BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Abbey Road

Old Oct 01, 2003, 05:26 PM   #1
MaccaOnTheRun
Little Child

Default Class Project

Once again I've decided to make another topic (Been awhile eh?) about something that's happened in my life. So, enjoy!

Just lately in my crazy school, which is littered with random Beatles fans.. I've recieved a project. In this project, you had to choose a famous immigrant from the list, and be able to make up an interview, as well as act out a skit as the immigrant. This is sposed to teach us about these famous people.. Blah blah blah.. But of course, my partner and I couldn't find anyone interesting.. Well, she couldn't. I found Yoko Ono. So I got my way of course.

Do you know how hard it is to think up a skit with Yoko Ono in it? Well, its very hard when you semi forget about John Lennon. Thanks to my partner (Who had never heard of John Lennon till now. *shudder*) We'll be acting out John and Yoko moving to the US. Guess who gets to be John?* [img]graemlins/images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I'm sure I've bragged about my poem I had to write last year about the Beatles for my English class, so I won't bring that up again.

I guess what I'm trying to say, in yet another drawn out way, is.. Have any of you guys ever had to do a project for say.. School or anything really.. That had some way to do with the Beatles?
MaccaOnTheRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2003, 07:53 PM   #2
strawberrychick
Wild Honey Pie

Default Re: Class Project

Last year our class had to do a project on someone who we admired or looked up to, so naturally I picked the Beatles. I can usually try to sneak in a Beatles reference when I'm doing other projects or writing things, but that's the only one where I've been able to say "I love the Beatles and this why". (Sadly the project was in french so I doubt anyone was listening [img]graemlins/images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] *)
strawberrychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2003, 08:19 PM   #3
beatlegirl9977
Sgt. Pepper

I've snuck in Beatle references in a lot of school papers and projects... but my favorite Beatles-and-school combination is the Beatle unit I did with my preschoolers the past two years. They LOVED it, as I did too! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

(Shameless self-promotion: there's more about the unit on my website link below) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
beatlegirl9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2003, 08:56 PM   #4
bearkat77
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted By MaccaOnTheRun:
I guess what I'm trying to say, in yet another drawn out way, is.. Have any of you guys ever had to do a project for say.. School or anything really.. That had some way to do with the Beatles?
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">You could say that I've been doing one for some time now. Check out some of my work HERE. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
bearkat77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2003, 04:13 AM   #5
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

[img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] very cute kat! And a fine job you are doing with it also [img]graemlins/clap3.gif[/img]

Since my daughter never has the time to post here I'll tell you that she has written many of her papers on or based on the Beatles in the last year or so.
Last year her school did a history day when each class had a different decade. Lucky for her her class had the 60's. She and a group of her friends dressed and performed (lip synced) Sgt.Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band. It was cute, They dressed like the Beatles off the Abbey Road album. My daughter happens to have a suit just like Pauls and she even got a haircut just like his for it. It was fun.
This year her religion class discusses them often.
sourmilkpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2003, 09:19 AM   #6
Yellow_Beatles_Submarine
Dr. Robert

Location: Corinth,Mississippi,USA,Earth (But can\'t I say \"The Moon Kingdom\" instead?)

I could use all the LAUGH smileys that exist on this post,so I won't put any.OK?!?

