BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Abbey Road

Old Oct 02, 2006, 09:10 AM   #1
joenamherst
Dr. Robert

Default 'Love' It's Official!!

Just in from thebeatles.com........The 'Love' cd will be released in november. The tracklisting will be 'revealed' soon.
Old Oct 02, 2006, 09:24 AM   #2
LauraBC
Apple Scruff

Just got the press release in my email box :) Cannot wait! Seeing the show back in July, I loved how songs like Tomorrow Never Knows easily transitioned into something like Within You Without You... Man, so much great stuff coming out this fall.

Sometimes, you release an album and the record company just about ignores it, and so many people don't even know it's out. And I'm not about to jump up and down shouting, "Hey folks, look at me! I'm cool and groovy!" That's not what George Harrison is all about. ~ GH
LauraBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2006, 09:43 AM   #3
AMBOISVERT
Dr. Robert

Woo Hoo!!

Tony

AMBOISVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2006, 11:07 AM   #4
taxman
Taxman

"LOVE" ALBUM TO BE RELEASED

Monday 2nd October

Apple Corps Ltd/EMI Music proudly announces the release of LOVE, the new CD from The Beatles, due November 2006.

After being asked by the remaining Beatles, Ringo and Paul along with Yoko Ono Lennon and Olivia Harrison, to make experimental mixes from the original master tapes for a collaboration with Cirque du Soleil, Sir George Martin, The Beatles legendary producer, and his son Giles Martin have been working with the entire archive of Beatles recordings to create LOVE.

The result is an unprecedented approach to the music. Using the master tapes at EMI's Abbey Road Studios, Sir George and Giles have created a unique soundscape. The release of this album, which is also featured in the Cirque Du Soleil/Beatles collaborative production of the same name at the Mirage in Las Vegas, has been much anticipated.

"This music was designed for the LOVE show in Las Vegas but in doing so we've created a new Beatles album" said Sir George. "The Beatles always looked for other ways of expressing themselves and this is another step forward for them."

Giles continues, "We took all the Beatles' catalogue from tape, the original four tracks, eight tracks and two tracks and used this palette of sounds and music to create a sound bed. What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period".

The album will be released worldwide in November 2006. Additional information, including a track listing will be available shortly.

Many thanks.

TheBeatles.com
taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2006, 12:01 PM   #5
JimmyMcCullochFan
Rocky Raccoon

Send a message via MSN to JimmyMcCullochFan

Can't wait!!
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2006, 12:48 PM   #6
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

this is rather exciting...
sourmilkpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2006, 03:39 PM   #7
kazgirl
Wild Honey Pie

Big smile time all around
Kaz
when it all works out,
it doesn't matter much to me
kazgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2006, 07:28 PM   #8
MAXWELL EDISON
Rocky Raccoon

It'll be a long month until November!!!!!!
MAXWELL EDISON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2006, 09:33 PM   #9
Fluxus
Wild Honey Pie

I can't wait - it was such an amazing show. But you'll really have to see the show to "hear" everying. What is quadrophonic X 1000? I know the stuff that was coming through the speakers in my seat was different than the stuff through the main PA.

Go to Vegas!!!
Fluxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2006, 05:29 AM   #10
getback
Wild Honey Pie

i'm skeptical about this. not sure if it's the purist in me or just that i'm not exactly sure what "love" really is. i'm much more interested in the basic remastering project.

Last edited by getback : Oct 06, 2006 at 05:30 AM.
getback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2006, 03:00 PM   #11
LauraBC
Apple Scruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluxus
I can't wait - it was such an amazing show. But you'll really have to see the show to "hear" everying. What is quadrophonic X 1000? I know the stuff that was coming through the speakers in my seat was different than the stuff through the main PA.

Go to Vegas!!!
I so agree. It felt like a sublime concert - the music was more than enough for me, but of course the live acts helped! I felt like singing along so many times

Sometimes, you release an album and the record company just about ignores it, and so many people don't even know it's out. And I'm not about to jump up and down shouting, "Hey folks, look at me! I'm cool and groovy!" That's not what George Harrison is all about. ~ GH
Old Oct 06, 2006, 05:13 PM   #12
I've Just Seen A Face
Nowhere Man

Send a message via AIM to I've Just Seen A Face Send a message via Yahoo to I've Just Seen A Face

I heard, like in January, that "Carnival of Light" was one of the songs in "Love". Am I right?
Ahh, Girls school!"

Paul McCartney~Girls School~1978
I've Just Seen A Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2006, 01:40 AM   #13
Zimmerman The Gnome
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by I've Just Seen A Face
I heard, like in January, that "Carnival of Light" was one of the songs in "Love". Am I right?

I'd be willing to bet that its not.
Old Oct 07, 2006, 03:28 AM   #14
AMBOISVERT
Dr. Robert

I am willing to pray that it is not.

Tony

AMBOISVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2006, 05:41 PM   #15
LauraBC
Apple Scruff

More news from Abbeyrd Beatles News Briefs

“AN EXTRAORDINARY NEW BEATLES PROJECT” - Entertainment Weekly

LOVE, is a fascinating reworking of numerous classic Beatlesrecordings by the band’s original producer, Sir George Martin and hisson Giles.

