BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Abbey Road

Closed Thread

Old Mar 13, 2004, 07:13 AM   #21
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

Default Re: The incident that split John and Paul

I was just waiting for your reply Legs!
Old Mar 13, 2004, 07:24 AM   #22
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

In all honesty my answer would be this (and I am ducking the tomatoes);

I am fully aware that many peole tend to want to see their idols (whomever they may be) through rose-colored glasses. I 'see' this side of the Beatles when I want to, I do not see the need to discuss this publicly however. I see no problem with the 'public image' they have chosen to project. They were a band of a different time and I choose to remember their past in the way the times chose to see them. I believe every one involved went to many lengths to protect the image and I say so be it. You can find the faults in everyone famous or not but I do not believe it is good for the soul to do so.
'nuf said, for now.
Old Mar 13, 2004, 07:42 AM   #23
FPSHOT
Sun King

mmm I think I will leave this one, I very much resent to this way of writing, sorry.
Old Mar 13, 2004, 07:43 AM   #24
FPSHOT
Sun King

I can not stand gossip like this
Old Mar 13, 2004, 07:52 AM   #25
FPSHOT
Sun King

Do we need this kind of fiction?
Old Mar 13, 2004, 07:58 AM   #26
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

Just change the channel. No need to listen to the 'Devil's Radio' if you don't want to.
Old Mar 13, 2004, 05:59 PM   #27
Savoy Truffle
Paperback Writer

Ye, gods!!! I don't think I've read such drivel in my life. Sorry.
Old Mar 13, 2004, 07:32 PM   #28
robofab4
Apple Scruff

The only thing I'll say about this "story" is ask you if you have facts to back all this up? Or is this just your thinking?

Robin
Old Mar 13, 2004, 09:30 PM   #29
Ricky Rickenbacker
Apple Scruff

Wow...Maynard, that was like reading "War and Peace! By the time I got done reading that I had to shave again. Nothing personal, just injecting some humor.
From what I've read and heard form the Beatles in the 90's it seems like there many things, already mentioned here, that led to their breakup and then when the lawyers got involved that was to much.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 12:03 AM   #30
MAYNARD
Fool On The Hill

It took War & Peace to respond to everything.
Mine's from pretty reliable sources. But I'm sure there are different versions of the events out there. But start by reading the Love You Make by Peter Brown, check the sources section and judge for yourself. The info is out there is you look enough. Some of the sources include:
1) Ringo- you don't say you left your woman near dead in a pool of blood unless you mean it. Or at least that's how the courts look at it in America. Also Paul's offhand wink comments about a number of things.
2) The official documents of the British courts.
3) Cynthia Powell
4) Assorted Beatle Wives
5) Assorted Beatle insiders- I.E. Those dead weights who followed them around.
*Also I haven't done it but see if you can E-mail a man called Peter Gaines. He knows these things better than me and can sight credible evidence and sources.
It's kind of sad that all of this had to happen instead of the Beatles staying non drugged enough and 4 Muskateers enough to do more and perform live again. But then again they could have done bad 70s pop and they did bow out at the logical conclusion to their career long themes of trying to find love in life.
Abbey Road was produced well and sounds cool and has good drama and themes and all but it does hint that the group might be going too poppy after my fab stuff like I'll Be Back,
She Said, A Taste Of Honey, Anna, Northern, Within-In You, Thank-You Girl, Happiness, Revolution, Boys and the incredible You Know My Name (Look Up The Number).
It's pretty cool how each album is like a chapter on that theme. Just in terms of a plotline, they ended the idea near perfectly. And I mean Mc.Cartney was already doing his bottom of the barrell plastic poser stuff like Honey Pie and then you had Dig It and the boring/repetative I Me Mine passing as legitimate songs. And they weren't giving the fans much more. There wasn't the pop culture scene like during Beatlemania- especially '63.
Peace and Love
Donny
P.S. I try not to deal in Gossip- I like honesty.
Albeit it does mess with how I like to remember the Beatles. But my main deal is how much I feel Paul brought down the group
and how the dead weights as the Boys called them killed the band. Albeit Ringo should be ashamed for giving Barbie a thrashing like that. But I prefer to remember them at Stowe Boarding school in a perfect set-up to play a great show with stuff they knew how to play Beatle already and how the England back then tied into it. Or the world they had within walking distance in Liverpool- at least people make it seem like they were in the right place at the right time to get to do cool stuff. Sorry I'm writing Websters now...
---------------------------------------------------------------Speaking words Of wisdom-
Paul Mc.Cartney
You say you want a Revolution well you know you can count me in.
John Lennon
Let's Do Lunch Sometime And I'll fill you in-
Paul Mc.Cartney

[size="1"][ Mar 14, 2004, 12:36 AM: Message Edited By: MAYNARD ][/size]
Old Mar 14, 2004, 01:01 AM   #31
FPSHOT
Sun King

**sigh**

what I do like is the first part of your signature [img]graemlins/smile1.gif[/img]

I know very well that our guys were no pussycats, but digging all this up - and I still have very serious doubts about the balance between fiction and facts - does not have any additional value, now does it. What do we gain from this?

"Silence often says much more,
Than trying to say what's been said before."

but then

"Everyone has choice
When to and not to raise their voices"

but still

"Beware of sadness
It can hit you
It can hurt you
Make you sore and what is more
That is not what you are here for"

And 'that is all' I'm gonna say.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 04:42 AM   #32
Tim
Sgt. Pepper

Maynard: The only 2 things I do question are with Brian and Dick James(the publisher).

I don't think Brian was as much crooked as a fairly provincial and incompetent guy...i.e. thinking he was ripping off SELTAEB by getting 10% of the cut or Shenson by taking 7 1/2% of the cut of AHDN (when in both cases SELTAEB was willing to give Brian 90% and Shension was going to offer 50-60%.)
Other bits on Brian: in 1964,he was going to try to get George Martin to leave EMI to be NEMS' producer for 1000/year. Also he took but $3000 for the Sullivan appearances (ALL 3) in exchange for top billing,at a time when a typical Sullivana ct would get $2000/show. Also when the Beatles hit big in 63, Brian had lined up concerts where they were getting 80-100 a niht,and he refused to renegotiate!

Dick James (who sang Robin Hood,a US #1 and only got his studio fee of 5 for it),actually was fairer to the Beatles than most music publishers of the era were to their clients. In an era where it was common for a publisher to get 80% of the gross,he took 50% of the net with Northern Songs.

The thing with Northern,Brian was getting advice from a lawyer with the Tory campaign (right after Tories get kicked from office), and he advised flaoting Northern Songs on the Exchange.

Apple: In 1965,there was a company set up called The Beatles (Ltd.) as a holding company for the moneys from Help! (in Sterling in a Bahamian bank,and they lost a fortune when the Pound was devalued against the dollar). In 1968,this was mutated into Apple. Source for all of the above :Shout! by Philip Norman.

The other stuff I am inclined to agree on.
Old Mar 15, 2004, 06:27 PM   #33
One_Sweet_Dream
Taxman

Wow, I don't know how much of that was true at all, it seems pretty brutal and cruel and way beyond anything I even suspected about the Beatles. However, I tend to prefer my naive and innocent love for the Beatles, the one in which they're practically perfect in every way, the one in which the harshest truth comes in only when I allow it to. So maybe it's not quite as factual, but I like my Beatlemaniac happiness better. Why would I want to think so negatively about my favorite group on this earth? Ok well now I'm rambling endlessly, so I'll stop this post now.
Closed Thread