BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Paperback Writer

Old Apr 08, 2011, 09:04 AM   #1
Cream Tangerine
Dr. Robert

Smile I'm Back!!

Hi all, maybe there are so many newbies here that most won't know who I am, I was a frequent poster, maybe 6 years back. I've had soooo many things happen to me in my life, you'd never believe it... But I'm back, and I want to figure out how to post some new (not so new but very much improved) fan fiction I've been working on!! (I never stopped writing!!) So to all a big HELLOOOO!!! :) Can u lend a hand please?? I really need help figuring out how and where to post fan fiction, I was saddened to see how the Beatles fan fic genre has dwindled...
Old Apr 08, 2011, 05:28 PM   #2
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

You mean besides here? Most of the active groups lately are on Live Journal. some are extremely active.
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 08, 2011, 09:10 PM   #3
CaliLilly
Nowhere Man

Thumbs up

Haha! I remember you! At least you were able to get into your old account here. I couldn't. But, I am glad to be rid of 'Magill' to be perfectly honest. A fresh new start is always good.

I know how sweet life can be So I'll keep myself free Of wah-wah wah-wah wah-wah
CaliLilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 09, 2011, 11:10 AM   #4
Georgie Girl
Sun King

Yes, I remember you, CT! Welcome back!

The west is
the best.
Georgie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2011, 05:44 AM   #5
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

I remember you too! Welcome back!

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2011, 02:48 PM   #6
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Good to see you back, Tangerine!

I think this belongs in Come Together.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2011, 08:37 AM   #7
SF4-EVER

Welcome back, CT!

To answer your question, if you have a blog or website, you can post links to it here. (One thing that's new is that we ask authors to create a master thread if they're going to link to a lot of stories.)

I know Susan said she'd like to restart Rooftop Sessions if she could find enough good material, but I don't know how far she got. You could try e-mailing her.

My novella, Lyon's Legacy, about a scientist traveling back to the TwenCen to visit her fictional rock star ancestor, is now available as an e-book from Amazon, B&N, and Smashwords and in paper from CreateSpace and Amazon.
SF4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2011, 02:56 PM   #8
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

SF, that is WONDERFUL news about Rooftop Sessions! That's a good place to find high caliber Beatles' fan fic!

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2011, 03:16 PM   #9
ShowTunes
Wild Honey Pie

At the moment Susan's concentrating more on her Beatles walking tours of New York than fanfic, but I know she's still interested in restarting RS. If you want to contact her, the RS website isn't the place to do it; she can't receive email from the address there. If you have any messages for her, I can forward them to her.

CT, I have to admit I don't remember you, but welcome back! BTW, if you were ever reading With Strings Attached, I actually finished it in 2009 and am working on the sequel.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 06:50 AM   #10
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

I know that I wanted to submit some of my fanfiction to her for RS and only had a website contact. I've never gotten a reply to my query. I'd like to submit some of my things that might fit her needs.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 09:53 AM   #11
ShowTunes
Wild Honey Pie

Well, she doesn't take slash at all, so don't bother with anything in that category. And right now I'm not sure she's able to update the site. I'm actually not even sure she's going to have time for fanfic until after October, since her son is going to have his bar mitzvah, and she's a tad on the distracted side right now. But I'll contact her and see if she's willing to take a look at your stuff before then.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:28 AM   #12
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

I read her guidelines and I've got lots of stuff besides slash, horror and occult Beatles stories. (I know she doesn't like those). Hey, if she's busy, fine. if and when she gets back to it, I hope she can take a look and either accept my submission or reject it.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 01:17 PM   #13
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy

Welcome back!
Old Apr 14, 2011, 06:38 AM   #14
Cream Tangerine
Dr. Robert

Thanks!! I remember some of the names here too, also you, ex-Magill!! :)
Well, I do have a website, but honestly, it's not too good, I'm working on actually buying the domain. Free websites don't cut it when you have over 5 GB worth of stories... However, I still canīt find a good one, I am really not a serious website builder so I have no idea how to do a really nice one... and I honestly don't want to pay a graphic designer 400 dollars to build my hobby. Does anyone know of a non-expensive domain that may include a nice D.I.Y. building tool???
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:49 PM   #15
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

I've got my stories on Live Journal. and I've probably got close to as many as you've got with more on the way.
judging from the hits my LJ of Beatles stories recieves, it's popular enough, but then I do have some crazy obsessed folks over there too.