BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Nov 27, 2001, 07:06 PM   #1
onosideboards
Taxman

Default anyone heard of \"once a man, twice a child\"?

Has anyone heard of this website/book called "once a man, twice a child"? it's written by some crazed lunatic called Dan Alice who seriously believes a mish-mash of Stu's death, Paul's switching to bass, and the Magical Myster Tour album are all precursors to John Lennon's death and strangely related themselves by common dates and words.

To make matters worse, this guy actually thinks that his own life has played a role in John's demse. The first time her heard "I Am the Walrus" in 1967 as a young boy was a sign that he had a special relationship with Lennon, that he knew Lennon would get killed because of all these numerology and other clues hidden in lyrics. Oh, and something about that the paul-is-dead thing was a cover up for john dying several years later.

It's absolutely the oddest, most unbelievable stuff I've ever read. I forwarded an email/essay I just got from Mr. Alice to our resident paul-is-dead expert and he said that he was familiar with it already. The website is: http:www.onceaman.com

you MUST see this site. you can even read chapters 1-4 of his "novel" which he admits is based on "actual facts." here's a little quote just get your feet wet...

"On December 8th, 1967
something traumatic happened to me
I could not explain it
Years later when John Lennon died
I understood...
But I did not know how to begin to tell you
I decided it would be best to create a parable,
a fantasy to secretly expose my confession
In the end I discovered that even the
essence of my fiction was all stangely
connected to the truth!
A Truth Laid Out For An Eternity!
If this is fantasy, then your perception
of reality may never be the same
My name is Alice,
I am not in Wonderland anymore.."

------------------
This is not here.
onosideboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2001, 07:21 PM   #2
McCharlenstar
Dr. Robert

Default Re: anyone heard of \"once a man, twice a child\"?

Sounds interesting and strange at the same time!!Never heard of it????

------------------
McCharlenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2001, 07:41 PM   #3
SF4-EVER

Actually, the first I heard of this book was on all the banner ads this guy has running here at Beatlelinks. (Surely you've seen those, McCharlenstar?) I think I went to his website once but didn't read the novel excerpt. And after reading the bit you posted here, onosideboards....let's just say the book doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

------------------
Author of "Move Over Ms. L." and the sequel "To Thine Own Self Be True,"
hosted at www.rooftopsessions.com
SF4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2001, 07:54 PM   #4
Tim
Sgt. Pepper

Think the guy by his passage is "special" as it were...
Now,I don't knock Numerology but this is too much weirdness...

------------------
Tim

Tim Brent's Yellow Submarine Page
The Beatles' Record Advertisements
The Beatles' Record Covers Yahoo! Club
The Decca Auditions
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2001, 08:25 PM   #5
onosideboards
Taxman

i know it's super weird and on the verge of being insane, but that's what makes it so much fun.

if anyone wants me to forward his latest essay, let me know. any good beatle fan can pick out tons of inconsitencies and incorrect information. so dumb. but it's still interesting to read the ravings of a lunatic.

------------------
This is not here.
Old Nov 28, 2001, 03:51 AM   #6
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

This guy also posted some messages here on B-links early on, stuff that was basically advertising for his book...and he never actually participated in any forum discussion other than to make weird and vague references to his book. When I challenged him on the veracity of it (since he kept insisting it was a TRUE STORY and that sounded really bizarre to me!), I got a weird and cryptic email back from him INSISTING "you have to read the book for yourself and see if I am telling the truth."

Personally, I think he's completely out there, and that all his cryptic garbage is just a ploy to get unsuspecting fans to shell out money for his ridiculous story. And if it's "true," I'll eat my hat!

Definitely not my cuppa...

------------------
Rooftop Sessions - The Finest In Beatles-Related Fiction. November 2001 Issue up now! About.com BEST OF THE NET, April 2001! www.rooftopsessions.com

"O superb! O Manhattan, my own, my peerless! O strongest you in the hour of danger, in crisis! O truer than steel!" -- Walt Whitman
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2001, 07:40 AM   #7
McCharlenstar
Dr. Robert

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By SF4-EVER:
Actually, the first I heard of this book was on all the banner ads this guy has running here at Beatlelinks. (Surely you've seen those, McCharlenstar?) I think I went to his website once but didn't read the novel excerpt. And after reading the bit you posted here, onosideboards....let's just say the book doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TOO MUCH "WEIRDNESS".....That's correct!

------------------
McCharlenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2001, 05:33 PM   #8
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy

Yeah I read those 4 chapters and thought it was a bit of a joke...I really think he was grasping at anything that made it look like he knew the future. I also thought it was a bit disturbing the way he went on and on about himself being Alice (yeah I know that is his last name but still!!). Some of the stuff started out sounding a little freaky but then...well it all just got as bit out of hand.
I remember when he posted stuff here ages ago and that was when I first went to the site and saw that totally terrifying intro he had on it with that walrus and all that scary music! That has gone now but yikes that was bad...it almost gave me nightmares!
I think it was well written though, I must say. I don't like what it said but it was easy to read.

------------------
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2001, 06:09 PM   #9
onosideboards
Taxman

yes--that old intro to the site!!! that was the scariest thing i've ever seen on a computer. i showed all my friends and one could not get that image out of her mind.

i think the writing is terrible, but then again, it's my expertise.

i feel bad for such a deranged man, but i still can't help but laugh.

------------------
This is not here.
Old Nov 28, 2001, 06:37 PM   #10
biglou114
Bulldog

Send a message via AIM to biglou114

I red the little thing on it too it soud very supid it is just a chance for this person to get popularety

------------------
biglou114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2019, 01:19 PM   #11
frizxtes
Fool On The Hill

What gives me an essay writing? This question is most often asked by university students. Indeed, even in such professions that do not require a theoretical approach, one has to constantly write essays. In the first year, this is not so acutely recognized. But by the last year of study, most students begin to think that an essay is just another item in the curriculum that requires compulsory execution, regardless of whether it brings any benefit or not. I also think so and do not want to waste my time on an essay. Tell me, did you use this service https://paperap.com/books-literature-free-papers/ ? How did you like it?
frizxtes is offline   Reply With Quote