The Birthday Thread 2011

Tomorrow is a very special day.

Not only is it the 71st anniversary of our hero's birth, but it is also the 31st birthday of our undeclared Queen of Menlove, the universally beloved Apple Scruff!!

I never thought that someone born on John Lennon's last birthday could appreciate that Liverpudlian Loudmouth as much as I do, but I am happy to learn that someone of the younger generation truly appreciates the man's music, his spirit, and his genius.

In lieu of a gift, I thought I'd post what the New York City sky looked like on the day that Apple Scruff was born:

Happy Birthday, Ms. Scruffie!! You are the rockin'est young Lennonista around!!

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2011, 05:58 PM   #2
darkhorse23
Dr. Robert

Let's add Sean Taro Ono Lennon (1975) and Giles Martin (1969).
www.americanpatrol.com[/color]
darkhorse23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2011, 07:21 PM   #3
Apple Scruff
Sun King

This entire post was so sweet. Maia, you are too much. Thank you, honestly.

When I was very young, I wasn't aware of this connection to John- that I was born on his 40th (and last) birthday. I had picked George as my favorite Beatle at an early age, and it was a purely superficial choice- though George was/STILL IS amazing. But even as early as then, I didn't realize what a John stan I seriously was. I was pretty much in love with his songs the most of any of them, and he was the one I instantly found most intriguing- even though he seemed a tad scary. As I got older and started to understand John, I felt a spiritual connection to his music. There was something about it all that spoke to me, and it still does. It still moves and inspires me, it still makes me smile/laugh/cry and has the ability to comfort me during stressful/anxious/difficult times. I respond to his honesty, to his sentiment, to his voice, his lyrics, his melodies- ALL of it. I won't be exaggerating to say that John is my Beatle, my rock star. Because, like so many of his fans, it seems there is something about John that makes you feel as though he BELONGS to you- just like the long-time, original Beatle fans no doubt felt about "their" band. He wasn't perfect, but he was about as perfect as a musical pop/rock star could come to delivering everything that makes loving music and the effect it has on your life matter. John was special. He still is. He will always be.

So I am really honored to share this day with such a Great Man. I've never been a birthday type of person, but I always get a twinkle in my eye over this day because it's my own special connection to John.

And Sean... He's become such an incredible musician and songwriter in his own right. I adore his music and his talent profusely, and I loved meeting him because he showed me that, despite his lineage and the scrutiny he is sometimes given because of who his father was, Sean is just a humble, sweet-natured, darling person who treats everyone like a friend and doesn't play favorites or pretend he's superior. Sean, your father would be SO proud of the cool and amazing dude you are. I'm happy to share this day with YOU.

And Giles, you ROCK!!! Your suave and dignified and quite a brilliant producer (Love album is genius)...love that you followed your great dad's footsteps and love that you're such a distinguished representation of the Beatles family. Go on guy!!!

Well, that's all I'm gonna say. Maia, you are such a thoughtful and dear person. Those pictures you posted are so touching. They take me to that special day, 31 years ago, when I was born and when John and Sean spent their last birthday together:

Have a great 36th Seanny!!! I know you say you think of your dad first on this day, so smile big for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia 66 View Post

Not only is it the 71st anniversary of our hero's birth, but it is also the 31st birthday of our undeclared Queen of Menlove, the universally beloved Apple Scruff!!

I never thought that someone born on John Lennon's last birthday could appreciate that Liverpudlian Loudmouth as much as I do, but I am happy to learn that someone of the younger generation truly appreciates the man's music, his spirit, and his genius.

In lieu of a gift, I thought I'd post what the New York City sky looked like on the day that Apple Scruff was born:

Happy Birthday, Ms. Scruffie!! You are the rockin'est young Lennonista around!!
Old Oct 08, 2011, 10:20 PM   #4
wallrus59
Bulldog

happy birthday john.

love to all.

peace.

gk.

Last edited by wallrus59 : Oct 08, 2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: time
wallrus59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2011, 10:30 PM   #5
Peregrine9
Sgt. Pepper

Default The Birthday Thread 2011

That was beautiful Maia 66.Also from you to AppleScruff, talking about your feelings about being born on John's 40th birthday and Sean's birthday.I want to wish you Apples Scruff a very happy birthday.I hope you have a enjoyable and great day.My own Dad's birthday is also on 10/9.He would have been 89 years old this Sunday.He passed away from cancer when I was in my mid 20's.I'm 53 years old now.I miss him a lot and think about him everyday.I love you Dad.Everyone have a positive and great sunday and take care.

