BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Old Jun 07, 2007, 02:35 PM   #1
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy
Default Just got home from secret London gig...

What can I say?? Of course it was just fantastic. Totally wonderful.

I am soooooo exhausted...it has been a very long day since I got the call this time yesterday that there was the gig and made up my mind to do everything in my power to get to it. And it all paid off because I was in the perfect position...front centre, ever so slightly to the right. RIGHT in front of Paul, totally in his line of vision. I mean right at the very very front up against the barrier. Couldn't have been closer. Unless I was on stage with him.

The turn-out to start with indicated that the gig was maybe a little too secret. Not many people did the all-nighters that are so common with Macca fans. Maybe 8 or 9 people. And by 11am the numbers would still have been less than 100 and with the wrist bands getting allocated at 12.30, that was a bit surprising. Tragically, the website had it wrong and it wasn't an 18 and overs only gig....our very own beatles fan decided not to come to London because of that and when I saw the signs that uner 14s were to be permitted, I called him and he got on the next train but only just missed out on a wrist band....talk about gutting. But next time, Moo!! It will happen.

Anyway!! On to the music. This is all going to be a bit jerky because I am so out of it with tiredness!!

Paul's voice was just simply beautiful. I couldn't get over how good he sounded actually.
I didn't know what to expect in terms of a set list - whether it would be all MAF or just one or two and then classics. Turns out he did 5 tracks from MAF - Only Mumma Knows, Dance Tonight, That Was Me, House of Wax and a little of Nod Your Head so he could get us all nodding for the video. Each of these tracks was sensational live, they absolutely rocked. Everyone gave them a hugely warm reception so it would be correct to say that the fans are enjoying MAF.
I thought that Paul looked very emotional for the first couple of numbers. And then when he came to do Here Today....well! He cracked up. But totally beautifully of course. Understandable since he had dedicated it "to our fallen heroes: John, George and Linda".

He was dressed in a blue and white striped long sleeve t-shirt and dark denim jeans with a black belt. He looked immaculate.

He was in really good form and did lots of nice things...little dances, little remarks. He made the audience feel really special.

During Hey Jude when he was at the piano, he looked right at me so I immediately said "I love you!!" and smiled hard core and you know what he did, right? He gave me the most beautiful wink. Oooooh yes. That made my night!! haahaaaa!

As one of the first people through the door, I was handed a MAF T-shirt which is quite nice.

Really it was just great. Too good to really talk about!! You all know what I mean! And I can't believe that I was there and that this all happened so quickly.

Rumour has it that he is doing one in New York within 2 weeks so all of you in that region, keep your eyes on the news section of his website.

Like I said, this is all a bit mad and all over the place and jerky so go ahead and ask me any questions about it if you wanna know anything.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2007, 03:55 PM   #2
Miss Wendy Winters
Wild Honey Pie

Oh my god Lucy, that is amazing!! I'm so happy for you! As soon as I heard about the London show I hoped you would get in. I know he's doing a secret gig here in LA, so I've been doing everything I can to find out details about it..I've only found out the date (June 16) and a possible venue.

Ok my question for you. When did you get there? Did you camp out?
Old Jun 07, 2007, 03:58 PM   #3
Serena

hey lucy! that's great that you got to attend that. sounds like a great show and how great that he noticed you!

how many songs did he do? i hope he keeps those same MAF songs for his tour, it'll be worth the wait for next year.

good luck to everyone else going to the other two shows.

Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2007, 09:37 PM   #5
beatlelover45223

Cool

wow, how awesome was that Lucy! I envy you!

~ Nancy ~
beatlelover45223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2007, 03:38 AM   #6
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

**dies of jealousy**
Old Jun 08, 2007, 03:40 AM   #7
maxeythecat
Nowhere Man

HE'S DOING ONE IN LOS ANGELES????? Oh, please PLEASE somebody keep me posted!!!!!!
maxeythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2007, 04:09 AM   #8
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Wendy Winters View Post
Oh my god Lucy, that is amazing!! I'm so happy for you! As soon as I heard about the London show I hoped you would get in. I know he's doing a secret gig here in LA, so I've been doing everything I can to find out details about it..I've only found out the date (June 16) and a possible venue.

Ok my question for you. When did you get there? Did you camp out?
Yeah I did camp out although as it turned out there was no need to. But it just wasn't worth the risk to leave it until the morning. It was very sneaky that the details only appeared on the web on Wednesday evening and when I discussed the plan of action in detail with Ellie (who alerted me to it), we decided that it would be likely that lots would have arrived by 6am so it wasn't worth it to stay at home and then get there early....and also since I live near by, it would have been mad not to get myself down there. Also, I knew that I would have been so worried all night, knowing that I might be missing out that I wouldn't have slept at all anyway. There were about 10 or 12 of us there overnight. But is wasn't too bad. It passed pretty quickly. I got there at about midnight - Ellie called me when I was in bed in my nighty with all my make up off about to go to sleep!! I soon sprung in to action though!!!
After I checked out the line and was given a ticket with "8" on it, I went back to my flat (about 15 mins away on the bus) and got some supplies....blankets and duvet etc. Todd couldn't believe it - about an hour before I had been moaning to him about how tired I was but then the call came!!!! haahaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Jenea that is wonderful that you have stalked down the date of it...just watch his website like a hawk and be prepared to drop everything and get your carcass down there!!! It is worth entering any competitions there are on the website for wrist bands too, just to cover yourself. My wrist band is a beauty - bright pink with a black signature. Sad as it is, I am still wearing it today!! haahaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena View Post
hey lucy! that's great that you got to attend that. sounds like a great show and how great that he noticed you!

