BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:53 PM   #41
Fly
Dr. Robert

Angry Oh shut up!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy66 View Post
Oh really, we already have 2013 ?? I thought that we are still talking of the 60's Actually, it's quite cosy in my cave and no, I don't think that the air outside is o.k. as I'm afraid to come across the fearsome Tyrannosaurus-Yoko Further, I guess you're just jealous that we have nicer caves here in Switzerland, than you have in Baltimore

It's odd that you compare Cyn's dressing with John's mother, as it's well-known that Julia was quite excentric (certainly more than Cyn) and very much ahead of her time. But you're forgiven as you're obviously reading the wrong books about John

Anyway, John may have been weak emotionally, but I doubt that he would have been THAT stupid to stay during 10 years with a boring woman. You just don't like the fact that John really loved Cyn (in the first years at least). John's relationship with Yoko was similar: Huge love at first, many things and goals in common, but after the birth of Sean their love little by little faded away. Just the tragic death of John prevent the couple from a foreseeable divorce. Too many people talked and wrote since then about their shattered couple, they can't be ALL wrong. So let's face it, dear Fly: it's high time to wake up in your fairy-story-dream-land

I heard in the news that you have a severe winter-storm right now in the US; so I'm glad to keep your blood boiling with my messages

Snoopy
Must be some kind of Swiss humor I don't get because I didn't get half of what you said as funny. The other half was ridiculous as per usual.

Tyrannosaurus-Yoko. WTF is that Snoopy? It's embarrassing at this point but you continue your attempts at humor so whatever.

I did compare Cynthia's dress sense to that of John's mother but it wasn't LITERAL darling. I was using figurative language. Basically, I think Julia Lennon was beautiful, interesting, vivacious, funny, and endearing. I don't think Cynthia was any of those things. She was drab, dull, and boring and her hair has remained the EXACT SAME f******g style since 1958. There is nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, that Cynthia has ever said that made me go, "Wow, what an interesting woman." Her books were snoozers, her hideous tweed pencil skirt and loafer look reminds me of the stuff my grandmother would donate to the purple hearts from her closet before she vamped up her wardrobe. We're talking ugly. So NO I was definitely not comparing Cynthia Lennon's style and dress sense to John's actual mother. Poor Julia doesn't deserve that.

John stayed with Cynthia for 10 years and so what? I never said John didn't love Cynthia. I said I can't really stand the woman and she's boring. But John loved her and Julian I am certain, however don't even think about comparing John and Cynthia to John and Yoko. Cynthia was a nice lady and all, but there was no way her and John had what John had with Yoko. J&Y were deeply connected to each other, so much so that they risked a ton to get together when the odds were against them. And the love was powerful. I mean, go play Don't Let Me Down or I Want You.*

And there you go again bringing up stories from books you read, but then you balk at any stories that tell the truth about Cynthia being a bore and badly suited for John. In my opinion, John and Cynthia got married because she got pregnant. I don't think it would have lasted had that not happened. Not that that is a bad thing. I admit Julian was the best thing that came out of that union. He'd be even better if he didn't whine like a motherf****** baby like he wasn't super rich living in all kinds of mansions all over f*****g the French Riviera, Italy, England, the west coast, etc. With his boats and leisure work pace. Whatever. I am done sympathizing with him and his woes. And the mother either. She's milked it to the bone. Guess what Cynthia: it's been 45 years, time to get over it.

Thanks for your support regarding the storms. We're all safe here and been spending all kinds of time building 'snow families' in our yard. Spring can come any time now.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:03 PM   #42
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Default Oh wow Fly.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Feb 11, 2013 at 06:03 PM.
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:59 AM   #43
hibgal
Sun King

Well, I DID say that Fly should speak up!

No, but seriously, I don't see how anyone can say whether John and Yoko would've stayed together forever if John had lived. How can we? People change, things happens, you know? If Yoko hadn't quit the drugs, and I do hope she could've stayed clean without the incentive of being Sean's only care giver (as Chris mentions in another thread), that could've led to divorce. I've seen closeup what happens when you get children and the one parent is a drug addict/user. Sometimes the other parent is basically forced to separate for the sake of the child. Such things. What we do know is that they were still married and appeared to be in a good place as a couple when John was killed. From what we saw then it seemed as their marriage would last. Why not just accept that and not speculate on a future that never could be?

Besides, even IF John had divorced Yoko, I doubt very much he would've gone back to Cynthia, even if she'd been willing to have him. They had their youth and Julian in common, but as adults they shared very little. They certainly weren't friends. Imagining otherwise is pure make believe.

