BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Act Naturally

Old Jul 16, 2003, 10:01 PM   #1
beatlz
Rocky Raccoon

Default 101 MOST SHOCKING MOMENTS IN ENTERTAINMENT

on E! channel they are showing this show called THE 101 MOST SHOCKING MOMENTS IN ENTERTAINMENT and the break up of the beatles came in at #28 and the death of the john and paul's idol, buddy holly, came in at #25. they have gotten up to #21 so far as i write this. i am certain that the passings of john will definitely be in there and i wonder if george falls in there? but also the beatles coming to america and appearing on the ed sullivan show should also fall in there. tune in on thurs. night on E! channel to find out or go the E! website to look upon it:

http://www.eonline.com/On/Special/Sh...x.html?fdmain2
beatlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2003, 10:26 PM   #2
EnchantingLennon
Dr. Robert

Default Re: 101 MOST SHOCKING MOMENTS IN ENTERTAINMENT

but also the beatles coming to america and appearing on the ed sullivan show should also fall in there.

I don't necessary think that the Beatles coming to America and be on Ed Sullivan is shocking. That falls into the Greatest Moment catergory.

-Jeannette
EnchantingLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2003, 10:32 PM   #3
beatlz
Rocky Raccoon

i disagree. it not only was a great moment, but it was also shocking because america was caught off guard by the kind of sound and look that the beatles brought with them that would have an affect on american pop culture for years and decades to come.
Old Jul 16, 2003, 10:34 PM   #4
Kasey1964
Rocky Raccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted By beatlz:
on E! channel they are showing this show called THE 101 MOST SHOCKING MOMENTS IN ENTERTAINMENT and the break up of the beatles came in at #28 and the death of the john and paul's idol, buddy holly, came in at #25. they have gotten up to #21 so far as i write this. i am certain that the passings of john will definitely be in there and i wonder if george falls in there? but also the beatles coming to america and appearing on the ed sullivan show should also fall in there. tune in on thurs. night on E! channel to find out or go the E! website to look upon it:

http://www.eonline.com/On/Special/Sh...x.html?fdmain2
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I hope the attack on George is in there. It's not pleasant but it shocked the hell out of me and it would be a shame if George's valiant fight for life would be ignored while something like Winona Ryder's shoplifting makes the list.
Kasey1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2003, 10:47 PM   #5
beatlz
Rocky Raccoon

good point! you're right that should be in there,too. hadn't thought of GH and olivia being attacked. if they did a list of the worst or shcoking moments in beatles history, i'm sure we all could come up with quite a list.
such as:
-loss of brian epstein
-john's Jesus comment being misquoted
-the beatles' trouble on tour in the phillipines
-loss of linda mccartney
-pete best getting sacked in favour of ringo
-the troubles i think they experience in cincinatti and minneapolis when touring

just to name a few
Old Jul 17, 2003, 06:04 AM   #6
LenieBugg
Nowhere Man

I wonder if that's the same one that was just on VH1.

Peace and Love
Helene
LenieBugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2003, 06:16 AM   #7
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

I'm sure John's death will be in there, but I'm not sure about George's. With George, everyone knew he'd been really sick for a long time, so it wasn't really a huge shock like John. Hopefully the attack on george and Olivia will be included in there, though.
DizzymissLizzy909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2003, 06:49 AM   #8
Harb83
Co-Admin Geezer

I think I've seen this, and if I have I know where John's killing is.

If you want me to tell then I will, but for now I'll keep schtum for y'all.
Harb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2003, 09:35 AM   #9
Anna99
Fool On The Hill

This special is a totally different thing than the one that Vh1 did. This is based on the entire entertainment industry, where the Vh1 one was based only on events in the music industry. So the list is very different (also, the Vh1 special was only the top 100;)*). John's murder was #1 on the Vh1 episode. I'm wondering if it will be #1 on this special as well. I do know that the only Beatle related thing in the top 20 is John's murder. The only musical artist featured in the top 20 are: 2Pac (Tupac Shakur), Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, John Lennon, Marilyn Monroe, Nirvana, The Notorious B.I.G., Elvis Presley-according to this site anyway [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] http://www.musicstation.com/rockontv/

You can search under the guys individualy and also under The Beatles. The site is usually pretty accurate* [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ Jul 17, 2003, 10:37 AM: Message Edited By: Anna99 ][/size]
Anna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2003, 03:09 PM   #10
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

There is a similar thread in Abbey Road that is not Beatle specific.

