BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Apr 18, 2014, 06:45 AM   #1
Fly
Dr. Robert

Post Random John thought since I turned 40

I miss John more than ever because it made me f****ng realize just how young he was. I still feel young, but then I feel older and wiser in some other ways. It hits closer to home because I'm the exact age he was. It gets to me. On top of that just everything in the world seems so much more cold and empty and music doesn't have the same imagination or power. Everything is about selling something, or getting your face out there, and money. I f***ing hate it. It's not ALL like that but a lot of it is. It just makes me miss him so much more.

Just my random John thought. What's up people? Why is this place so dead?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 05:03 PM   #2
Maia 66
Sun King

Happy belated birthday, Fly! I hope it was memorable!

Yeah, it's sick to think how much of life John was ripped off. I mean, I remember when Sean was born... and he's almost 40 now. Crazy.

I agree with you about how much times have changed (it was always about selling stuff, but now it's just concentrated into fewer, more greedy hands), and we need his voice and his humor. John would have been such a vital part of the dissent. There's just no one who can communicate like him... his Twitter account alone would have been brilliant.

I always imagine he would have had some sort of internet radio show or podcast or something, playing all his favorite oldies (and some newies that Sean turned him on to), interviewing very eclectic guests, and raising some hell in a laid-back way. And then he'd contribute to The Daily Show and make a scene.

What a friggin' shame...

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:27 AM   #3
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

I remember when I turned 40 I had a similar feeling; it's just still incredible young, especially for such a creative man like John was. The world could have expected so much more from John, but 6 shots distroyed every hope, which is sad enough.

It's true that there is no actual artist/singer who can be compared with John. No doubt that he would have loved to communicate through internet. Of course, this is only speculations, but knowing John...

Snoopy
Snoopy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2014, 08:50 PM   #4
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly View Post
Why is this place so dead?
Cuz YOU ain't around!!

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2014, 01:52 PM   #5
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Hey, hey now. So great to see Fly back! I think your post was very touching. It also makes me think about how so many people slam John for things he did or didn't do...yet he was still in his 20s or 30s. Most people don't learn from their mistakes until years later, but he seemed to catch on quicker than most. And he seemed to care a lot more than most as well. I think that is another thing people need to understand when trying to understand John- how much he did in such a short time. It's pretty much unreal. And that's a genius for you.

Gershwin was similar. Mozart. You know, I think- of course- that a genius can create for years and years, but there is something so interesting in these ones who lived such short lives. Their creativity came in such rapid bursts, in nearly consistent succession, and was on such a high level of greatness.

It just makes you think if they had a clue of their own mortality.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Apr 24, 2014 at 01:53 PM.
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2014, 04:24 PM   #6
Dr. Robert

I am now 7 years and 5 months older than John was when he was taken from us and have yet to create anything close to a masterpiece...