Sometimes I dream in colors
It always happens when
I find myself with others
Who don't pretend
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:47 AM   #44
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Cool To the snow family in Baltimore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly View Post
Must be some kind of Swiss humor I don't get because I didn't get half of what you said as funny. The other half was ridiculous as per usual.

Tyrannosaurus-Yoko. WTF is that Snoopy? It's embarrassing at this point but you continue your attempts at humor so whatever.

I did compare Cynthia's dress sense to that of John's mother but it wasn't LITERAL darling. I was using figurative language. Basically, I think Julia Lennon was beautiful, interesting, vivacious, funny, and endearing. I don't think Cynthia was any of those things. She was drab, dull, and boring and her hair has remained the EXACT SAME f******g style since 1958. There is nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, that Cynthia has ever said that made me go, "Wow, what an interesting woman." Her books were snoozers, her hideous tweed pencil skirt and loafer look reminds me of the stuff my grandmother would donate to the purple hearts from her closet before she vamped up her wardrobe. We're talking ugly. So NO I was definitely not comparing Cynthia Lennon's style and dress sense to John's actual mother. Poor Julia doesn't deserve that.

John stayed with Cynthia for 10 years and so what? I never said John didn't love Cynthia. I said I can't really stand the woman and she's boring. But John loved her and Julian I am certain, however don't even think about comparing John and Cynthia to John and Yoko. Cynthia was a nice lady and all, but there was no way her and John had what John had with Yoko. J&Y were deeply connected to each other, so much so that they risked a ton to get together when the odds were against them. And the love was powerful. I mean, go play Don't Let Me Down or I Want You.*

And there you go again bringing up stories from books you read, but then you balk at any stories that tell the truth about Cynthia being a bore and badly suited for John. In my opinion, John and Cynthia got married because she got pregnant. I don't think it would have lasted had that not happened. Not that that is a bad thing. I admit Julian was the best thing that came out of that union. He'd be even better if he didn't whine like a motherf****** baby like he wasn't super rich living in all kinds of mansions all over f*****g the French Riviera, Italy, England, the west coast, etc. With his boats and leisure work pace. Whatever. I am done sympathizing with him and his woes. And the mother either. She's milked it to the bone. Guess what Cynthia: it's been 45 years, time to get over it.

Thanks for your support regarding the storms. We're all safe here and been spending all kinds of time building 'snow families' in our yard. Spring can come any time now.
Oh well, unlike Scruffie, I'm not impressed at all by your answer, but highly amused, as usual Further, it's cool that thank's to my substantial messages, you're flying again in the forum.

I think it's standing to reason that John may not have stayed that long with Cyn, if she hadn't got pregnant. However, if John wouldn't had been so heavily on drugs, I doubt that he'd fallen in love with Yoko. I know it's speculation, but not unlikely. By the way, I can pretend the same thing with Yoko: Maybe they just stayed together because of Sean, although they took more and more separate ways. And their couple had been broken once before; remember the "lost weekend" ? So much about their "deep connection"...

John clearly was searching for a "guru", as he always was searching for someone he could look up to all his life. He thought he'd may be the Maharadschi, but then the India-trip proved to be a failure in this prospect. Then came Yoko, who became his muse and kind of mentor. Still, that doesn't mean that she was the ideal woman/housewife for him. I admit that it was the perfect match during a certain time, till their huge love slowly puffed out. Although their couple was a myth in the music-business, I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't have lasted a life-time. Time "to get over" with that myth, dear Fly

And what the Swiss humour concerns: I'm not surprised you didn't get it, faaar to subtile for narrow-minded Yoko-fans

Snoopy
Snoopy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:01 AM   #45
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Post I agree on this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post
I can't recall the quote, as I'm having some trouble lately being able to summarize verbatim, but it was something about how she felt they just operated on the same wavelength and she was certain there was no way she could have stopped them from getting together.

There just seemed to not be a lot of communication between John and Cynthia and that could have been part of their issue. She seemed to not be as excited/invested in his artistic world as Yoko was. Just my feelings...
Yeah, I know what you mean; Cyn herself actually claimed herself, that John and Yoko were on the same wave-length and this feeling proved to be true for a certain time at least. This proves also that Cyn did understand John (for those members who always imply, Cyn never understood John). No doubt also, that the communication between John & Yoko was much more deeper and palpable than between John & Cyn, which certainly was more superficial.

Snoopy
Snoopy66 is offline   Reply With Quote