Last edited by Peregrine9 : Oct 08, 2011 at 10:31 PM.
Peregrine9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2011, 03:52 AM   #6
the ninth walrus
Old Brown Shoe

Send a message via Yahoo to the ninth walrus

to scruff,John,and Sean

there's nothing like an afternoon of drinking homemade butter milk and listing to old music.

sǝɯıʇ ʇɐ ǝɟıl

me i'm part Irish
the ninth walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2011, 05:56 AM   #7
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

Happy Birthday John and Sean

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan

Last edited by lennonluvr9 : Oct 09, 2011 at 05:56 AM.
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2011, 06:36 AM   #8
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia 66 View Post

[Happy Birthday, Ms. Scruffie!! You are the rockin'est young Lennonista around!!
Hi Maia

What a nice gesture towards Scruffie... and so true, thank you

Yeah, Scruffie made an amazing work in Menlove Avenue and it's indeed refreshing and cool to have such a big John-fan of the younger generation

Snoopy
Snoopy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2011, 06:54 AM   #9
Dr. Robert

Happy Birthday AppleZen. That was an awesome post by Maia.
Old Oct 09, 2011, 06:59 AM   #10
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post
This entire post was so
When I was very young, I wasn't aware of this connection to John- that I was born on his 40th (and last) birthday. I had picked George as my favorite Beatle at an early age, and it was a purely superficial choice- though George was/STILL IS amazing. But even as early as then, I didn't realize what a John stan I seriously was. I was pretty much in love with his songs the most of any of them, and he was the one I instantly found most intriguing- even though he seemed a tad scary. As I got older and started to understand John, I felt a spiritual connection to his music. There was something about it all that spoke to me, and it still does. It still moves and inspires me, it still makes me smile/laugh/cry and has the ability to comfort me during stressful/anxious/difficult times. I respond to his honesty, to his sentiment, to his voice, his lyrics, his melodies- ALL of it. I won't be exaggerating to say that John is my Beatle, my rock star. Because, like so many of his fans, it seems there is something about John that makes you feel as though he BELONGS to you- just like the long-time, original Beatle fans no doubt felt about "their" band. He wasn't perfect, but he was about as perfect as a musical pop/rock star could come to delivering everything that makes loving music and the effect it has on your life matter. John was special. He still is. He will always be.

So I am really honored to share this day with such a Great Man. I've never been a birthday type of person, but I always get a twinkle in my eye over this day because it's my own special connection to John.

And Sean... He's become such an incredible musician and songwriter in his own right. I adore his music and his talent profusely, and I loved meeting him because he showed me that, despite his lineage and the scrutiny he is sometimes given because of who his father was, Sean is just a humble, sweet-natured, darling person who treats everyone like a friend and doesn't play favorites or pretend he's superior. Sean, your father would be SO proud of the cool and amazing dude you are. I'm happy to share this day with YOU.
Hi Scruffie

Happy birthday to you.... and of course to John and Sean too

You know I envy you to share your birthday with the musician I admire so much

I only can agree to your description: John was and always be special. For me it's the most outstanding and interesting artist ever

Have a great day ..... and thank you for the amazing work you are doing in this forum

Snoopy
Snoopy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2011, 07:34 AM   #11
Maia 66
Sun King

[oops!]

All I want is the truth

Last edited by Maia 66 : Oct 09, 2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old Oct 09, 2011, 07:35 AM   #12
Maia 66
Sun King

October 9th is always a special day in this household... and for the first time in a long while, it's on a Sunday... so I'm enjoying an all-John version of Breakfast with the Beatles on a beautiful sunny morning... and I lift my coffee cup to John.

Here's to John, the ol' geeza... thanks for the music!!

This is how John celebrated his 31st birthday:

All I want is the truth

Old Oct 09, 2011, 09:43 AM   #13
dav-here
Sun King

Send a message via Yahoo to dav-here
Thumbs up

John. You are sorely missed today.

Shine on!
Old Oct 09, 2011, 09:57 AM   #14
Apple Scruff
Sun King

That video is amazing Maia! Today has to be one of the most gorgeous blessed days we have had in October in Northeast Ohio. So I am limiting myself to one hour right now to post a little 71st spam for John! I wanted to use this thread, but it's rather selfish because I think Linkers will want to post their words on here, so I'll make a new one. It's all in fun!

Let me just leave off with this snippet from 1970 George for John's special day:

Old Oct 09, 2011, 11:19 AM   #15
Apple Scruff
Sun King

From Julian...

Old Oct 09, 2011, 11:36 AM   #16
mari
Sun King

imagine peace
Old Oct 09, 2011, 11:53 AM   #17
Georgie Girl
Sun King

Maia, that was so cool.

Happy birthday to the two Mr. Lennons, AND to the Scruff.

The west is
the best.
Georgie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2011, 11:57 AM   #18
4iiiis
Mr. Moonlight

Yes, it is a great day to remember John...and hats off to Sean and of course that beloved AppleScruff! G'day mates
4iiiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2011, 01:16 PM   #19
Apple Scruff
Sun King

From Yoko...I'ma...

Old Oct 09, 2011, 01:54 PM   #20
SpiritW72
Apple Scruff

Happy birthday Apple Scruff!
How lucky for you! October 9th was my mother's (of blessed memory) birthday too. So, when it rolls around every year, I'm happy to remember two people who meant the world to me, one who I knew personally and the other who I didn't, but they both had an enormous effect on me...for the good!

Happy bday to Sean too. It's a beautiful day to celebrate!

Last edited by SpiritW72 : Oct 09, 2011 at 02:03 PM.
SpiritW72 is offline   Reply With Quote