how many songs did he do? i hope he keeps those same MAF songs for his tour, it'll be worth the wait for next year.

good luck to everyone else going to the other two shows.
I am sure that the setlist is online somewhere by now. Matt was asking me before and I seem to have forgotten the order but he started with Drive My Car and then Only Mumma Knows. It was a full set...maybe about 18 - 20 songs. I will look up the set list when I get home.

My friend emailed me earlier to say she had seen me on the news bopping away. Nice. I bet I looked a total nutter in all the excitement! heeheeee!

Good luck to all of you hoping to see him in the US. Trust me - it is WELL WORTH a camp out. That is all part of the fun. You always meet some great great people and do lots of bonding!
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2007, 06:39 AM   #9
Asha
Sun King

Awesome experience, Lucy! Thanks for sharing it! Although, by the time he hits the states, I'm sure camping out will be a MUST!!!

I was in line for the Tonight Show back in 1984 from 5pm until 5pm the next night. Only two people made it into the studio behind me. So I'm all for camping! Never assume you'll make it in!!!
Asha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2007, 07:59 AM   #10
Jania Coyd
Dr. Robert

Ahh! I'm so jealous! It sounds great!
Sometimes I hate living here... Ghar! I ALSO WANT TO SEE HIIIIIMM!!!

Bjrn
Jania Coyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2007, 08:23 AM   #11
erinluv182
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to erinluv182

Lucy this is A-MA-ZING!!! Thanks so much for sharing, even though I am crazy jealous of you! Yet another reason that I should be living in London...

Once you go Macca, you never go bacca.
erinluv182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2007, 08:57 AM   #12
maxeythecat
Nowhere Man

Quote:
I know he's doing a secret gig here in LA, so I've been doing everything I can to find out details about it..I've only found out the date (June 16) and a possible venue.
Let's see if I'm right...are we talking about House of Blues on Sunset? The Avalon? Music Box on Hollywood Blvd? Hell, let's go for broke...The Roxy? The Whiskey? The Wiltern Theatre? Kodak Theatre? Am I even close? Oh, btw...congrats on seeing our beloved Macca in such a setting...hopefully I might be as lucky.

Last edited by maxeythecat : Jun 08, 2007 at 08:59 AM.
maxeythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2007, 09:08 AM   #13
oldbeatlechick
Sun King

Congrats on getting to the gig made so much more special that he noticed you you lucky devil Lucy I'm so envious of you!

I didn't see anything until late morning as I hadn't been online and was so peeved that I hadn't seen it before. I would have got on the train to London to be there if I had known!!

I bet Matt was pretty miffed too?

We didn't all get into music for a job! We got into music to avoid a job, in truth - and get lots of girls.
Paul McCartney
oldbeatlechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2007, 10:39 AM   #14
oldbeatlechick
Sun King

Have just seen the pics and video on the Memory almost Full site. Saw you in the front there Lucy!!

We didn't all get into music for a job! We got into music to avoid a job, in truth - and get lots of girls.
Paul McCartney
oldbeatlechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2007, 10:40 AM   #15
Asha
Sun King

Awww, she's famous, too!
Asha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2007, 11:37 AM   #16
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

Yeah, Lucy! I saw you on there too...look at that HUGE grin on your face! So cute!
Old Jun 08, 2007, 11:52 AM   #17
Miss Wendy Winters
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxeythecat View Post
Let's see if I'm right...are we talking about House of Blues on Sunset? The Avalon? Music Box on Hollywood Blvd? Hell, let's go for broke...The Roxy? The Whiskey? The Wiltern Theatre? Kodak Theatre? Am I even close? Oh, btw...congrats on seeing our beloved Macca in such a setting...hopefully I might be as lucky.
haha The possibilities are endless aren't they? Not good for those of us who want to go. But a little birdie told me it may be at The Roxy..but this has not been confirmed.
Old Jun 08, 2007, 01:16 PM   #18
62hofner

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxeythecat View Post
HE'S DOING ONE IN LOS ANGELES????? Oh, please PLEASE somebody keep me posted!!!!!!
Yes - please!!!!!
62hofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2007, 01:22 PM   #19
62hofner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Wendy Winters View Post
haha The possibilities are endless aren't they? Not good for those of us who want to go. But a little birdie told me it may be at The Roxy..but this has not been confirmed.
I'll see seeing The Police in Vegas on the 15th. So, it is highly unlikely that I'd be able to position myself to see Macca on the 16th (assuming camping out will required, that is).

But, what a rockin' weekend THAT would've been! The Police on Friday, and Macca on Saturday!
62hofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2007, 01:26 PM   #20
allyp
Fool On The Hill

Is that the first time he has done C'MOON live?
allyp is offline   Reply With Quote