BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Closed Thread

Old Apr 12, 2001, 04:08 PM   #41
st.paulygirl
Nowhere Man

Default Re: WTF is WRONG with Paul???

He's still cute!
'Er, uh, well used to be cute. His cuteness won't get him out of these jams anymore.(Like he cares; money, Heather, great kids and immortality as a legend)
It all brings us back to the music.It's really all that matters in the end, not his personal life.
Old Apr 12, 2001, 04:47 PM   #42
Ian Iachimoe
Apple Scruff

Sleepy Head, The Express is a pretty respected paper. It's not a tabloid like The Sun or The News Of The World, but it's not quite a cerebral Broadsheet like The Times Or The Observer, it's somewhere in the middle, kind of "upper middle brow" if that makes any sense ???

Incidentally, do the Americans have papers like these? I tend to think of it either being the sort of New York Times/New Yorker type mentality or the infamous Enquirer.....which is kind of like a tongue in cheek(if dangerous) comic is it not.....all sort of "Bette Midler Ate My Hamster" kinda headlines !

------------------
In Love all of life's contradictions dissolve and disappear
Old Apr 12, 2001, 06:38 PM   #43
mindgames
Sgt. Pepper

She ate my pet rock.

------------------
This week, the Beatles' greatest hits album, "1", is at number twenty-six on the USA album charts.
Old Apr 13, 2001, 03:39 AM   #44

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ian Iachimoe:
all sort of "Bette Midler Ate My Hamster" kinda headlines !

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, almost as good as the "Richard Gere - gerbil" story.

Old Apr 13, 2001, 10:31 AM   #45
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

Ian, we do have tabloids here in the US -- I can only speak about the New York papers, and we have the NY Times (the respectable broadsheet), the NY Daily News (a bit more sensational, but not bad -- the paper of choice among more blue-collar folks) and the NY Post, a tabloid of the worst kind. Owned by Rupert Murdoch, really skeevey, VERY right-wing. I haven't willingly picked up a copy of the Post since 1980, when they printed a photo of John lying dead in the morgue on their front page...I still haven't forgiven them for that!

Nationally, there's USA Today, or as my husband calls it, "the McPaper!" Not a lot of substance there...

I think most cities have at least one respectable paper and one that is a bit more sensationalized...

------------------
Rooftop Sessions - The Finest In Beatles-Related Fiction. About.com BEST OF THE NET, April 2001! www.rationalmagic.com/Rooftop/Rooftop.html
Old Apr 13, 2001, 02:15 PM   #46
Ian Iachimoe
Apple Scruff

HMV are you serious about the picture of John lying dead in the morgue ??????????

.......NOTHING like that was printed here!!

..Although there was one of Elvis when he was lying in state :-(

------------------
In Love all of life's contradictions dissolve and disappear
Old Apr 13, 2001, 03:49 PM   #47
iFrog
Wild Honey Pie

i think that this topic sucks big time and most of the input on this board is severely hypocritical and one-demensional because some of you are attempting to openly make the incredulous assertions, including but not limited to: 1) Mac is not allowed to think for himself or openly express his opinions, especially in the public arena, 2) you are taking this only at face value and nothing more. It is probably a big fat lie, all too happily blown way out of proportion, but more importantly, none of us were there, so it is impossible to know what really happenned, the truth behind what really happenned, what was really said and whether or not it really matters. Translation: what a bunch of rubbish.

i do hope you understand.

[This message has been edited by iFrog (edited April 13, 2001 at 03:51 PM).]
Old Apr 13, 2001, 05:18 PM   #48
beatlemethisbeatlemethat
Dr. Robert

Since there have been a few people offended by this topic, I will close it. I'll discuss it with Jerry and see if he wants it to be reopened, but until then....

Sorry guys and I apologise to anyone who is upset or offended.
Closed Thread