BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products



Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 25, 2008, 08:53 AM   #41
Hari's Chick
Moderator
 
Hari's Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 11, 2002
Posts: 13,049


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSHOT View Post
Yes !!!!!


A lot of the speculation... like let's say Heather allowed the publicist to keep the money and just said "oh well" in order to show she was good natured and cheering down in life... let's say her motivation was that? "I'm going to let it go and peeps will think I am cheering down and like me more..." Then Heather would be being motivated by an outer compass, the forum of public opinion.

If she were to say, this feels wrong... that money can be better spent... I am going to- at least get back my original sum spent (who knows what that is). I am going to then put that money to better use, like charity. Then she is motivated by her inner compass, the place of personal conscience.

I guess what I am saying is, since we are not in her head or heart... we do not know her motivations. And especially here, her reactions and actions seem pretty average, imo, and not really coming from any bad place.
__________________
Hari's Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 09:37 AM   #42
beatlebangs1964
Moderator
 
beatlebangs1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 23, 2001
Posts: 37,582



Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari's Chick View Post


I guess what I am saying is, since we are not in her head or heart... we do not know her motivations. And especially here, her reactions and actions seem pretty average, imo, and not really coming from any bad place.
Well said and I could not have said it better myself.
__________________
With a love like that, you know you should be glad, yeah, yeah, yeah!-- Beatles, 1963

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 09:53 AM   #43
Rellevart
Moderator
 
Rellevart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 15, 2000
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 13,764


Send a message via MSN to Rellevart
Default

Say somebody says something nasty about you. Really nasty. Of course, your first response is to want to jump up and scream "It's NOT TRUE, I'm NOT horrible!!!!" In that respect, Heather's actions are completely understandable.

However. Going with the same scenario again, if somebody says something nasty about you and you don't react to it, it dies down and is forgotten fairly quickly. If you do jump up and start screaming and making a big deal, more people are going to hear about it and the nasty thing that was said is going to be repeated over and over and over and you're going to have to hear how horrible you are again and again and again....

I'm not sure why somebody would want to do that to themselves. It's certainly not for the money. And it's not going to "clear her name" because, as is rather obvious, nobody's opinions on Heather are going to change based on the outcome.
__________________
I go back so far, I'm in front of me...
Rellevart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 10:12 AM   #44
hibgal
Sun King
 
hibgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 01, 2006
Posts: 26,650



Default

Probably all true, Relle, BUT, this is purely normal legal wrangling. This happens every day and not just in the US but all over the world to a lot of people and in many different situations and walks of life; from small claims of a few hundreds to millions if not billions of dollars. It's NORMAL. If the tabloids didn't make a big to-do about it none of us wouldn't even know about it. If this PR person hadn't gone to the tabloids with the story we wouldn't hear about it! It's the TABLOID PRESS that wants us to think what Heather's doing here is unusual, abnormal, whatever because THEY benefit from it as her name still sells so it's advertising for THEM and then THEY can sell more mags!
__________________



Sometimes I dream in colors
It always happens when
I find myself with others
Who don't pretend
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 11:01 AM   #45
Rellevart
Moderator
 
Rellevart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 15, 2000
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 13,764


Send a message via MSN to Rellevart
Default

Agreed. People and institutions are WAY too concerned with litigation these days. I had an unpleasant encounter with a clerk at a store (basically, she left her register open and to cover her ass in case something was missing, grabbed me and accused me of stealing from her). The manager came, nothing was missing, he apologized to me and gave me a gift certificate, end of story. You can't BELIEVE how many people told me I should sue the store.
__________________
I go back so far, I'm in front of me...
Rellevart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:39 PM   #46
Lucy
Moderator
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 05, 2000
Location: London
Posts: 9,749


Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSHOT View Post

No comment. This is very sad.


No comment. Really? Well why post then?
__________________
=^..^=
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 03:20 PM   #47
Magill
Sun King
 
Magill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 02, 2002
Location: Back to where I once belonged
Posts: 13,597

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal View Post
It's not Heather that went to the tabloids this time; it was this Michele Elyzabeth's who gave an interview to New of the World about her former client.
Hmm...now, why does this sound so familiar? Oh yes! You people have seem to have forgotten how Heather gave interview upon interview during her and Paul's lonnnnng and drawn-out divorce. And, how she'd trash Paul's name whenever she had the chance! Telling all sorts of tales, that have now come to light as being total fantasy. It sounds like karma has up and bit Heather on her heinnie! Yay, KARMA!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal View Post
Also, there's already a legal dispute, brought on by M Elyzabeth, for a supposedly $300,000 unpaid bill, which is yet to be resolved. That legal dispute has direct bearing on this one, which is probably why Heather filed her suit. It's certainly enough reason for just about anyone to file a counter suit, including me! Perhaps my fellow linkers wouldn't do a thing to recoup that amount of money but I'm sorry to say I'm mercenary enough to care!
Reminds me of the old story of the Gingham Dog and Calico Cat. They both ended up ripping each other to shreds. May the better b**** win!
__________________
That WAS you buzzin'! You naughty boy!
Magill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 04:34 PM   #48
FPSHOT
Sun King
 
FPSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04, 2000
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 31,563



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
What are you talking about? This doesn't even make sense.