LOVE, is also the title of the highly successful Cirque du Soleil show, a co-production with Apple Corps, featuring the music of The Beatles, currently wowing audiences in Las Vegas.

In creating the music for the show and for the album, George and Giles have created a continuous “soundscape” - a series of well-known Beatles songs augmented by additional instrumentation and vocals taken from their vast bank of original multi-track tapes. If you can imagine “Strawberry Fields Forever” beginning with John’s original demo before going into an early take of the song and then climaxing in a musical collage including the piano solo from “In My Life” and the harpsichord pattern from “Piggies” and lots, lots more - or “Get Back”, prefaced by the “Hard Day’s Night” opening guitar chord, the guitar and drum solos from “The End” and segued into “Glass Onion”, you will begin to get the picture. But hearing is believing!

The guys have pushed back the boundaries and come up with a brand new work that will add to the enduring legacy of the band.

The result is an amazing album that not only reinforces the timeless quality of the group’s recordings

- the fans will have fun enjoying the roller coaster experience of the album whilst trying to spot where all the pieces come from. It is also destined to open up a new legion of fans to The Beatles experience.
BUY! HERE’S WHY!

STEREO CD will contain 78 minutes of newly mixed and mastered music packaged in a jewel box with a 28-page booklet including liner notes by George and Giles Martin.

FIRST TIME EVER DELUXE COLLECTOR’S EDITION will include both the stereo CD and a BONUS AUDIO DVD packaged in a digi-package with O-card. The DVD is audio only and will contain 81 minutes of music in 5.1 surround sound (presented in DTS, Dolby and DVDA).

1-HOUR RADIO SPECIAL to air nationally and will include massive on air promotions.

PRESS / LAUNCH EVENT

- Pre-release playback’s planned for Los Angeles and NYC.
- Global multi-media launch planned for November.
- Major network news entertainment features.
- Satellite feed of EPK on street date forecasted to reach 50 million viewers.
- Major magazine and news publications expected to feature the LOVE story.
MASSIVE NATIONAL TV ADVERTISING planned to run on national network and cable outlets prerelease through December.

TOOLS TV spots, radio spots, project trailer, EPK, press images, 4-song audio sampler, audio sound bites, radio programming, digital banners, admat.

POP Pre-release banners, posters, post cards, 1x1s and bin cards.

A 26 track release featuring the following:
Because
Get Back
Glass Onion
I Am The Walrus
Drive My Car/The Word/What You’re Doing
Blackbird/Yesterday
Strawberry Fields Forever
Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows
Octopus’s Garden
Lady Madonna
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
A Day In The Life
Hey Jude
All You Need Is Love
Deluxe Edition includes:
Stereo CD - same as above.
Audio DVD - audio only and will contain 81 minutes of music in 5.1 surround sound presented in 3 different file formats (DTS, Dolby and DVDA).
IN STORES NOVEMBER 21, 2006 *PROVISIONAL STREET DATE (ORDER DUE DATE 10/27/06)
THE BEATLES LOVE DELUXE EDITION (CD+AUDIO DVD):
C2KT-79810
CD: C2PC-79808C
FILE UNDER: THE BEATLES
Artwork © 2006 The Cirque Apple Creation Partnership/Apple Corps Ltd.

Old Oct 15, 2006, 10:58 AM   #16
Zep
Fool On The Hill

Sorry to spoil the party. The Beatles will not reunite. John and George are dead. 'Real Love' and 'Free as a Bird' are not Beatles songs. And I do not really like them.

This in NOT a new Beatles project.
I REALLY love the Beatles, but I also love Beethoven.
I have no expectation of a new Beethoven symphony.
Without John - dead for 26 years now - and George; without all four Beatle united in consent, there will NOT and NEVER be a new Beatles project.

This is marketing. They want our money. The money of Beatles fans.
Zep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 02:00 AM   #17
Zimmerman The Gnome
Sun King

Well Zep, you are probably right but I'm kinda curious to hear the album all the same. It will either be a refreshing listen or a horrible mess.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 02:13 AM   #18
jesgear
Sun King

If Paul and Ringo aren't saying it's not a Beatles project or release, that's good enough for me. I'll gladly give them my money for this.

jesgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 09:17 AM   #19
Zep
Fool On The Hill

So you mean, if the son of George Martin produces a new "Beatles"-project and 50% of the Beatles do not protest, it's an album of the Beatles.

But, as we all will, naturally I will buy it. I just hope this will stop soon.

But now I have to watch the Anthology again for the fourth time... ;-)
Zep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 11:45 AM   #20
darkhorse
Sun King

I really liked "Free as a Bird" and "Real Love", and think about them as Beatles songs, but I have also had mixed opinions about the vast amount of 'new Beatles projects' released in the years after the Anthologies. (Especially when the original catalogue is in such a terrible state of conservation, with terrible sound and awful packaging...)

This one comes to me as being extremely curious, as I normally don't trust remixes at all (the YS Songtrack was another different story - it's one of the few 'new' albums that I've loved!) and I think this CD is absolutely pointless. I think I will buy it just because I'm a collector... We will have to wait and see what goes on with this.
darkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote