BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Come Together

Old Jun 17, 2004, 10:15 AM   #1
BeatleChick
Sgt. Pepper

Default BeatleFair 2004--The Come Together Fan Club\'s (San Diego) Annual Beatle Celebration!!!

<font color="purple"> Hello all!!!

I am a member of the local Beatles Fan Club here in San Diego (Come Together) and every year during the summer, we have our big Beatle celebration--BeatleFair. It's been going for about 10 years now, and I've been to every single one so far! In the past we've had such guests as Walter Shenson, Gordon Waller (who will be there again this year), Lou Harrison, Denny Laine, Rusty Anderson (he came while in the middle of his tour with Paul), Sam Leach, Tony Sheridan (he'll be there this year again too), etc! It's always a TON of fun! This year our guests include: Jackie Lomax, Billy J Kramer, Gordon Waller, and many more (see below)!

Unlike years passed, this year's event will be two days long! We're really pleased about that! As well as our guests speakers (some of whom--like Tony and Gordon--will perform as well as talking about knowing the lads), we have tribute bands, a HUGE Beatles marketplace, the Honey Pie Pub, and so much more!!!

Anyway, thought that I would make you all aware of this, so that any of you who wish to make the trek to So. Cal. can do so for two great days of Beatles fun! Maybe we can even arrange to meet up in the little pub (like Dave and Nancy and I did last year!) Hoping very much to see some of you there!!!

Here's the basic info, and the link to the site--

July 17 &amp; 18: "BEATLE FAIR 2004 - A CELEBRATION OF 40 YEARS OF BEATLE SPIRIT"

Come Together, the Southern California Beatle Fan club is hosting itís tenth annual Beatle Fair on Saturday and Sunday, July 17 &amp; 18, 2004, at the Scottish Rite Center located at 1895 Camino Del Rio South, San Diego, CA 92108. Fair hours are Saturday from 11 AM to 10 PM and Sunday from 11 AM to 8 PM.

Come Together Beatles Fan Club, San Diego, 2004 BeatleFair Official Site

MC: Charles F. Rosenay!!!
Additional interviews: Matt Hurwitz

Special Guests:

*Albert Maysles (filmmaker--"The Beatles: The First U.S. Visit")

*Tom Wilkes (designer of some of the most memorable solo Beatles album covers, particularly those of George Harrison in his Apple years)

Performers/Other Special Guests--

*Billy J Kramer (as in "and the Dakotas"--"Bad to Me"--a song given him by Lennon/McCartney, "Little Children", etc)
*Gordon Waller, of Peter &amp; Gordon
*Tony Sheridan (My Bonnie, The Saints, Sweet Georgia Brown, Let's Dance and more!)
*Jackie Lomax (George Harrison wrote, produced and performed on Jackie's Apple single "Sour Milk Sea")

Beatles tribute bands--
*The New Fab 40
*Rockola--who will perform their Beatles "Rubber Soul" show on Saturday evening
and
*The Offbeats

Other guests--
The Baja Bugs (band), Bruce Spizer (author), and Dave Humphries (English singer/song writer--his new cd features Tony S.).

**The Guest List keeps growing--so check into the website often to look up new additions...**

**Other features of the Fair--huge Beatles Marketplace, huge memorabilia exhibit, Beatle movies and cartoons available for viewing, raffles, and "more surprises on the day of the event", etc....**

Should be a ton of fun and hope to see some of you there!!!!

(We should plan a meet-up, a "Link" up--for those of us that will be there--did that last year and had a ton of fun!!! Remember the pub, Dave and Nancy???)....

**Feel free to post here if you think you can make it!!!!! Would love to know who may be able to come!!!!!**

</font>
BeatleChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2004, 01:54 PM   #3
chaitanya
Sgt. Pepper

Default Re: BeatleFair 2004--The Come Together Fan Club\'s (San Diego) Annual Beatle Celebration!!!

Wow Becca !
I wish to be there,the only prob is the flight ticket...
chaitanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2004, 02:29 PM   #4
BeatleChick
Sgt. Pepper

Default Re: BeatleFair 2004--The Come Together Fan Club\'s (San Diego) Annual Beatle Celebration!!!

<font color="purple"> ! to you both (Claudio and Rahil)... really wish you both could make it....

WOW!!!! Our local yearly Beatle celebration has made it to the big time--Steve Marinucci just put a report about our BeatleFair on his website (Abbeyrd's Beatles News Briefs)!!!
Check it out :

Abbeyrd Beatles News Briefs BeatleFair Report

Anyway... ! </font>
Old Jun 17, 2004, 03:09 PM   #5
Magill
Sun King

[ QUOTE ]
We should plan a meet-up, a "Link" up--for those of us that will be there--did that last year and had a ton of fun!!! Remember the pub, Dave and Nancy??

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah yes! The very famous plan. I remember it well.
You guys have one on me, ok? And have fun! I'll miss you guys.
Magill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2004, 04:12 PM   #6
donnamariemoreno27
Mr. Moonlight

Send a message via AIM to donnamariemoreno27

BC... I'm sure I can make it to one of the days, since I live out here in L.A.-thanks for the reminder

Donna~
donnamariemoreno27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2004, 07:10 PM   #7
dav-here
Sun King

Send a message via Yahoo to dav-here

April &amp; I wouldn't miss it for the world!!