It is unfair to state that the only reason some of us disagree with this is because she used to be married to Paul. In my defence, that has nothing to do with it. And because I know Asha personally and very well, I know that is not the case for her either. We are not that pathetic.

And you can remind us of anything you like. Just so long as I can remind you of the fact that we are entitled to disagree with something that you might not like. And don't go saying you have never said that. I quote: "..you cannot disagree..".
Sorry you feel attacked but then maybe read what I wrote again?

I did not say that it is "the only reason", so to combine it to being pathetic is your own conclusion but certainly not mine.

Simply look at all the other comments towards Heather. Would it have been any other celebrity nobody would react the same way.

"you can not disagree" you took far too litteral which is a pity. It means in my case that if you simply look at the route this case has with the PR lady going public and then afterwards Heather coming with a contra lawsuit that technically spoken it makes sense? If you read from those three words that I am standing here saying no one is allowed to disagree, well then that is a pity. Not my intention at all.

Just like when you say "you must be joking" you are not telling someone to go joking or when you say "you can't be serious" it does not mean that you tell the person that he/she can not be serious nor when you post a gun to me saying I shot in my shoe and probably foot that I am actually doing that. If you choose to read my words different ok be my guest (oh which does not litteraly mean.....)

Of course Heather could have kept her mouth shut and let all the accusations from the PR woman just be what they are. She could have raised her voice litterally like she has done in other situations. She didn't. And just like many other people in the celebrity world do she took legal action.

My humble opinion is that she did right by it just given the facts.

If you disagree then fine, but to say I shot myself in the foot is a rather quick conclusion and I do not feel that way, sorry, although the picture is nice and with some pretty shiney shoes. I just thought your reply wasn't so nice.

Maybe you think that was me being sarcastic but it is not. So if that made you think I wrote that to say it is "pathetic" I am sorry for that but that is not at all what I mean with it.
__________________
"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by Nature"
- George Harrison



Last edited by FPSHOT : Sep 25, 2008 at 07:35 PM.
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 05:04 PM   #49
FPSHOT
Sun King
 
FPSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04, 2000
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 31,563



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbeatlechick View Post
I think the point being made FP is that these things can happen without the whole world having to know about it! Heather takes delight in airing her dirty laundry in public! I agree she has recently done some good for veganism, but she spoils it with this behaviour!
Unfortunately Heather is working on the principle no publicity is bad publicity, poor misguided fool!
I believe the dirty laundry in this case came from the PR lady?

Sure we can agree or disagree to Heather coming with this lawsuit and that is all a personal opinion but Heather did not do a press conference or anyhting about her taking legal action? So the fact the whole world knows about it is because of newsarticles. I have not seen some publicity statement from Heather announcing "Oh here is me again...time to sue someone today" (this last bit btw is copied from other comments)
__________________
"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by Nature"
- George Harrison



Last edited by FPSHOT : Sep 25, 2008 at 05:05 PM.
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 11:13 PM   #50
Legs
Sun King
 
Legs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 29, 2001
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 10,562



Default

I think we can all agree that the PR lady was the one who came public.

And in the time we openly discuss the issue, it probably already is legaly settled silently behind closed doors.
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 05:42 AM   #51
Asha
Sun King
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2004
Posts: 30,454
Default

Just noting the posts here as this is such an interesting thread & I find the responses equally as interesting.

Tally is currently at:

Legs - 1
lennonluvr9 - 1
LittleDarlin909 - 1
oldbeatlechick - 1
thecaitycat - 1
VersusBatman - 1
beatlebangs1964 - 2
ABCKO - 3
Asha - 3
Hari's Chick - 3
Rellevart - 3
Magill - 4
Lucy - 5 (this does not include the two new links starting the thread)
hibgal - 5
FPSHOT - 14
Asha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 05:47 AM   #52
Lucy
Moderator
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 05, 2000
Location: London
Posts: 9,749


Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy
Default

This month's winner is...insert fanfare here......FPSHOT!!!!! Hurrrrraaaaaaah!!!
__________________
=^..^=
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 06:23 AM   #53
Magill
Sun King
 
Magill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 02, 2002
Location: Back to where I once belonged
Posts: 13,597

Wink This makes 5!

Dang! I was only off by 10. Must try harder next time.
__________________
That WAS you buzzin'! You naughty boy!
Magill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 06:50 AM   #54
saziontherun
Mr. Moonlight
 
saziontherun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asha View Post
Tally is currently at:

Legs - 1
lennonluvr9 - 1
LittleDarlin909 - 1
oldbeatlechick - 1
thecaitycat - 1
VersusBatman - 1
beatlebangs1964 - 2
ABCKO - 3
Asha - 3
Hari's Chick - 3
Rellevart - 3
Magill - 4
Lucy - 5 (this does not include the two new links starting the thread)
hibgal - 5
FPSHOT - 14
Wonderful!
Remind me never to drink and read on Beatlelinks at the same time!