SF, do you think this belongs in Abbey Road or here?
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2003, 03:32 PM   #11
SF4-EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted By beatlebangs1964:
There is a similar thread in Abbey Road that is not Beatle specific.

SF, do you think this belongs in Abbey Road or here?
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Actually, the AR topic is Beatle-specific. And since this topic deals with a TV show, I think it fits best in Act Naturally. If you don't mind, BB, I'll just move it there now.
SF4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2003, 04:26 PM   #12
Kasey1964
Rocky Raccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted By Anna99:
This special is a totally different thing than the one that Vh1 did. This is based on the entire entertainment industry, where the Vh1 one was based only on events in the music industry. So the list is very different (also, the Vh1 special was only the top 100;)*). John's murder was #1 on the Vh1 episode. I'm wondering if it will be #1 on this special as well. I do know that the only Beatle related thing in the top 20 is John's murder. The only musical artist featured in the top 20 are: 2Pac (Tupac Shakur), Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, John Lennon, Marilyn Monroe, Nirvana, The Notorious B.I.G., Elvis Presley-according to this site anyway [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] http://www.musicstation.com/rockontv/

You can search under the guys individualy and also under The Beatles. The site is usually pretty accurate* [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">So the attack on George and Olivia wasn't shocking enough. I can see why that was left out. Theyhad to make room for Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman divorcing. (God that was shocking, NOT!!!!0 Why doe George get forgotten? I suppose he would have made it if he didn't survive the attack. These polls make me sick. [img]graemlins/barf2.gif[/img]
Old Jul 19, 2003, 12:19 AM   #13
beatlz
Rocky Raccoon

john's death came in at #4 overall. oj simpson trial was #1 and princess diana's death came in at #2. no mention of george harrison's passing away.
Old Jul 19, 2003, 03:51 AM   #14
Kasey1964
Rocky Raccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted By beatlz:
john's death came in at #4 overall. oj simpson trial was #1 and princess diana's death came in at #2. no mention of george harrison's passing away.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">THey make me so [img]graemlins/angry6.gif[/img] Why is George always left out. Maybe if his death wasn't shocking(for me it was) why didn't they put up the attack he sufferedand survived. That was shocking. I guess J-Lo's dress was much more shocking or Tom and Nicole's marriage breakup( a hollywood marriage breakup ooh how shocking!) I think it's more shocking when a celebrity marriage lasts. Why didn't they put up how the Beatle's second marriages(I know Linda was Paul's first) lasted so many years until death took John, Linda, and George out of the picture). Ringo and Barbara still continue to thrive. These lists are so useless.
Old Jul 19, 2003, 06:50 AM   #15
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted By Kasey1964:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By beatlz:
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">THey make me so [img]graemlins/angry6.gif[/img] Why is George always left out. Maybe if his death wasn't shocking(for me it was) why didn't they put up the attack he sufferedand survived. That was shocking. I guess J-Lo's dress was much more shocking or Tom and Nicole's marriage breakup( a hollywood marriage breakup ooh how shocking!) I think it's more shocking when a celebrity marriage lasts. Why didn't they put up how the Beatle's second marriages(I know Linda was Paul's first) lasted so many years until death took John, Linda, and George out of the picture). Ringo and Barbara still continue to thrive. These lists are so useless.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I agree! It's unbelievable that George wasn't included. He was moments away from death as his wife saved him. That isn't shocking?! Yet Nicole and Tom somehow made it onto that list? It seems no one even stays together nowadays, anyway. You hear of people divorcing all the time and it's seems perfectly normal. You DON'T hear of insane lunatics breaking into celebrities estates and attacking them with knives. (Actually, the fact that George's attacker managed to break in and FIND George in that huge place is shocking enough!)
DizzymissLizzy909 is offline   Reply With Quote