My Senior Year of HS,Me & my "Sissie",Suzanne,decided that just having a Red Set & a Blue Set of Beatles hits was not enough for us.
We were going to make those record company pplz see or way...or else.They just had to agree that (When even they admitted someplace,4got where I read it,there were 13 songs they left off those sets,) there just had to be a 3rd Beatles set for that collection....a PURPLE set!
So,save a few laugh smiley's for the rest of this story!So,we got on the Internet (we had to use the local library's at the time!) & we asked what every1's favourites were (songs,I mean!) & we finally compiled a 2 1/2 pgs. list of songs that we believed should be on this PURPLE set.
We had it all planned out.Capitol & Apple just had to agree with us....lol...they just had to.So,you ask why PURPLE?Hmm....Red plus Blue?NEwayz,back on subby,we even talked my bro n2 doing the album cover art if it was approved & it is hard to talk him n2 NEthing.It was to be a nice "Revolver"-esq drawing/collage.
So,finally,we had everything ready.We just had to write a letter,so we wrote down & wrote 2 different "Dear Sir or Madam" letters,and chose the 1 we liked better.Then we were ready to mail.We were young & full of dreams (& in the words of Metallica:"Nothing Else Matters").We just knew the record guys were going to look at our work and say:"Great!This is exactly what we need to do.".....and they might have....in an altered form of reality.
So,a few weeks later,our letter to Apple comes back saying:"Sorry but this mail has been damaged and cannot be delivered.",and isn't torn at all....strange.(Then,I get to thinking:Perhaps,Apple is no longer in ENgland,but over here,instead.But,my parents,who have already spent like a year or this project,deem it hopeless & won't let me continue.).And,we never get a reply from money-hungry Capitol Records....at all!!
So,if you long to see our results....I ask you to look around and tell me how many PURPLE sets you find!!

As this post started about school projects,let me say that,since this was a major part of what I did my Senior Year,that during my Senior Year,I did an essay on this project for English4.The big red 42 my teacher printed at the top told me just how much she &lt;sarcam&gt; loved my project & how much &lt;Sarcasm&gt; she approved of it!!
Old Oct 03, 2003, 03:10 PM   #7
StrawberryFieldsFanNo9
Wild Honey Pie

yeah! in reading in 6th grade we had to do a presentation of any decade in the 20th century. so i chose the 60's(how suprising!)and we had to do a report on anything in that decade so being the person i am i chose the beatles, and thats how i got into the whole beatle thing!
and this year my 8th grade year we have to make a mousetrap car for ipc (intergrated physics & chemistry) and we had to choose a theme and i chose the beatles because i knew i could make something out of it. my wheels are those free aol cds and the decoration is ringo's beatles drumhead and the sgt pepper drumhead and on the side i painted it and im going to put magical mystery tour and thats all i have planned so far.
StrawberryFieldsFanNo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2003, 05:19 PM   #8
EnchantingLennon
Dr. Robert

Let's see... [img]graemlins/thinker.gif[/img]

High School:
I used "A Twist of Lennon" by Cynthia Lennon as a book report for my English class when I was a freshman

College:
Around the time George died, I wrote a paper about John and Paul for English class as "compare and contrast" example. I named my paper "Two of Us" with a black/white picture of John and Paul (the one that's my avater picture!)

I did two John Lennon portraits for my digital illustration class (one black and white and one in color)

I don't remember elementary or middle school projects that I did of the Beatles; I'm sure I did but the only thing I can really remember during that time was bring books and magazines to class. One damn art teacher from middle school took away a magazine with John on the cover and she friggin' lost it in her office! [img]graemlins/angry11.gif[/img] Luckily for me, I found the exact same magazine at Beatlesfest in 1996 and got it to replace the other one. [img]graemlins/thumbsup2.gif[/img]

Jeannette
EnchantingLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2003, 12:42 AM   #9
laura
Day Tripper

My last semester in in high school, I took a Philosophy class, and for one assignment, we had to re-write the Allegory of the Cave.

I was joking around with my friend on AIM about making it a Beatles thing, but then I got really into it and I actually did it. It was all about Paul trying to drag George and John down and not let them them escape from the cave to see the world.

It turned out pretty well, I think. The story was based on their trip to India, and then I used a whole bunch of song titles and lyrics to "prove" my story, like Get Back, Here Comes the Sun, and Sun King. I also quoted Watching the Wheels, I think.....

Anyway, I got an A+ on the paper (woohoo!) and my teacher said it should come with soundtrack.
laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2003, 11:19 AM   #10
vlivantje
Day Tripper

When I was in my last year in high school, we had to write a 20-page final paper (don't know if that is the right name in English though [img]graemlins/thinker.gif[/img] ) Anyway, I did it about...(you're never going to guess this one) THE BEATLES. Bet that was surprising, wasn't it? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Anyway, I got quite good remarks on it, and my teacher came to me and said it was quite interesting to read! In fact, I had written a few things she hadn't known, like Yoko was only John's SECOND wife, etc...
vlivantje is offline   Reply With Quote