BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Not Only A Northern Song

Old Sep 13, 2014, 09:24 AM   #1
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Default today's music artists

Which musical talent do you think will still be popular 50 years from now? IMO, maybe Beyoncé, Adele, Bruno Mars, Michael Buble, Pink, Christina Aguilera, and John Legend. Charice is a great singer also. Definitely not Miley Cyrus.

Last edited by peanut333 : Sep 13, 2014 at 11:10 AM.
peanut333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2014, 01:47 PM   #2
Bongo
Nowhere Man

I'm gonna go on a limb, and say none of the above. It's just the modern age Disco crap that also disappeared!!

Last edited by Bongo : Sep 13, 2014 at 01:48 PM.
Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2014, 05:17 PM   #3
ringo_rama
Old Brown Shoe

I like Michael Buble, but he's not gonna have a lasting legacy. Sinatra, Bennett, etc. will stand the test of time, and I'm sure another Buble-type will emerge sooner or later to keep the standards alive, but will anyone really turn to the Michael Buble rendition of "The Way You Look Tonight" when it's almost as vintage as Sinatra's definitive take?

Not a fan of either one but I would say that Lady Gaga and Kanye West are the first two to come to mind in thinking of who has the creativity and popularity to last a long time.

Please visualize this whenever you read my posts:
Yay!!!!!!
-R_R: eradicating stupidity, one post at a time
ringo_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:21 PM   #4
Zimmerman The Gnome
Sun King

Jake Bugg
Old Sep 16, 2014, 08:09 AM   #5
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo_rama View Post
I like Michael Buble, but he's not gonna have a lasting legacy. Sinatra, Bennett, etc. will stand the test of time, and I'm sure another Buble-type will emerge sooner or later to keep the standards alive, but will anyone really turn to the Michael Buble rendition of "The Way You Look Tonight" when it's almost as vintage as Sinatra's definitive take?

Not a fan of either one but I would say that Lady Gaga and Kanye West are the first two to come to mind in thinking of who has the creativity and popularity to last a long time.
I have never heard Kanye sing, but he acts too goofy for my tastes and I have only heard one Lady Gaga song, she sounds OK but is also a little too wacky. One Direction is OK, does anyone like their singing? I once read Kanye wanted to be the next MJ. Yeah right, good luck Kanye . Then again, I once read the Jonas brothers state they considered themselves the next Beatles. I don't think so!
peanut333 is offline   Reply With Quote