Who's gonna clean my monitor now??
saziontherun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 02:04 PM   #55
jesgear
Sun King
 
jesgear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 23, 2004
Location: Iowa :sad3:
Posts: 13,158

Default

Ooo, I want in
__________________
peace

jesgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 02:30 PM   #56
Lynner
Moderator
 
Lynner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 13, 2001
Location: Elmwood Park, IL USA
Posts: 12,510



Default

Hey, guys? Gals, too, of course. Maybe it's time to get back to the topic at hand. We all know we have different opinions on Heather and her actions. If you're going to nip at each other, can you do it somewhere else, please? Thanks!

(and by the way, this is my first comment in this topic. )

Last edited by Lynner : Sep 26, 2008 at 02:30 PM.
Lynner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 06:19 PM   #57
FPSHOT
Sun King
 
FPSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04, 2000
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 31,563



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynner View Post
(and by the way, this is my first comment in this topic. )
and a very sensible one

Oh Asha, LOL very funny calculation of numbers even though it is incorrect, maybe your calculator needs
new batt-eries
__________________
"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by Nature"
- George Harrison



Last edited by FPSHOT : Sep 26, 2008 at 06:57 PM.
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2008, 12:55 PM   #58
beatlebangs1964
Moderator
 
beatlebangs1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 23, 2001
Posts: 37,582



Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964
Default

I bear no (former) Beatle wife, widow or former wife any ill will. I wish all of these women well; have no axe to grind with any of them. I'm with Lynner on this one - we can all offer different perspectives and we can continue to do so courteously. Simple as that.

Hari's Chick has it in one in her posts.

I also like what hibgal has said here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal View Post
Now, wait a moment! Let's keep things straight here. ... let's be fair, hm? It's not Heather that went to the tabloids this time; it was this Michele Elyzabeth's who gave an interview to New of the World about her former client. Heather hasn't as far as I know given any interviews regarding this issue. If she has, please post. What is cited in Daily Mail is not a public statement made by Heather but an excerpt from the filed paperwork itself. May I remind you that the article stated very clearly that it's a "Breach of Confidence" suit against Ms Elzabeth and "the case is being handled by renowned barrister Jonathan Crystal". Such filings are public, hence the reason Daily Mail had access to this information.

Also, there's already a legal dispute, brought on by M Elyzabeth, for a supposedly $300,000 unpaid bill, which is yet to be resolved. That legal dispute has direct bearing on this one, which is probably why Heather filed her suit. It's certainly enough reason for just about anyone to file a counter suit, including me! Perhaps my fellow linkers wouldn't do a thing to recoup that amount of money but I'm sorry to say I'm mercenary enough to care!
I still think Ms Elyzabeth has a problem or three. Ms Elyzabeth comes across as the type of person (and I hope I am wrong; I am just going with the publicly reported accounts of her behavior) who would sell a beloved family member if push came to shove.
__________________
With a love like that, you know you should be glad, yeah, yeah, yeah!-- Beatles, 1963

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2008, 10:09 AM   #59
Magill
Sun King
 
Magill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 02, 2002
Location: Back to where I once belonged
Posts: 13,597

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 View Post
I still think Ms Elyzabeth has a problem or three.
Haha! That's how I feel about Heather! But, to be honest, this woman is a publicist. Not quite a field that requires too much honesty, character-wise. Ya gotta have the gift of B.S. Kind of like lawyers..is there one you really can trust?
__________________
That WAS you buzzin'! You naughty boy!
Magill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2008, 09:03 AM   #60
PaulisMine
Dr. Robert
 
PaulisMine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 28, 2002
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 1,320
Default

*busts up into thread* Is there where I report that I still hate Heather? :D
__________________
now that I'm alone again
I can't stop breaking down again
the simplest things set me off again
take me to that place
where I can find my brave face
PaulisMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heather Mills' ex-publicist calls her 'gold-digging witch' Lucy Red Rose Speedway 6 Sep 09, 2008 07:54 PM
Investigative Article HMVNipper Red Rose Speedway 23 Dec 31, 2004 10:43 AM
Heather on Larry King Live last night EnchantingLennon Red Rose Speedway 10 Aug 23, 2004 09:03 PM
Transcript of Heather on Larry King HMVNipper Red Rose Speedway 5 Sep 25, 2003 01:45 PM
Interview/Article re Heather from New York Magazine HMVNipper I Read The News Today 3 Aug 28, 2002 10:03 AM


Advertisements

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Features
Search Links

  Advanced Search
Category Jump



BeatleMail

FREE E-MAIL
@ BEATLEMAIL.COM


Username


Password




New User Sign-Up!
Lost Password?
Beatles History




Donate
The costs of running our database and discussion forum are steadily rising. Any help we receive is greatly appreciated. Click HERE for more information about donating to BeatleLinks.
Extras
» Chat Room
» Current News
» Monthly Contest
» Interviews Database
» Random Site
» Banner Exchange
» F.A.Q.
» Advertise
» Credits
» Legal
» Contact Us
Copyright © 2000-2020 BeatleLinks
All Rights Reserved