And I look forward to seeing you again, Becca!
dav-here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2004, 10:23 PM   #8
Jerry
Webmaster Of BeatleLinks

Send a message via AIM to Jerry

I'll hopefully be there too. And this time, I promise I won't be a total flake and just pop in and take off. I want to meet all of you guys there for sure. I can use a few drinks anyway....
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2004, 10:30 PM   #9
BeatleChick
Sgt. Pepper

That'd be cool, Jerry! It'd be great to finally meet you this year! Hope you do make it!
Old Jun 18, 2004, 05:56 AM   #10
Jerry
Webmaster Of BeatleLinks

I probably can't make it both days, so any word on which day is going to have more events?
Old Jun 18, 2004, 02:56 PM   #11
BeatleChick
Sgt. Pepper

<font color="purple"> Hi Jerry!

No, unfortunatly there is no word yet on what is going to happen on either of the days at the Fair... the schedule of events for the Fair is usually not known until one gets there (unless one is either working the fair--and I'm not--or is one of the club leaders...) So, can't tell you as to what will happen either day... Wish I knew, too, in case I can only get there for one of the days... I've always thought it would be great if they would publish a schedule ahead of time, but they never do...so, it's always kind of a hit and miss thing... So can't really help you out there, Jerry! Sorry! But, I'm sure that they will try to balance it out so that there will be good things both days, and I imagine that each day will probably be packed full of events.... Anyway....

Do hope to get to meet you this year!!!!!!!

Peace and love!
--B.C. </font>
Old Jun 18, 2004, 07:59 PM   #12
dav-here
Sun King

Magill Posted:
[ QUOTE ]
You guys have one on me, ok?

[/ QUOTE ]We'll drink a toast to you, my friend.
Old Jun 20, 2004, 10:04 AM   #13
Jerry
Webmaster Of BeatleLinks

Well it looks like I definitely can't go on the 18th now. So I'll be there Saturday the 17th.
Old Jun 20, 2004, 11:21 AM   #14
BeatleChick
Sgt. Pepper

[ QUOTE ]
You guys have one on me, ok? And have fun! I'll miss you guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple"> We will for sure, Nancy! We'll have one (or two) in your honor! We'll really miss having you there!!! But...we'll be glad for you, too--that you're going off to bigger and better things.... </font>
Old Jun 20, 2004, 11:22 AM   #15
BeatleChick
Sgt. Pepper

[ QUOTE ]
Well it looks like I definitely can't go on the 18th now. So I'll be there Saturday the 17th.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">Great! Hope to see you there! </font>
Old Jun 25, 2004, 08:31 PM   #16
Hari's Chick

Boo hoo! I don't think we can go this year. We're going to a party in Carlsbad the weekend before... I think no one here would wanna do that driving two weekends in a row. Awwww... I'll miss you guys!
Hari's Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2004, 08:19 AM   #17
donnamariemoreno27
Mr. Moonlight

[ QUOTE ]
donnamariemoreno27 Posted:
BC... I'm sure I can make it to one of the days, since I live out here in L.A.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I just won tickets (from Breakfast w/ the Beatles) for Beatlefair, so I will be there on Sunday afterall

Donna~
Old Jul 04, 2004, 08:57 AM   #18
dav-here
Sun King

My wife will have to work on Saturday, but we'll both be there on Sunday for sure.

Hey Donna and Becca: Do ya want us 'Linkers to wear "Hello, my name is..." name tags on our shirts like we did last year so we can find each other? I'm pretty sure I'd recognize you again, Becca. But since I've never met you, Donna, I thought this might be a good (and fun) idea! Whaddya think??

BTW, April and I are sorry to hear you won't be coming to the Fair this year, Lorraine. We were really looking forward to getting together with you and yer hubby again (you too, Jerry, our "Fearless Leader").
Old Jul 04, 2004, 10:26 AM   #19
donnamariemoreno27
Mr. Moonlight

[ QUOTE ]
dav-here Posted:

Hey Donna and Becca: Do ya want us 'Linkers to wear "Hello, my name is..." name tags on our shirts like we did last year so we can find each other? I'm pretty sure I'd recognize you again, Becca. But since I've never met you, Donna, I thought this might be a good (and fun) idea! Whaddya think??

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave...sound's like a great idea to me looking forward to meeting you and your wife and any other beatlelinkers coming!

Donna~
Old Jul 04, 2004, 10:49 AM   #20
BeatleChick
Sgt. Pepper

Yea...we could do that again Dave...why not??? It'd make it easier to find each other....and, might be fun....(we can make all those other who aren't wearing name tags wonder about us, and our sanity--that will be fun!!!) So, should we meet in the pub again, or ??? And what time do you want to try to find each other... what's good for everyone??? (And, BTW...think I'd be able to recognize you again, too, Dave! !)